Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS (32124 Views)

Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS / HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by AsAPRocky: 11:42pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pvt_Parts:

may god punish ur anus with a new strain of aids.

Hahah
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by manny4life(m): 11:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
A$AP Rocky:
Why did you quote me 5points, wtf is going on?!

Dude needs serious help, like I'm done responding to all the fuckery going on here...
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by AsAPRocky: 11:44pm On Oct 06, 2013
manny4life:

Dude needs serious help, like I'm done responding to all the fuckery going on here...

Idek what's going on lol, this forum is really weird, I might lurk for a bit then decide if I should continue visiting
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
manny4life:

I know what and who I am? Really?

I'm done... Yall can beat it.

This is the funniest I've seen on NL.

Where were you when I was being attacked and even when I ignored? Now I fired back, it's that I know who I am... cool cool
Who the hell got Manny so frustrated that he decided to chicken out like a 2 year old boy?Manny,truth be told,you know what and who u really are..So,i ask again,do you need help..dont be shy boy..its for your own good.okay?
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 06, 2013
manny4life:

I'm not here to prove anyone right or wrong, don't get it twisted.

There are bickering that I don't have time for, and unfortunately, I indulged in this stupidity in the first place with less than five comments after my last exchange with Pvt_Parts before you called me a hypocrite.
You keep on doing the same thing on and on.Manny,is everything ok?are u alright?pls let me know..dont be a shy boy.okay?
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 07, 2013
PvtParts: there are alot of gay men who seek castration.

shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by elrony(m): 12:28am On Oct 07, 2013
Perversion at its peak!!!! shocked
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by gal10(f): 12:51am On Oct 07, 2013
Baybe: Nawa oh shockedshocked

Trouble dey sleep Iyanya go wake am.
babye i don't get d iyanya connection
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by ebode(m): 5:27am On Oct 07, 2013
all the yeye gay pple again. With no apology. angry
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 6:01am On Oct 07, 2013
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 07, 2013
Pvt_Parts:

apart from stds gay men suffer alot of physical and mental problems one of which is havin to wear a diaper because they cant hold their sh1t back

Lol so now you're gonna teach us about our lives? If you wanna get info, have a civil conversation with a gay person. That way you'd learn about their lives, and not just believing anything you see on the internet.

1 Like

Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 07, 2013
Pvt_Parts:

apart from stds gay men suffer alot of physical and mental problems one of which is havin to wear a diaper because they cant hold their sh1t back

Lol so now you're gonna teach us about our lives? If you wanna get info, have a civil conversation with a gay person. That way you'd learn about their lives, and not just believing anything you see on the internet. Diaper indeed.
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 07, 2013
5points:
dude, so u know the terms used? Come on, tell us your last bf's name, how many rounds does he go on you?
Which hotel do u guys use?
Dude, your post is the gayest so far. Deal with it

Lol I deliberately ignored that. Some indirect confession.
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Chrixtopha(m): 6:31am On Oct 07, 2013
Please who is discouraging this unnecessary and mistakenly creatures... Allow them to continue and exterminate to extinction... They don't deserve to be partakers of this earth... They should continue and be cleared off from the surface of this mother earth

1 Like

Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 07, 2013
gal10: babye i don't get d iyanya connection
gringrin No mind me oo

It's all part of sarcasm.
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 07, 2013
Pvt_Parts:

may god punish ur anus with a new strain of aids.
hear out yourself. How old are you? Mansucker
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by vicdall(f): 8:18am On Oct 07, 2013
:-Xhmm! O chim
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 07, 2013
5points:
hear out yourself. How old are you? Mansucker

some jada fire for you

fagg0t

Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Situation: 8:28am On Oct 07, 2013
*choking*
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Situation: 8:28am On Oct 07, 2013
Buaaahhh!! *fainted* laffin cord disconnected..weerey re ooo
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Sike(m): 9:03am On Oct 07, 2013
Psycho-pathetic. sad
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by lukasbaker(m): 9:27am On Oct 07, 2013
whites are the most foolish pipo in dis world.i tell u black is betta than whites mostly dis stupid white of american were there is no limitation to any tin.imagin happy looking for somebody to give aids...
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 07, 2013
These are some deeply troubled, attention seeking, low self esteem folk! What rubbish!
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by NatureJay(m): 11:17am On Oct 07, 2013
And we still think the black man is crazy
#shaking ma head#
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Tinyemeka(m): 11:53am On Oct 07, 2013
SimonAndal:
Sometimes I tie my feet together while in the bathtub and pretend I'm a merman. Other times I go to a bug-chasing party and pretend to be an anthropologist.
Telling who?
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by dominique(f): 12:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
sofa-dj:
I'm not surprised by this. This is only present in developed countries where there is advanced healthcare reforms and policies. The life expectancy of a person living with HIV and another living without it is currently the same in the United States. So getting infected with HIV there is just like getting a tattoo.

True, in this part of the world, the stigma kills them before the disease does.
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by baba11(m): 7:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
o ga oooooooh!
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 08, 2013
justirich: "Bug chasing” is a term used to describe a person who pursues sex with an HIV-infected individual. It is classified as a form of self-harm and has been reported in gay communities. In some cases, people seek out AIDS in order to fit in, please a sexual partner, or simply for thrills. To date, it is not fully understood why people do this or how to prevent it.

In 2009, Rolling Stone Magazine published an article that suggested gay and bisexual men were actively seeking partners with HIV in order get the disease. The article described the practice as being “intensely erotic” and the “ultimate taboo and most extreme sex act left.” However, the same article has been criticized for glamorizing the subject. According to the magazine, 25 percent of all new, gay male infections in the United States may be due to bug chasing. However, the actual percentage is probably around 1–2 percent.

In the last couple years, the practice of bug chasing has started to spread over social networking and been reported by the media. Some people have even claimed that HIV will give them a better quality of life because of the medication. One individual, Nick, is quoted on Facebook: “Tested positive on 21st September and totally loving it! Wanna share with any chasers, CD4 is 971, VL 100,000 – nice and toxic!”

Simon Prytherch, of the Elton John Aids Foundation has tried to educate people on bug chasing and said: “This practice is very scary and highly irresponsible. What we are seeing are cases of treatment failure and then rapid decline in health.” Despite the danger, people continue to seek AIDS in certain situations. A bug party is an event that involves a large collection of HIV-positive men having intercourse with one uninfected man, or a large collection of clean individuals and one HIV-positive man. Dr. Gerald Schoenewolf has said of bug chasers: “They want to feel accepted and a part of something.”
This is really bizarre and pathetic.
http://www.knowledgenuts.com/2013/10/04/the-bug-chasers-who-actually-want-to-get-hivaids/

I am enlightened.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg / Baby With 2 Heads Survives Risky Surgery In Afghanistan (PHOTOS) / Vaginal Discharge: How To Tell If It’s Normal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.