Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,817 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. (3086 Views)

Ashamed Of Your Traditional Name Based On Religious Beliefs / Why People Believe Or Hold Unto Religious Beliefs. / The Social Effects Of Religious Beliefs In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by InesQor(m): 3:54am On Sep 30, 2013
This is for all those in the religious section who are not sure how to handle THEIR opinions on OTHER PEOPLE's religious (or irreligious) beliefs.

They are the ones making this section most direly uninhabitable for others.

You're welcome.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 6:40am On Sep 30, 2013
They can start by noting atheists are flesh and blood just like them.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia: They can start by noting atheists are flesh and blood just like them.

Na, as far as most are concerned, we are all Satanists and enemies of God. Very few will even get the apt illustration put up by Inesqor.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 6:58am On Sep 30, 2013
aManFromMars:

Na, as far as most are concerned, we are all Satanists and enemies of God. Very few will even get the apt illustration put up by Inesqor.

Not all are like that. I recall you being a Christian, did you thibk atheists were Satanists then.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Not all are like that. I recall you being a Christian, did you thibk atheists were Satanists then.

Not really, though the first time I met an atheist was a chilling experience.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 7:07am On Sep 30, 2013
aManFromMars:

Not really, though the first time I met an atheist was a chilling experience.

I understand. Please elaborate.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I understand. Please elaborate.

It was my first exposure to atheism. It was chilling as up to that point I had never really contemplated the existence of a creator/God. I was actively involved in Christianity due to an 'experience' I had had earlier, so everything I did then was based around the Christian concept of a God. Breaking your foundation and rebuilding is never really easy. Some are too scared to do that, others aren't really bothered as long as the building gives them comfort.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 8:13am On Sep 30, 2013
aManFromMars:

It was my first exposure to atheism. It was chilling as up to that point I had never really contemplated the existence of a creator/God. I was actively involved in Christianity due to an 'experience' I had had earlier, so everything I did then was based around the Christian concept of a God. Breaking your foundation and rebuilding is never really easy. Some are too scared to do that, others aren't really bothered as long as the building gives them comfort.

Noted, especially the underlined.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by MrTroll(m): 11:15am On Sep 30, 2013
I've never met a non religious person face to face. I left christianity before i discovered NL, though i never really contemplated the non existence of a god, i just didn't subscribe to any religious notion of god. It was NL that exposed my mind to the arguments for even the existence of god. I was suprised initially but being the curious type, i decided to explore that line of thought. . .To cut the long story short, it helped me learn a lot and it helped shaped my thinking.

I'm just here to have funwinkcheesy so any religious person here should not be too pissed, i'm really quiet and soft spoken in real life grin embarassed

shy+handsome+gentle+romanticwink! The perfect ladies man( only HIPpy ladies need apply angry)
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Ishilove: 11:29am On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: I've never met a non religious person face to face. I left christianity before i discovered NL, though i never really contemplated the non existence of a god, i just didn't subscribe to any religious notion of god. It was NL that exposed my mind to the arguments for even the existence of god. I was suprised initially but being the curious type, i decided to explore that line of thought. . .To cut the long story short, it helped me learn a lot and it helped shaped my thinking.

I'm just here to have funwinkcheesy so any religious person here should not be too pissed, i'm really quiet and soft spoken in real life grin embarassed

shy+handsome+gentle+romanticwink! The perfect ladies man( only HIPpy ladies need apply
angry)
Yo, take it to the Dating/Meet-up zone. A lot of bimbos are waiting yonder for a 'rich' atheist like you grin
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Ishilove: 11:32am On Sep 30, 2013
InesQor: This is for all those in the religious section who are not sure how to handle THEIR opinions on OTHER PEOPLE's religious (or irreligious) beliefs.

They are the ones making this section most direly uninhabitable for others.

You're welcome.
Lmao!! Naaaaasty!! cheesy cheesy cheesy embarassed
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Ishilove: 11:34am On Sep 30, 2013
aManFromMars:

I don't see why not because it is very plain. The illustration simply tells every intolerant person to shove their opinions up the assses. grin
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 30, 2013
Ishilove:
I don't see why not because it is very plain. The illustration simply tells every intolerant person to shove their opinions up the assses. grin

I guess your PM is about logicboy or alfa abi na mr troll? tongue

Honestly, I was expecting his post to be hidden by our modlings... No be woman yansh be that? wink cheesy
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by InesQor(m): 11:45am On Sep 30, 2013
Ishilove:

GBAM. That's all.

The discussion board is for an exchange of ideas and to learn / understand more about beliefs and unbeliefs in deities, the supernatural and related topics.

Intolerance just kills it all off and encourages shoddy scholarship, manipulating beliefs just because you're watching your back etc.

This section is dying, and intolerance is the culprit. If anyone doesn't believe me, check out posts from 2009-2011 or thereabouts and compare with what we have now.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Ishilove: 12:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
aManFromMars:

Honestly, I was expecting his post to be hidden by our modlings... No be woman yansh be that? wink cheesy
Alfa and Mr Troll are the same person. That's why whenever I read Alfa's posts proclaining his 'love' for Satan, I always have the deepest impressions that it is all an act.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by MrTroll(m): 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ishilove:
Alfa and Mr Troll are the same person. That's why whenever I read Alfa's posts proclaining his 'love' for Satan, I always have the deepest impressions that it is all an act.
undecided
wahala de o
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by MrTroll(m): 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
aManFromMars:

you never see my mails?
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: you never see my mails?

seen. been get exam today..

Na oga dem go fit check am o... our privileges no reach that syd.. wink
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by MrTroll(m): 1:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
aManFromMars:

seen. been get exam today..

Na oga dem go fit check am o... our privileges no reach that syd.. wink
sadsad

I think say you be hacker?

How d exam? You do expo shey?wink
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Mikhaela: 1:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
Whoop ! I'll just introduce myself seeing as I've got nothing better to do and I haven't be here in AGES !

I do NOT believe in God, I do not care to even try to comprehend or anything. I believe in me, my abilities, my intelligence, my hard work.. etc. I blame myself for my failures and congratulate myself for my success. There is no Satan nor God. That being said, I come from a religious family (baptist) and I'm proud of that. My mom is able to fast for days (she's in her 50s) while I can't go for a couple of hours without thinking of drinking or eating something and I most definitely respect it. I think it's absolutely obligatory to respect everyone's religion. Be it Christianity, Islam, Judaism etc. Respect is what many people lack from what I've seen. In general, it's a my way or the high road kind of mentality. Aaaaand that's quite pathetic. I love to learn especially about different cultures as well as beliefs. I will be lurking in the religious forum a lot as it is my favorite so far. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: sadsad

I think say you be hacker?

How d exam? You do expo shey?wink

Lol.. oh boy free me o.. wink
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by MrTroll(m): 2:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
aManFromMars:

Lol.. oh boy free me o.. wink
angry
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: angry

grin

hw far ur bb? That reminds me.. dat phone stuff.. sorry, give me an hour.. na email things nw abi undecided
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Ishilove: 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mikhaela: Whoop ! I'll just introduce myself seeing as I've got nothing better to do and I haven't be here in AGES !

I do NOT believe in God, I do not care to even try to comprehend or anything. I believe in me, my abilities, my intelligence, my hard work.. etc. I blame myself for my failures and congratulate myself for my success. There is no Satan nor God. That being said, I come from a religious family (baptist) and I'm proud of that. My mom is able to fast for days (she's in her 50s) while I can't go for a couple of hours without thinking of drinking or eating something and I most definitely respect it. I think it's absolutely obligatory to respect everyone's religion. Be it Christianity, Islam, Judaism etc. Respect is what many people lack from what I've seen. In general, it's a my way or the high road kind of mentality. Aaaaand that's quite pathetic. I love to learn especially about different cultures as well as beliefs. I will be lurking in the religious forum a lot as it is my favorite so far. Cheers
Oya clap for yourself.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Mikhaela: 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ishilove:
Oya clap for yourself.

*claps* anything else?

1 Like

Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by MrTroll(m): 2:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
aManFromMars:

grin

hw far ur bb? That reminds me.. dat phone stuff.. sorry, give me an hour.. na email things nw abi undecided
My bb don finally pack up. E mail things, some ideas i wanna pass through you yet.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Ishilove: 2:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mikhaela:

*claps* anything else?
Yes sir. Please refer back to the OP's picture and reflect deeply on it.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Mikhaela: 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ishilove:
Yes sir. Please refer back to the OP's picture and reflect deeply on it.

Done. What's next?
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Ishilove: 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: My bb don finally pack up. E mail things, some ideas i wanna pass through you yet.
Kpalasaaaaaaa!! cheesy
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Ishilove: 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mikhaela:

Done. What's next?
That will do for now
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ishilove:
Kpalasaaaaaaa!! cheesy

grin tears don commot my eye.. the guy just decide to upgrade as Blackberry don decide say dem wan fold up....
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Ishilove: 2:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
aManFromMars:

grin tears don commot my eye.. the guy just decide to upgrade as Blackberry don decide say dem wan fold up....
Stop trying to defend the niccur. Hin five year old BB don finally do by force retirement grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If God Created Everything For Men, What Purpose Do Other Planets serve?. / Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? / Otem's Prophecy Against Suleiman Has Actually Come To Pass With Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.