Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Efficent Weight Loss Technique Required For A Teenager - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Efficent Weight Loss Technique Required For A Teenager (897 Views)

See The Best Weight Loss Technique / Teenager Mauled By A Lion She Tried To Kiss / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efficent Weight Loss Technique Required For A Teenager by Bootylicious(f): 8:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
Please,can you give any efficient weight loss skill ,exercise or diet technique that a teenager can use to slim down? The person is in need of it is a 12-14yrs old female. Its very important pls... smiley
Re: Efficent Weight Loss Technique Required For A Teenager by 4tunebest(f): 5:37pm On Oct 03, 2013
Eat less and avoid snacking in-between meals. It is really that simple if your weight is fat related and not caused by big bones. Make healthy food choices and minimize your consumption of fat laden foods and junks(pastries, ice cream, etc). Cultivate the habit of starting your day with @ least a glass of water and eat plenty of oats. Oats fill you up quickly and for a long time so that your hunger pangs are delayed. Whenever you feel like snacking in between meals, snack on fruits. However, you wont get results if you are not consistent. Consistency is the key to a successful weightloss regimen. Wish you the best
Re: Efficent Weight Loss Technique Required For A Teenager by 4tunebest(f): 5:42pm On Oct 03, 2013
For exercise you can use skipping rope since you are a teenager. Skipping for about 20 minutes everyday will give you tremendous result if combined with the aforementioned
Re: Efficent Weight Loss Technique Required For A Teenager by Bootylicious(f): 12:34am On Oct 05, 2013
Thank you
4tunebest: For exercise you can use skipping rope since you are a teenager. Skipping for about 20 minutes everyday will give you tremendous result if combined with the aforementioned
Re: Efficent Weight Loss Technique Required For A Teenager by Bootylicious(f): 12:35am On Oct 05, 2013
Thank you
4tunebest: Eat less and avoid snacking in-between meals. It is really that simple if your weight is fat related and not caused by big bones. Make healthy food choices and minimize your consumption of fat laden foods and junks(pastries, ice cream, etc). Cultivate the habit of starting your day with @ least a glass of water and eat plenty of oats. Oats fill you up quickly and for a long time so that your hunger pangs are delayed. Whenever you feel like snacking in between meals, snack on fruits. However, you wont get results if you are not consistent. Consistency is the key to a successful weightloss regimen. Wish you the best
Re: Efficent Weight Loss Technique Required For A Teenager by deols(f): 6:06am On Oct 05, 2013
I don't know what the weight is but I hope a teenager isn't being pressured about what she looks like.

It should be the least of her worries right now. I hope she is not focused on something that can totally damage her self esteem.

That said, I think she can be engaged in a lot of activities including skipping, and swimming. They should be things that are fun to her and that she can keep to.

But she should not go on an extreme diet. But can cut her carbohydrates intake and eat more vegetables.

she should be spoken to about the need to lose weight in the best way and with love so that she would keep to it and not be ashamed of herself.

I wish I can express myself better on this. I do sad
Re: Efficent Weight Loss Technique Required For A Teenager by Vivly(f): 7:21am On Oct 05, 2013
She's still a preteen and children at that age might have not yet lost thier baby fat. She shouldn't be pressured to engage in strenuos exercises to lose weight but to stay healthy.
Her exercise regime should be- joggings in the mornings and evenings, skipping and swimming. She should be an outdoor child because she can even lose weight playing with friends.
She should also avoid junk food and eating in between meals. It's a slow killer. Late night foods should be a no-no. Just as doels said, tell her with love. No extra pressures. Don't compare her to her slim friends.
Re: Efficent Weight Loss Technique Required For A Teenager by Bootylicious(f): 12:35am On Oct 07, 2013
Thanks so much.
deols: I don't know what the weight is but I hope a teenager isn't being pressured about what she looks like.

It should be the least of her worries right now. I hope she is not focused on something that can totally damage her self esteem.

That said, I think she can be engaged in a lot of activities including skipping, and swimming. They should be things that are fun to her and that she can keep to.

But she should not go on an extreme diet. But can cut her carbohydrates intake and eat more vegetables.

she should be spoken to about the need to lose weight in the best way and with love so that she would keep to it and not be ashamed of herself.

I wish I can express myself better on this. I do sad
Re: Efficent Weight Loss Technique Required For A Teenager by Bootylicious(f): 12:37am On Oct 07, 2013
She doesn't feel comfortable with the baby fat and we are hoping she'll lose it than having to live with it in the future.
Vivly: She's still a preteen and children at that age might have not yet lost thier baby fat. She shouldn't be pressured to engage in strenuos exercises to lose weight but to stay healthy.
Her exercise regime should be- joggings in the mornings and evenings, skipping and swimming. She should be an outdoor child because she can even lose weight playing with friends.
She should also avoid junk food and eating in between meals. It's a slow killer. Late night foods should be a no-no. Just as doels said, tell her with love. No extra pressures. Don't compare her to her slim friends.

(1) (Reply)

Eat Right For Your Type / My Temporary Blindness: Any Explanations? / VAGINA FACTS: 10 Things You Probablydidn't Know About Lady Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.