Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,116 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

!!!!!!!!Blatant Moderator Bias Alert!!!!!!!!!!!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / !!!!!!!!Blatant Moderator Bias Alert!!!!!!!!!!!! (721 Views)

Nairaland Becoming A Public Nuisance And Blatant Rumours House. / The.blatant Show Of Mod Power By Sexkillz And The Nysc Sectiion Mod• / Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

!!!!!!!!Blatant Moderator Bias Alert!!!!!!!!!!!! by Kairoseki77: 2:13pm On Oct 01, 2013
For some reason this thread (https://www.nairaland.com/1458410/few-pics-nnewi) is in the politics section.

It is a picture thread of a town in Nigeria. It has NOTHING to do with politics at all. You can click on the thread and see that.

The thread belongs in the culture section, or maybe travel, or maybe even some other section. However, it 100% does not need to be in the politics section.

Where is the bias?

Whenever someone posts a picture thread of a SE town/city the thread is allowed to stay in the politics section. As soon as someone starts a thread about another region of the country, it is immediately moved by the moderators.

Case in point, are two threads about Shoprite. MANY threads about about a new Shoprite in Enugu were allowed to stay in the politics section for MONTHS. As soon as Shoprite announced a second store in Ibadan, the mods moved the thread to the Business Section within minutes. The thread starter had to complain very loudly until someone stepped in and moved all the Shoprite in Enugu threads to the business section as well.

Now we see multiple picture threads about Enugu, and Nnewi, etc in the politics section, but picture threads about other regions are moved ASAP to culture.

Someone please move these off topic threads away from the politics section. The open bias is just too much.
Re: !!!!!!!!Blatant Moderator Bias Alert!!!!!!!!!!!! by Kairoseki77: 2:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
Now my comments saying the thread should be moved are being hidden!
Re: !!!!!!!!Blatant Moderator Bias Alert!!!!!!!!!!!! by Afam4eva(m): 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
It has been moved. I hope you're happy now...

But be aware that some threads cut across sections and can be left in any of the sections. The only reason i moved that particular thread to the TRAVEL section is because it's just meant to showcase the town( or at least the development was talked about to a lesser extent) and not necessarily talk about the development of the thread unlike the Enugu thread.

Peace!!!
Re: !!!!!!!!Blatant Moderator Bias Alert!!!!!!!!!!!! by Kairoseki77: 2:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
Afam4eva: It has been moved. I hope you're happy now...

But be aware that some threads cut across sections and can be left in any of the sections. The only reason i moved that particular thread to the TRAVEL section is because it's just meant to showcase the town( or at least the development was talked about to a lesser extent) and not necessarily talk about the development of the thread unlike the Enugu thread.

Peace!!!

Thank you for communicating instead of just hiding my posts.
Re: !!!!!!!!Blatant Moderator Bias Alert!!!!!!!!!!!! by kessgreen(m): 2:46pm On Oct 01, 2013
to b frank i av been observin dis for quite a while but to attribute it to tribalism might seem too quick to conclude,d MODS are biased and i feel nairaland as a forum is now being compromised for political gains.just ma thoughts anyway. cheesy

1 Like

Re: !!!!!!!!Blatant Moderator Bias Alert!!!!!!!!!!!! by Kairoseki77: 4:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
Afam4eva: It has been moved. I hope you're happy now...

Peace!!!

The Enugu thread being in the politics section is tribalism and bias at work. You know it, you just won't admit it.

That's ok.
Re: !!!!!!!!Blatant Moderator Bias Alert!!!!!!!!!!!! by tawa89(f): 7:08pm On Oct 01, 2013
What about the numerous threads on crimes committed in SW that never makes frontpage but any thread with as little as 5 comments that has Onitsha or any part of SE makes front page? I don't want to say OAM4J is a tribalist or even Seun sef .
Re: !!!!!!!!Blatant Moderator Bias Alert!!!!!!!!!!!! by EzePromoe: 7:10am On Oct 13, 2013
OP, what of the frontpage scam, showing the good side of SW and bad side of SE?
We don't complain.
Most of these picture threads are used to laud or criticize the incumbent government of that state, especially when it has to do with Anambra. So your complaint is pointless!

(1) (Reply)

The Formula For A Happy Life / My Boss Got N255m Car Gift From Ncaa-aviation Minister Stella Oduah’s Aide / Torn Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.