Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians (2164 Views)

7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts / Fear Of Buhari: IBB Returns ‘part’ Of $12.4bn Gulf Oil Windfall Money / Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
theoctopus:

What? shocked Where did you get that from? You are a real clown!!!

Some people who dont like Margaret Thatcher are now the Britons? You no dey disappoint!!!
What is this one yapping?
Was it Nigerians that threatened to pelt her coffin? You well so?

London police are bracing for protests at
Margaret Thatcher’s funeral on Wednesday, with
opponents vowing to pelt her coffin with eggs,
coal or milk if they can get close enough — or
simply turn their backs on the passing
procession.
More than 800 people have pledged to attend an
event called “Maggie’s good riddance party”,
promising a “right jolly knees-up” outside St
Paul’s Cathedral — where 2,000 global political
leaders, celebrities and friends will be paying their
respects to the former British prime minister.
“Let the world know the hypocrisy of a state-
funded funeral for the person who influenced 30
years of cuts to state funding of welfare,” the
protest’s Facebook page reads.
“If taxpayers are funding her funeral… we can at
least get our money’s worth.”
The former Conservative Party leader’s death has
sparked furious debate in Britain over her legacy
— and over the decision to grant her a state-
funded ceremonial funeral, which by some
estimates will cost the taxpayer up to £10 million
($15 million, 12 million euros).
Her more radical critics, who accuse her of
ruining millions of lives with her radical free-
market reforms, greeted news of her death from a
stroke last week with impromptu street parties.
Hundreds of people filled London’s Trafalgar
Square on Saturday, erected a giant effigy of her
and shouted “Maggie, Maggie, Maggie! Dead,
dead, dead!”

wwe.alternet.org/thatcher-protesters-vow-pelt-her-coffin-eggs-and-coal-funeral

1 Like

Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by theoctopus: 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
Clerverly:

Did anyone else notice that this Never-Do-well mentioned 40 years while conveniently leaving out the last 13years of PDP misrule

You just proved, you are a truly dishonest NIgerian! Did I say 40 years from 1999 going backwards? Very dishonest chap you are! grin
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by theoctopus: 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2013
berem: What is this one yapping?

London police are bracing for protests at
Margaret Thatcher’s funeral on Wednesday, with
opponents vowing to pelt her coffin with eggs,
coal or milk if they can get close enough — or
simply turn their backs on the passing
procession.
More than 800 people have pledged to attend an
event called “Maggie’s good riddance party”,
promising a “right jolly knees-up” outside St
Paul’s Cathedral — where 2,000 global political
leaders, celebrities and friends will be paying their
respects to the former British prime minister.
“Let the world know the hypocrisy of a state-
funded funeral for the person who influenced 30
years of cuts to state funding of welfare,” the
protest’s Facebook page reads.
“If taxpayers are funding her funeral… we can at
least get our money’s worth.”
The former Conservative Party leader’s death has
sparked furious debate in Britain over her legacy
— and over the decision to grant her a state-
funded ceremonial funeral, which by some
estimates will cost the taxpayer up to £10 million
($15 million, 12 million euros).
Her more radical critics, who accuse her of
ruining millions of lives with her radical free-
market reforms, greeted news of her death from a
stroke last week with impromptu street parties.
Hundreds of people filled London’s Trafalgar
Square on Saturday, erected a giant effigy of her
and shouted “Maggie, Maggie, Maggie! Dead,
dead, dead!”

My dear Berem, 800 people cannot be classified as "the Britons". Which kind school you go sef! grin

Celebration of deaths I talked about is a practice that spans the whole of what we call southern Nigeria and middle belt. Only core Northern Nigeria can be exempted! Na wa! grin
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by ballabriggs: 3:57pm On Oct 04, 2013
theoctopus:

What? shocked Where did you get that from? You are a real clown!!!

Some people who dont like Margaret Thatcher are now the Britons? You no dey disappoint!!!

Mr, there were loads and loads of people who had no sympathy for Tatcher in death. Those who felt excluded by her policies, most especially in the north of England, Yorkshire and the Liverpool areas where the mine workers resided. As can be seen from Tatcher's case, such lack of sympathy is inherent when people feel excluded in a society. It is basic in public policy.

In the case of Nigeria where majority have been excluded by leadership, such traits will surely exist. How do you sincerely expect majority of people who cannot afford air travel to sympathise with victims of an air accident who they see as their oppressors. The joke is on you Omokri!

2 Likes

Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
theoctopus:

My dear Berem, 800 people cannot be classified as "the Britons". Which kind school you go sef! grin

Celebration of deaths I talked about is a practice that spans the whole of what we call southern Nigeria and middle belt. Only core Northern Nigeria can be exempted! Na wa! grin
You absolutely don't know what you're talking about. Stop eating too much of Octopus my friend! grin
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by theoctopus: 4:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
ballabriggs:

Mr, there were loads and loads of people who had no sympathy for Tatcher in death. Those who felt excluded by her policies, most especially in the north of England, Yorekshire and the Liverpool areas where the mine workers did reside. As can be seen from Tatcher's case, is that such lack of sympathy is inherent when people feel they have been excluded in a society. In the case of Nigeria where majority have been excluded by leadership, such traits will surely exist. How do you sincerely expect majority of people who cannot afford air travel to sympathise with victims of an air accident who they see as their oppressors. The joke is on you Omokri!

1. Thatcher's case does not even have any bearing on our discussion because Thatcher is just one case. I just replied her because I wanted to show her her short sightedness. I refered to a mindset and practice that spans more than half the entire country and is something that we do, not just to politicians but even to our family members. We eat, drink and dance in burial ceremonies of even our family and friends. It has no connection with the thatcher story.

2. The Britons as a people dont do that in their burial ceremonies. The point is simple enough, I dont need to stretch it. The argument is baseless
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by theoctopus: 4:04pm On Oct 04, 2013
berem: You absolutely don't know what you're talking about. Stop eating too much of Octopus my friend! grin

I understand you have to keep your ego. No qualms. Lets leave it like that. How market? smiley
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2013
In as much as I feel sadness for the dead and pity for the bereaved, I can't help but wonder the economics of flying a dead corpse to Akure (in a chattered flight) for a journey that would have taken 3 hours by road. I tell you if it was a road accident that had happened, the reactions of people (read; the have not's) wouldn't have been this nonchalant.

These are not the best of times for Nigerians, we have a government in place that much was expected from. Instead of high expectations, Nigerians have gotten untold hardship; strikes every where, boko haram having a field day, mediocrity in government, covert and overt support of criminal (regional) warlords by the government, massive looting of the national cake, sycophancy etc. There is simply no direction in government!!

Gradually, Nigerians are coming to a boiling point and the insensitivity exhibited for this crash is just a pointer of where we are headed too. Flagrant display of stolen wealth is now drawing no sympathy! even in grief!!
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by ballabriggs: 4:14pm On Oct 04, 2013
theoctopus:

1. Thatcher's case does not even have any bearing on our discussion because Thatcher is just one case. I just replied her because I wanted to show her her short sightedness. I refered to a mindset and practice that spans more than half the entire country and is something that we do, not just to politicians but even to our family members. We eat, drink and dance in burial ceremonies of even our family and friends. It has no connection with the thatcher story.

2. The Britons as a people dont do that in their burial ceremonies. The point is simple enough, I dont need to stretch it. The argument is baseless

Why does Thatcher's case not have any bearing here? In Western Societies built on freedom of choice, it is not uncommon to see people being unsympathetic over ones death. It is their choice, there is nothing you can do about it.

The case of funerals is a cultural thing. Our funerals are like carnivals, more of a celebration of life. When my Grand Pa died, I had to do a traditional dance with a sword. Does that mean I had no sympathy over his death? Will the British people dance when one dies? I do agree that some people fight over food and drinks at such celebrations which can be linked to poverty. When people do not know where the next meal will come from, they see such celebrations as a place to get filled. The British ceremonies from Weddings to Funerals are very formal celebrations and you do not expect the type of fanfare we see in our own to be in theirs.
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
ballabriggs:

Why does Thatcher's case not have any bearing here? In Western Societies built on freedom of choice, it is not uncommon to see people not sympathising over ones death. It is their choice, there is nothing you can do about it.

The case of funerals is a cultural thing. Our funerals are like carnivals, more of a celebration of life. I do agree that some people fight over food and drinks at such celebrations which can be linked to poverty. When people do not know where the next meal will come from, they see such celebrations as a place to get filled. The British ceremonies from Weddings to Funerals are very formal celebrations and you do not expect the type of fanfare we see in our own to be in theirs.

Lies.
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by ballabriggs: 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
GustavoFring:

Lies.

You probably attended the arrangee marriage of your brother in Peckham and you think all British wedding ceremonies are done the same way. When you attend a proper British Wedding ceremony you can comment. A traditional ceremony in Britain is very formal with boring speeches from the beginning till the end of the ceremony. We don't have time for that as Africans, we eat, drink and dance all through the ceremony. Ours is a carnival.
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by theoctopus: 4:32pm On Oct 04, 2013
ballabriggs:

Why does Thatcher's case not have any bearing here? In Western Societies built on freedom of choice, it is not uncommon to see people being unsympathetic over ones death. It is their choice, there is nothing you can do about it.

The case of funerals is a cultural thing. Our funerals are like carnivals, more of a celebration of life. When my Grand Pa died, I had to do a traditional dance with a sword. Does that mean I had no sympathy over his death? Will the British people dance when one dies? I do agree that some people fight over food and drinks at such celebrations which can be linked to poverty. When people do not know where the next meal will come from, they see such celebrations as a place to get filled. The British ceremonies from Weddings to Funerals are very formal celebrations and you do not expect the type of fanfare we see in our own to be in theirs.

It is ridiculous that you always blame cultural flaws and bad value system on poverty! Shame!
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by ballabriggs: 4:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
theoctopus:

It is ridiculous that you always blame cultural flaws and bad value system on poverty! Shame!

Omokri, I read your nonsense article and I almost puked. It was filled with stereotypical bullshit. Do you actually think the mentality of an unrefined Brit is different from that of a Nigerian? Nonsense! They have leaders and leadership has been critical in shaping the direction of the society. In Britain food is everywhere. Why should eating chicken be a big issue for the average Nigerian in this century? We do not even make enough birds to feed our population. if I do not get that drink at your wedding, I can work and buy one for myself easily, why then should I fight over it.
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by tpia5: 4:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
its just the culture these days for people to mock when someone dies.

and, anyone who believes all that "retribution" blah blah, is obviously in la-la land.

you dont know you are but puppets and nothing more.
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by Desric(m): 4:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
shachris03: it would be unfair to train a child as an animal and expect him to act as a gentleman.
I would have liked ur comment a million times if it was so. You just captured the entire scenario in your comment and it the EOD.
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
ballabriggs:

You probably attended the arrangee marriage of your brother in Peckham and you think all British wedding ceremonies are done the same way. When you attend a proper British Wedding ceremony you can comment. A traditional ceremony in Britain is very formal with boring speeches from the beginning till the end of the ceremony. We don't have time for that as Africans, we eat, drink and dance all through the ceremony. Ours is a carnival.

You are clearly a joker.

Even When William and Kate got married, there where street parties all over the UK. You clearly know nothing about Britain except the road to the local ladbrokes judging by your username. undecided

I dont wish to derail this thread, so let's leave it at that. wink

1 Like

Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by PointB: 5:13pm On Oct 04, 2013
Bluntly speaking, if they could afford a chartered craft to ferry the dead, they should have at least gone for pretty better one.
It's sad that Nigerian, and perhaps one or more who had nothing to do with the dead were caught up in the tragic incident. May they rest in peace!

The 'coldness' or indifference with which certain tragedies (especially of the rich) is viewed, is far dissociated with poverty, but rather due falling premium placed on (Nigerian) lives occasioned by impunity which mass murderers (especially Islamists, Jihadists, Boko Haram, Kidnappers, Militants. etc) have been left to run rampage for a very long time. Unraveling violent crimes, and punishing murderers and there sponsors - with capital punishment, and generally stemming the atmosphere of impunity for murders will go along way into addressing this indifference we associate with tragic deaths.

As per the argument that the gulf between the rich and poor is widening, more evidence is needed to support it. As contrary to the Op's submission, this gulf is actually shrinking as the Nigeria middle class (the bridge between the rich and poor) is actually growing. The growing number of social network users, is actually an indicator of this growth, not a sign of widening gap. A quick search for Nigeria middle class churned out the attached page:

Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by Omen100(m): 5:14pm On Oct 04, 2013
The worst of it all is the unseen physical battles being fought between the Igbos + Ijaws against any other tribes who speaks against the erroneous policies of president Jonathan's lead administration, to the length that their own regional fellows are being addressed as betrayers just because they are not from the same philosophical schools of thoughts, even my elder brother do call me sometimes a traitor just because I acquired the Yoruba political philosophy.

I am an Urhobo by tribe but my elder sibling sees me as Itsekiri because the Itsekiri shared the political philosophy
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by PointB: 5:21pm On Oct 04, 2013
Omen100: The worst of it all is the unseen physical battles being fought between the Igbos + Ijaws against any other tribes who speaks against the erroneous policies of president Jonathan's lead administration, to the length that their own regional fellows are being addressed as betrayers just because they are not from the same philosophical schools of thoughts, even my elder brother do call me sometimes a traitor just because I acquired the Yoruba political philosophy.

I am an Urhobo by tribe but my elder sibling sees me as Itsekiri because the Itsekiri shared the political philosophy

What crap is this one yapping about? What has Itsekiri, Urhobo and Igbo got to do with Nigerians 'insensitivity' to people who died trying to ferry the dead in a chartered aircraft? Must everything be seen from tribal lens?

Abeg park somewhere!
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by theoctopus: 5:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
PointB: Bluntly speaking, if they could afford a chartered craft to ferry the dead, they should have at least gone for pretty better one.
It's sad that Nigerian, and perhaps one or more who had nothing to do with the dead were caught up in the tragic incident. May they rest in peace!

The 'coldness' or indifference with which certain tragedies (especially of the rich) is viewed, is far dissociated with poverty, but rather due falling premium placed on (Nigerian) lives occasioned by impunity which mass murderers (especially Islamists, Jihadists, Boko Haram, Kidnappers, Militants. etc) have been left to run rampage for a very long time. Unraveling violent crimes, and punishing murderers and there sponsors - with capital punishment, and generally stemming the atmosphere of impunity for murders will go along way into addressing this indifference we associate with tragic deaths.

As per the argument that the gulf between the rich and poor is widening, more evidence is needed to support it. As contrary to the Op's submission, this gulf is actually shrinking as the Nigeria middle class (the bridge between the rich and poor) is actually growing. The growing number of social network users, is actually an indicator of this growth, not a sign of widening gap. A quick search for Nigeria middle class churned out the attached page:

You know these guys like to throw fake statistics around and they always dwell on the negative because it gives them an escape route for their failures. For example, compare and contrast the following statements

1. Nigeria has about 160 million population but

2. They say 80% of Nigerians live on 1 dollar a day

3. Nigeria has over 110 million active telephone lines

4. Over 50 million Nigerians have Internet access via their phones

5. Nigerians spend over 5 billion daily on recharge cards.

6. Nigerian urban cities like Abuja, Lagos and PH are expanding astronomically. Lagos has practically merged with Ogun. (Maybe our politicians are the ones living in all the new houses being built! grin)

So who are these people on less than a dollar a day?
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by PointB: 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2013
theoctopus:

You know these guys like to throw fake statistics around and they always dwell on the negative because it gives them an escape route for their failures. For example, compare and contrast the following statements

6. Nigerian urban cities like Abuja, Lagos and PH are expanding astronomically. Lagos has practically merged with Ogun. (Maybe our politicians are the ones living in all the new houses being built! grin)

My guy, It's all part of the conspiracy of hypocrisy and insincerity aimed at calling a dog a bad name in order to hang it. Many young Nigerians are having some of the best times of their lives, but these scheming and angry ones will rather have us believe otherwise, albeit with no evidence to support it, other than some questionable 'anecdotal' evidence and hasty generalization.
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by ballabriggs: 5:34pm On Oct 04, 2013
GustavoFring:

You are clearly a joker.

Even When William and Kate got married, there where street parties all over the UK. You clearly know nothing about Britain except the road to the local ladbrokes judging by your username. undecided

I dont wish to derail this thread, so let's leave it at that. wink

That some people go on the streets to have their parties does not make it the wedding ceremony. If you have a video of Kate's reception where there was a wild party like we have in Nigeria, please show or close your mouth. A typical British wedding like I said is very formal made up of speeches from the beginning till the end.
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 04, 2013
ballabriggs:

That some people go on the streets to have their parties does not make it the wedding ceremony. If you have a video of Kate's reception where there was a wild party like we have in Nigeria, please show or close your mouth. A typical British wedding like I said is very formal made up of speeches from the beginning till the end.

Stop being silly. How many weddings have you attended to decide what a 'typical' wedding is? There are over 200 tribes in Nigeria with different customs when it comes to Marriage.

No two weddings are the same. Not everybody plans an Owambe with their weddings. Not all brits have very formal weddings. Your sweeping generalisations are making you look daft.

Enough of this nonsense and stick to the topic- this is not a thread for wedding planners.

Thanks for your compliance.
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by ballabriggs: 5:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
theoctopus:

You see the type of thing making your manhood stand. I reasonable societies, people talk about access to quality education and health. People talk about eemployment and unemployment and industrial capacity utilization. People talk about access to an efficient transport system. People talk about food security. People talk about the rate of technical change and innovation. People talk about level of competitiveness.

Meanwhile, yours is recharge card. Recharge card as that is your level of thought. MUHEHEHEHEHE Animals

2 Likes

Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by ballabriggs: 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
GustavoFring:

Stop being silly. How many weddings have you attended to decide what a 'typical' wedding is? There are over 200 tribes in Nigeria with different customs when it comes to Marriage.

No two weddings are the same. Not everybody plans an Owambe with their weddings. Not all brits have very formal weddings. Your sweeping generalisations are making you look daft.

Enough of this nonsense and stick to the topic- this is not a thread for wedding planners.

You are ignorant, ignorant by a large extent. If you were intelligent enough, you will see my emphasis on a typical British wedding. I don't care what that marriage by contract you attended lookeed like. My talk here is about a typical traditional setting in Britain which is formal and far away from what a typical African will like his wedding to be. So shift if you have nothing to say biko.
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
GustavoFring:

LOL! grin
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
ballabriggs:

You are ignorant, ignorant by a large extent. If you were intelligent enough, you will see my emphasis on a typical British wedding. I don't care what that marriage by contract you attended lookeed like. My talk here is about a typical traditional setting in Britain which is formal and far away from what a typical African will like his wedding to be. So shift if you have nothing to say biko.

Thanks for your contribution. smiley
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by Omen100(m): 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2013
PointB:

What crap is this one yapping about? What has Itsekiri, Urhobo and Igbo got to do with Nigerians 'insensitivity' to people who died trying to ferry the dead in a chartered aircraft? Must everything be seen from tribal lens?

Abeg park somewhere!

look yourself in the mirror & say the truth to yourself, the issue being talked about here is far beyond the " ferrying of a dead corpse in a chartered aircraft which crashed & lead to more dead corpses, the issue being discussed its about Nigerians becoming heartless to their fellow countrymen & you pointb, theoctopus, insincere 9igerian & their likes are just so predictable, like I have rightly said, Nigeria is what it is today because of the government of the day.

Nigerians, imagined the kind of humans our president has surrender himself with, you guys are the swines who are feeding the president with falsehoods
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by bloggernaija: 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
Why will they not be angry?
Why won't they lack compassion?
Some months ago,they were throwing a party in aso rock just a few hours after Boko haram had finished bludgeoning innocent people.

1 Like

Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by maclatunji: 10:07pm On Oct 04, 2013
theoctopus: The @op is wrong. Nigerians are insentitive people. It is not a result of what they feel politicians have done to them. In fact, it is the other way around. It is because of their insensitivity that politicians could do such damage over a 40 year period. Starting from our streets, no one cares for the other person. Especially in urban cities like Lagos or PH. If you ask people on your street to come out so you all go and besiege the PHCN office to handle a transformer problem, no one will come out. When there is a national disaster and hundreds of lives are lost, people feel little or no remorse. They just say eyah, and continue with their jobs and beer parlor things. In other countries I have been to, people mourn for days on their own when they see such disasters. One simple thing that will tell you that Nigerians are insensitive people is this: Nigeria is the only country I know, where people drink and eat and celebrate when someone dies. Burial ceremonies are always a solemn thing everywhere in the world, but in Nigeria, people drink themselves to stupor and dance like its a birthday bash.

I find it a little disturbing that we have lost our values in Nigeria but everyone wants to lay the blame on politicians. Politicians themselves are simply fellow Nigerians who also have the same crooked value system like the rest of us, including everyone on this thread! The false claim that every politician is a child of the rich is always laughable. 70% of politicians I know came from poor backgrounds. They have become as corrupt and sometimes even more wicked, than politicians from rich homes. We all need to look hard into the mirror. Until we all accept that we are the problem, it will never change. The corruption on NL alone is a proof
of my position

In essence, you would blame the people rather than the leaders who continually plunder and enrich themselves.
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by theoctopus: 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2013
maclatunji:

In essence, you would blame the people rather than the leaders who continually plunder and enrich themselves.

The first error of your statement is that you think the people and the leaders are different. Until you hit yourself in the head with a mace and wake up from that sleeping position, you will never make progress! Nigeria has never being ruled by a foreigner since 1960!
Re: On the Dangerous Gulf Emerging Amongst Nigerians by maclatunji: 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
theoctopus:

The first error of your statement is that you think the people and the leaders are different. Until you hit yourself in the head with a mace and wake up from that sleeping position, you will never make progress! Nigeria has never being ruled by a foreigner since 1960!

To whom much is given, much is expected. Like Atiku Abubakar said: "A fish starts to rot from the head."

By the way, your point about Nigeria never been ruled by foreigners is obtuse.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk / This Is Why Biafrans Are Leaving Ndu_chuks And Junaid Muhammed / Brave Nigerians Gather Here Lets Find The Chibok Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.