Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,732 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) (5337 Views)

Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu / Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) / Kaduna Government Demolishes All Islamic Movement Properties, Cemeteries - Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) by Tosin7(f): 1:00pm On Oct 03, 2013
This is height of cluelessness. How can any sane govt do a thing like this? This is against the fundamental human rights of these children. I still wonder who will use the said mall, or is it not these people I see here everyday.

1 Like

Re: Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) by Tosin7(f): 1:04pm On Oct 03, 2013
geeez: Depending on the city plan, it's possible to take out a school for a mall

When it comes to investment in education, no other state comes close to Osun under Aregbesola

Be that as it may, those from erosion ravaged regions calling Osun poor should bury their heads in shame.

Osun State's IGR as it stands at N1.6bn monthly is higher than the IGR of Abia (N650m) and Anambra (N450m) put together. It will even leave some change to intimidate Ebonyi's monthly IGR

Outside Lagos, Rivers and Oyo, the state had the fourth highest GDP in southern Nigeria for 2012

And you say the state is poor even when it has the lowest unemployment rate in Nigeria translating to increased purchasing power

Hate with sense

Lets not do this usual chest beating. It has never helped us, lets face the facts for once. Like somebody rightly pointed out if Osun is anything to write about economically they should have included it among the five states CBN chose for cashless policy.

Am in Osun now, the level of poverty can only be described for any person that makes now to Osun, if not it will be hard to explain. There is zero means of living here.

2 Likes

Re: Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) by geeez: 1:04pm On Oct 03, 2013
cashkid18: in d cashless policy campaign y was osun n oyo wit their high igr nt included in ,y was lagos d only sw state while two se states where included in bt leta they smuggled ogun state in

So if it's not paper money, it's not cash? I can write money on a cheque leaf that will be more than all the cash you can stash in a five bedroom duplex

Osun State doesn't take taxes via cash payments to government, neither does Anambra and Abia

An increased IGR is a function of more intense economic activity
Re: Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) by Tosin7(f): 1:07pm On Oct 03, 2013
geeez:

So if it's not paper money, it's not cash? I can write money on a cheque leaf that will be more than all the cash you can stash in a five bedroom duplex

Osun State doesn't take taxes via cash payments to government, neither does Anambra and Abia

Intense economic activities?? Are you for real. Am here now in Osun, the only thing that I can see all over the place are 'okada' riders. Apart from that the town is a shadow of itself. So dry and out, I still dey wonder where our gov got those figures about Osun IGR. Poverty is written everywhere including on the walls.

1 Like

Re: Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) by cashkid18(m): 1:09pm On Oct 03, 2013
geeez:

You tell us who owns Polo Park. It was developed by Tayo Amusan's company and they will collect rent on it till it covers their investment before they hand it over

But the mall isn't profitable and rarely visited. The Shoprite Mall there isn't making profit and I have this once again on good authority. It's bad business for Tayo.

Check out my posts on Shoprite
ar yerobas dis dumb dt they cn nt search for sumtin on google let me tel u then cuz i cn see dt ur brain is airsackgrin d malls dt ar in enugu,kwara,lagos n oyo ar owned by sa firms.iti!!!

2 Likes

Re: Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) by solomon111(m): 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2013
All hail the progressives.
Where is that paid hack gbawe?
He should come and justify this abomination.
Mad people.

1 Like

Re: Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) by Tosin7(f): 1:14pm On Oct 03, 2013
We need to start discussing issues rather than throwing insults. The question, is what Osun did right?? Is it not a policy that is most clownish and clueless to dislodge school for a market place?

Oh gosh, my people lets face facts and realities!
Re: Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) by solomon111(m): 1:20pm On Oct 03, 2013
It's even more note-worthy to note that this can never happen even in the worst PDP state.
Smh.
Re: Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) by cashkid18(m): 1:20pm On Oct 03, 2013
geeez:

u jst ended up wastin a space dt cud hv been used by sumbody who is nt an ogbero to type sumtin meaniful..for d fact dt anambra n abia wia choosen shws dt there ar more economic activities there...there ar more manufacturin n commerce in anambra n abia more than in oyo,ogun,ekiti,osun except in lag
Re: Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) by cashkid18(m): 1:23pm On Oct 03, 2013
Tosin7: We need to start discussing issues rather than throwing insults. The question, is what Osun did right?? Is it not a policy that is most clownish and clueless to dislodge school for a market place?

Oh gosh, my people lets face facts and realities!
dont mind those clowns,instead of condemnin Tinubu n agbe they ar busy praisin them..mediocrity at d highest order!!!
Re: Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) by Tosin7(f): 1:27pm On Oct 03, 2013
cashkid18: dont mind those clowns,instead of condemnin Tinubu n agbe they ar busy praisin them..mediocrity at d highest order!!!

While I respect your views, don't use the opportunity to insult Tinubu.
Re: Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) by cashkid18(m): 1:31pm On Oct 03, 2013
Tosin7:

owk my lady cool cool
Re: Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) by solomon111(m): 1:32pm On Oct 03, 2013
Tosin7:

pls tell me,how is tinubu different from bode george and obj?
Una never ready.
Re: Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) by jbaur24: 1:37pm On Oct 03, 2013
solomon111: pls tell me,how is tinubu different from bode george and obj?
Una never ready.

From my own understand they are all rogues! From Tinibu to Obj to Bode etc..Same people!
Re: Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) by geeez: 2:50pm On Oct 03, 2013
cashkid18: u jst ended up wastin a space dt cud hv been used by sumbody who is nt an ogbero to type sumtin meaniful..for d fact dt anambra n abia wia choosen shws dt there ar more economic activities there...there ar more manufacturin n commerce in anambra n abia more than in oyo,ogun,ekiti,osun except in lag

Let me pretend to agree with you

But how come they don't generate for the states half as much as the 'farms' of Osun does in IGR to the state government
Re: Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) by talktimi(m): 3:54pm On Oct 03, 2013
Cities expand which means an increase in population which invariably means more customers for businesses therefore a mall is a good business investment but i dont think it should be at the expense of a school sha, there are countless other plots of land in prime locations that could have been used instead. Lets wait and see
Re: Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) by mayorall(m): 4:00pm On Oct 03, 2013
I think the place is for motor park. That Fakunle cant be RenovatEd. Its beyond renovation I guess.
Re: Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) by gratiaeo(m): 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2013
mayorall: I think the place is for motor park. That Fakunle cant be RenovatEd. Its beyond renovation I guess.
You are either lying or misinformed. Fakunle is one of the best school in Osun state and i will prove it with picture
Re: Oshun Demolishes School To Give Way For Tinubu's Mall (Picture) by Onyejiuwaokoh: 5:52pm On Oct 03, 2013
After fraudulently and forcifully collecting all the valuable lands in Lagos, he now faces Osun. Tinubucracy is wrecking havoc in South west.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blame Southwest APC States For Naira Fall / Interesting Conversation Of People's Trust Olawepo Hashim With NTA Crew / Breaking: Rev Fr Mbaka Cursed Peter Obi And Endorsed Atiku For President.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.