Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,954 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance (9875 Views)

Non-Remittance Of Recovered Loot: Reps Threaten To Arrest EFCC Boss / FG Earns N14trn From Crude Export – NNPC / How Much Does Nigeria Earn From Crude Oil Per Year ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by HenryQuest(m): 7:29am On Sep 30, 2013
Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Finance, Hon Abdulmumuin Jibrin, last weekend declared N320billion missing from the remittance by the Nigeria Nationl Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). He said that the sum of  N1.516 trillion was paid in by NNPC into the Federal Government treasury.

Jibrin noted that what Nigerians want is total remittance of revenue generated from oil sales and not crude oil sales figures declared recently by the Ministry of Petroleum Resources. He said:  “It should be noted that this is after taking into consideration, payments for Joint venture cash calls (i.e. cost of production) and petrol subsidy payments. However, only N1.516 trillion has been remitted to the Federal Government coffers by the NNPC showing a shortfall of N320.654 billion for the period”, the lawmaker noted.

“Again, it should be noted that this is actual revenue generated at the prevailing market rate of crude oil and gas. The budget for the Fiscal year 2013 was based on $79 per barrel, whereas the price had hardly fallen below $100 per barrel for the whole year. This implies that even though we are receiving way above the benchmark on our crude oil and gas sales, we are not meeting our targets because our crude oil production has fallen way below budgeted estimates as a result of massive crude oil theft and unabated corruption in the oil and gas sector,”Jibrin lamented

The Finance Committee chairman maintained that Nigerians are not as keen on crude oil sales figures as the actual remittances from in NNPC to the federation account, adding that the amount remitted was more important and NNPC should have been more honest to present the figures so that Nigerians could understand what actually accrued  to the Federal Government.

His words: “For January to September 2013, the federation was expected to earn N1.837 trillion (or N204.168 billion per month) from the sale of crude oil and gas marketed by the NNPC with the Petroleum Minister as its board chairperson”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/reps-declare-n320bn-missing-from-crude-oil-remittance/
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 30, 2013
MTCHEEEEEEW NA TODAY E START?

1 Like

Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 30, 2013
Despite obvious, widespread graft, Jonathan says Nigeria corruption exaggerated

On unsolved corruption cases

"I’m not saying there is no corruption in the petroleum sector"

On [Anti]Corruption efforts/successes

"We are interested in making sure that there is no free money for you to steal"

"As a president you cannot gag the judiciary… you must allow the judiciary to be independent"

On high Cost of government

“We are doing very well in terms of that (managing the cost of running government)"

“If you are a minister, you need people that are competent to help you,”

#Team Fresh Air - NOT#

2 Likes

Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Infomizer(m): 8:15am On Sep 30, 2013
This has stopped being 'news' to me. When such occurrences are curbed and offenders are brought to book, then i'd consider it 'news'. *hiss*

3 Likes

Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by otokx(m): 8:17am On Sep 30, 2013
Will GEJ also say this is political?

6 Likes

Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Mubby4luv(m): 10:22am On Sep 30, 2013
Na them them they steal am. thieves thieves thieves. #Runs away 4rm thread
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 30, 2013
Just converted the figure to dollars..

God damn...

undecided
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 30, 2013
Missing? A funny country!
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by BabaAlabi: 10:23am On Sep 30, 2013
This country sha! Everything is falling apart. Happy Independence day.
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Gistben: 10:24am On Sep 30, 2013
missing to where? into my pocket or their? criminals?
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by hrykanu231(m): 10:25am On Sep 30, 2013
Naija I dey hail o, even as our government the fail o
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Decapo: 10:26am On Sep 30, 2013
Am not surprised
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Big4wig(m): 10:28am On Sep 30, 2013
Just follow d instructions & steps from 1

1. I need to tell u a secret look at 5.

2. D answer is at 11

3.dnt gt mad look at 15.

4. Calm down don't b mad look at 13.

5.first look at 2

6.dnt b dat angry look at 12.

7. I just wanted to let you know dat I DON'T CARE

8.what I have to tell is .....d answer is on 14.

9. B patient look at 4.

10. Dis is d last tym I'm goin 2 do dz,look at 7.

11. I hope u re nt mad wen i say dz look at 6.dnt

12. Sorry look at 8.

13. Dnt gt mad look at 10.

14. I dnt know Hw 2 say dz bt look at 3.

15. U must b really mad,look at number 10.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by BabaEleko(m): 10:29am On Sep 30, 2013
I have a prime suspect. I'm suspecting GOOGLE, make den search GOOGLE, i no trust am. grin
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by mikailu: 10:29am On Sep 30, 2013
Infomizer: This has stopped being 'news' to me. When such occurrences are curbed and offenders are brought to book, then i'd consider it 'news'. *hiss*
see dis one oh
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by fagbalex(m): 10:32am On Sep 30, 2013
its obvious that Jonathan is aware of those stealing our money, but he serve as there intermediary after they will surely roja him. the president is the one aiding and abetting corruption in this country. One day i know God almighty will save us from Jonathan.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 30, 2013
Because they cant get to share it now it is missing, Nigerian Selfish Representatives. Lets wait for Okonjo to reply them with Facts and they will close their mouths up just like the always do

6 Likes

Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by YusufG: 10:37am On Sep 30, 2013
Just as usual

1 Like

Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by yuncka: 10:39am On Sep 30, 2013
Juz wen I tot ASUU dey strike pass THUNDER, dey calls off d strike......

Watch video live on CNN (cartoon network Naija).
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by EndTimeThings: 10:39am On Sep 30, 2013
Hon Endtime declare sexkillz missing!!

https://www.nairaland.com/1458977/sexkillz-must-go

1 Like

Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by WizPrince1(m): 10:43am On Sep 30, 2013
ASUU needs N97b to call off strike while we're busy loosing N320b to Oil Remittance

1 Like

Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by slimming: 10:45am On Sep 30, 2013
President still believes that there is no corruption as you guys think, so they can still everything to make him believe that is a reality and not perception.
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by WizPrince1(m): 10:48am On Sep 30, 2013
aManFromMars: Just converted the figure to dollars..

God damn...

undecided
Using Google abi? If to say na your head u use, e for burst
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by WizPrince1(m): 10:52am On Sep 30, 2013
shachris01: Still wonder why Dizeani is still a Minister. She have performed worst than those ministers jona sacked.

Meawhile, don't miss the drama, as sexkillz packs and Go as an MOD. Here https://www.nairaland.com/1458977/sexkillz-must-go

#teamsexkillzmustgo
Who do you want her to be replaced with? You?
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by taharqa: 10:52am On Sep 30, 2013
Some Nigerians can be so damn GULLIBLE... Can smone re-read this article and show me how or when #320bn was 'stolen' by d NNPC ie from d content of this story. Since when does d inability of Govt generating Agencies' to prompting remit monies to d Federation Account consistuent 'stealing' or even 'missing' funds, esp when an Audit has not been done (hence no use of FACTS) and whilst we are still in d 9th month of d year?? *smh*
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by point5: 10:57am On Sep 30, 2013
Imagin,,a whole lot of #320bn missin,can dis happen if its a private firm,,jst cus it belongs 2 evrybody n few pipo tut best way of handlin it is by stealin it,,God is watchin us oo
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by joshuaidibia(m): 11:03am On Sep 30, 2013
angry N320BN missing,nd yet more stl dy o. Yet,1 ediot of a woman will say d N400BN dmanded by ASUU will cripple our economy.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 30, 2013
taharqa: Some Nigerians can be so damn GULLIBLE... Can smone re-read this article and show me how or when #320bn was 'stolen' by d NNPC ie from d content of this story. Since when does d inability of Govt generating Agencies' to prompting remit monies to d Federation Account consistuent 'stealing' or even 'missing' funds, esp when an Audit has not been done (hence no use of FACTS) and whilst we are still in d 9th month of d year?? *smh*

So, Taharqa, can you tell us why the NNPC should brazenly refuse to remit funds due to the federation, and no one gets punished?
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by ShobayoEmma(m): 11:07am On Sep 30, 2013
ITT
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 30, 2013
Why wont it be missing?
Re: Reps Declare N320bn Missing From Crude Oil Remittance by Fazhy: 11:09am On Sep 30, 2013
NIGERIA!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: FG Assures International Community Buhari Is Healthy / FG, States, LGAs Share N679.699bn In May / Saraki: I Wasn't Arrested, Only Honoured EFCC's Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.