Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu (1966 Views)

Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation / Jonathan’s Letter On Constitution Amendment Shocks Senate / AIT Slanderous Documentary: "The Real Buhari" Documentary Is Full Of Lies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by Reckoner: 7:52pm On Sep 28, 2013
REJOINDER TO THE MALICIOUSLY CONCOCTED FABRICATIONS AGAINST MR A.O. OGUNSEYE (SUB DEAN, FACULTY OF LAW, LASU) AND THE ENTIRE LECTURERS; FACULTY OF LAW LASU

The attention of we the members of the latest graduated set has been brought to the fictional, mischievous and pervertedly plotted falsehood which is an outright misrepresentation of the Lecturers and Students of the prestigious Faculty of Law, Lagos State University.
Having scrutinised carefully the so called Open Letter, It became manifest that it was a mere tantrum and an ill-temper by the 'student' being a reflection of societal decadence where politicians from conservatives to anarchists design lies to sound truthful with the aspiration of murdering the respectable and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind. The piece is but a way of giving solidity to pure wind.
It must at first be brought to the knowledge of the alert public that no such person exists as 'Adesina Johnson' in the entire Faculty log of bona fide students, talk less of the graduating class in particular. All members of the faculty hence finds the allegations comical.
It is an irrefutable fact that the Constitution guarantees the Freedom of Speech and also prohibits exploitation of persons for benefits. It however makes provision for ways to enforce such rights should there arise any breach. We are thence compelled to emphasis on the flaws that have plagued the libellous 'open letter', for although the writer (whoever the person is) acknowledges that he did not consult the school authority but instead opted for the media to try the character of a person based on unproved allegations.
It is overgreatly confusing whether this person was in a state of trance when he stated that he has paid part of the bribe and afterwards runs to the public when the illegality didn't favour him. 'Ex turpi causa non oritur actio'. This would make his argument nothing better than an argumentum ad hominem which is just calculated to injure the personality of the lecturer.
We must underline that we are strongly indebted to these lecturers who have gone out of their way to ensure that we find comfort amidst the educational decadence plaguing the country at this time, by making sure that the final year Law Students write their exams despite the ASUU strike, in order to meet up with the static calendar of the Nigerian Law School.

This therefore tells greatly on the intention of the supposed student who states that all his write ups were rejected for not meeting up to standards of a valid university dissertation. Every supervisor has the right to refuse defective or plagiarised projects. As such, no one can therefore validly use that as a basis to crucify any lecturer.

Not reporting to the school authority proofs that this person is only interested in bringing the image of the prestigious faculty to the ground. It also reveals that the person has no belief in the persons in authority and would probably accuse the state governor too if the claims he levied against the lecturer is found baseless. It is on this basis among others that we the finalist of this prestigious faculty write to refute this preposterous publication and ask that any aggrieved person should follow the required method of enforcing his rights as provided by the law.

It is worthy of note that the Executive Governor of Lagos State and the Vice Chancellor, Lagos State University are both working tenaciously to rebrand the image of the university. We hence appeal to this type of 'student' who is hiding behind the curtain that he should not drag the highly respectable image of the top rated Law faculty to the mud.
It is no longer a news that LASULAWS remains one of the best in the world and in Africa with his students coming out with flying colours in the Nigerian Law School. LASULAWS Students with the back of the University authority have judiciously been noted to always come out with outstanding excellence in both National and International Moot Competitions. Their records at the Oxford University and Nelson Mandela University South Africa among numerous speaks for this fact. We as such throw the question to the writer that are these heights attained with bait or intimacy?

We the outgoing students have succinctly prepared merit awards to distinguish members of our faculty who made numerous impacts in becoming what we are today. We are pleased to announce to the public that the defamed Mr. Ogunseye made the outstanding list of the lecturers that deserves this merit. Other contemporaries are Dr Obadina (Dean of Law), Dr FAR Adeleke, Mr Gbenga Ojo, Mr Olatoye to mention but few.

We finally challenge the aggrieved writer of the slanderous publication that he should follow the required method of enforcing his rights as provided by the law if he has one at all.

Signed
Ibileru Joshua (On behalf of the entire 2013 class)
HEAD OF CLASS

3 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by manny4life(m): 8:11pm On Sep 28, 2013
Your thoughts are salient and very well understanding, I believe in hierarchical protocol which must be adhered to when issues like this occur, however, it doesn't negate the issues raised in the complainants "open letter". Granted that the issues including sexual harassment or perhaps sexual favors "quid pro quo" will be addressed by investigative authorities, and the "open letter" may seem as an attempt to cause harm, I'm compelled to believe the first letter. The writer raised disturbing practices and unusual norms that occur in LASU, though a mere accusation, it’s provoking.

2 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 28, 2013
Very logical post. The moderator should ensure this rejoinder makes the 1st page. At least people will also be privileged to the other side of the story.
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by ba7man(m): 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2013
@OP. Did you expect him to use his real name so that he'll be a ready made target for victimization??

Why are you talking as if its not normal for Lecturers to sexually exploit female students.

If i start posting names of Lecturers and stories of cases of sexual harrasment when i was back in school, it would fit to be made into a series with over 10 seasons.

Well, both sides of the story is necessary to arrive at a conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 28, 2013
manny4life: Your thoughts are salient and very well understanding, I believe in hierarchical protocol which must be adhered to when issues like this occur, however, it doesn't negate the issues raised in the complainants "open letter". Granted that the issues including sexual harassment or perhaps sexual favors "quid pro quo" will be addressed by investigative authorities, and the "open letter" may seem as an attempt to cause harm, I'm compelled to believe the first letter. The writer raised disturbing practices and unusual norms that occur in LASU, though a mere accusation, it’s provoking.
[quote author=manny4life]

The first was truly very provoking. But to believe anything, especially from an unknown person who can't even be identified by his colleagues begs a million and one questions.
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by emiye(m): 8:28pm On Sep 28, 2013
It is the petitioners words against this rejoinder, the class head is plausibly the lecturers agent.

i know some shameless lecturers use class rep /head as their agents of "naira for grades" in nigeria ivory towers.

The matter should be thoroughly investigated, i am 99% sure the petitioner was not ranting
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 28, 2013
emiye: It is the petitioners words against this rejoinder, the class head is plausibly the lecturers agent.

i know some shameless lecturers use class rep /head as their agents of "naira for grades" in nigeria ivory towers.

The matter should be thoroughly investigated, i am 99% sure the petitioner was not ranting

Fact. But issues aren't determined in that manner to apportion true justice. Who says the petitioner can't be an aggrieved family member or an opposition. grin grin grin. But truly, you can't neglect a rejoinder signed by the entire class of the supposed aggrieved.
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by ba7man(m): 8:39pm On Sep 28, 2013
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by yaqubeleto(m): 9:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
This REJOINDER need a 1st page view. The moderators should please take note.
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by Brimmie(m): 9:49pm On Sep 28, 2013
Am Confused!!
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 28, 2013
emiye: It is the petitioners words against this rejoinder, the class head is plausibly the lecturers agent.

End of discussion. I know that most 'class reps' act as lecturers' agents - for unserious or intellectually deficient students that want to pay bribes for grades and/or offer sex for grades. 9 out of 10 times, class reps or heads are lecturers' agents. They are hardly credible enough to inspire confidence in these situations. In a 'rugged' school like LASU for that matter, hmm.... forgerrit. It is a cesspool of filth.
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by BLS1: 11:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
^^ How credible can anyone take him when he says things like this:
It is no longer a news that LASULAWS remains one of the best in the world and in Africa with his students coming out with flying colours in the Nigerian Law School.
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by Prestonvic(m): 3:33am On Sep 29, 2013
Another story!
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by talktimi(m): 3:57am On Sep 29, 2013
I gat a feelin, daaat funky feelin say it was either the students brought out this rejoinder or their final results will suddenly get K leg thereby pausing their law school waka for some years while investigations take place grin I joke i joke Bubut you dont expect the writer of the "open letter" to use his/her real name na, even going thru the famous proper channels can expose him to victimization from the pals of the accused lecturer. My only advice for students suffering such wahala is to try as much as possible to get video + audio evidence a la police stylee. SHIKENA
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by mrking3(m): 4:10am On Sep 29, 2013
Who ever attended Public Uni in his days would readily agree that majority of the Course Reps are Agents through which †ђξ Lecturers carry out their Evil plans! in most schools! Course Reps enjoy some Degree of Immunity from failing courses, Getting Good grades, buying †ђξ exorbitant text materials among others! So I'm not surprised to see this Rejoinder written by †ђξ Head of class in Defence of His Boss! I believe he must have brainwashed some of his colleagues to append their signature so as to give credibility to His Rejoinder and possibly get 20 marks in return! Nobody wants to Fail in His or Her Final Year!
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by ba7man(m): 6:11am On Sep 29, 2013
I think the use of the internet to expose corrupt policemen should be applied to expose the corrupt Lecturers too.

With video/audio evidence, they can be exposed to the world.

Nigerian students, take note.
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by dgitrader(m): 6:50am On Sep 29, 2013
class reps are majorly the lecturers agents, this guy should go and seat down, and stop defending his bosses. Greedy lad!
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by sunboy(m): 7:27am On Sep 29, 2013
B.L.S:
^^ How credible can anyone take him when he says things like this:

Google search is free smiley make some research, read and you learn. The poster also added 2 universities as additional reference.
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by Hadone(m): 8:18am On Sep 29, 2013
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 29, 2013
dgitrader: class reps are majorly the lecturers agents, this guy should go and seat down, and stop defending his bosses. Greedy lad!

If that is the case, he wouldn't have signed on behalf of his entire colleauges. I can authoritatively tell you that majority of the classmates of the supposed petitioner have come out to debunk the truth of the story through various social media means within their reach. And trust me , if any HOC will act aginst the will of students glaringly for a lecturer, not in LASU. He'll so be dealt with! Chai!!! grin
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by iamt4tayo: 10:36am On Sep 29, 2013
Denial is logical... If the so-called victim truly wants Justice. He/She should come forth with open hands instead of hiding behind the curtains of Anonymity.
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by emiye(m): 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2013
Law prince:

Fact. But issues aren't determined in that manner to apportion true justice. Who says the petitioner can't be an aggrieved family member or an opposition. grin grin grin. But truly, you can't neglect a rejoinder signed by the entire class of the supposed aggrieved.

Are you the HOC?

The HOC claimed the said petitioners name is not on the faculty log, how did he get access to the all the names on the facultys log Is the HOC now a non academic staff?

If truly he has written the rejoinder on behalf of his classmates, he should be provide the list showing signatures of all classmates , purpose and date. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I will advice that the HOC exam and assessment scripts be crosschecked with the grades awarded to him, the HOC should be subjected to investigation. grin grin

While, i agree it is much easier for the sub dean to lay judicial ambush, even if truly he is guilty, i think more native intelligence should be deployed to investigate the matter, the state government should be involved.
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by emiye(m): 1:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
Law prince:

If that is the case, he wouldn't have signed on behalf of his entire colleauges. I can authoritatively tell you that majority of the classmates of the supposed petitioner have come out to debunk the truth of the story through various social media means within their reach. And trust me , if any HOC will act aginst the will of students glaringly for a lecturer, not in LASU. He'll so be dealt with! Chai!!! grin

In this kind of case, you dont just sign on behalf of your entire colleagues, you take their signatures to prove that majority of the classmates are in line with you. I also understand most students want to graduate, and will prefer to keep silent even in the midst of injustice.

To those clamouring, he should have taken the normal protocol of lodging his complaints, the sad truth is that the immoral academic staffs are in the majority, and one might most likely chair a committee to address such petitions.
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by Omexonomy: 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2013
All those lasu part time students that went and reported their HOD and lecturers for collecting compulsory and expensive gift( bribe and extortion) to the VC has never graduated since 2008 till date. And nobody is fighting for them.
Their are certain kind of courruption that can not be stop.
Law prince:

Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by Omexonomy: 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2013
My brother i understand you very well. I was once part of the system in lasu so i know what i am saying. The saddest part is that some lasu part time students that went and reported their HOD and lecturers for collecting compulsory and expensive gift( bribe and extortion) to the VC has never graduated since 2008 till date. And nobody is fighting for them nobody is saying anything on their behalf their's is a lost case. Very sad.
Their are certain kind of courruption that can not be stop.
iamt4tayo: Denial is logical... If the so-called victim truly wants Justice. He/She should come forth with open hands instead of hiding behind the curtains of Anonymity.
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by ugolodge: 6:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
OPEN LETTER TO THE VICE CHANCELLOR LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY
RE: INTIMATE HARASSMENT IN LASU

Dear Sir,

Calvary greetings to you. I wish you well sir.

The above subject matter refers.

Though it may not be the best of all times to write this letter to you, but I am compelled, given certain supervening events, which is not unconnected with the fact that the name of an institution in which I am one of the old boys would want to be brought to public domain, majorly on matters and issues bordering on fallacy, triviality and the likes.

With heart rending sobs, I am doing this letter, as a result of a letter published in the website of Nairaland.com, on the 26th September, 2013, by one Mr. Johnson Adesina, purporting to be an open letter to the Governor of Lagos State, in the person of His Excellency, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN). I could not but opt for a rejoinder. It is a settled aphorism that “when evil prevails and impious men bear sway, the post of honour becomes a private station”. The impious man now is Mr. Johnson Adesina who claims to be a graduate student of law from the faculty of law, imperiously denigrating, traducing and mudslinging no other person than the persona of one of his honourable lecturers in the person of Mr. A.O Ogunseye. It will not be a mere meosis nay litotes to say that given what obtains in the book of Proverbs chapter 18:17 of the Holy Bible: to wit “He who states his case first seems right until the other come and examines him”. Mr. Johnson Adesina provided he may not be pseudonymic, might have parroted a written script prepared for him by his co-travelers, but this I believe was an attempt to create confusion and polemic between the lecturers in faculty of law vis-à-vis the University environment.

Mr. Johnson Adesina’s clap trap letter to the governor of Lagos State and the contents therein could at best be a material fit for dustbin, as not in the legion of horrid Hell has come a man more dared in evil to top Adesina.

Mr. Johnson Adesina was to throw customary Yoruba respect for age and tradition to the wind by not exhausting his problem internally.

This writer is not holding the brief of any person, rather I am piqued in the sense that from the period 1988 spanning till the present I have been a student within the environment of the said university LASU hence I may not arrogate to myself as ancient and modern student in LASU to have studied the characters and persons of my lecturers before I may take side in apportioning blame on any of them whatsoever. It is on the behest of all the aforesaid that I crave the indulgence of your good office to disregard the charades of Mr. Johnson Adesina spatchcocked to wear the garment of truth. It is a tale told by an idiot and lazy student full of sound and fury signifying nothing
We must learn to respect our teachers, from pupilage to the tertiary level as in the absence of our parents, our teachers and lecturers forever, past and present remain in loco-parentis. God bless you.

Thank you sir,

Yours faithfully,

UGO OSUJi (Esq), (Class Governor),
LLM CLASS FACULTY OF LAW
LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY Ojo
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by emiye(m): 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2013
Hey !, Mr Ugo, throw respect to the dustbin for now, and let the allegations be looked in to.

I wont completely blame the petitioner for not exhausting the problem internally, it might be lack of belief in the system, although he believed in an individual , (the VC of the school), an individual is only a part of the system and not the system.

I for one do not also trust most class governors, they are side kicks for lecturers, and fight for their personal interest to the detriment of their mates
Re: Rejoinder To The Slanderous Open Letter On Intimate Harassment In Lasu by dridowu: 6:43pm On Sep 30, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Dayokunu: Ok. / Aregbesola In Early Lead, As Results Tricke In / How Beheaded Air Force Pilot Killed 63 Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.