Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,106 members, 7,953,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:15 PM

Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. (2768 Views)

Two Brothers Batter Church Ushers Over Indecent Dressing / Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by Ukutsgp(m): 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
Most churches send people who are indecently dressed home to dress well before they come to church. Most people consider this trend as an embarassment to them hence when they go home they dont come back to church again till other times. Most churches send ladies who are wearing trouser, mini skirt, and other tight fitting dress home from church to dress well before they come to church. Most ladies when asked why they dress that way claim that that is the only type of dress they have at home. Also boys putting on 'low waist' trousers and are dressing in a gangster manner are not spared. When u go to some church u will know what i am talking about. Ushers will just send u home. How do you see this attitude from churches, is it right or wrong.
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by Ukutsgp(m): 7:10am On Nov 24, 2013
Should people be allowed to wear what they like to church
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by Temismith(f): 7:18am On Nov 24, 2013
K.
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by Ukutsgp(m): 7:23am On Nov 24, 2013
Temismith: K.
what is ur take on this
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:40am On Nov 24, 2013
don't go to church.
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by Ukutsgp(m): 8:13am On Nov 24, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: don't go to church.
why should i not?
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by UyiIredia(m): 8:15am On Nov 24, 2013
Ukuts gp: why should i not?

What clear evidence is there that God requires you to go to church ?
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by UyiIredia(m): 8:17am On Nov 24, 2013
@ topic: The church is free to do that. Might even be goof. Cure some of these 'I dress pass', 'Show Myself on Sunday' mentality of some Christians these days.
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by Ukutsgp(m): 8:31am On Nov 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ topic: The church is free to do that. Might even be goof. Cure some of these 'I dress pass', 'Show Myself on Sunday' mentality of some Christians these days.
but i dnt support sending people home.
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by okeyxyz(m): 8:49am On Nov 24, 2013
Ukuts gp: but i dnt support sending people home.

Ok, reward them then.

You can't be playing politics with your principles/doctrines. If you consider such dressing indecent, then ban them, simples!!! Playing lukewarm with your doctrines will not make you grow spiritually, will not earn you respect, and before you know it you'd gone from running a church to running a carnival.
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by Ukutsgp(m): 8:50am On Nov 24, 2013
Sending them home is nt d best
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by UyiIredia(m): 9:26am On Nov 24, 2013
Ukuts gp: but i dnt support sending people home.

Why ? And besides, it may be necessary to curb the excesses of some people.
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by Ukutsgp(m): 9:45am On Nov 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Why ? And besides, it may be necessary to curb the excesses of some people.
some wont come again. We have to leave them until the word of God will touch them.
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by Ukutsgp(m): 10:23am On Nov 24, 2013
They can be saved one day.
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by Ukutsgp(m): 11:02am On Nov 24, 2013
And that is 4 sure
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by anibi9674: 12:34pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ukuts gp: They can be saved one day.
send dem bak. A little leaven leaveneth d whole lump. If u accept dem dat way u will b leaving dem in a false sense of security. If day really care 4 dia own soul day will cum bak. Wit dia ungodly dress day might make one commit sin.
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by Goshen360(m): 12:41pm On Nov 24, 2013
Nobody should be sent home from worship gathering. There's no support for such from scriptures. What should be done is corrective measures either through messages or some other means, but sending them home, (capital) NO!.
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by doofanc: 12:58pm On Nov 24, 2013
well I think it depends on the situation.

if its a first timer, then such a person shd be corrected in Love. if d dressing is so egregoius to the point of blatantly exposing sensitive parts of d body, then she shd be taken to part where she wont be a distractuon. some churches may even offer offer her clothes to use 4 d duration of d service eg wrapper to cover up a miniskirt.

for an old member, esp one who shd kno better, she/he shd be sent home as deterrent.
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by tobechi20(m): 1:51pm On Nov 24, 2013
The owner of the church bought the land with his money

it is his personal property

he has right to use it as he wish

he can sack everybody for anyreason

he can send u away from the land
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by Ukutsgp(m): 6:19pm On Nov 24, 2013
tobechi20: The owner of the church bought the land with his money

it is his personal property

he has right to use it as he wish

he can sack everybody for anyreason

he can send u away from the land
so it is nt the church of christ again? My guy reason o
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by anukulapo: 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2013
They should do as the spirit leads. Jesus did cast out the traders from the temple.
Sure if he (Jesus) never did that and a pastor of any denomination does that in this our current time, such pastor would be regarded worse than an infidel.
With a first-timer,it is understandable but...sending them home should be at the bottom of the action list if you ask me anyway.
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by Ukutsgp(m): 8:15am On Nov 25, 2013
anukulapo: They should do as the spirit leads. Jesus did cast out the traders from the temple.
Sure if he (Jesus) never did that and a pastor of any denomination does that in this our current time, such pastor would be regarded worse than an infidel.
With a first-timer,it is understandable but...sending them home should be at the bottom of the action list if you ask me anyway.
they should nt send them home cos they can hear d word of God and be change. But if u send them home they can remain hardened.
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by anukulapo: 10:12pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ukuts gp: they should nt send them home cos they can hear d word of God and be change. But if u send them home they can remain hardened.
For first timers and new converts,it's understandable. There are congregations where such is a practice and there is little or nothing done/said about it.
In such environ,it is common,thus it seem normal and nothing comes from the leadership because...nothing from the shepherd "...profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" (2 Timothy 3:16).
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by Nobody: 2:03am On Dec 10, 2013
Ukuts gp: Most churches send people who are indecently dressed home to dress well before they come to church. Most people consider this trend as an embarassment to them hence when they go home they dont come back to church again till other times. Most churches send ladies who are wearing trouser, mini skirt, and other tight fitting dress home from church to dress well before they come to church. Most ladies when asked why they dress that way claim that that is the only type of dress they have at home. Also boys putting on 'low waist' trousers and are dressing in a gangster manner are not spared. When u go to some church u will know what i am talking about. Ushers will just send u home. How do you see this attitude from churches, is it right or wrong.

so I asked you which church you attend in your other thread critizing the catholic church and you ran away and came over here. lmao
Since you said in your other thread that catholics and t.b Joshua followers will go to hell, I asked you which church do you attend so that we can follow your heavenly pastor. Alas, Immediately I asked that question, you abandoned the thread and ran away.
Why are you so ashamed of naming your church, rather hiding behind your keyboard and attacking others.
If you are scared of naming your church, how are you going to convert the hell bound team of catholics and t,b Joshua team nah?

cant stop laughing.

I dare you to mention your church
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by Oyinprince(m): 7:00am On Dec 10, 2013
If the church sends them away, then where wuld they learn how to live the life dat Christ brought(wich does tell u dat u nid to dress decently)
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by Ukutsgp(m): 7:36am On Dec 10, 2013
Oyinprince: If the church sends them away, then where wuld they learn how to live the life dat Christ brought(wich does tell u dat u nid to dress decently)
it is only in the church they can learn it.
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by frank317: 7:40am On Dec 10, 2013
Kamsy10:

so I asked you which church you attend in your other thread critizing the catholic church and you ran away and came over here. lmao
Since you said in your other thread that catholics and t.b Joshua followers will go to hell, I asked you which church do you attend so that we can follow your heavenly pastor. Alas, Immediately I asked that question, you abandoned the thread and ran away.
Why are you so ashamed of naming your church, rather hiding behind your keyboard and attacking others.
If you are scared of naming your church, how are you going to convert the hell bound team of catholics and t,b Joshua team nah?

cant stop laughing.

I dare you to mention your church

i thought i was the only one that noticed this trend in him. the guy is fond of running even from his own thread. he is clueless of what he talks about

1 Like

Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by haibe(m): 7:44am On Dec 10, 2013
Goshen360: Nobody should be sent home from worship gathering. There's no support for such from scriptures. What should be done is corrective measures either through messages or some other means, but sending them home, (capital) NO!.

Correct, infact sending them home is more like you do not trust the word of God to take corrective measures on the life of the person.
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by Donfamous(m): 9:36am On Dec 10, 2013
This is the same mistake many churches have made. There was a day in my church (redeemed) that we did not have service so some of up decide to go a a very rich Behind church on the followin sunday. Believe me. Come and see wat our church sisters are putting becos we are goin to another. But unfortunately rain fell and we were unable to go. So we were like since we cant to there lets fine a church around but we were shy to go becos of the ladies so a guy suggested that we shul go to a nearby christ embassy. Becos *they accept people as they are* found this very disguistin. Why shul churches be acceptin people like that today the Rams, Goats, Bulls we have in church is more than the sheeps we have. A church must 1st build the walk of salvation 1st to differentiate themselves from the rest of the world. (thats another topic for another thread ) its better to have 6 members and go to heaven together than having millions of member you cant control. This people putting on indecent cloth to churches knows the right from the wrong but they are either stubborn or have a plan. Shallom..
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by bizmahn: 10:01am On Dec 10, 2013
I think Ukuts is missing it here.A lady with 99.9% of her bosom or sensitive parts exposed should be allowed into the house of God to pollute,defile & distract members including the pastor on the pulpit? For me its NEVER.Even the HOLY SPIRIT will forbid it. They should be politely told to go home & change.
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by Ukutsgp(m): 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2013
bizmahn: I think Ukuts is missing it here.A lady with 99.9% of her bosom or sensitive parts exposed should be allowed into the house of God to pollute,defile & distract members including the pastor on the pulpit? For me its NEVER.Even the HOLY SPIRIT will forbid it. They should be politely told to go home & change.
really?
Re: Sending people home from church for indecent dressing. by kambo(m): 2:18pm On Dec 17, 2013
Its a culture of disrespect and the church leadership is right to enforce discipline as they see fit.
These ppl wont dare visit a local government chairman in saggy jeans or attend a corporate event tartily dressed but with God anythg goes.
Soon theyll b agitatg for strobe lights in church and ashes will b solicitg customers there . It all strts wth a little leavn.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video Shows Hillsongs Brian Houston Knew About Open Gays In Choir / Meet Bill Gate The Agnostic PLUS His Religious View - A MUST READ FOR CHRISTIANS / Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.