Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Why Do People Use The Death Of People To Praise "God"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Use The Death Of People To Praise "God"? (663 Views)

Picture Of A Nairalander Heading For Church To Praise Her Creator / Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / One Big Reason You Must Praise God Today. Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Use The Death Of People To Praise "God"? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2013
Hi everyone,

So we all heard about the plane crash earlier today, and my heartfelt condolence goes out to the families that are deeply bereaved.

As I was still wondering how the families must be feeling, lo and behold I got a broadcast message (BC) and it read thus:

"You want to fly 1st class!
You wish God loved u enough to give you flight money
You hate the hours u had to sit thru d bus journey to lag!
My friend plane crash happened
N pple that had dt money were Burnt lik roasted chicken
R u not better off? Eeh mr question-God-all d time!
Rebc to encourage some1! God loves us all"

Now at this point, my sadness turned to an instant anger. I also logged on to FB and NL to see what people had to say and I could read such comments as "God thank you it wasn't me", "Did they pray before leaving"? Bla bla.

Now has religion greatly infuriated our minds to the point that we lose all empathy for the bereaved family and even for those who lost their lives and then start saying we should thank God (whichever one) it wasn't us?

Why would you use the death of people in praising God? I'm really still trying to grasp this. People scream "God help us", "God save us". I mean, wasn't same God there prior to when this plane was going to crash? If same can turn a blind eye to that, what makes you think same God wouldn't turn a blind eye to your praising him for turning a blind eye while a plane crash occurred?

I really don't know how to explain it, but I just had to pour this out. If only we can be more sensitive to people's loss instead of using it as an avenue to rejoice. This is also akin to someone going to give testimony in the church that he was the only survivor in an accident, and people should follow him praise God for sparing his life. And I'm like, seriously? Praising the same God that actually oversaw the killing of other people and "sparing" you.

Well, I just had to let this out. I can as well be attacked for this, but I think we should try getting to the root of the problems that cause our accidents and not attributing it to any form of supernatural being.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Use The Death Of People To Praise "God"? by Gudintent: 7:58pm On Oct 03, 2013
May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

Prayer goes out to the family's affected.

Quite sad

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Use The Death Of People To Praise "God"? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 03, 2013
masonkz: Hi everyone,

So we all heard about the plane crash earlier today, and my heartfelt condolence goes out to the families that are deeply bereaved.

As I was still wondering how the families must be feeling, lo and behold I got a broadcast message (BC) and it read thus:

"You want to fly 1st class!
You wish God loved u enough to give you flight money
You hate the hours u had to sit thru d bus journey to lag!
My friend plane crash happened
N pple that had dt money were Burnt lik roasted chicken
R u not better off? Eeh mr question-God-all d time!
Rebc to encourage some1! God loves us all"

Now at this point, my sadness turned to an instant anger. I also logged on to FB and NL to see what people had to say and I could read such comments as "God thank you it wasn't me", "Did they pray before leaving"? Bla bla.

Now has religion greatly infuriated our minds to the point that we lose all empathy for the bereaved family and even for those who lost their lives and then start saying we should thank God (whichever one) it wasn't us?

Why would you use the death of people in praising God? I'm really still trying to grasp this. People scream "God help us", "God save us". I mean, wasn't same God there prior to when this plane was going to crash? If same can turn a blind eye to that, what makes you think same God wouldn't turn a blind eye to your praising him for turning a blind eye while a plane crash occurred?

I really don't know how to explain it, but I just had to pour this out. If only we can be more sensitive to people's loss instead of using it as an avenue to rejoice. This is also akin to someone going to give testimony in the church that he was the only survivor in an accident, and people should follow him praise God for sparing his life. And I'm like, seriously? Praising the same God that actually oversaw the killing of other people and "sparing" you.

Well, I just had to let this out. I can as well be attacked for this, but I think we should try getting to the root of the problems that cause our accidents and not attributing it to any form of supernatural being.

ehn ehn...
Re: Why Do People Use The Death Of People To Praise "God"? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 03, 2013

If you ask me na who I go ask,
The country wey I dey so, na craze full am.
Re: Why Do People Use The Death Of People To Praise "God"? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 03, 2013
@op
some people just love praising God they'll use anything as leverage. The death of other people is one of them.
Re: Why Do People Use The Death Of People To Praise "God"? by HezronLorraine(m): 11:06pm On Oct 03, 2013
It's just something I don't think I can answer.I really can't tell why people reason in such manner.

(1) (Reply)

What You Sow Is What You Reap. / Touching Moment When Pope Francis Kissed And Held Sick Man Covered In Boils / Authority And Power Are The Same

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.