Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? (4522 Views)

"Why Couldn't God Forgive Satan?" / How Do I Forgive Someone That Offends Me On A Daily Basis. / How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 03, 2013
Was so angry with God and had to burn my bible b'cos i felt God wasn't existing and why doesn't he keep to his promises; but i later realise we have to be patience for the blessings of God to manifest in our life. What is going to happen now? I have begged for forgiveness and also prayed to God but i feel i have not done my best for God to consider me in granting my prayer request. Pls what can i do to avert the anger of God in my life?
Re: Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? by Jbluv55(m): 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2013
WOW! Is this an action you actually carried out or are you just 'theoretizing'?

And if truly you did this, why not tell the full story including the actual circumstances, dates & details in general?
Re: Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 03, 2013
Jbluv55: WOW! Is this an action you actually carried out or are you just 'theoretizing'?
I actually carried out the act but later realised my mistake and bought another one. I don't know if God will still judge and deal with me for doing that.
Re: Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? by yemisolar(m): 3:23pm On Oct 03, 2013
if you are a believer, God has forgiven you. But the concern should be what prompted you to do it in the first place. You need to understand that God loves you and will not withold anyting from you. If you are not getting what your heart desires, He is not the one at fault. Maybe He is trying to get you to look in a direction while you are looking at another.
Re: Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? by ayobase(m): 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2013
Genuine repentance is all what God wants.
You are forgiven....God aint man with resentful heart!

1 Like

Re: Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:37pm On Oct 03, 2013
even the xtian god is against book burning. grin
Re: Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? by Jbluv55(m): 4:01pm On Oct 03, 2013
ayobase: Genuine repentance is all what God wants.
You are forgiven....God aint man with resentful heart!

In addition, God,s message for you can be found in John 3:16-21 and I quote(KJV):

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his
only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him
should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to
condemn the world; but that the world through him
might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but
he that believeth not is condemned already,
because he hath not believed in the name of the
only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come
into the world, and men loved darkness rather than
light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light,
neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be
reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that
his deeds may be made manifest, that they are
wrought in God.
Re: Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? by nbygrace: 4:34pm On Oct 03, 2013
there's no amount of sin that the blood of Jesus can not wash away,as long as u're still breating,if u can geniunly repent from sins and accept him as ur parsonal Lord and saviour.4 that purpose he was manifesetd to tek away ur sins,4 when we were still sinners Christ died 4 our sins,he was bruise 4 our iniquity.therfore if any sinner bn in Christ he's a new creathure old things has pass away,God bless u.
Re: Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? by noblefada: 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2013
Stop bothering yourself my dear, God has already forgiven u, would have love to expatiate further but this is not an appropriate forum. But let me say this, what you've done is not 1% as bad compared what apostle Paul did, so free your mind and rather channel that energy to loving God more. Shalom
Re: Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2013
Thanks i appreciate all your comments,God bless u. Am grateful
Re: Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? by Horus(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2013
arcbabe: Was so angry with God and had to burn my bible b'cos i felt God wasn't existing and why doesn't he keep to his promises; but i later realise we have to be patience for the blessings of God to manifest in our life. What is going to happen now? I have begged for forgiveness and also prayed to God but i feel i have not done my best for God to consider me in granting my prayer request. Pls what can i do to avert the anger of God in my life?

Dont feel guilty, burning a bible is very good. The wise neither judge a spiritual book by its cover nor by the writing that is found therein, because both can be very deceiving. The Bible is an example. There is just enough truth in the Bible to cause people to believe the deceptive false and slave teachings of it. The way the wise judge spiritual books or religion is by what the leaders and adherents of that book or religion do, not what they say or what the book states, because as it is said: ‘Actions speak louder than words’ and ‘You know the tree by the fruit it bears.’ In other words, one knows what the spirit forces of a book or religion represent by knowing what the leaders and adherents of that religion do. So, if Caucasian spiritual books and religion are judged by the actions of its adherents rather than by words, this tells us what the spirit forces of their books and religion are dragon and monster forces, speaking beautiful words and making melodious music and at the same time murdering Darker Peoples and taking their lands, oppressing, suppressing, stealing, lying, and ravishing the Earth. We should burn all bibles

1 Like

Re: Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? by engrtee(f): 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2013
Ask God not nairalanders
Re: Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 03, 2013
God prob'ly doesn't exist and even if he does, he has other things to worry about. Bible burning is the least of his worries.
Re: Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? by InesQor(m): 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2013
yemi solar: But the concern should be what prompted you to do it in the first place.

That's the entire point, actually.
Re: Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? by thoth: 12:56am On Oct 04, 2013
@Horus

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? by Debeloved87(m): 7:58am On Oct 04, 2013
arcbabe: Thanks i appreciate all your comments,God bless u. Am grateful
since u'v ask for forgiveness, God will forgive you,.. but what you did is quite gruesome, you were not ignorant of the bible,the word of God, you burn it because you were angry with God, i dont want u to feel bad but what you did requires special prayers,sacrifices and offerings not just "Father forgive me,thank you" prayer..no sins go unpunished, we are not just aware of many since we might not just be directly affected after asking for forgiveness..i hope u understand me..mattew26:75
Re: Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 04, 2013
Debeloved87: since u'v ask for forgiveness, God will forgive you,.. but what you did is quite gruesome, you were not ignorant of the bible,the word of God, you burn it because you were angry with God, i dont want u to feel bad but what you did requires special prayers,sacrifices and offerings not just "Father forgive me,thank you" prayer..no sins go unpunished, we are not just aware of many since we might not just be directly affected after asking for forgiveness..i hope u understand me..mattew26:75
I have prayed and asked for forgiveness,I sacrificed by emptying my bank account and giving all the money in my account to my pastor as an offering sacrifice. Is there anything I have to do again?
Re: Can God Forgive Someone Who Burn The Bible? by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 04, 2013
arcbabe: I have prayed and asked for forgiveness,I sacrificed by emptying my bank account and giving all the money in my account to my pastor as an offering sacrifice. Is there anything I have to do again?
Am I the only one who got the Sacarsm in this.

(1) (Reply)

Classic Words From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome That Will Change You Forever / Last Week Tonight With John Oliver: Televangelists / Arguments Against Intelligent Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.