Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? (2009 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? / Phillipa's (4-6 Aug) Visions Of Readiness Of Heaven For Rapture Of The Saints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 05, 2013
Virick:

So what happens to the rest of the starry cosmos when this one planet comes to end? Do the come to an end as well?

Well, first of all, It's important that you appreciate the fact that God created everything we see and can not see, living ang non living things, be it the stars, the moon, planets, the billions of galaxies, all that there is was created by God. Man too you know.

The bible says that when the world as we know it comes to an end, there would be a new heaven and a new earth, everything as we know it woulld be transfoRmed into a more glorious existence. Even our bodies would be changed.

I trust that beauty as we know it now of whatever there is, is just a shadow of the beauty that woud be then.
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Virick(m): 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2013
wordsbase:

Well, first of all, It's important that you appreciate the fact that God created everything we see and can not see, living ang non living things, be it the stars, the moon, planets, the billions of galaxies, all that there is was created by God. Man too you know.

The bible says that when the world as we know it comes to an end, there would be a new heaven and a new earth, everything as we know it woulld be transfoRmed into a more glorious existence. Even our bodies would be changed.

I trust that beauty as we know it now of whatever there is, is just a shadow of the beauty that woud be then.

So creation is centred around this planet? As in, once this planet ends for the purposes u mentioned, then all the starry skies too will.
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
Virick:

So creation is centred around this planet? As in, once this planet ends for the purposes u mentioned, then all the starry skies too will.

Creation isn't centered around this planet. Like I said, from earth and everything in it, to space and everything in it as we know it, and those yet to be discovered were created by God. And when the world comes to an end, everything as we know it, both here on earth and even in space, things discovered and yet to be discovered, would end also.

We are here and perhaps that's why it seems like creation is centered around this planet.

I suggest you read Revelations 6. That may help you see really the events that would take place.
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Virick(m): 8:37pm On Oct 05, 2013
wordsbase:

Creation isn't centered around this planet. Like I said, from earth and everything in it, to space and everything in it as we know it, and those yet to be discovered were created by God. And when the world comes to an end, everything as we know it, both here on earth and even in space, things discovered and yet to be discovered, would end also.

We are here and perhaps that's why it seems like creation is centered around this planet.

I suggest you read Revelations 6. That may help you see really the events that would take place.

Brethren,

Let us analyze ur thoughts here for u are not the only one who thinks like so. Within ur post, u essentially have two different answers. Both contradict each other. One answer embodies God-endowed capacity to reason things through whether such reasoning be right or wrong. The other embodies ur need to remain faithful to thinking that is NOT YOURS, but someone else' - it is borne out of fear.

U say in one breath that the earth is not the centre of the universe. To say otherwise would have been funny, because much evidence exists in that regard. U and I know that the earth is not flat and that the sun does not revolve around the this planet either. Now that is reasoning, in a sense.
Yet here u are telling me that when this world comes to 'an end', the rest of the far flung cosmos does so too because u believe God created earth and put the stars in the sky merely for ur viewing pleasure, which is an irony because people do look at the stars anyways, if u did, u would have seen ur elder brothers and sisters (yes, God's other children) shooting across ur skies.
Anyways, I might as well compare earth to Japan and the rest of the cosmos to every other country on this earth, and then tell u that if Japan should sink in a cataclysmic event or on 'judgement day', that the all other countries will do likewise. U would be most appalled if i told u proof of that is in the Japanese constitution which all Japanese believe is the word! Do u see where i am going?

I will agree with u that God, the father-mother is the creator of the Cosmos. U would however be indulging in nothing more but free-willed cognitive dissonance to tell urself that when this little planet which can be compared to ONE grain of sand on the beaches of the whole world should end, that the rest of beaches will go down with it. Is that reasonable wordsbase? Is that really God's way of thinking or is that man's? Oh come now!
May i ask for how much longer you humans of this planet plan to indulge in thinking that defies logic?

Even if i give my own answers, it would be naught but my opinion born of my own thinking with God that dwells within me and gives my being a fulcrum to manifest myself. However the majority of you humans are not truly thinking. U are being thought for. U enjoy it. And that is why u are easily manipulated. U call it faith, i call it tragic.

It is part of my personal mission to awaken thinking capacity in all i encounter. I think i am done bothering to tell my version of truth. I would however like to see more independent thinking. I would like u to lay the books aside for a moment or two, withdraw into a state of silence and Ponder ur thoughts most carefully. Even ur bible says "Be still and know".

Now my dear friend wordbase, i ask again. If this world should come to an end, will the far flung cosmos come to an end too? I would further ask, WHY? No books, no quotations please. Think freely! Think!, i beg of you. smiley for within such thoughts lay the seeds of ur liberation for this myopic matrix u call reality or faith.

Take care,

Virick Ponders.
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Virick(m): 8:51pm On Oct 05, 2013
In the meantime, any more takers on what one does in heaven of ur imaginings for all eternity? There is no real answer i am hiding per se, only right thinking. Please, Keep thinking.
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
Virick:

Brethren,

Let us analyze ur thoughts here for u are not the only one who thinks like so. Within ur post, u essentially have two different answers. Both contradict each other. One answer embodies God-endowed capacity to reason things through whether such reasoning be right or wrong. The other embodies ur need to remain faithful to thinking that is NOT YOURS, but someone else' - it is borne out of fear.

U say in one breath that the earth is not the centre of the universe. To say otherwise would have been funny, because much evidence exists in that regard. U and I know that the earth is not flat and that the sun does not revolve around the this planet either. Now that is reasoning, in a sense.
Yet here u are telling me that when this world comes to 'an end', the rest of the far flung cosmos does so too because u believe God created earth and put the stars in the sky merely for ur viewing pleasure, which is an irony because people do look at the stars anyways, if u did, u would have seen ur elder brothers and sisters (yes, God's other children) shooting across ur skies.
Anyways, I might as well compare earth to Japan and the rest of the cosmos to every other country on this earth, and then tell u that if Japan should sink in a cataclysmic event or on 'judgement day', that the all other countries will do likewise. U would be most appalled if i told u proof of that is in the Japanese constitution which all Japanese believe is the word! Do u see where i am going?

I will agree with u that God, the father-mother is the creator of the Cosmos. U would however be indulging in nothing more but free-willed cognitive dissonance to tell urself that when this little planet which can be compared to ONE grain of sand on the beaches of the whole world should end, that the rest of beaches will go down with it. Is that reasonable wordsbase? Is that really God's way of thinking or is that man's? Oh come now!
May i ask for how much longer you humans of this planet plan to indulge in thinking that defies logic?

Even if i give my own answers, it would be naught but my opinion born of my own thinking with God that dwells within me and gives my being a fulcrum to manifest myself. However the majority of you humans are not truly thinking. U are being thought for. U enjoy it. And that is why u are easily manipulated. U call it faith, i call it tragic.

It is part of my personal mission to awaken thinking capacity in all i encounter. I think i am done bothering to tell my version of truth. I would however like to see more independent thinking. I would like u to lay the books aside for a moment or two, withdraw into a state of silence and Ponder ur thoughts most carefully. Even ur bible says "Be still and know".

Now my dear friend wordbase, i ask again. If this world should come to an end, will the far flung cosmos come to an end too? I would further ask, WHY? No books, no quotations please. Think freely! Think!, i beg of you. smiley for within such thoughts lay the seeds of ur liberation for this myopic matrix u call reality or faith.

Take care,

Virick Ponders.

Well, M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ dear Virick, I'm sure you'll agree with me that it woulld be equallly absurd if I think and talk like I was existing in some unidentified, perhaps even yet discovered planet some where in the skies. So pardon me, I am limited by the environment I know. I say again, God created everything there is, known and unknown. And the worlld as we know it would come to an end. I hope your reasoning gives you clear understanding of what I've said for the umpteenth time.

But let me observe that you clearly show your desire to know. It's also clear that your "reasoning" has failed to give you the answers you seek. And if by any means I have failed to see them, please do well to state them here also.

Perhaps, we'll start with the beginning. I believe that God, the father, created the heavens and the earth, the world, and everything we know to exist, the order of time, seasons, space and all there is, and and the waters, and everything in, and on them. And he created all of it for his pleasure.

Please state without mincing words what your "reasoning" has helped you discover about the beginning of things, if at all you believe there was a beginning.
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 05, 2013
And I hope your response wouldn't be from what you read from the science books. I'm really lOoking forward to reading something original, untainted.

We are waiting, dear Virick. Thanks
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by deebrain(m): 12:23am On Oct 06, 2013
desire to get there first. Many do not know that God's presence is more exciting than the lustful thought of sleeping with pretty women. Dont ever think angels dont have taste for "good" things. Dont think satan does not wish he could turn the hands of time. There is something that no religion has been able to know about what really is in this "God's presence". Healing, praise, joy etc are mere benefits from experiencing the presence as a flesh. Moses stayed for forty days without food with Him (only seeing His back)and he came back with a more glorious face than people that had their meals and had sex regularly for those days. Think!
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by MrTroll(m): 12:57am On Oct 06, 2013
Funny funny people. They're here everyday shouting how the world will end, not knowing or consciously ignoring the fact that we are but a tiny speck of sand in this cosmos. So you omni omni god will destroy jupiter and pluto too because. . . Is he that wasteful? So he'll destroy everything in the entire universe and create 'new heavens and new earth' because of the sins of the earthlings which constitute less than 0.00000000001% of the entire universe! How wise!!!

See what religion has done to the human mind. Smhsad
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 06, 2013
DeAr Troll,

That you choose not to believe it does not mean it won't happen. You had better began to prepare yourself.

That aside, it's one thing to oppose a fact, it's another thing to posit one. Perhaps you could share with us what you have a procivity to believe. I really I'm open to knowing what you think. Do you think this world would last for ever? If yes, that will be saying it had no beginning (I think it's safest if you reason that way). If this world had a beginning, how do you think it all started? Things like that.

Looking forward to reading from you.
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Virick(m): 7:17am On Oct 06, 2013
wordsbase:

Well, M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ dear Virick, I'm sure you'll agree with me that it woulld be equallly absurd if I think and talk like I was existing in some unidentified, perhaps even yet discovered planet some where in the skies. So pardon me, I am limited by the environment I know. I say again, God created everything there is, known and unknown. And the worlld as we know it would come to an end. I hope your reasoning gives you clear understanding of what I've said for the umpteenth time.

But let me observe that you clearly show your desire to know. It's also clear that your "reasoning" has failed to give you the answers you seek. And if by any means I have failed to see them, please do well to state them here also.

Perhaps, we'll start with the beginning. I believe that God, the father, created the heavens and the earth, the world, and everything we know to exist, the order of time, seasons, space and all there is, and and the waters, and everything in, and on them. And he created all of it for his pleasure.

Please state without mincing words what your "reasoning" has helped you discover about the beginning of things, if at all you believe there was a beginning.

I make note of the fact that u have not answered my question in writing. Perhaps i will quote Mr. Troll if i failed to be explicit enough as his comment is quite point-blank.

They're here everyday shouting how the world will end, not knowing or consciously ignoring the fact that we are but a tiny speck of sand in this cosmos. So you omni omni god will destroy jupiter and pluto too because. . . Is he that wasteful? So he'll destroy everything in the entire universe and create 'new heavens and new earth' because of the sins of the earthlings which constitute less than 0.00000000001% of the entire universe! How wise!!!

Basically, u like most of this are avoiding the type of thinking which will clash with ur faith. As usual, faith and faithfuls are the most difficult to unteach because faith cannot be reasoned with, hence the term faith. So be it.
Ur comments point in the direction of the real absurdity which states that the whole starry cosmos will end because this planet centres that cosmos essentially. What is so special about this planet that ties its existence to the well being of the peaceful and organised cosmos? U folks on this planet barely know anything of truth about the creator. U are all children of the Lie and u live a lie which is enforced by faulty reasoning born out of fear fed to u by ur controllers to whom u have willingly relinquished ur God-hood and sovereignty. U have not been told the truth about ur place in the universe since u were born. U have been indoctrinated in the fine art of walking life with ur eyes and ears wide-shut and u pass on such false-hood to ur children who evolve and perpetuate the absurdities even futher.

The purpose of my seemingly cheeky question is to get u to reason for urself without being spoon-fed with my opinion on the matter, which i am entitled to. Now tell me, how do you think u did? Would u like to rate urself out of 10? This equally applies to all reading this.

I do however acknowledge most thankfully ur comment
I am limited by the environment I know.
You are so right. And to that i always say that "a problem realised is one half solved".
U know the problem, the solution should be obvious if u are sincerely interested in rectifying thinking anomaly prevalent on this planet. God has endowed all its thinking-capable children with the gift of free will - The choice is urs as to where to go from here.

Is God a "HE"? Food for thought.
No, It did not create them for "his" pleasure. That is what ur faith teaches and that is why ur faith books are littered with stories of a destructive, vengeful god. A god who pleasures in breaking its own presumed laws with impunity. A god which pleasures itself with the misery of its children and sets them against each other saying; go and kill, go and steal, go and plunder. Most hilarious. That is an invented god, one crafted in the image of evolving jungle man.

God created all things for the purpose of manifesting itself. At the core of each thing is God. We are all thus one. It does not get simpler than that.

I agree with most of ur comment above, i simply desire that u think it further as i cannot do that for you.
The essence of what i am saying is this:

The universe is 'massive'. If u were to stand outside of it, the earth is not visible. The universe may be compared with ur body, to which the size of earth is that of a red blood cell, for instance. If that particular red blood cell where to 'die'. The body will not be affected. Each blood cell has a part to play in keeping ur body running smoothly. Ur body, is God's body. The cosmos by extension of the analogy, is God's Body. The implication of this is that there is no room in the scheme of creation for the things which ur faiths tell u. The very same faiths that fought against those who gifted ur planet with common sense of reasoning. How many years ago did ur bible wielding leaders persecute a visionary who told them that the sun did not revolve around the earth?
Could it be that there is more good sense that u are all still fighting against even today, 2013? Please Ponder that.

It is thus a thing of sheer arrogance, if not blatant willful ignorance to say that while truly, God created the cosmos, "He" tied the faith of that cosmos to one planet filled with people who have not the foggiest idea of their tiny place in a dynamic, vibrant, bustling universe of many civilsations of God-loving, and God knowing beings.

There is thus no room for ur mythologies about a heaven and by a extension, a hell of ur religious mal-teachings. That type of thinking persists because u folks of this planet believe that ur planet is the only one with Thinking beings. Not! This planet and its resident humans is an evolving one and you are still growing. Be humble enough to at least acknowledge that and do NOT be so smug in ur fallacies ala myopia.

I asked the question about eternity in "heaven" because i wanted to u all to see for urselves how much thinking is not happening. If there is a heaven and hell of ur religious mal-teachings, then where do other God's children of other planets go to when the "die". Ponder that.

So folks, let me take the question further:

What is heaven?

Where is Heaven?

In my opinion, it exists smiley But it is not as boring and insipid as taught by religions. U only get to go there after many, many millions of years of being perfected through many, many lifetimes such as this one. You do not get to go there after one crummy life-time however. Further more, when u achieve heaven, u are sent back out into creation to assist ur younger evolving brethren. No Hallelujahs, hosannas and eternal blissful laziness. U get to work. U might also want to consider that 'heaven' is not in the clouds but on a planet as well.
Ah! But that is my opinion which comes from no book. What is urs? Start thinking and let ur thoughts go wild!!!.............................

Thank you folks, Wordbase,

Virick Ponders.
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by MrTroll(m): 8:30am On Oct 06, 2013
wordsbase: DeAr Troll,

That you choose not to believe it does not mean it won't happen. You had better began to prepare yourself.
That you choose to believe it doesn't mean it will happen

That aside, it's one thing to oppose a fact, it's another thing to posit one.
FACTS can't be opposed, only uninformed opinions. Where is this your fact of heaven?

Perhaps you could share with us what you have a procivity to believe. I really I'm open to knowing what you think. Do you think this world would last for ever? If yes, that will be saying it had no beginning (I think it's safest if you reason that way). If this world had a beginning, how do you think it all started? Things like that.
my best will be, this world and our solar system will end when our star, the sun begins to die. This is informed by scientific opinions gotten from the observation of other sun systems and star demise and our own star still has a few billion years left in it. . .maybe we'll annihilate ourselves in a nuclear war before then. But note, the whole universe will not end because you believe that one omni omni god will come down from the sky and destroy it.

Looking forward to reading from you.
tongue
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by MrTroll(m): 8:32am On Oct 06, 2013
@virick, i like as you state that it is just your opinions. .
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Virick(m): 9:49am On Oct 06, 2013
Mr Troll: @virick, i like as you state that it is just your opinions. .

Oh but its is, IT IS!!! It matters not per se what I think is true. What matters is that I am thinking for myself. I know that one apple and another apple is 2 apples because I have had the pleasure of counting. It is my opinion that there are two apples because I have experienced the counting of it. However, the same cannot be said for the majority of earth's citizens. The leaders are professing in essence that one apple and another apple is eleven apples and the sheep that we are believe it and repeat it adinfinitum as truth while failing to realise that they have no opinions of their own. They refuse to count the proverbial apples themselves, or in this context THINK FOR THEMSELVES because someone told them they will go to heaven, if they just...... Believe. Quite frankly, I would be laughing most profusely if that wasn't so tragic.
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
smiley Well, brother Virick and Mr Troll, I must say, you both have given quite very impressive responses. Your faculties seem to be at their bests now. I really am quite impressed. I'm also glad that you both agree that these are "your thoughts". M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ thoughts?
You question faith, but yet have faith- faith in yourself. You hope that there is no God, so you blindly ignore or oppose any "reasoning" that contradicts yours.
You ignore the millions of prayers answered, and point to the microscopic number of prayers that aren't answered instantly.
In essence, with your small, limited perceptive ability you drag the entire universe down to the level of your reasoning: if you cannot reason it out then it doesn't exist!
The fact that we don't think Nepa will ever give stable 24/7 power...does not mean uninterrupted power supply doesn't exist.
But a Nigerian born and brought up here who has never watched tv or read books, He will argue to death that it does not exist.
God made the visible and invisible things to convince us of his existence (Romans 1).
But you choose to believe the devil's lie...so that you indulge in whatever evil cravings or propensity your flesh and limited mind suggests, without being answerable to a higher authority than yourself.

Your faith is hinged on the non-existence of God, so you can do whatever you like. In this state, all manner of "truths" start emerging. "God is in all, God is at the core of everything, we are God. So if we are gods, we can do what we like. As long as we don't judge ourselves we're fine."

I wouldn't want to delve into all the really tempting issues you both raised. But as you think about all of those, try to be fair to reasoning, and think about the possibiity of you being blind to the truth.
M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ final words to you?

Life and living, faith and reasoning, would only make sense to you when you choose to believe in Jesus Christ. Think about it! Perhaps he could just be the answer you seek after all.
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Virick(m): 4:55am On Oct 07, 2013
Thank you Wordsbase.
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by MrTroll(m): 10:29am On Oct 07, 2013
He doesn't just get it. We give up!!!angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage / Is Man Merely A Freakish Odd Ape? / Pope Francis To Be Arrested For Child Trafficking & Homicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.