Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? (11155 Views)

The Dedication Of Catholic Church, Nkpor Anambra (Photos) / Child Dedication By Christians, Any Biblical Support To This Practice / The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 12:39am On Oct 26, 2014
Bidam:
Luke 2:22-24. "And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord; (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lordwink And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons."

First of all, Bidam, you need to understand God's time clock AND\OR IN GOD'S DISPENSATION. If you refuse to understand this truth in the word, you will continue to err in scripture interpretation. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are considered NT but the events are STILL UNDER THE LAW OR IT IS STILL OT.

2. Jesus had no say over his parent presenting him to the Lord as dedication. He's already part of the Godhead, he doesn't need dedication but this is what his parent believed in which Jesus do not have any say on that AS HE IS JUST A NEW BORN BABY. Could he as a new born baby spoken to his parent not to dedicate him? Certainly not!!!

3. The same scripture you quoted clearly mentioned, the practices of the law of Moses was still in effect. That should tell you that they (including the parent of Jesus) were still under the law, the practice of the law of Moses was still in effect and Luke is not a NT for Christian doctrine.

3b. The purpose of the law was for Christ to fulfill it - Hence, his messages are to those (audience) under the law so that He can redeem them who are under the law, Galatians 4:4-5. After Christ died, fulfilled the law and nailed it to the cross, is it this same law of Moses that Christ redeem people from that you, Bidam is teaching to take people back into that law. Do you see how you are frustrating the finished works of Christ? If that law was okay for man, why would Christ redeem them from that law?

4. If you're teaching Child dedication which WAS God's will AT THAT TIME AND DISPENSATION OF LUKE 2 BUT NOT GOD'S PERFECT WILL AT THIS DISPENSATION, then are you also teaching the full sacrifice ACCORDING TO THE LAW OF MOSES? That child dedication said,

And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.

Don't tell us that we're in the modern age and our "pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons" is to be replaced by monetary offerings etc. You will outrightly be doing a damage to that law in the word of God. God had moved from law to HIS GRACE but you are still sitting on the mountain where God already moved. You can't partially do the law on one hand and on the other hand practice God's unmerited goodness, you will be what Christ called, neither cold nor hot.

2 Likes

Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 12:50am On Oct 26, 2014
Goshen360:

First of all, Bidam, you need to understand God's time clock AND\OR IN GOD'S DISPENSATION. If you refuse to understand this truth in the word, you will continue to err in scripture interpretation. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are considered NT but the events are STILL UNDER THE LAW OR IT IS STILL OT.

2. Jesus had no say over his parent presenting him to the Lord as dedication. He's already part of the Godhead, he doesn't need dedication but this is what his parent believed in which Jesus do not have any say on that AS HE IS JUST A NEW BORN BABY. Could he as a new born baby spoken to his parent not to dedicate him? Certainly not!!!

3. The same scripture you quoted clearly mentioned, the practices of the law of Moses was still in effect. That should tell you that they (including the parent of Jesus) were still under the law, the practice of the law of Moses was still in effect and Luke is not a NT for Christian doctrine.

3b. The purpose of the law was for Christ to fulfill it - Hence, his messages are to those (audience) under the law so that He can redeem them who are under the law, Galatians 4:4-5. After Christ died, fulfilled the law and nailed it to the cross, is it this same law of Moses that Christ redeem people from that you, Bidam is teaching to take people back into that law. Do you see how you are frustrating the finished works of Christ? If that law was okay for man, why would Christ redeem them from that law?

4. If you're teaching Child dedication which WAS God's will AT THAT TIME AND DISPENSATION OF LUKE 2 BUT NOT GOD'S PERFECT WILL AT THIS DISPENSATION, then are you also teaching the full sacrifice ACCORDING TO THE LAW OF MOSES? That child dedication said,

And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.

Don't tell us that we're in the modern age and our "pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons" is to be replaced by monetary offerings etc. You will outrightly be doing a damage to that law in the word of God. God had moved from law to HIS GRACE but you are still sitting on the mountain where God already moved. You can't partially do the law on one hand and on the other hand practice God's unmerited goodness, you will be what Christ called, neither cold nor hot.
Lol@ taking people back to the Law, i even have an understanding of the law so no need to belabour the point.

My question is since John's baptism came under the Law should it also be discarded just like you are advocating discarding a simple ceremony like dedication?
Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 1:02am On Oct 26, 2014
Bidam:

A Baby Dedication [size=15pt]is a ceremony[/size] in which believing parents, and sometimes entire families, make a commitment before the Lord to submit a child to God's will and to raise that child according to God's Word and God's ways.

True, it is a ceremony under the Mosaic ONLY TO A BELIEVING PARENT WHO BELIEVES IN THE LAW OF MOSES. I believe EVERYTHING WRITTEN IN THE LAW OF MOSES, BUT THEY WEREN'T WRITTEN TO ME NEITHER WAS IT WRITTEN TO ANY CHRISTIAN. These laws are shadows and shades and the REALITY....Bidam is IN CHRIST. Your error is, you are teaching the law as a MEANS TO RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD AND ACT OF WORSHIP instead of teaching the law as a finished works of Christ....that is, teaching the law AS CHRIST THE REALITY OF THE LAW.

See how Christ dedicated us to God....in Himself,

1 Corinthians 1:2Expanded Bible (EXB)

2 To the church of God in Corinth [ an important city in southern Greece; Paul started the church on his second missionary journey, around ad 52; Acts 18], to you who have been ·made holy [sanctified; dedicated/set apart to God] in Christ Jesus. You were called to be ·God’s holy people [ saints] with all people everywhere who pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ—·their Lord and ours [ theirs and ours]:

So guess what, If I'm dedicated to God IN CHRIST, what do you think offspring that comes out of me will be? Dedicated to the Devil? In the NT, not until you DO A CEREMONY to dedicate a child unto God BEFORE that child is dedicated. This truth is Apostolic doctrine here.
Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 1:14am On Oct 26, 2014
Bidam:

Child dedication is the act of giving back to God the gift he has given you as parents. It is an act of worship, thanksgiving, dependence, trust, and commitment. The practice of child dedication has been modeled throughout the Bible.

The above is what the Babylon church taught and it is not the complete truth\revelation of God but partial. You can't give back to God what he had given you. For instance, God gave Christ to you and the world, did you, Bidam gave Christ back? If you give back to God what he gave you, you never accepted it in the first place...then it is not a gift. When someone give you a gift, do you turn around asking the person HOW MUCH YOU OWE HIM or do you just accept the gift and thank the person? You're violating many scriptures simple because you soak yourself much in the OT which contain more God dealing with Jewish nation and unrealized, you're studying the dealings of God under a dispensation of Jewish people and applying it to Christianity.

b. Many Children was dedicated under the law but they erred from God's will....was dedication not working or the parent of those child not instruct them in the way of the Lord? E.g, Samson, sons of Eli etc.

1 Like

Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 1:34am On Oct 26, 2014
Bidam:

A. There is nowhere in scriptures that Paul discussed to the early churches about child dedication

B. but i believe the early church practiced it strictly in principle from the mosaic laws

C. ( i stand to be corrected sha)

D. as well as marriages which is also copied from OT scriptures.

a. Bidam, if you agree that THERE IS NOWHERE PAUL taught child dedication to churches,why are you adding to what is written and teaching it to people in accordance with the law? Do you think Paul taught acts of worship according to the law to Gentile Christians? This your statement is "an assertion" in an attempt to adding to what is written by the Apostolic Grace and you don't have to teach it if the Apostles never taught it.

b. Statement (a) is contradicting statement (b). If you believe Paul never taught it, where do you then see from scriptures early church practicing it....AND STRICTLY IN PRINCIPLES FROM MOSAIC LAW. Do you not know that the whole book of Hebrews is tearing down the Jewish\Mosaic regulations down? What you are doing is rebuilding the Mosaic that was tore down and this, according to scripture is what makes you a sinner\transgressor:

Galatians 2:18Amplified Bible (AMP)

18 For if I [or any others who have taught that the observance of the Law of Moses is not essential to being justified by God should now by word or practice teach or intimate that it is essential to] build up again what I tore down, I prove myself a transgressor.

c. We correct you but the bitter truth is, you're a hardcore to the law. Romans 7....in Amplified version tells you to disengage every intercourse with the law and marry Christ....which have the reality\substance. You should divorce the law, see Christ in the law and teach Christ as the reality of the law not as practice or observance. That's when you will appreciate the purpose of the law. There's absolutely nothing in the law that Christ had not already fulfilled because it is all about doing something to meet God's requirement but man can't so Christ did. if Christ already did, why are you still trying to do what is already done?

d. Is another error. The Apostles never pulled Christian doctrine from the law on Marriage - It is from the relationship of Christ and the church being His bride.

2 Likes

Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 1:43am On Oct 26, 2014
Bidam:

The only place i see Paul talked about children is:

Ephesians 6:4:

"fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord." God's instructions are plain.

The above scripture is simple. How parent bring up their children in the Lord. It is different from what you defined child dedication to mean and don't forget child dedication GOES ALONG WITH A SACRIFICE ACCORDING TO THAT WHICH IS SAID IN THE LAW OF THE LORD, A PAIR OF TURTLEDOVE OR TWO YOUNG PIGEONS...... grin grin grin. So Bidam, if this scripture by Paul is referring to child dedication, do I BRING MY CHILDREN UP IN THE TRAINING AND INSTRUCTION OF THE LORD BY ALSO BRINGING A PAIR OF TURTLEDOVE OR TWO YOUNG PIGEONS, every time I train my children? Obviously, that scripture got nothing to do with child dedication but how a parent bring up their child.

1 Like

Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 1:57am On Oct 26, 2014
Bidam:

Since our brothers say tithe is old testament law and should be as such discarded in churches,should child dedication also be discarded in churches? I need you views.

Bidam, the problem is NOT what we say but what the complete revelation\truth of the word says. The word says, if you're going to practice the law, you must practice the whole. You can't pick some and discard some. This is the gospel truth we've been teaching for ages. I call on you to embracing the gospel of Grace....not based on works which the law is based on works.

That's why we also discard child dedication as it pertains to the law. It is not a Christian constitution. The Christian constitution is Apostolic doctrine which Christ's teaching was the foundation. So, you have to understand everything Christ taught in the light of the revelation of what He (Christ) finished and revealed to Paul and other Apostles. That's what is called, Apostolic doctrines.

New Living Translation
All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord's Supper), and to prayer.

If tithe is to be practiced in churches, let it be practiced ACCORDING TO THE LAW and if child dedication is to be practiced in churches, let it also be done according to the law so we know these churches are practicing full law and make void the Grace that came by Christ. So, in essence, when we discard tithe and also child dedication, we're not cherry-picking scriptures....we're not picking only the ones that suits us maybe because of advantages of gain. But you and I know, child dedication is never and will never be done as STRICTLY STIPULATED IN THE LAW SO ALSO IS TITHE PRACTICE. So, all are nailed to the Cross of Christ. We're not obedient to the law but to the faith of the Son of God who loved us and gave Himself for us. Hence, we preach CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED!!!

1 Like

Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 2:10am On Oct 26, 2014
Bidam:
Lol@ taking people back to the Law, i even have an understanding of the law so no need to belabour the point.

My question is since John's baptism came under the Law should it also be discarded just like you are advocating discarding a simple ceremony like dedication?

1. Yes, you're taking people back into the law and so doing, you frustrate the finished works of your Master and make yourself\people following you a sinner. Bidam, if you have understand of the law, you will put it in right perspective. The law as a (1) practice\means of justification\observance\acts of worship is different from the (2) law as a way of life and also the law is different (3) as a shadow which Christ is the substance\reality. You are teaching it as (1) mentioned. If you start teaching it as (3), then is when you catch the revelation of the purpose of the law.

2. What has John the Baptist got to do with child dedication we're talking about? John came also still under the law. My point is, understand John's message in the dispensation it was preached and rightly divide the word of truth, you will catch the revelation of what I'm saying. Again, if you or anyone is going to practice child dedication, do it according to how the word says: as mentioned in the law of Moses and don't try to change\substitute turtledove and pigeons for anything just like crops, animals and agricultural products are tithe items AS MENTIONED IN THE LAW.

2 Likes

Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 2:21am On Oct 26, 2014
Ok Godwin, if you have finished venting your diatribe about what the law is and what is not lemme know, so i can sleep. Tommorrow na church o.cheesy
Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 2:26am On Oct 26, 2014
Bidam:
Ok Godwin, if you have finished venting your diatribe about what the law is and what is not lemme know, so i can sleep. Tommorrow na church o.cheesy

I don finish joor. Go sleep. grin I wan start another thread to do a teach joor. You will learn one of two pertaining to what we're saying here, not that I'm motivated to do the teaching by this thread but I already have some topics to address.
Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Boomark(m): 4:14am On Oct 26, 2014
Goshen360:

True, it is a ceremony under the Mosaic ONLY TO A BELIEVING PARENT WHO BELIEVES IN THE LAW OF MOSES. I believe EVERYTHING WRITTEN IN THE LAW OF MOSES, BUT THEY WEREN'T WRITTEN TO ME NEITHER WAS IT WRITTEN TO ANY CHRISTIAN. These laws are shadows and shades and the REALITY....Bidam is IN CHRIST. Your error is, you are teaching the law as a MEANS TO RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD AND ACT OF WORSHIP instead of teaching the law as a finished works of Christ....that is, teaching the law AS CHRIST THE REALITY OF THE LAW.

See how Christ dedicated us to God....in Himself,

1 Corinthians 1:2Expanded Bible (EXB)

2 To the church of God in Corinth [ an important city in southern Greece; Paul started the church on his second missionary journey, around ad 52; Acts 18], to you who have been ·made holy [sanctified; dedicated/set apart to God] in Christ Jesus. You were called to be ·God’s holy people [ saints] with all people everywhere who pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ—·their Lord and ours [ theirs and ours]:

So guess what, If I'm dedicated to God IN CHRIST, what do you think offspring that comes out of me will be? Dedicated to the Devil? In the NT, not until you DO A CEREMONY to dedicate a child unto God BEFORE that child is dedicated. This truth is Apostolic doctrine here.

This is what Bidam and those who practice this law needs. Child dedication has been abolished. No need to re-abolish something that has been abolished and does not exist. What people are practicing today as child dedication is unnecessary, whatever is unnecessary is a burden, whatever is a burden has been abolished, abolished things does not exist for Christians.

The same applies to the mandate to pay tithe and every other practices of the law, they have been abolished. This is the power of Christ fulfilment of the law.

2 Likes

Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by vooks: 4:19am On Oct 26, 2014
Dedication is a Christian tradition, a LATE introduction like Christmas and tithing. This leaves the manner and the timing of the ceremony discretionary. Actually it is an improvement from Roman Catholic infant baptism but it remains a tradition and nothing else

The difference between tithing and dedication is tithing DIRECTLY helps the powers that be and as such they teach it with rabid vehemence and they use threats and curses of hellfire or poverty to blackmail members into towing the line cheesy cheesy
They will tell you that it is 'by faith' and 'free' but they don't trust your judgement on the same seeing if you opt against it, they'd miss out on the money!

Tithe collectors are as desperate to get it as to Multilevel marketing guys. They are more interested in your buying not because they are selling superior goods but because they stand to gain much commission from the transaction. Money is a major motive

Bidam:
Luke 2:22-24. "And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord; (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lordwink And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons."

A Baby Dedication is a ceremony in which believing parents, and sometimes entire families, make a commitment before the Lord to submit a child to God's will and to raise that child according to God's Word and God's ways.

Child dedication is the act of giving back to God the gift he has given you as parents. It is an act of worship, thanksgiving, dependence, trust, and commitment. The practice of child dedication has been modeled throughout the Bible.

Now non Presbyterian churches called this child dedication while we see Catholics refer to this as infant baptism,my point of opening this thread is for proponent who are in the campaign of condemning the law of Moses to air their views on this issue.

There is nowhere in scriptures that Paul discussed to the early churches about child dedication but i believe the early church practiced it strictly in principle from the mosaic laws( i stand to be corrected sha) as well as marriages which is also copied from OT scriptures.

"fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord." God's instructions are plain.

Since our brothers say tithe is old testament law and should be as such discarded in churches,should child dedication also be discarded in churches? I need you views.

2 Likes

Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 26, 2014
Boomark:

This is what Bidam and those who practice this law needs. Child dedication has been abolished. No need to re-abolish something that has been abolished and does not exist. What people are practicing today as child dedication is unnecessary, whatever is unnecessary is a burden, whatever is a burden has been abolished, abolished things does not exist for Christians.

The same applies to the mandate to pay tithe and every other practices of the law, they have been abolished. This is the power of Christ fulfilment of the law.
Ok, your opinion is noted boomark.
Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 26, 2014
vooks:
Dedication is a Christian tradition, a LATE introduction like Christmas and tithing. This leaves the manner and the timing of the ceremony discretionary. Actually it is an improvement from Roman Catholic infant baptism but it remains a tradition and nothing else
ok.
The difference between tithing and dedication is tithing DIRECTLY helps the powers that be and as such they teach it with rabid vehemence and they use threats and curses of hellfire or poverty to blackmail members into towing the line cheesy cheesy
They will tell you that it is 'by faith' and 'free' but they don't trust your judgement on the same seeing if you opt against it, they'd miss out on the money!

Tithe collectors are as desperate to get it as to Multilevel marketing guys. They are more interested in your buying not because they are selling superior goods but because they stand to gain much commission from the transaction. Money is a major motive

No one ask you this, Lol, if you are itching for a fight, go visit the tithe threads, thanks for your contribution Mr.vooks.
Have a blessed sunday.
Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 26, 2014
Goshen360:

I don finish joor. Go sleep. grin I wan start another thread to do a teach joor. You will learn one of two pertaining to what we're saying here, not that I'm motivated to do the teaching by this thread but I already have some topics to address.
Lol, you no see as you dey goof for all your answers abi. Any way thanks.
Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by paxonel(m): 8:05am On Oct 26, 2014
Bidam:

A Baby Dedication is a ceremony in which believing parents, and sometimes entire families, make a commitment before the Lord to submit a child to God's will and to raise that child according to God's Word and God's ways.

Now non Presbyterian churches called this child dedication while we see Catholics refer to this as infant baptism,my point of opening this thread is for proponent who are in the campaign of condemning the law of Moses to air their views on this issue.

There is nowhere in scriptures that Paul discussed to the early churches about child dedication but i believe the early church practiced it strictly in principle from the mosaic laws( i stand to be corrected sha) as well as marriages which is also copied from OT scriptures.

should we also discard the 10 commandments simply because they are old testament laws?
when you say, the law of Moses, which of the laws of moses are you refering to?
is it the Jewish traditional laws of Moses which include tithe, circumcision, offering of animals,child dedication, etc you are referring to, or the 10 commandments?
just know that the laws of Moses encompasses all these laws ,but it is only the 10 commandments(which is the same thing as love your neighbor as yourself) that is mandatory to Christians, that means that all those laws, you can obey them but it is not by force.
i mean, how is payment of tithe related to love your neighbor as yourself?
how is child dedication related to love your neighbor as yourself?
how is circumcision related to love your neighbor as yourself?
therefore, child dedication in church is not by force
Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by paxonel(m): 8:26am On Oct 26, 2014
dein77:
It's a very sensitive issue. However, we can do it to fulfil all righteousness. Besides, it's good to bring a baby to the presence of God.

I will contribute more later. Coincidentally, my daughter's dedication comes up on the 2nd November, 2014.

i like church o. but what do you mean by the presence of God? because, what i know is that the presence of God is everywhere including our toilets.infact,God is also right inside us, so there is no hiding place

1 Like

Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:31am On Oct 26, 2014
people shud nt make child dedication a law. i can decide nt to dedicate all my children. nothing is wrong with that.

2 Likes

Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by paxonel(m): 8:40am On Oct 26, 2014
pls find out the true meaning of ritual in your english dictionary
Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by LordReed(m): 9:38am On Oct 26, 2014
Child dedication is not a requirement for salvation. Whether it is abolished or sustained will make little difference to the outcome of Judgement Day.

1 Like

Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by vooks: 11:02am On Oct 26, 2014
This is a public restroom and as such.....

Nice Lord's Day negro

Bidam:
ok.
No one ask you this, Lol, if you are itching for a fight, go visit the tithe threads, thanks for your contribution Mr.vooks.
Have a blessed sunday.

1 Like

Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2014
paxonel:

should we also discard the 10 commandments simply because they are old testament laws?
The 10 written in the tablets of stones is useless, we are born of the Spirit and the laws written in our hearts is encapsulated in one word LOVE.
when you say, the law of Moses, which of the laws of moses are you refering to?
is it the Jewish traditional laws of Moses which include tithe, circumcision, offering of animals,child dedication, etc you are referring to, or the 10 commandments?
The Laws are 613 actually if you care to go through them.Christians are not bounded by these laws. Child dedication is a custom and practice done by the Jews after a child is circumcised on the eight day,i believe the muslims also copied this practise, if you care to research, the gentiles also have this practise but i can tell where they copied it from.
just know that the laws of Moses encompasses all these laws ,but it is only the 10 commandments(which is the same thing as love your neighbor as yourself) that is mandatory to Christians, that means that all those laws, you can obey them but it is not by force.
i mean, how is payment of tithe related to love your neighbor as yourself?
You need to school yourself on bible history. The isrealites are 12 tribes from Jacob. After God delivered them, he want them to be a prototype of what he wants fufilled on the earth. They are custodians of the laws and covenants, though they disobeyed God on numerous occasions, He wants the be their King, Father to them, the sacrifices for sin was fulfilled when God took on the semblance of a Jewish man, came and died on the cross but before then God had instituted sacrificial laws for sin and other technical regulations which i am pressed for time to discuss here. Simply put they are types and shadows of the reality which is Christ the perfect lamb for the perfect sacrifice for the sins of mankind. Man cannot keep the law because of the original sin committed by Adam. Except you are in Christ it is useless keeping the law.Christ came not according to the law of a carnal commandment but according to the power of an endless life. The long and short of it is gentiles are just priviledged to be grafted into the olive branch because it' s a big family.i don't want to discuss other issues like tithes which is actually a financial tax law instituted by God for equality among the 12tribes, what i want to say is that there are things that are written in scriptures FOR OUR LEARNING...there is a motive for circumcision and the spirit behind it is a heart consecrated unto God....tithes also has its significance and that is a heart of giving..so is sabbath for rest and so on and so forth...
how is child dedication related to love your neighbor as yourself?
Your child is part of you..your extension...if you dedicate him or her to God..you are simply presenting yourself to God as an act of worship and devotion...It becomes a joyous occassion if you do such in the gathering of believers to pledge your allegiance and commitment to train such Godly seeds in the way of the Lord.
how is circumcision related to love your neighbor as yourself?
A believer is a spirit being, circumcision is a matter of the heart not the external flesh...a circumcised heart will be a good brothers keeper.
therefore, child dedication in church is not by force
Ofcos, it is not and that is why the OP made mention of whether it should be discarded. Though most churches do it as a tradition. Thanks for you contribution.
Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 26, 2014
LordReed:
Child dedication is not a requirement for salvation. Whether it is abolished or sustained will make little difference to the outcome of Judgement Day.
True...but a believer covers his household.Don't you think our salvation is a done deal?
Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by asudan: 2:41pm On Oct 26, 2014
Bidam:

Abeg dedicate your child afterall unbelievers does that and Jesus was also dedicated . There's nothing wrong dedicating your child to God because children are heritage to their parents. Don't be moved by those satanic agent coming to nairaland to cause confussion here and saying we're not under the law. There aim is to make believers believe more of the apostolic teaching especially stressing on irrelevant things and use this medium to draw people away from God by causing confussion. They very intelligent with the scriptures and can be classified as Pharisees of our time. Be vilgilant because our adversary the devil is roaming like a wounded lion seeking for people to deceive. We're in the last days and some many doctrines will start springing up and even the elect (Believers) will fall for it.

1 Like

Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by LordReed(m): 3:35pm On Oct 26, 2014
Bidam:
True...but a believer covers his household.Don't you think our salvation is a done deal?

I don't understand covers his household.

Our salvation requires faith yes its a done deal if everyday you maintain your faith.

1 Like

Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 26, 2014
asudan:

Abeg dedicate your child afterall unbelievers does that and Jesus was also dedicated . There's nothing wrong dedicating your child to God because children are heritage to their parents. Don't be moved by those satanic agent coming to nairaland to cause confussion here and saying we're not under the law. There aim is to make believers believe more of the apostolic teaching especially stressing on irrelevant things and use this medium to draw people away from God by causing confussion. They very intelligent with the scriptures and can be classified as Pharisees of our time. Be vilgilant because our adversary the devil is roaming like a wounded lion seeking for people to deceive. We're in the last days and some many doctrines will start springing up and even the elect (Believers) will fall for it.
Thanks bro....
Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 26, 2014
LordReed:

I don't understand covers his household.

Our salvation requires faith yes its a done deal if everyday you maintain your faith.
I was refering to Acts 16:31 about the philippian jailer and his family.
Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2014
asudan:

As you advised him to go ahead and dedicate his child please don't forget to advise him to do that with the sacrifice also commanded in the law of Moses. He, Bidam know the sacrifice commanded for child dedication. ..so no one needs to tell him what they are.

You're fallen from Grace all you who wants to go back into obedience to the laws of Moses and Christ has become of no effect to you.
Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Boomark(m): 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
Bidam:
Ok, your opinion is noted boomark.

Not my opinion bro, its something in the scripture you have been finding difficult to understand since AD 450 BC.

1 Like

Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by paxonel(m): 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2014
Bidam:
The 10 written in the tablets of stones is useless, we are born of the Spirit and the laws written in our hearts is encapsulated in one word LOVE.
The Laws are 613 actually if you care to go through them.Christians are not bounded by these laws. Child dedication is a custom and practice done by the Jews after a child is circumcised on the eight day,i believe the muslims also copied this practise, if you care to research, the gentiles also have this practise but i can tell where they copied it from.
You need to school yourself on bible history. The isrealites are 12 tribes from Jacob. After God delivered them, he want them to be a prototype of what he wants fufilled on the earth. They are custodians of the laws and covenants, though they disobeyed God on numerous occasions, He wants the be their King, Father to them, the sacrifices for sin was fulfilled when God took on the semblance of a Jewish man, came and died on the cross but before then God had instituted sacrificial laws for sin and other technical regulations which i am pressed for time to discuss here. Simply put they are types and shadows of the reality which is Christ the perfect lamb for the perfect sacrifice for the sins of mankind. Man cannot keep the law because of the original sin committed by Adam. Except you are in Christ it is useless keeping the law.Christ came not according to the law of a carnal commandment but according to the power of an endless life. The long and short of it is gentiles are just priviledged to be grafted into the olive branch because it' s a big family.i don't want to discuss other issues like tithes which is actually a financial tax law instituted by God for equality among the 12tribes, what i want to say is that there are things that are written in scriptures FOR OUR LEARNING...there is a motive for circumcision and the spirit behind it is a heart consecrated unto God....tithes also has its significance and that is a heart of giving..so is sabbath for rest and so on and so forth...
Your child is part of you..your extension...if you dedicate him or her to God..you are simply presenting yourself to God as an act of worship and devotion...It becomes a joyous occassion if you do such in the gathering of believers to pledge your allegiance and commitment to train such Godly seeds in the way of the Lord.
A believer is a spirit being, circumcision is a matter of the heart not the external flesh...a circumcised heart will be a good brothers keeper.
Ofcos, it is not and that is why the OP made mention of whether it should be discarded. Though most churches do it as a tradition. Thanks for you contribution.
you are good
Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2014
Boomark:

Not my opinion bro, its something in the scripture you have been finding difficult to understand since AD 450 BC.

grin grin grin
Re: Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 26, 2014
Goshen360:

As you advised him to go ahead and dedicate his child please don't forget to advise him to do that with the sacrifice also commanded in the law of Moses. He, Bidam know the sacrifice commanded for child dedication. ..so no one needs to tell him what they are.

You're fallen from Grace all you who wants to go back into obedience to the laws of Moses and Christ has become of no effect to you.
Of cos as usual spiritual truths are always lost on you..Keep reading letters into scripture. I have already said Jesus has provided Himself as the LAMB for the sacrifice FREELY to us, so no need for a lamb( Lev 12:8.)..moreso we do not need a priest(ofcos in your hurry to justify your "milk doctrine" you forgot to mention that) when we gather to dedicate the child. We are the Holy Priesthood that offer up the SPIRITUAL SACRIFICES ACCEPTABLE TO GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST( 1 Peter 2:5).So when we appear to present our GODLY SEED(Malachi 2:15) before Jesus the MEDIATOR OF THE NEW COVENANT, HIS BLOOD SPEAKS A BETTER WORD FOR US,since we are gathered to God the judge of all men together with the first born whose names are written in heaven( Heb 12:22-24).

Believers are SPIRIT BEINGS. Stop interpreting your carnality in to sacred scriptures whether OT or NT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is Your Understanding Of Sabbath? / The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U / Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.