Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,328 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS (32103 Views)

Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS / HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 04, 2013
"Bug chasing” is a term used to describe a person who pursues sex with an HIV-infected individual. It is classified as a form of self-harm and has been reported in gay communities. In some cases, people seek out AIDS in order to fit in, please a sexual partner, or simply for thrills. To date, it is not fully understood why people do this or how to prevent it.

In 2009, Rolling Stone Magazine published an article that suggested gay and bisexual men were actively seeking partners with HIV in order get the disease. The article described the practice as being “intensely erotic” and the “ultimate taboo and most extreme sex act left.” However, the same article has been criticized for glamorizing the subject. According to the magazine, 25 percent of all new, gay male infections in the United States may be due to bug chasing. However, the actual percentage is probably around 1–2 percent.

In the last couple years, the practice of bug chasing has started to spread over social networking and been reported by the media. Some people have even claimed that HIV will give them a better quality of life because of the medication. One individual, Nick, is quoted on Facebook: “Tested positive on 21st September and totally loving it! Wanna share with any chasers, CD4 is 971, VL 100,000 – nice and toxic!”

Simon Prytherch, of the Elton John Aids Foundation has tried to educate people on bug chasing and said: “This practice is very scary and highly irresponsible. What we are seeing are cases of treatment failure and then rapid decline in health.” Despite the danger, people continue to seek AIDS in certain situations. A bug party is an event that involves a large collection of HIV-positive men having intercourse with one uninfected man, or a large collection of clean individuals and one HIV-positive man. Dr. Gerald Schoenewolf has said of bug chasers: “They want to feel accepted and a part of something.”
This is really bizarre and pathetic.
http://www.knowledgenuts.com/2013/10/04/the-bug-chasers-who-actually-want-to-get-hivaids/

1 Like

Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
Talk about creepy and unbelievable. shocked

. . .but of course, if you've heard of people injecting themselves with gasoline and what not, you won't be very surprised. Weird world we live in. I suppose relocate go mars - but not for this US Shutdown wey affect NASA's launch. sad

3 Likes

Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by dominique(f): 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
I don't think we can have any of such people in this part of the world.

1 Like

Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Lagusta(m): 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
Aren't we really in the end of days Jokes apart....

I still can't think of how someone wants to get infected with HIV, haven't they seen pictures and videos of patients with stage III/ IV AIDS??

Someone still posted how happy he was testing positive on Facebook.......

Na Wa ooooooooo

6 Likes

Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 06, 2013
Nawa oh shockedshocked

Trouble dey sleep Iyanya go wake am.

9 Likes

Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by iykemoney90(m): 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
Crazy world...wat more can I say...
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Fresia01(f): 5:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
Mayb they dnt get stigmatized. Cuz if they do, they wudnt be chasing HIV/AIDS. CORrect naija guy no fit try abi u no dey c wetin d sup wit people wey carry am! Joor!
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Caracta(f): 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
For real? shocked

I think they have deep issues.

2 Likes

Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by manny4life(m): 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
Hmm, this applies to women

Women since you don't know if your man is doing it with another man "unwrapped", to avoid cathing this bug, wrap yourself.

This is stupidity at it's peak, this is health risk perversion, if there's anything like that.

Chineke ekwekwana ife ojoo.. tufia

2 Likes

Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2013

Sometimes I tie my feet together while in the bathtub and pretend I'm a merman. Other times I go to a bug-chasing party and pretend to be an anthropologist.

8 Likes

Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Godwinsilas(m): 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
Good for them.

1 Like

Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by smokeydrinky: 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
the end is here
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by princeobalola: 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
Really, unbelievable.
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by jtchukwu: 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
what a world, really bizarrre.
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Decryptor(m): 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
Let them come down to Abuja and pay me well nah. I go carry them go AIDS ward of University of Abuja Teaching Hospital to show them willing donors. Yeye D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ smell!
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
The world is finally coming to an end.
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Teegurlee(f): 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
Weird
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by blueheart(m): 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
Speechless. shocked Death wish
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by yuncka: 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
Wel, wen somone starts using his anus 4 sex, its obvios d brain has been relocated 2 d armpit...... So dis is part of d symptoms of such brain shift and its just d beginin of d end.

38 Likes

Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by AbuMikey(m): 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
#sigh!

Shitty thread with Shitty meaning all because of shiity beings whith shitty brains in their shitty anus! angry

2 Likes

Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by princemolak(m): 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2013
madness at work
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
Lagusta: Aren't we really in the end of days Jokes apart....

I still can't think of how someone wants to get infected with HIV, haven't they seen pictures and videos of patients with stage III/ IV AIDS??

Someone still posted how happy he was testing positive on Facebook.......

Na Wa ooooooooo
Anti-retrovirals are readily available over there and they are also cheaper. Which means that HIV positive patients might even look healthier than the negative ones.

2 Likes

Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by odyx: 5:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
The ways of men or becoming more scary on earth. This is purely signs of end time.
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by luvablesam(m): 5:21pm On Oct 06, 2013
dominique: I don't think we can have any of such people in this part of the world.

That's what we said ten yrs ago about suicide bombing not been possible in Niaja. Today what do we av?

12 Likes

Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by manny4life(m): 5:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
Baybe: Anti-retrovirals are readily available over there and they are also cheaper. Which means that HIV positive patients might even look healthier than the negative ones.

True that, but there's a stigma for Poz patients, so if I ask someone, are you Hiv neg? What will be the response? NO... I will run faster than my shadow... Oso g'eme grin grin grin
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by jalay(m): 5:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
Nthg wey person no go hear or see 4 dis world, so so palava
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by yungdamaz(m): 5:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
xo devilish......End tym tinz cry
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by judgesam1: 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2013
Why will a person deliberately try 2 chase 4 death? End-tym tins....lol
Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by ACM10: 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
embarassed

1 Like

Re: 'Bug-Chasers' - People Trying To Catch HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
Na wa ooo

Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Marriage Between "aa" And "ss", "as" And Ss. (wat's The Product) / No Amount Of Alcohol Use Is Safe, New Studies Finds - Bloomberg / Vaginal Discharge: How To Tell If It’s Normal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.