Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

What's The Real Issue With Nissan Murano? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Real Issue With Nissan Murano? (2294 Views)

My Nissan Murano Key Refuses To Turn / What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail / Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Real Issue With Nissan Murano? by jaymdee(m): 8:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
I have been in circles where discussions about cars come up. During one of such car talks I found out the Nissan Murano currently has a bad reputation in the Nigerian market. One dude even said he won't accept murano as a gift, while another wouldn't buy the car for as low as any amount. Please I need the experts to throw more light into this. Is the car really a bad buy? I still see people cruising in it tho.
Re: What's The Real Issue With Nissan Murano? by chukel(m): 1:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
Nissparts over to u
Re: What's The Real Issue With Nissan Murano? by diehard(m): 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
The real issue is people's ignorance about manufacturers specifications when it comes to consumable parts. Most owners lose their car transmission because they use the wrong transmission oil, I.e. abro transmission fluid. An the car is unforgiving when it concerns transmission fluid, na new gear box the person go most likely buy after such mistake. The gear box is quite expensive at that. Best advice is the buy what the car maker recommends. I know person who use this car without issues for years

1 Like

Re: What's The Real Issue With Nissan Murano? by jaymdee(m): 6:45pm On Oct 01, 2013
diehard: The real issue is people's ignorance about manufacturers specifications when it comes to consumable parts. Most owners lose their car transmission because they use the wrong transmission oil, I.e. abro transmission fluid. An the car is unforgiving when it concerns transmission fluid, na new gear box the person go most likely buy after such mistake. The gear box is quite expensive at that. Best advice is the buy what the car maker recommends. I know person who use this car without issues for years

Thanks. This should help.
Re: What's The Real Issue With Nissan Murano? by micfoley: 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2013
Diehard, I think u are right. I was thinking abt getting a Murano earlier in the yr and got to hear the same gist abt problematic transmission. Then I remembered an old friend who has been using the car for over 4yrs. I put a call thru to him and he confirmed what u said. U should only use CVT transmission fluid or else.....

(1) (Reply)

Dubai-based Tuning Firm Turns Suzuki Jimny Into Mini Replica Of Mercedes G-wagon / Makinde Launches New Ride-hailing Service In Ibadan / Volkswagen Transporter Vs Mitsubishi L300

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.