Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? (47248 Views)

Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU / What Is The Difference Between A Bsc(ed) In Electrical Technology And Bsc In Electrical Engineering / Top-up My Hnd To A Bsc In One Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Chizua(m): 8:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
You can make it by serving God. Go for a Pastor or Imam.
undecided
On a second thought, you can be whatever you choose to be by furthering study. A chartered accountant, ICT guru etc.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Fynestboi: 8:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
jonescyras:
...Yes, at aaua we have Philosophy as a course, religious studies as a course.. But mine is combined( a double honored course).
..By the way.. Thanks for your advice.. It helps
dont confuse it guy philosophy as a whole is a B.A degree while philosophy[religious studies] is B.SC i.e educatn degree do u get...
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Fynestboi: 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
bigx: Before you applied for admission, you didnt ask this question?

am nt sure u undastand d OP questn b4 asking this go bk and check
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by lee007(m): 9:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bro! my advise to you is very simple...make the best of what you have most serious organizations are looking for people with good sense of judgement, focus and passion to succeed. Hence, what you studied doesn't really matter much in Nigeria.

Make sure you top your class with a 1st Class or even 2:1 with prizes. Trust me if I interview you for a position, with some self confidence and ability to demonstrate that you are trainable, you will soon forget you studied philosophy. I know people with Yoruba Education working as project managers are earning 6 figures in $$$Dollars.

Set your goals get your priorities right, don't waste time partying and chasing skirts, they will soon be nestling 'cus of you!

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by lumeneng22: 9:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
My dear you can become a university lecturer and be processing admision 4 jambites, very lucrative.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
Emmasonic4me:
My friend sharrrap!!! U r not in Nigeria, so keep quiet if u dnt knw wht to say.

Screw you
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by ATMCARD2(m): 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
Annie2gud: Dearie....Mind working in a Buka? Thank me later!!!
U get mind.lol
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
Elliotwiz1: Philosophy? I think That's the course that most of the proclaimed Grand.Masters offered...plus some confused atheists....mind travel, transmigration and stuffs like that, i'm sure You'll find out more about philosophers as time goes on....
Thanks
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by lefolksy(f): 9:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
I applied 4 economics and I was offered Philosophy.my sincere advice 2 u is dat,jst luv d course u'll enjoy it, u shud also make a good grade,then lve d rest 2 God.I'm proud 2 hve study philosophy, working with NSCDC

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by lanaVello1(m): 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
dude,left to me,i'd say u go ahead and get your philosophy degree,after which you'd go for your masters in law. you'd end up being an hotcake,except u don't lyk legal sh*t tho
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by lanaVello1(m): 9:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
lefolksy: I applied 4 economics and I was offered Philosophy.my sincere advice 2 u is dat,jst luv d course u'll enjoy it.I'm proud 2 hve study philosophy, working with NSCDC
lwkmd,your last line just dey make me laffgrin

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
lee007: Bro! my advise to you is very simple...make the best of what you have most serious organizations are looking for people with good sense of judgement, focus and passion to succeed. Hence, what you studied doesn't really matter much in Nigeria.

Make sure you top your class with a 1st Class or even 2:1 with prizes. Trust me if I interview you for a position, with some self confidence and ability to demonstrate that you are trainable, you will soon forget you studied philosophy. I know people with Yoruba Education working as project managers are earning 6 figures in $$$Dollars.

Set your goals get your priorities right, don't waste time partying and chasing skirts, they will soon be nestling 'cus of you!
Thank you sir.........you helped me.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by baconline(m): 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
BÝ the time u graduate. One million graduates will be chasing ten jobs,so forget getting a job and face how u will be on your own.I weep for the generations coming up
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by aybim: 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
grin you guys.....we kill me here....well i will just advice to go for a better course, don't put yourself into povert
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by lee007(m): 9:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
Please I am a learner, whats a better course in Nigeria?

aybim: grin you guys.....we kill me here....well i will just advice to go for a better course, don't put yourself into povert
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Fynestboi: 9:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
aybim: grin you guys.....we kill me here....well i will just advice to go for a better course, don't put yourself into povert
pardon? Do u have slightest idea of what u just typed?? smh
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by maximuz: 9:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
philosophy is a study of truth and knowledge....its a nice course doh..but recognise in naija cos we dnt like d bitter truth...but if yu stil wan study am....study for d knowledge u wil benefit...or betta stil, wwrite jamb again...shikinah
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Deschil: 9:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
and he will need a first class to work with an oil company if he studies philosophy...
adamic: yes. a philosopher can work in shell,nnpc company but in research department....... believe me.... philosophy is nt an easy course to come out with first class
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by duruh: 9:24pm On Oct 02, 2013
Yungwizzzy: if you're in Nigeria don't bother your self bro

what you study do not determine where you work here, if and only if you have a "connection" you're f**king gud to go bro

yung u just said my mind. Even is one studied SHITOLOGY (D scientific study of excreta- dnt check dictionary o), a job wil sure be waiting 4him b4 he graduates if and only if he has a strong connection.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by 360command: 9:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
Do the philosophy and get out. While doing it, do 1 of this ICM courses (institute of commerce management).I think its a 3 to 6 month diploma course. So as when you are done with the philosophy , you equally have a diploma cert in management which you can use both to find work.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by vcvibes(m): 9:30pm On Oct 02, 2013
jonescyras: I just got admitted to study PHILOSOPHY AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES at adekunle ajasin university,akungba. I have googled it but all I saw was, being a lecturer...and I aint good at lecturing and besides, I never wanted to be a lecturer. Pls where and what can I work as,as a philosopher.....thanks
In a bank.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by vcvibes(m): 9:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
jonescyras:
Thanks very much................
I have this silly question in me lol...... Can a philosopher work in companies like shell,nnpc and the likes?........
so u knw its a silly question n u went aheard 2 ask. Mumu
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
360command: Do the philosophy and get out. While doing it, do 1 of this ICM courses (institute of commerce management).I think its a 3 to 6 month diploma course. So as when you are done with the philosophy , you equally have a diploma cert in management which you can use both to find work.
..Will I write another jamb? Pls pardon my ignorance!.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by andyanders: 9:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
jonescyras: I just got admitted to study PHILOSOPHY AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES at adekunle ajasin university,akungba. I have googled it but all I saw was, being a lecturer...and I aint good at lecturing and besides, I never wanted to be a lecturer. Pls where and what can I work as,as a philosopher.....thanks

Go open a Church and start preaching. No go start deliveranceoooooo as demon will deal with you. Just do the work of God.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Fynestboi: 9:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
vcvibes: so u knw its a silly question n u went aheard 2 ask. Mumu
undecided
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Fynestboi: 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
andyanders:

Go open a Church and start preaching. No go start deliveranceoooooo as demon will deal with you. Just do the work of God.
and u just contribute ur own cent cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by MyMouth(m): 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
rasojie: My advice bro is for you to accept the course you were given because half chin-chin is way better than full poff-poff. then next year write Jamb again , i would not even advise you to go for pol sci. Go for law. tenk tongue

whts so special abt law wit all these jobless lawers around

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
philosopher r nt appreciated here n 9ja bt believe me bro its a nice course n reasonable countries of de world. n 9ja here u culd be an author,educationist,adviser 2 politicians,nd even a banker etc.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
Hmm philosophy is a good course ,but here in naija to get job u go smell fowl yansh,it is better for you to just drop the course like a phone call...lobatan
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by modupeomoge(f): 9:37pm On Oct 02, 2013

Dnt feel sumhow abt d course, u wil so much find it interesting... Am also in aaua wt same course 300, I felt rejected wen I got d course bt today I so much find it interesting... Just try to b focus, Job is not d next tin on ur agenda bt ao to mak it out of d university wt God on ur side. Welcum to aaua
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 9:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
smartkid00: philosopher r nt appreciated here n 9ja bt believe me bro its a nice course n reasonable countries of de world. n 9ja here u culd be an author,educationist,adviser 2 politicians,nd even a banker etc.
Thanks
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by damosky12(m): 9:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
Nosgidi: @OP:I will advice u accept the course."Then,take next jamb and move to your DESIRED COURSE".Guess u wanna be a lawyer.Forget that ill advice of doing ANY course in Nigeria and working anyway.It's lame.Can an Agriculturist perform the work of a Surgeon..??No..!
What you study goes a long way in determining your future..Above all,when u're studying what u so much luv,it becomes a joy to you.Reading your books becomes easier cos d passion is always there..It also gives you an extra edge when looking for jobs in the labour market..
Finally,your course of study also play a major role when applying for scholarships. Virtually all undergraduates will love to win this..The more u win,the more financially stabe u become as a student...
Best of luck.See you at d top..!
God Bless You

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Benjamin Ola. Akande Appointed As President Of Champlain College In America / Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation / 8 Words You’d Find In Both The Igbo And Yoruba Languages, But Different Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.