Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike (1489 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike / Latest News On ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike by phemmyjohnson: 1:13am On Sep 30, 2013
This is the full compiled statements of GEJ on ASUU strike::: He accused the Academic Staff
Union of Universities, ASUU, of
being unnecessarily stubborn on
their demands. PRESIDENT JONATHAN SPEAKS::: >>>”That is why we
released the sum of N100 billion
to uplift the infrastructures of the
universities across the country.
We cannot solve all the problems
overnight. ASUU strike is very
unfortunate. Throughout this
period, government decided to
take inventory in our schools. Our
technical team set up visited all
the schools and present video
and pictures to the Federal
Executive Council and I directed
the Vice President to ensure that
the same report was presented
to the National Economic Council
meeting which has governors as
members.
“ After seeing those
documentations, we said this
must change, for us to take that
inventory it means we are
committed to improve the
university infrastructure, so for
ASUU to go on strike on this is
unfair. They didn’t prompt us to
take this inventory we did it
voluntarily. No government
wants to expose itself, so for me
to do this, it shows we are
committed. I didn’t expect the
strike to last this long; that it has
lasted this long, is unfortunate.
“I call on ASUU that for the sake
of our children to return to class.
Their earned allowances is
supposed to be paid from
internally generated revenue. We
are only assisting them, it is not
mandatory. Until Nigerian
universities is autonomous and
yet we don’t have a say on how it
is run. Autonomy without
responsibility will lead to
anarchy. Even if we have all the
money in the world we can’t
solve the problem now and we
have released N100 billion
outside the line budget, they
should return to class.
“ASUU members are humans
they should look at the students.
This is one government that has
been sincere but this cannot be
done over night. We took
inventory and is the first time we
got the document to establish
the level of decay in our system.
So ASUU can’t insist we close
down government to solve
ASUU’s problem. We should all
plead with ASUU to return to
class. The state own universities
are owned by states so why
should state universities go on
strike when federal government
is not doing well? Then we must
begin to look at labour laws
because of these excesses”,
Jonathan declared.
STUDENTS!! GOD HELP US... Views?? [b][/b][color=#000099][/color]
Re: ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike by Sirkris(m): 7:52am On Sep 30, 2013
from what the president said, he won't add a dim to what has already been released to ASUU. even if they stay at home for only God knows when.
Re: ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike by Ayima: 8:08am On Sep 30, 2013
No one can fight the government.
Re: ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike by ennon92(m): 9:44am On Sep 30, 2013
Sirkris: from what the president said, he won't add a dim to what has already been released to ASUU. even if they stay at home for only God knows when.
I've vowed not to comment on any ASUU's issues again but with wut u've said, it seems am gonna shift ground on this. I think u re right when u said 'he won't add a dime'. For crying out loud, ASUU is not d only professional body in Nigeria, so y re they doing this to we students by embarking on a long illegal strike... It seems these ppl re not thinking @ all cos if they do, they'll know it only affects d students and not FG..

Perhaps, their so called earned allowances should be generated via school internal revenue..To be candid student re paying more than enough. I've been saying this b4, state varsities av no rights whatsoever in joining hands with the federal varsities to strike since they re founded and funded by d states. Well, am urging them to call off d strike soon with an immediate effect.
Re: ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 30, 2013
Autonomy without
responsibility will lead to
anarchy

ASUU is some crazy bunch...

you want autonomy yet you dont want the person that funds you to have a say..
Re: ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike by JENMAUCY(f): 10:59am On Sep 30, 2013
ASUU!!!! ASUU!!!! ASUU!!! ASUU!!!!!!! How many times did i cal you people?
Re: ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike by Hearme(m): 11:04am On Sep 30, 2013
ennon92: I've vowed not to comment on any ASUU's issues again but with wut u've said, it seems am gonna shift ground on this. I think u re right when u said 'he won't add a dime'. For crying out loud, ASUU is not d only professional body in Nigeria, so y re they doing this to we students by embarking on a long illegal strike... It seems these ppl re not thinking @ all cos if they do, they'll know it only affects d students and not FG..

Perhaps, their so called earned allowances should be generated via school internal revenue..To be candid student re paying more than enough. I've been saying this b4, state varsities av no rights whatsoever in joining hands with the federal varsities to strike since they re founded and funded by d states. Well, am urging them to call off d strike soon with an immediate effect.

Which universities are you even talking about? The least university in South Africa is better than our best. Don't even mention Egypt or Kenya? Same applies to our hospitals, what has the FG done to improve the hospitals? Why are they all traveling out for check up? Why is the petroleum industry bill pending? Why is Farouk case and other high profile cases pending? Why is there serious attention to the divide in PDP rather than attention to National issues. Why is it easier to do bad things and very difficult to do good things? Why is it easier to grant amnesty to militants and bail out banks, and we cannot bail out education and health? Why is it that Nigeria is the only OPEC country that imports refined Oil. Why can't I have power supply for 72hours stretch and my fixed charge has been increased by 200% in 3 years (250- 750)?

Why do we have several individuals who are billionaires without companies or who don't have a minimum of 100 people on their payroll? Which kind of business are they doing, that does not create jobs, yet they are billionaires? Finally, why can the EFCC prosecute again as of the old days and why has the judiciary joined alliance with corruption? One day someone will answer this questions, or a people will fight for their freedom, or a total revolution will occur. Please remember that a goat has teeth, so continue pushing it, one day it will bite you and you will wonder if it was a dog.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike by Ayima: 11:24am On Sep 30, 2013
Hearme:

Which universities are you even talking about? The least university in South Africa is better than our best. Don't even mention Egypt or Kenya? Same applies to our hospitals, what has the FG done to improve the hospitals? Why are they all traveling out for check up? Why is the petroleum industry bill pending? Why is Farouk case and other high profile cases pending? Why is there serious attention to the divide in PDP rather than attention to National issues. Why is it easier to do bad things and very difficult to do good things? Why is it easier to grant amnesty to militants and bail out banks, and we cannot bail out education and health? Why is it that Nigeria is the only OPEC country that imports refined Oil. Why can't I have power supply for 72hours stretch and my fixed charge has been increased by 200% in 3 years (250- 750)?

Why do we have several individuals who are billionaires without companies or who don't have a minimum of 100 people on their payroll? Which kind of business are they doing, that does not create jobs, yet they are billionaires? Finally, why can the EFCC prosecute again as of the old days and why has the judiciary joined alliance with corruption? One day someone will answer this questions, or a people will fight for their freedom, or a total revolution will occur. Please remember that a goat has teeth, so continue pushing it, one day it will bite you and you will wonder if it was a dog.
you are very free to port to another country

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike by tfk08: 11:51am On Sep 30, 2013
Ayima: you are very free to port to another country
Now i know u n an ordinary animal

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike by tfk08: 11:54am On Sep 30, 2013
Pls, if someone is making a point and u don't av anying gud to say, close ur mouth and passby
Re: ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike by ennon92(m): 1:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
Hearme:

To start with, am predominantly talking of state varsities cos we all knows dat they charges exorbitant fees than dat of their fed counterpart..can u pls enlighten me of what use is acceptance,medical,huge tuition fees etc used for by d state varsities?

Am not disputing d fact dat our leaders re bunch of corrupt entities, but will u tell me you've neither given nor taken bribe b4? U c most of us(citizens) re partaker of these corrupt practices.. Moreso,u lamented dat they travels abroad 4 treatment,yes I agreed but inspite of this, NMA rarely embark on such prolong strike unlike ASUU..They (ASUU) involves in different act be it extortion,molestation,selling outrageous shoddy handouts or what aview. Am quite sure there re fewer chances of those attrocities carried out by our lecturers I mentioned above happening in those countries u mentioned...

Finally, am using this medium to urge ASUU TASUED chapter to join those state unis dat av opted out of this prolonged strike cos d earlier, d better.
Re: ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike by Sirkris(m): 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
Hearme:

why don't you port into the countries you mentioned? can you lead a revolution that took place in Egypt? even after that, has their been breath of fresh air? no body can achieve anything with confrontation. agreement whether signed or not are always renegotiated if need be. when subsidy protest started, youths lost their life and after that government decision stood its ground.
Re: ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike by Sirkris(m): 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2013
Hearme:

why don't you port into the countries you mentioned? can you lead a revolution that took place in Egypt? even after that, has their been breath of fresh air? no body can achieve anything with confrontation. agreement whether signed or not are always renegotiated if need be. when subsidy protest started, youths lost their life and after that government decision stood its ground.
Re: ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike by Miracy(f): 2:40pm On Sep 30, 2013
ennon92: To start with, am predominantly talking of state varsities cos we all knows dat they charges exorbitant fees than dat of their fed counterpart..can u pls enlighten me of what use is acceptance,medical,huge tuition fees etc used for by d state varsities?

Am not disputing d fact dat our leaders re bunch of corrupt entities, but will u tell me you've neither given nor taken bribe b4? U c most of us(citizens) re partaker of these corrupt practices.. Moreso,u lamented dat they travels abroad 4 treatment,yes I agreed but inspite of this, NMA rarely embark on such prolong strike unlike ASUU..They (ASUU) involves in different act be it extortion,molestation,selling outrageous shoddy handouts or what aview. Am quite sure there re fewer chances of those attrocities carried out by our lecturers I mentioned above happening in those countries u mentioned...

Finally, am using this medium to urge ASUU TASUED chapter to join those state unis dat av opted out of this prolonged strike cos d earlier, d better.
yea u’re very correct,corruptn is d main problem we’re facin in Nigeria;everybody!everyone is corrupt!!...i pray GOD help us fight against it...

pertainin d issue of ASUU strike,acrdin to my view i tink fg should honour all the agreemnt dey made wid ASUU so as to av a say n d support of d majority....dey can now set up a committee to ensure ASUU carries out deir proposed plan...
Re: ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike by Ayima: 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
tfk08:
Now i know u n an ordinary animal
what is this one even saying? U said u n an ordinary animal.This your english may enlongate ASUU strike.
Re: ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike by phemmyjohnson: 10:03am On Oct 02, 2013
Is NANS even performing its function? All av been hearing is "WE GIVE FG 2 WEEKS TO FIND SOLUTION TO DIZ STRIKE" Every1 jez making threat.
Re: ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike by timwezzb(m): 10:08am On Oct 02, 2013
Now that The government is getting shut down The crime rate will be higher,,more kids will be sick nd hungry,,nd more bitches will receive prostitution cases....... #‎SadButTru
Re: ASUU Strike: Compiled Statements Of President Goodluck On ASUU Strike by phemmyjohnson: 10:52am On Oct 02, 2013
Yez o! Proverty cases will rise, abortion cases will increase and even fraud iz nt gonna be left out...IS FG STILL THE PROBLEM NOW or IS ASUU STILL GREEDY....

(1) (Reply)

Auditing Standards In Nigeria. Please Help!! / UNN Host Community Protest Over Dissatisfaction With The School Administration / 3 Female Students Drowned A Day After Their Matric At AIFPU.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.