Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,878 members, 7,844,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments (14016 Views)

Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Accountover Racist Comments / Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by iGeneral: 6:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
Keshi
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by collynzo2(m): 7:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
To all those comparing this case with that of blacks, how many black players go about calling places in Europe unsafe? Imagine Mikel Obi saying he won't join Chelsea in playing a champions league match in Israel, he'll deserve whatever insults he gets from the Israelis. Period!
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by write2obi(m): 7:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
naptu2: ^^^^

Precisely. Most people that support Keshi know that he actually meant to say "How can he say that Calabar is not safe when he was prepared to work here", but that does not change the fact that what he did say was wrong.

There would have been an uproar if a caucasian player said "Jay Jay Okocha is not a European person. He is a black person. He should go back to Africa". This implies discrimination and segregation on the basis of race (I.e not because he is not good enough, but because he is black)

Many countries applied sanctions against South Africa and many people campaigned against the country because of its apartheid policies which specified that blacks and whites could not attend the same schools, use the same toilets, etc.

Keshi's statement implied that whites are not welcome in Africa, white coaches are not welcome in Africa, etc.

This is not the first time. At a press conference during the Nations Cup, Keshi spoke against the appointment of "white coaches" by African football associations (there was a rumour that the NFF was going to appoint Saintfiet as Nigeria's new coach because of the poor performance of the Eagles in the first two games of the competition). He had to clarify his comments the next day, stating that he had nothing against "white coaches" but he was against the practice of appointing just any coach, even if he's not good enough, simply because he is "white".
Coming from Nairaland's own encyclopedia
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by write2obi(m): 7:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
collynzo2: To all those comparing this case with that of blacks, how many black players go about calling places in Europe unsafe? Imagine Mikel Obi saying he won't join Chelsea in playing a champions league match in Israel, he'll deserve whatever insults he gets from the Israelis. Period!
Just look at how you reason *smh, you will suffer*
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by naptu2: 7:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
I suspect that the NFF's response to the query contained details of the reconciliation moves initiated by both FAs.

Keshi initially said that he won't apologise for his statement because it was misunderstood. He later issued a "kind of " apology and said Saintfiet is his friend and that he would shake his hands on match day.

Saintfient said that he wouldn't shake Keshi's hands and that he has nothing to apologise for, since he didn't do anything wrong.

I heard that they eventually reconciled before the match and I'm sure that NFF's response contained details of the apology and reconciliation. That's probably why FIFA decided to temper justice with mercy.
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by Rossikk(m): 7:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sagamite:

But if a white person should tell an African taking a job in Europe that he is not European and should go back to Africa you will scream RAAAAAAAAAAAAAACISM!!!

Yes we will, but we also know the white person will go scot free, just like Keshi did. So it's even Stevens.
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by Sagamite(m): 7:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
Lilimax: From your comments, you're looking troubled by the verdict undecided.
Just accept it in good faith okay smiley

Do you know the meaning of troubled? And do you understand in what context to use it?

Nuzo':
Seems to me Keshi as a black man was given affirmative action in the judgement.

Cos it wouldn't have been a funny issue if it were an European that made such comment.

You get the gist.

Fucktards don't. And they would be at the forefront of those claiming racism and frothing from the mouth when a black man is a victim. grin
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by Sagamite(m): 7:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
lastpage:

I still dont get it when people take offense for being called what they OBVIOUSLY ARE..... except there is a context to it.

I have had situations where white folks who dont know my name or are meeting me for the first time, called me "black man" and then begin to apologize for calling me a 'black man' (though l am not actually black, but brownish but l do understand the generalization).
I just tell them you dont need to apologize for anything, I AM A BLACK MAN! .....except you want to tell me that you say so with a derogatory intention or in such context.

Calling someone a "white dude or black dude" is CERTAINLY NOT RACIST. Lets be clear about that and get it out of the way.

Now, asking someone to "go back to his country" (whether white or black) does not necessarily have to be classed as racist; depending on the context.

In Keshi's case, (l suspect) Keshi was just trying to infer that the Malawian coach was mis-informed by saying Calabar was unsafe (and even he himself admitted to this, later) ....and cannot know Africa/Nigeria more than him (Keshi) but should go back to Belgium if he wanted to be or speak 'authoritatively' on "security/safety of Calabar as a football venue" (thus the emphasis on going back to Belgium )

-What that statement insultive? YES.
- What the statement 'racist'? NO ..... and this was carefully examined and AFFIRMED by FIFA, which has 'experienced and dealt with a lot of such matters'.

We need to be careful not to lump every form of dissent or burst of anger under racism. It might just get to a point when you cant even express yourself at all less you be accused of racism.

Lastpage!

No, Keshi was pissed Africa normally gives "White dudes" jobs in Africa while they (black coaches) struggle to get a job.

That is why Keshi said he should go back to Belgium.

Keshi is a racist.

This is the same racist that refused to select Messi or C. Ronaldo as the best player in the world when they were banging in goals and setting records, he picked 2 black men that were clearly not the best. It is as racist as some white journalist saying Christophe Lemaitre is the best 100m runner while the likes of Bolt and Blake are blazing the tracks.

Keshi is a racist without a doubt. Those Black Panther kind of moronic racists!
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by Rossikk(m): 7:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
Afam4eva: I think any black man that ever shouts racism again should be shot with his mouth open. See the way people are writing epistles just to convince us that Keshi's statement was not racist. But the same folks will be the one telling us of how a white guy looked at them in a racist manner and you begin to wonder whether there's a racist look. Hypocritical folks.

Wow... so quick to jump to the defence of whitey. So ''any black man'' should no longer ''shout racism'' because of what a FEW contributors on NL have posted? And should be ''shot with his mouth open''.

You sound like a real colonial bodyguard for whitey.

I bet you're dressed in khaki shorts too.
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by Sagamite(m): 7:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
write2obi:

Racial abuse is treating someone differently or unfairly simply because they belong to a different race or culture. Racism takes many different forms including; personal attacks of any kind including violence, written or verbal threats or insults, etc.

"I think the coach of Malawi is crazy. If he wants to talk to FIFA, he should go back to Belgium. He is not an African person, he is a white dude, he should go back to Belgium"

"he should go back to Belgium". *in other words, he is not accepted here, he is not one of us* Keshi why? He is not an African person". *if he was an african would Keshi had treated him differently?? YES

Bros abeg leave matter we are happy he escaped sanction, but what he did was totally unacceptable.

Well said!
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by Sagamite(m): 7:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
naptu2: ^^^^

Precisely. Most people that support Keshi know that he actually meant to say "How can he say that Calabar is not safe when he was prepared to work here", but that does not change the fact that what he did say was wrong.

There would have been an uproar if a caucasian player said "Jay Jay Okocha is not a European person. He is a black person. He should go back to Africa". This implies discrimination and segregation on the basis of race (I.e not because he is not good enough, but because he is black)

Many countries applied sanctions against South Africa and many people campaigned against the country because of its apartheid policies which specified that blacks and whites could not attend the same schools, use the same toilets, etc.

Keshi's statement implied that whites are not welcome in Africa, white coaches are not welcome in Africa, etc.

This is not the first time. At a press conference during the Nations Cup, Keshi spoke against the appointment of "white coaches" by African football associations (there was a rumour that the NFF was going to appoint Saintfiet as Nigeria's new coach because of the poor performance of the Eagles in the first two games of the competition). He had to clarify his comments the next day, stating that he had nothing against "white coaches" but he was against the practice of appointing just any coach, even if he's not good enough, simply because he is "white".

Well said!

Further evidence of this Black Pantheristic racist!
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by Afam4eva(m): 7:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
Rossikk:

Wow... so quick to jump to the defence of whitey. So ''any black man'' should no longer ''shout racism'' because of what a FEW contributors on NL have posted? And should be ''shot with his mouth open''.

You sound like a real colonial bodyguard for whitey.

I bet you're dressed in khaki shorts too.
Racism should be condemned irrespective of who's at the receiving end. You guys seem to arrogate the victim mentality on only black, therefore dismissing a racial slur against a white person. That's hypocritical.
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by Sagamite(m): 7:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
Afam4eva: I think any black man that ever shouts racism again should be shot with his mouth open. See the way people are writing epistles just to convince us that Keshi's statement was not racist. But the same folks will be the one telling us of how a white guy looked at them in a racist manner and you begin to wonder whether there's a racist look. Hypocritical folks.

A lot of people are fucktards. I have told you guys several times.

Most of them have no understanding of the concepts they scream about. grin grin grin

Hypocritical fucktards!
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by Sagamite(m): 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
collynzo2: To all those comparing this case with that of blacks, how many black players go about calling places in Europe unsafe? Imagine Mikel Obi saying he won't join Chelsea in playing a champions league match in Israel, he'll deserve whatever insults he gets from the Israelis. Period!

This one is not only a hypocritical person. He is a complete and undiluted person!

His brain is paralyzed and this is evident in his comments.

person, so what if no black person chooses to say some European place is unsafe?

person, that is not the point. If they did and someone says "Go back to Africa, you are not from here", fucktards like you would be frothing from the mouth that you have not seen such racism before.

I have told you before, just blow your brains off with a shotgun. You are too moronic!
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by Rossikk(m): 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Racism should be condemned irrespective of who's at the receiving end. You guys seem to arrogate the victim mentality on only black, therefore dismissing a racial slur against a white person. That's hypocritical.

Don't give me that ''you guys'' stuff. Many here have stated it was a racist comment Keshi made. There is no uniformity of opinion here. Yet you chose to pick on those who backed Keshi - using their position to call for ALL black folks to be shot in the mouth who ''shout racism''. That's wrong and it makes you seem like a bodyguard for whitey!!
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by Afam4eva(m): 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2013
Shoot me please. I can't believe what i'm reading.
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by Sagamite(m): 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2013
write2obi:

Afam4eva:
Shoot me please. I can't believe what i'm reading.

He still thinks it is an insult when I call him a person. The guy is stark stuuuuuuuuuuuuupid!

Dafter than a Dodo!
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by collynzo2(m): 7:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
write2obi:
what's wrong with my reasoning? You can't say stuffs like ''if it was a black player'' without taking a look at the context. How many black players in Europe have called for match venues to be changed because of safety issues before? Go to that website and see what they wrote about Turkey, did that stop Arsenal (which is a British team) from playing against Fenebahçe there? Like I said in a previous thread when this whole episode started, Saintifiet was just looking for trouble and he got it. Ghana is going to play Egypt in November, have they gone to a British site that provides travel advisories for British citizens to read the rubbish written about Egypt there?
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by Sagamite(m): 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
collynzo2: what's wrong with my reasoning? You can't say stuffs like ''if it was a black player'' without taking a look at the context. How many black players in Europe have called for match venues to be changed because of safety issues before? Go to that website and see what they wrote about Turkey, did that stop Arsenal (which is a British team) from playing against Fenebahçe there? Like I said in a previous thread when this whole episode started, Saintifiet was just looking for trouble and he got it. Ghana is going to play Egypt in November, have they gone to a British site that provides travel advisories for British citizens to read the rubbish written about Egypt there?

I bet the few intelligent people on NL are actually going *facepalm* for this person's struggle in reasoning. grin
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by Sagamite(m): 8:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
Rossikk:

Yes we will, but we also know the white person will go scot free, just like Keshi did. So it's even Stevens.

You are a person!

Which white person would get away with it scot-free?
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by ShizzyKrane(m): 8:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
myOGAonTOP: I will still stand by my earlier comments on this matter; keshi never made RACIST comments, he made RACIAL comments.
....dude,YOLO-You obviously lack opolo....sorry to say
cry
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by ebukaOtika(m): 8:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
homesteady: Ah! ThankGoD oh!
Keshi go and sin no more!
Tom Saintfiet I know you'll be very angry and jealous! grin just drink rat poison, and all your sorrows will disappear! grin

afterall Otapiapia na 30naira.....
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by Mojibola(m): 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sagamite:

This one is not only a hypocritical person. He is a complete and undiluted person!

person, so what if no black person chooses to say some European place is unsafe?

person, that is not the point. If they did and someone says "Go back to Africa, you are not from here", fucktards like you would be frothing from the mouth that you have not seen such racism before.

I have told you before, just blow your brains off with a shotgun. You are too moronic!
Omo, see abuse, ds actualli got me rotfl...oga Sagamite, I bow oo...
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by collynzo2(m): 8:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sagamite:

[s]This one is not only a hypocritical person. He is a complete and undiluted person!

I have told you before, just blow your brains off with a shotgun. You are too moronic![/s]
I know you make a living off arguing with people on the internet, unfortunately I don't have the time to satisfy your cravings tonight. FIFA has made their decision, it turns out that I was right the first time. You can keep crying though.
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by yoddy(m): 8:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sagamite: Rubbish!

He should have at least been fined very heavily.

He is a racist

IMO, what went on between the two coaches was personal... Saintflet dey vex say na Keshi collect him job as Super Eagles' coach wink
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by adusco(m): 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sagamite:

But if a white person should tell an African taking a job in Europe that he is not European and should go back to Africa you will scream RAAAAAAAAAAAAAACISM!!!
na today?
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by ooshinibos: 9:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
Racism has affected the world for thousands of years. Why? What is it that makes one man think he is better than another? Most people assume that racism only deals with color of skin, but it goes way beyond that. Racism is the belief that one person is better than another person for any reason at all: color of skin, nationality, mental ability, sex, etc.
It is a serious social problem. It threatens the quality of peoples lives and cherished values. We have all seen the damage that racism has done. Why are we still dealing with this problem? The major reason is that for the past 150 years the theory of evolution has been taught in schools and evolutionary ideas are being sent throughout our society by our education system, our media and our government.
You may be saying to yourself, "How does evolution apply to this?" Here is your answer. The basic theory of evolution says that from one single-cell Amoeba came all of life. This little Amoeba supposedly evolved itself into new sub-species or races of higher class, over and over again. Eventually people arrived and from them the white man, the superior race! Well, in order for people to get here, hundreds and maybe thousands of races had to become extinct because they weren't good enough or intelligent enough or pretty enough to stay around. So they died and we were left with all those inferior beings like animals, black people, yellow people and women.
Now, you might say, "You cant be serious!" But, here is what Charles Darwin once said about white men being superior. "I could show . . . natural selection . . . doing more for the progress of civilization than you seem inclined to admit"The more civilized so-called Caucasian races have beaten the Turkish hollow in the struggle for existence. Looking to the world at no very distant date, what an endless number of the lower races will have been eliminated by the higher civilized races throughout the world." "At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace throughout the world the savage races. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes"will no doubt be exterminated. The break will then be rendered wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilized state, . . . than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as a baboon, instead of as at present between the Negro . . . and the gorilla."
Here is what Charles Darwin had to say about women. "It is generally admitted that with women the powers of intuition, of rapid perception, and perhaps of imitation, are more strongly marked than in man; but some . . . of these faculties are characteristic of the lower races, and therefore of a past and lower state of civilization. The chief distinction in the intellectual powers of the two sexes is shown by man attaining to a higher eminence, in whatever he takes up, than woman can attain whether requiring deep thought, reason, or imagination, or merely the use of the senses and hands."
Thomas Huxley, Darwins close friend said this about Africans. "No rational man, cognizant of the facts, believes that the average Negro is the equal, still less the superior, of the white man. And if this be true, it is simply incredible that, when all his disabilities are removed, . . . as well as no oppressor, he will be able to compete successfully with his bigger-brained and smaller-jawed rival, in a contest which is to be carried out by thoughts and not by bites."
You might say, "Okay, I can see that Darwin was a racist and that evolution is a racist theory, but, so what?" Well, when the world, began to accept the concepts of evolution,. Evolutionary concepts of superiority entered every area of life and people truly began to believe them.
Karl Marx and Adolph Hitler formed many of their beliefs around the concepts of natural selection and survival of the fittest. White race purity groups like the KKK began to arise. Everything became segregated: public transportation, public eating places, public schools. Signs were everywhere: "FOR WHITES ONLY!" Most white people believed the lie of racism, even some Christians.
There is only one race, the human race. "Races" is a purely evolutionary terminology. Just because people have different skin color and different facial features does not mean that there are different races, only that there are people having different ethnic appearances. In fact there is only one skin color pigment in humans.
How much melanin is in your skin, is determined genetically. It is a fact that if you take two mulatto people and combine their genes you can get a wide variety of skin tones ranging from very light to very dark in one generation.
So what does all this mean? It means there are no such things as different races and therefore there should be no such thing as racism, right? Wrong! People want to believe that they are superior. It is human nature to want to be better than everybody else is.
Racist ideas are still very prevalent today: predominantly white neighborhoods versus predominantly black neighborhoods; the KKK versus the NAACP; black churches versus white churches; etc. While some of these ideas may come about by choice, most of them are because people still don't accept one another as equals. The next question is, "Where does it exist?"
The most visible place that racism exists is in the job market. Many people sue companies for not hiring them or for firing them on the basis of their race. There are many laws and acts of Congress on the books to help set racial discrimination straight: The Equal Pay Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Nineteenth Century Civil Rights Acts (amended 1993), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act, the American with Disabilities Act, the Black Lung Act, etc.
Racism is a form of evil in the class of hatred , not necessarily based on color of the skin . most of the genocide and xenophobia stems from evil mindset . Genocide happened in all white countries and it also raised its ugly head in all black countries as well .

The government seems to be confused more than anything. While all of these affirmative actions are being considered, a great number of anti-affirmative action laws are being passed, also. Do we still need affirmative action? Has it done any good? According to NELA (National Employment Lawyers Association) we still need affirmative action for many reasons: women earn 71 cents for every dollar earned by men; for every dollar a white male makes, African-American women make 64 cents, Hispanic women 54 cents, and African-American men 72 cents; black men and women make up less than 2.5% of total employment in senior level private sector jobs; etc. "Mfume pointed out that media has traditionally had problems, particularly in broadcasting. He added that there has been a dearth of minorities and women and there have been too few blacks, Asian, women, and other ethnic minorities in the industry."
Conservatives believe that affirmative action is a racist policy. Myth: Affirmative action just gives a helping hand to the economically disadvantaged. Reality: Affirmative action prefers, blacks, and women. What about economically disadvantaged white men? Myth: Affirmative Action policies do not violate anyones rights. Reality: Affirmative Action policies, in the form of preferential college admissions, hiring practices and issuances of government contracts may very well violate the 14th Amendment and Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. The list goes on and on.
What does the media say about racism? Of course, no anchor person, journalist or editor would ever admit to being racist.
Everybody has their own solutions to the problem of racism: affirmative action, congressional acts and legislation. If these are supposed to be such great solutions, why don't we see major change? The government and the organizations like the NAACP are putting Band-Aids on the cancer so they can cover up the real problem. As long as the KKK is around and as long as evolution is being taught in the classroom, the Band-Aids will be ripped off and the cancer will get bigger.
My solution to racism is to stop teaching evolution. When you stop teaching evolution, you will stop telling children that they are better than somebody else is because they are black or white, pretty or ugly, smart or mentally challenged. If future generations are taught that everyone is equal no matter your gender, age, skin color, or intelligence level; we would eventually have a non-racist society. I know that it is a pretty broad solution but it would work. If you teach kids that they came from monkeys, eventually they will start acting like monkeys. If you teach children that they all came from the same blood, they will start acting like brothers and sisters. They will learn to love one another and we will have a non-racist society.
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by ooshinibos: 9:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sagamite:

Well said!

Racism has affected the world for thousands of years. Why? What is it that makes one man think he is better than another? Most people assume that racism only deals with color of skin, but it goes way beyond that. Racism is the belief that one person is better than another person for any reason at all: color of skin, nationality, mental ability, sex, etc.
It is a serious social problem. It threatens the quality of peoples lives and cherished values. We have all seen the damage that racism has done. Why are we still dealing with this problem? The major reason is that for the past 150 years the theory of evolution has been taught in schools and evolutionary ideas are being sent throughout our society by our education system, our media and our government.
You may be saying to yourself, "How does evolution apply to this?" Here is your answer. The basic theory of evolution says that from one single-cell Amoeba came all of life. This little Amoeba supposedly evolved itself into new sub-species or races of higher class, over and over again. Eventually people arrived and from them the white man, the superior race! Well, in order for people to get here, hundreds and maybe thousands of races had to become extinct because they weren't good enough or intelligent enough or pretty enough to stay around. So they died and we were left with all those inferior beings like animals, black people, yellow people and women.
Now, you might say, "You cant be serious!" But, here is what Charles Darwin once said about white men being superior. "I could show . . . natural selection . . . doing more for the progress of civilization than you seem inclined to admit"The more civilized so-called Caucasian races have beaten the Turkish hollow in the struggle for existence. Looking to the world at no very distant date, what an endless number of the lower races will have been eliminated by the higher civilized races throughout the world." "At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace throughout the world the savage races. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes"will no doubt be exterminated. The break will then be rendered wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilized state, . . . than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as a baboon, instead of as at present between the Negro . . . and the gorilla."
Here is what Charles Darwin had to say about women. "It is generally admitted that with women the powers of intuition, of rapid perception, and perhaps of imitation, are more strongly marked than in man; but some . . . of these faculties are characteristic of the lower races, and therefore of a past and lower state of civilization. The chief distinction in the intellectual powers of the two sexes is shown by man attaining to a higher eminence, in whatever he takes up, than woman can attain whether requiring deep thought, reason, or imagination, or merely the use of the senses and hands."
Thomas Huxley, Darwins close friend said this about Africans. "No rational man, cognizant of the facts, believes that the average Negro is the equal, still less the superior, of the white man. And if this be true, it is simply incredible that, when all his disabilities are removed, . . . as well as no oppressor, he will be able to compete successfully with his bigger-brained and smaller-jawed rival, in a contest which is to be carried out by thoughts and not by bites."
You might say, "Okay, I can see that Darwin was a racist and that evolution is a racist theory, but, so what?" Well, when the world, began to accept the concepts of evolution,. Evolutionary concepts of superiority entered every area of life and people truly began to believe them.
Karl Marx and Adolph Hitler formed many of their beliefs around the concepts of natural selection and survival of the fittest. White race purity groups like the KKK began to arise. Everything became segregated: public transportation, public eating places, public schools. Signs were everywhere: "FOR WHITES ONLY!" Most white people believed the lie of racism, even some Christians.
There is only one race, the human race. "Races" is a purely evolutionary terminology. Just because people have different skin color and different facial features does not mean that there are different races, only that there are people having different ethnic appearances. In fact there is only one skin color pigment in humans.
How much melanin is in your skin, is determined genetically. It is a fact that if you take two mulatto people and combine their genes you can get a wide variety of skin tones ranging from very light to very dark in one generation.
So what does all this mean? It means there are no such things as different races and therefore there should be no such thing as racism, right? Wrong! People want to believe that they are superior. It is human nature to want to be better than everybody else is.
Racist ideas are still very prevalent today: predominantly white neighborhoods versus predominantly black neighborhoods; the KKK versus the NAACP; black churches versus white churches; etc. While some of these ideas may come about by choice, most of them are because people still don't accept one another as equals. The next question is, "Where does it exist?"
The most visible place that racism exists is in the job market. Many people sue companies for not hiring them or for firing them on the basis of their race. There are many laws and acts of Congress on the books to help set racial discrimination straight: The Equal Pay Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Nineteenth Century Civil Rights Acts (amended 1993), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act, the American with Disabilities Act, the Black Lung Act, etc.
Racism is a form of evil in the class of hatred , not necessarily based on color of the skin . most of the genocide and xenophobia stems from evil mindset . Genocide happened in all white countries and it also raised its ugly head in all black countries as well .

The government seems to be confused more than anything. While all of these affirmative actions are being considered, a great number of anti-affirmative action laws are being passed, also. Do we still need affirmative action? Has it done any good? According to NELA (National Employment Lawyers Association) we still need affirmative action for many reasons: women earn 71 cents for every dollar earned by men; for every dollar a white male makes, African-American women make 64 cents, Hispanic women 54 cents, and African-American men 72 cents; black men and women make up less than 2.5% of total employment in senior level private sector jobs; etc. "Mfume pointed out that media has traditionally had problems, particularly in broadcasting. He added that there has been a dearth of minorities and women and there have been too few blacks, Asian, women, and other ethnic minorities in the industry."
Conservatives believe that affirmative action is a racist policy. Myth: Affirmative action just gives a helping hand to the economically disadvantaged. Reality: Affirmative action prefers, blacks, and women. What about economically disadvantaged white men? Myth: Affirmative Action policies do not violate anyones rights. Reality: Affirmative Action policies, in the form of preferential college admissions, hiring practices and issuances of government contracts may very well violate the 14th Amendment and Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. The list goes on and on.
What does the media say about racism? Of course, no anchor person, journalist or editor would ever admit to being racist.
Everybody has their own solutions to the problem of racism: affirmative action, congressional acts and legislation. If these are supposed to be such great solutions, why don't we see major change? The government and the organizations like the NAACP are putting Band-Aids on the cancer so they can cover up the real problem. As long as the KKK is around and as long as evolution is being taught in the classroom, the Band-Aids will be ripped off and the cancer will get bigger.
My solution to racism is to stop teaching evolution. When you stop teaching evolution, you will stop telling children that they are better than somebody else is because they are black or white, pretty or ugly, smart or mentally challenged. If future generations are taught that everyone is equal no matter your gender, age, skin color, or intelligence level; we would eventually have a non-racist society. I know that it is a pretty broad solution but it would work. If you teach kids that they came from monkeys, eventually they will start acting like monkeys. If you teach children that they all came from the same blood, they will start acting like brothers and sisters. They will learn to love one another and we will have a non-racist society.
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by Sagamite(m): 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
ooshinibos:

Abeg, summarise.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by Nuzo1(m): 9:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sagamite:
You get the gist.

Fucktards don't. And they would be at the forefront of those claiming racism and frothing from the mouth when a black man is a victim. grin

Be it on the grounds of patriotism or in a bid to boost their already low self esteem....no matter how much folks would wanna deny it, Keshi was UNdilutedly racist with his comment to the ex-Malawian coach.
He was able to get away with that cos he's black and FIFA cannot afford to deal with media fuses and controversy that the punishment would have generated....not even now world cup is around the corner.

Fifa would have even been accused of being racist towards Keshi and conspiring against an African country.

The judgement was purely an affirmative action.
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by Heffalump(m): 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
Now am waiting to eat Antelope with palm wine grin ;DNow am waiting to eat Antelope with palm wine grin
Re: Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments by Sagamite(m): 9:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
Nuzo':

Be it on the grounds of patriotism or in a bid to boost their already low self esteem....no matter how much folks would wanna deny it, Keshi was UNdilutedly racist with his comment to the ex-Malawian coach.
He was able to get away with that cos he's black and FIFA cannot afford to deal with media fuses and controversy that the punishment would have generated....not even now world cup is around the corner.

Fifa would have even been accused of being racist towards Keshi and conspiring against an African country.

The judgement was purely an affirmative action.

GBAM!

GBAM!

GBAM!

GBAM!

Heavyweight points.

That is why I was unrelenting in calling them fucktards!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Corruption Probe Led To NFF, CAF Clash, Pinnick’s Exit / Lionel Messi Named In Argentina Squad For Copa America / Senegal Vs Gambia : AFCON 2023 (3 - 0) On 15th January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.