Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa - Nairaland / General (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa (30366 Views)

Nigerian Man Wins A Bet By Sleeping With His Girlfriend In The Open In A Club / Ex Oyo Governor's Daughter Got A Response From A Yoruba Boy / My Reaction When I Had A Response "Server Error" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 10, 2013
Jbluv55:
Since "Mr. Osewa" isn't available to attend to your question, lemme assist hoping I don't get bannedgrin.

Now its common sense that if you choose to deactivate then its because you no longer need the account or you no longer want to be a member of NL.
And then come to think of it what would be the point in a temporary deactivation when you can remain off-NL for as long as you want and log-in back in any decadegrin you choose if you still remember your account details(and of coz if the website is still.......grin). Thus like other websites(Yahoo, Google, etc) or even wt Communication companies you get to retain your account or registration number and visit or use it whenever(that could be referred to as temporary deactivationcheesy) or you simply walk out through one door and walk in through another. Get it?

I may have a couple of questions too since I have been directed to this thread from another but seeing that after an hour you didn't get an answer to yours, I think I'll keep mute for NOW!!!
CODED!

1 Like

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 10, 2013
Brother Seun, i have noticed that often at times when i click on the most recent thread on frontpage, it will take me straight to the Auto Section. Now that's a flaw.
Bro pls also help me tell the SuperMod in charge to please help get this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1460681/nairalander-writer-needs-u-win
to the Frontpage.
Bless U bro!
Team #Nairaland Team #WeTheBestForum.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by UyiIredia(m): 1:31pm On Oct 11, 2013
Ol boy ! I hope I don't click that deactivate button by mistak, I almost did when I first saw it, thought ot was some bug, not knowing Seun actually implemented the suggestion. Kudos to the Nairaland team.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Lilimax(f): 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
Someone created a thread and asked this question: Who Is 'nobody' On This Forum? And How Can One Become A Nairaland 'nobody'? We were directed to this thread.

Oga Seun,

Kindly respond to this cos I don't fancy it at all personally.
We should be able to know who said what to allow the flow of communication.

Or is it the in- thing? undecided
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Seun(m): 2:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
@Lilimax: I understand your frustration, but pls read this thread from the beginning to find out why we implemented the feature.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Lilimax(f): 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
Seun: @Lilimax: I understand your frustration, but pls read this thread from the beginning to find out why we implemented the feature.

lol @ my frustration.

Have gone through the thread from the beginning but the only thing you talked about was deactivation button which was implemented.

Is it the same thing with the issue of 'By Nobody' in a thread?.
May be I'm not getting it right undecided.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by VirginFinder: 3:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
Lilimax:

lol @ my frustration.

Have gone through the thread from the beginning but the only thing you talked about was deactivation button which was implemented.

Yes it is.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Lilimax(f): 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
Virgin Finder:

Yes it is.
Thank you.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Seun(m): 3:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
Lilimax:

lol @ my frustration.

Yep.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Lilimax(f): 3:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
Seun: Yep.
Thank you.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Jbluv55(m): 3:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
Seun: @Lilimax: I understand your frustration, but pls read this thread from the beginning to find out why we implemented the feature.
This thread as the name suggests, is "A Response to the Open Letter to Seun Osewa" which I believe has addressed the clamour for de-activation. De-activation feature has bin implemented and there are a number of pros and cons.
But I aint seen any thread for/addressing "complaints, suggestions & observations....etc" abt the aftermath of the de-activation thang.
Also, what I seem to hav noticed is that any thread opened by any member with reference to this de-activation and any ish concerning it is abruptly closed. Is there a perceived threat or is there any rule(s) against starting such threads?

And in Lilimax's voice grin :
Kindly respond to this

*my own voice may sound too......wink*
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Seun(m): 3:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
We just want people to know the full story so that there will be no confusion about the matter.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
Seun plz also Remember what i earlier complained about.
I said that each time i click on the most recent topic on frontpage, mean the topic at the top of the page, it takes me straight to the Auto Section. I have to go back again to reclick 4 me to arrive at the topic in question.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2013
Seun: We just want people to know the full story so that there will be no confusion about the matter.
seun, how do i unfollow someone whose acc has been deactivated. there's no provision for such

1 Like

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 11, 2013
Seun: Yep.

Seun mi, abeg where the deactivation button dey? Abi dem no de see am for mobile??

Not like I'm going anywhere oº°˚!! These babes will snatch you from me if I leave!! angry angry angry *side glance @ some babes*
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Jbluv55(m): 5:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
tchidi:

Seun mi, abeg where the deactivation button dey? Abi dem no de see am for mobile??

Not like I'm going anywhere oº°˚!! These babes will snatch you from me if I leave!! angry angry angry *side glance @ some babes*
This thread (thoh closed) shud assist you in locating it:
www.nairaland.com/1463021/nairaland-sets-free-want-go
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Jbluv55(m): 5:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
centje: seun, how do i unfollow someone whose acc has been deactivated. there's no provision for such
That seems to happen automatically(a number of members I was following do not show up in my list any longer after they de-activated) unless you r talking abt topics/threads created by such a person(which you can just open one after the other and 'Un-Follow').
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by psky: 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
Jbluv55:
That seems to happen automatically(a number of members I was following do not show up in my list any longer after they de-activated) unless you r talking abt topics/threads created by such a person(which you can just open one after the other and 'Un-Follow').

Are you sure? Cause I still see the names of those deactivated in other people's list.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Jbluv55(m): 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2013
Seun: We just want people to know the full story so that there will be no confusion about the matter.
Not sure if this is a response to my questions or to someone else's (it doesn't seem to answer mine).

*Ogbón Ológbón ni a fi ñ se Ogbón o*

Jbluv55:
This thread as the name suggests, is "A Response to the Open Letter to Seun Osewa" which I believe has addressed the clamour for de-activation. De-activation feature has bin implemented and there are a number of pros and cons.
1 But I aint seen any thread for/addressing "complaints, suggestions & observations....etc" abt the aftermath of the de-activation thang.
2 Also, what I seem to hav noticed is that any thread opened by any member with reference to this de-activation and any ish concerning it is abruptly closed. Is there a perceived threat or is there any rule(s) against starting such threads?

And in Lilimax's voice grin :

*my own voice may sound too......wink*
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Jbluv55(m): 6:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
psky:

Are you sure? Cause I still see the names of those deactivated in other people's list.

Am 100% sure and I cud demonstrate that to you but am confused lately abt which instructions (mainly unstated) that I might be breaking if I do. wink
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
Jbluv55:
you are right in a way...but i think there're some errors.
For instance, my friend jackbauer, did deactivate his acc, however u can still see his acc among my followers
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by gluv01(f): 9:40pm On Oct 11, 2013
This faceless forum no go kill Seun grin
I just read all the comments and even after the latest implementation some member be like oliver twist..'seun give us more' cheesy
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
1. can we have an API for the frontpage stories
You can have your own widgets just like facebook or return raw json data.

2. Lagbaja want to send you an email but since you are not connected... does not work.
even when i actually want to read PMs, i am just too lazy to reply an automated mail, do i say? "ehen! wetin u wan follow me talk?"
why not implement the twitter style, members need to request follow back publicly. afterward are able to PM, and why PM to email?

3. Are we meant to re-read this 21 rules everytime we post? why not implement a "I accept your rules" link under it to remove the boring epistle.

thanks

5 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Seun(m): 11:59am On Oct 12, 2013
Bossforeva: Seun plz also Remember what i earlier complained about.
I said that each time i click on the most recent topic on frontpage, mean the topic at the top of the page, it takes me straight to the Auto Section. I have to go back again to reclick 4 me to arrive at the topic in question.
sorry. I asked for your ISP/network, mobile device, and browser.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by lifestyle1(m): 12:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
Seun: sorry. I asked for your ISP/network, mobile device, and browser.

Hello mr seun, what do you do to address spammers here ?

I want to assist you in getting rid of them.... angry
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2013
Seun: sorry. I asked for your ISP/network, mobile device, and browser.
seun, I cant login to nairaland with my phone, I browsed nl with my phones in-built browser...worked for sometime and stopped. I download another browser which has also stopped. NB: I can still browse other websites with these browsers. any help?
Pls seun, help me out here...i like browsing with my phone cause its handy...
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by pasqal09: 9:33am On Oct 14, 2013
If an account is deactivated, what happens the email used in opening the account, can it be used again?
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Jbluv55(m): 10:46am On Oct 14, 2013
pasqal09: If an account is deactivated, what happens the email used in opening the account, can it be used again?
YES
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Jbluv55(m): 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
ORIGINAL QUESTION:

centje: seun, how do i unfollow someone whose acc has been deactivated. there's no provision for such

I had answered, based on INCOMPLETE observation, as thus:

Jbluv55:

Another user had counter-questioned based on observation:

psky:
Are you sure? 2Cause I still see the names of those deactivated in other people's list.

I had replied still as thus:

Jbluv55:
1Am 100% sure and I cud demonstrate that to you but am confused lately abt which instructions (mainly unstated) that I might be breaking if I do. wink

The original questioner then stated:

centje: 3you are right in a way...4but i think there're some errors.
For instance, my friend jackbauer, did deactivate his acc, however u can still see his acc among my followers

ANALYSIS
With statement 1 I was wrong. I am a very objective user and after properly checking the comments 2 and 4 I went back to observe properly and I had to conclude that centje was right with statement 3.
Users that deactivated their accounts are removed from one's list automatically but there seems to be a catch to it as not all deactivated users are removed.
I am guessing its due to one/both of two reasons:

1) such users are the first set of users that deactivated before the 'automatic-removal' feature was incorporated

OR

2) such users are the ones you followed but they didn't follow back i.e they are amongst those you r 'following' but not amongst ur 'followers'(which means when you open Followers where you can have the option to Un-follow you don't find them in there).

Either way, centje was right and some deactivated users have remained in the system even after de-activation and thus i'll have to throw back the ORIGINAL QUESTION.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by pasqal09: 12:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
Any development on the change of username?
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Seun(m): 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2013
Initially, we did not remove followers from people who deactivated their accounts, but later we started doing that. The issue has just been fixed!
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Jbluv55(m): 1:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
Seun: Initially, we did not remove followers from people who deactivated their accounts, but later we started doing that, so you are both right/wrong.
So how does someone get to knock off those deactivated users that remained from one's list ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Take This Personality Test / Communication Mast Falls In Jalingo, Kills 7 People After Heavy Storm (Photo) / Fisherman Catches Crab With Osama Bin Laden's Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.