Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,357 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

My Baby Just Wont Eat - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Baby Just Wont Eat (6460 Views)

My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. / My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. / Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Baby Just Wont Eat by kendraloops(f): 10:21am On Oct 04, 2013
@yellowpawpaw, I've learnt my lesson big time. To think I used to look at other women that don't breastfeed exclusively with 'bad eye' saying they weren't doing their babies good. Definitely taking all ur points into consideration. I've started with the Chilli method n I'm seeing results. The only challenge I'm having is getting him off b reast at night. He practically sleeps with it in his mouth.
How do I resolve this?

Re: My Baby Just Wont Eat by valentino2ng: 11:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
My baby is 11month old...There is no method I've not tried but he practically hates food;He will start crying,screaming & crawling very far away 4rm u as soon as he notice he's about 2be fed...No matter what u do he won't open his open & if he manages to he won't swallow it;He will just pour it out back 2u...All he willingly takes is Ribena...But what surprises me most is that he looks very healthy...I can't just take it so what I do is turn him upside down & load him with pap (Yoruba style) But am always scared of him choking...Ds style seem very dangerous but what do I do nah?

Re: My Baby Just Wont Eat by gidjah(m): 3:38am On Jun 16, 2016
hahahahaahahaaa! una no go kill person o!,ogbono soup inside akamu??NAIJA I HAIL O!, that child is gonna be a stone cold>

Are you kidding me?
All these things inside akamu
Add ngwo ngwo ( peppersoup )too
We are talking about a baby not a senior citizen in a nursing home
Re: My Baby Just Wont Eat by Onegai(f): 5:20am On Jun 16, 2016
valentino2ng:
My baby is 11month old...There is no method I've not tried but he practically hates food;He will start crying,screaming & crawling very far away 4rm u as soon as he notice he's about 2be fed...No matter what u do he won't open his open & if he manages to he won't swallow it;He will just pour it out back 2u...All he willingly takes is Ribena...But what surprises me most is that he looks very healthy...I can't just take it so what I do is turn him upside down & load him with pap (Yoruba style) But am always scared of him choking...Ds style seem very dangerous but what do I do nah?

Ribena is just sugar and water. He will be fat but not healthy. Baby E forced EBF on me at 4 months (she clammed up and stopped drinking her formula and wanted only breastmilk). And when we started semi-solids, she would drink cereal and small pap. But everyone kept saying "oh she's so small" so we started forcing her. And she started fighting and screaming during foodtime and refusing to open her mouth.

So I stopped forcing her and listened to the only good advice I got: babies will like what you eat. I would casually pick up chicken and put in my mouth and hers. Same thing with fruits, stroll past her and give her a taste. Take the fear and anxiety out of mealtimes. Plus, I stopped pap. Because I hardly drink it so why subject her to it??

Now she eats combos of veggies like Carrots, stew, fish, meat, potatoes, rice, green pepper, beans, plantain, spring onion, eggs, peas, Turkey, spaghetti. I make them as meals for her. She occaionally will eat plantain amala with ogbono soup and fish. She likes her cereal and yorghurt. An she will wrestle you for any type of fruit, she's good with fruit. No sugary drinks (Himself tried to let her sip small from time to time to my annoyance) and no Indomie. She still selects food and sometimes will refuse for no reason but at least one of her meals daily is cooked. She doesn't drink any type of milk so I had to figure out what other sources of calcium I could give her. She eats butter (on bread), cheddar cheese and yorghurt as substitutes.

Yesterday, I boiled rice with veggies poured milk inside the rice, mixed her milk with eggs and some beefstock (meat broth/meat stock is good for babies) and made scrambled eggs and that was her dinner. Try breaking up spaghetti with stew and shred mackerel fish inside. Boil turkey, Apple, sweet potatoes and onions together in a pot, mash it and give your Baby (even for you it makes a nice salad). Or better yet, give what you eat regularly, in a casual manner.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pregnancy And Labour Pains / Busted, Cheating Husband Caught Red Handed By Wife In A Limousine With Video / Christian Couple Spread The Word Via Wife Swapping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.