Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. (3089 Views)

Ashamed Of Your Traditional Name Based On Religious Beliefs / Why People Believe Or Hold Unto Religious Beliefs. / The Social Effects Of Religious Beliefs In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by MrTroll(m): 2:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ishilove:
Kpalasaaaaaaa!! cheesy
angry

aManFromMars:

grin tears don commot my eye.. the guy just decide to upgrade as Blackberry don decide say dem wan fold up....
angry undecided
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Ishilove: 2:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: angry

angry undecided
cool grin
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by MrTroll(m): 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ishilove:
cool grin
stop derailing.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by texanomaly(f): 3:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll:
shy+handsome+gentle+romanticwink! The perfect ladies man( only HIPpy ladies need apply angry)
@Mr Troll
Hahahaha....is this a dating site? wink

@aManFromMars...hmmmm...interesting

@uyi smiley I see you...How are you?

Interesting thread. I did not automatically think atheists were satanists. I met a satanist face to face when I was at BYU. He was a friend. I was shocked to learn this from him. A friend from church became agnostic. I think that is different than atheist. Although I'm not completely sure. There is much I still don't know or understand about any of these beliefs. Maybe someone can explain it to me. Uyi has explained some to me before.

I have met some friendly atheists here on NL. I am Christian, and don't have plans to change that, but I am please to know my atheist friends. grin
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by jayriginal: 3:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
texanomaly:
A friend from church became agnostic. I think that is different than atheist. Although I'm not completely sure.

Its actually not though people try to make it seem so.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Ishilove: 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
texanomaly:
@Mr Troll

Atheists need love too angry tongue
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Ishilove: 3:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: stop derailing.
After you
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by MrTroll(m): 3:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
texanomaly:
@Mr Troll
punny can be found anywhere wink

Interesting thread. I did not automatically think atheists were satanists. I met a satanist face to face when I was at BYU. He was a friend. I was shocked to learn this from him. A friend from church became agnostic. I think that is different than atheist. Although I'm not completely sure. There is much I still don't know or understand about any of these beliefs. Maybe someone can explain it to me. Uyi has explained some to me before.

I have met some friendly atheists here on NL. I am Christian, and don't have plans to change that, but I am please to know my atheist friends. grin
Agnostics believe that one cannot state categorically whether god does or does not exist. As i like to put it, man as of now lack the tools of proving the or disproving the existence of god. Atheists on the other hand state categorically that there's no god. Thats why i'm not atheist, its just the other extreme of belief in god. Neither of which have specific proof. . .
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by MrTroll(m): 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ishilove:
Atheists need love too angry tongue
Huh? Are atheists another specie of humans?
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Ishilove: 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: Huh? Are atheists another specie of humans?
Yelz. Wacha gonna do 'bout it? angry
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by texanomaly(f): 3:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: Atheists on the other hand state categorically that there's no god. Thats why i'm not atheist, its just the other extreme of belief in god. Neither of which have specific proof. . .
Now that...I find interesting. Are you saying there is not enough proof either way, so you are holding out for it, which ever way it falls?
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by MrTroll(m): 4:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
texanomaly:
Now that...I find interesting. Are you saying there is not enough proof either way, so you are holding out for it, which ever way it falls?
Yes to your first question but i'm not holding out for anything. I doubt we can find such evidence in my life time. I don't kid myself about one utopian afterlife anywhere. . .
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by MrTroll(m): 4:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ishilove:
Yelz. Wacha gonna do 'bout it? angry
well. . .seems like you need to reread the OP. Ponder seriously about the visual aid below itwink
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by MrTroll(m): 4:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
@Tex, This quote by Carl Sagan sums it up pretty well. . .
"An atheist is someone who is certain that God does not exist, someone who has compelling evidence against the existence of God. I know of no such compelling evidence. Because God can be relegated to remote times and places and to ultimate causes, we would have to know a great deal more about the universe than we do
now to be sure that no such God exists. To be certain of the existence of God and to be certain of the nonexistence of God seem to me to be the confident extremes in a subject so riddled with doubt and uncertainty as to inspire very little confidence indeed"

@Musky, remember when i told you that atheism is the ultimate bore?

1 Like

Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: @Tex, This quote by Carl Sagan sums it up pretty well. . .
"An atheist is someone who is certain that God does not exist, someone who has compelling evidence against the existence of God. I know of no such compelling evidence. Because God can be relegated to remote times and places and to ultimate causes, we would have to know a great deal more about the universe than we do
now to be sure that no such God exists. To be certain of the existence of God and to be certain of the nonexistence of God seem to me to be the confident extremes in a subject so riddled with doubt and uncertainty as to inspire very little confidence indeed"

@Musky, remember when i told you that atheism is the ultimate bore?
Yeah.
cry

if you hold onto it as your final stance, hence closing your mind to all other possibilities... I mean, what if we finally get more evidence that points to a God... I presume there would be atheists that would start to deny that 'evidence'...

I think the key is to keep an open mind.. that way you can sift whatever bull is thrown at you..
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by MrTroll(m): 4:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
aManFromMars:
Yeah.
cry

if you hold onto it as your final stance, hence closing your mind to all other possibilities... I mean, what if we finally get more evidence that points to a God... I presume there would be atheists that would start to deny that 'evidence'...

I think the key is to keep an open mind.. that way you can sift whatever bull is thrown at you..
lol. Its also important to realise that so far no evidence exists and so be careful of being drawn back into the cesspool of religious hogwash.

Random: I mean look at that heaven thread, people saying that what they'll be doing in heaven is singing eternal songs for God!!!? As in. . . Worship! That god sha has a really huge inferiority complex. Maybe he was bored of being alone at the beginning when he was living at 'Eternity' and decided to create Heaven and filled it with Angels to run errands and play music for him. Later he got bored with them and decided to create humans but instead of putting them directly in heaven like the angels, he decided to create somewhere else first:EARTH!!! and put him there in order to give him 'freewill' to decide whether he will like to come join the angels in singing endless worship songs or maybe join Satan in HELL!!!(Wait! When did he create hell?undecided. . .never mind, mysteriousness! cool )

As for the other planets and stars and solar system and galaxies etc. . . Er. . . Maybe they were debris from creating earth 6000 yrs ago cheesy

Summary: why are we here again?
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by texanomaly(f): 5:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
@ Mr Troll
Thanks. I like that quote.

@ aManFromMars
I always keep an open mind. grin

@ both
This is why I love the non-religion folk...
Ya'll are just so much fun to watch, and your discussions are fascinating to me.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by MrTroll(m): 5:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
texanomaly: @ Mr Troll
Thanks. I like that quote.

@ aManFromMars
I always keep an open mind. grin

@ both
This is why I love the non-religion folk...
Ya'll are just so much fun to watch, and your discussions are fascinating to me.
embarassed embarassed

soooo where's the punny? undecided
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by texanomaly(f): 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: embarassed embarassed

soooo where's the punny? undecided
Ok...I think I know what this means.

Someone help me out here...should I be slapping him? Maybe I'm wrong. To be fair...What does that mean?
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by MrTroll(m): 5:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
texanomaly:
Ok...I think I know what this means.

Someone help me out here...should I be slapping him? Maybe I'm wrong. To be fair...What does that mean?
grin

cry

embarassed
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 5:49pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mikhaela: Whoop ! I'll just introduce myself seeing as I've got nothing better to do and I haven't be here in AGES !

I do NOT believe in God, I do not care to even try to comprehend or anything. I believe in me, my abilities, my intelligence, my hard work.. etc. I blame myself for my failures and congratulate myself for my success. There is no Satan nor God. That being said, I come from a religious family (baptist) and I'm proud of that. My mom is able to fast for days (she's in her 50s) while I can't go for a couple of hours without thinking of drinking or eating something and I most definitely respect it. I think it's absolutely obligatory to respect everyone's religion. Be it Christianity, Islam, Judaism etc. Respect is what many people lack from what I've seen. In general, it's a my way or the high road kind of mentality. Aaaaand that's quite pathetic. I love to learn especially about different cultures as well as beliefs. I will be lurking in the religious forum a lot as it is my favorite so far. Cheers

# Word.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by texanomaly(f): 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: grin
cry
embarassed
Ok...no slap...this time wink
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by MrTroll(m): 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
texanomaly:
Ok...no slap...this time wink
ok sad

punny nko?
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 6:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
@ texanomaly: I'm fine. If ypu have any questions give my behaviour on NL you know what to do.

@ Mr Troll: Rubbish. Anybody can be agnostic about anything, even Christianity. Many atheists, and me, criticize agnostic atheists because in effect they are atgeists but pretend otherwise. I stated earlier on this forum on the eye-opening talk with my younger bro. He stated he wasn't sure about there being God but believed he will know when he dies. Now he's a self-described Christian. These are things atheists pick up on. Instead of decieving yourself, simply come to terms that you are an atheist but agnostic about it. Heck, I was once agnostic about my Christianity and my deism.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
Hehehe Uyi no like agnostics sha.. Lol..

The term that pisses me off though is skeptic... Seriously, who da Bleep isn't?
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by MrTroll(m): 6:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:
@ Mr Troll: Rubbish. Anybody can be agnostic about anything, even Christianity. Many atheists, and me, criticize agnostic atheists because in effect they are atgeists but pretend otherwise. I stated earlier on this forum on the eye-opening talk with my younger bro. He stated he wasn't sure about there being God but believed he will know when he dies. Now he's a self-described Christian. These are things atheists pick up on. Instead of decieving yourself, simply come to terms that you are an atheist but agnostic about it. Heck, I was once agnostic about my Christianity and my deism.
undecided

What exactly have you said? Is it that you just like seeing yourself type? You crave attention like a petulant little girl.

What the heck is "anybody can be agnostic about anything"? Is this not the religious section? Are we not talking about the knowledge of the existence of god? What exactly is the rubbish? Care to point it out?
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by mazaje(m): 6:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
aManFromMars:

Not really, though the first time I met an atheist was a chilling experience.

The first time i meet an atheist was in Germany in 2004, if any one ever told me at that time that i wlil one day be an atheist i would have told the person that he was VERY CRAZY. . .When the guy told me he was an atheist I was like "how can this one say that god doesn't exist" is he CRAZY. .I have never thought about creation, religion, or anything else, I actually thought god dictated the bible to the writers because of my islamic backround, Islam say an angle revealed the koran to mohammed(many people still don't know how the bible was written complied or anything) .I was first a muslim then later a christian and the version of christianity i was indoctrinated with was all i knew and all my life revolved around. . .I really did not know about any other religion until i meet a thai buddhist same year in England. . .

Religious people can never gave way to reason and logic, they just begin with the belief that you are from satan and that's where it begins and ends. . .
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by texanomaly(f): 6:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ texanomaly: I'm fine. If ypu have any questions give my behaviour on NL you know what to do.

Huh?

What did do?

What did I say?

Did I miss something here?

Huh?
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 6:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: undecided

What exactly have you said? Is it that you just like seeing yourself type? You crave attention like a petulant little girl.

What the heck is "anybody can be agnostic about anything"? Is this not the religious section? Are we not talking about the knowledge of the existence of god? What exactly is the rubbish? Care to point it out?

SMH. Your brain's a mush.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 6:39pm On Sep 30, 2013
texanomaly:

Huh?

What did do?

What did I say?

Did I miss something here?

Huh?

No. I just said if you have any ish with what I do here you can PM me.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 6:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
mazaje:

The first time i meet an atheist was in Germany in 2004, if any one ever told me at that time that i wlil one day be an atheist i would have told the person that he was VERY CRAZY. . .When the guy told me he was an atheist I was like "how can this one say that god doesn't exist" is he CRAZY. .I have never thought about creation, religion, or anything else, I actually thought god dictated the bible to the writers because of my islamic backround, Islam say an angle revealed the koran to mohammed(many people still don't know how the bible was written complied or anything) .I was first a muslim then later a christian and the version of christianity i was indoctrinated with was all i knew and all my life revolved around. . .I really did not know about any other religion until i meet a thai buddhist same year in England. . .

Religious people can never gave way to reason and logic, they just begin with the belief that you are from satan and that's where it begins and ends. . .

Unless you are still illogical your statement is false, you were religious and gave way to reason and logic. And just because religious people aren't logical about their beliefs doean't mean they are illogical in other respects.
Re: What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. by mazaje(m): 6:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Unless you are still illogical your statement is false, you were religious and gave way to reason and logic. And just because religious people aren't logical about their beliefs doean't mean they are illogical in other respects.

When it comes to religion most of them do not reason at all. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happie Boiz Deported Back To Nigeria From Cyprus, Presently In Abuja(pics) / God Is Above Jesus Christ! / Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.