Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,056 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? (5822 Views)

Poll: Is abortion the same as murder? Is abortion forgivable?

Murder but forgivable: 61% (19 votes)
Murder and unforgivable: 12% (4 votes)
Not Murder: 25% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses / Is Abortion Murder? / Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by noetic(m): 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2008
Considering the conversant feminist opinion that men who have murdered, raped and had one nasty past or the other do not deserve forgiveness as expressed here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-146381.0.html and in other similar threads.
they reckon that a man who has commited the above crime no matter how long ago, should still be handed over to the authourities, without a second chance.

thus the question. Is abortion the same as murder? and if u realise that your spouse has a past of abortion, which u later got to find out, will u forgive? and do consider such abortionists as muderers, wicked and callous?

kudos to sista jay
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 29, 2008
it's murder i believe
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Mesmerize(f): 5:12pm On Jun 29, 2008
It depends on the situation. . sometimes you might not be able to help it.
Either if the baby is diagnosed to have genetic diseases or maybe the baby is a result of rape.
But still, I think abortion is a kinder, more forgivable word for murder. . .
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by noetic(m): 5:20pm On Jun 29, 2008
Mesmerize:

It depends on the situation. . sometimes you might not be able to help it.
Either if the baby is diagnosed to have genetic diseases or maybe the baby is a result of rape.
But still, I think abortion is a kinder, more forgivable word for murder. . .

there are immediate medications for rape victims to avoid pregnancy. if the victim carelessly allows the foetus to grow, then that does not call for abortion.
and why is this form of murder forgivable? u said this in the Love and Crime thread about a spouse that commits murder in the past
[Quote]
Yes, I'll divorce him and tell the cops. It's either him spending time or me getting shut up in my sleep Lips sealed
[/quote]
pls justify y abortion is forgivable and murder is not?
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by syren: 5:26pm On Jun 29, 2008
abortion is murder full stop. It's about motive aswell, maybe there was a good reason to have the abortion like Mes said already but there is hardly a way to justify murder unless it was self defence. cool
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Mesmerize(f): 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2008
noetic:

there are immediate medications for rape victims to avoid pregnancy. if the victim carelessly allows the fetus to grow, then that does not call for abortion.
and why is this form of murder forgivable? u said this in the Love and Crime thread about a spouse that commits murder in the past
Some victims fear telling their parents or others abt the event that occurred. Some even go into withdrawal and depression. You would not xpect the person that keeps insisting to herself that the event did not happen or maybe she's trying to protect someone, to go and report to the police that rape occurred, much less going to her doctor to get the medication to avoid the pregnancy from progressing.

Well, I think it's forgivable because most abortion does not warrant a person's arrest. You can't say oh, am going to "abort" my baby, hope the police does not find out or find me! It's a legal murder.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by ima1(f): 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2008
yes it is murder, but forgivable in situations when the girl was raped and she got pregnant. but when such act is intentional then it shouldn't be forgivable, thats why they pay for it in the future when they end up not being able to have babies.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Mesmerize(f): 5:38pm On Jun 29, 2008
ima1:

yes it is murder, but forgivable in situations when the girl was raped and she got pregnant. but when such act is intentional then it shouldn't be forgivable, thats why they pay for it in the future when they end up not being able to have babies.
100% agree
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by noetic(m): 5:39pm On Jun 29, 2008
Mesmerize:

Some victims fear telling their parents or others about the event that occurred. Some even go into withdrawal and depression. You would not xpect the person that keeps insisting to herself that the event did not happen or maybe she's trying to protect someone, to go and report to the police that rape occurred, much less going to her doctor to get the medication to avoid the pregnancy from progressing.
[/Quote]
so u r saying it is safer to abort a developing foetus than to proceed for medication to prevent the foetus from developing at all.
u also mentioned protecting someone.
y would u protect someone that wickedly raped you and then report someone whom u r married to but has a rapist past to the police? i dont understand.

[Quote]
Well, I think it's forgivable because most abortion does not warrant a person's arrest. You can't say oh, am going to "abort" my baby, hope the police does not find out or find me! It's a legal murder.
u cant justify the reason y it is forgivable. i guess u r only sentimental cos its a feminine crime.
abortion is a criminal offence in certain countries, it is only unfortunate that it is a non-issue in nigeria.

none the less, it is a moral crime against humanity. whatever makes murder and rape unforgivable also makes abortion unforgivable regardless of the reason.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by noetic(m): 5:40pm On Jun 29, 2008
ima1:

not all of them. abortion should b a capital crime like murder.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Mesmerize(f): 5:45pm On Jun 29, 2008
noetic:

so you're saying it is safer to abort a developing foetus than to proceed for medication to prevent the foetus from developing at all.
u also mentioned protecting someone.
y would u protect someone that wickedly raped you and then report someone whom you're married to but has a rapist past to the police? i don't understand.
hahha!! No, am saying in some cases abortion is forgivable, and in other cases, it's just plain murder.
As ima1 clearly stated.
You never heard of father raping their children? If the child loved the father, dnt you think she'll try to protect him. Or maybe her family depends on that man and they're insisting she keeps it a secret. Later on, they tell her to abort the baby. Wouldn't she be the innocent one in this case? Did she want the baby? did she begged to be raped?

noetic:

u can't justify the reason y it is forgivable. i guess you're only sentimental because its a feminine crime.
abortion is a criminal offence in certain countries, it is only unfortunate that it is a non-issue in nigeria.

none the less, it is a moral crime against humanity. whatever makes murder and rape unforgivable also makes abortion unforgivable regardless of the reason.
Ha!!!! dnt get Nigeria into this, that country is in its own dimension! They'll rather want to deal with cross dressers and homosexuality, rather than deal with serious health problems.

Yes, abortion is moral against humanity, it's murder. In some cases, one has to understand that there are sometimes no options for the woman but to abort the baby.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by TOH(f): 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2008
capital punishment?

Is this a joke?

Funny how the same people who looked down at single parents esp single mothers are the same one screaming "abortion is murder!"

Abeg go and sit down
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by ima1(f): 5:47pm On Jun 29, 2008
noetic:

when the act is intentional then it should be a capital crime cuz it is murder, but it should also be forgivable in some cases. but most abortion cases are related to the man denying his kid and ruining the girls life after not practicing safe sex, so men are partly to be blamed and should be punished, cuz if you don't want to ruin your life then don't ruin someone else's. cuz the first thing a man suggests when their gfs tell them she is preggo, the say abort it, so they should partly be punished, if determined he is the father of foetus
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by syren: 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2008
noetic:

That's true, it's not a crime yet the government complains that abortion rates are too high.
I think it's because people pay for them, that's why they don't take action. It would also go against the basic human right of freedom of choice, I guess. But either way I agree it should be a crime, unless the baby is a risk to the mother's life or a result of rape/incest.  grin
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Mesmerize(f): 5:50pm On Jun 29, 2008
syren:

That's true, it's not a crime yet the government complains that abortion rates are too high.
[b]I think it's because people pay for them, that's why they don't take action. [/b]It would also go against the basic human right of freedom of choice, I guess. But either way I agree it should be a crime, unless the baby is a risk to the mother's life or a result of rape/incest. grin
rotflmao!!
I believe some ppl do it under roof or maybe they bribed the doctor to do it for them without recording it
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by TOH(f): 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2008
Why are people SO NOSY?

Why do you care if a person decides to abort their own kid? How does it affect YOUR life?

How does one compare first degree murder to abortion? Are you people mentally sound?
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by noetic(m): 5:53pm On Jun 29, 2008
Mesmerize:

Yes, abortion is moral against humanity, it's murder. In some cases, one has to understand that there are sometimes no options for the woman but to abort the baby.
and the only exception should be the case of a genetic disease.

now please give me a reason y i should forgive a spouse who consciously commited abortion?
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by ima1(f): 5:53pm On Jun 29, 2008
murder is still murder no matter how it is done, you know
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by NubianQ(f): 5:54pm On Jun 29, 2008
TOH:

Why are people SO NOSY?

Why do you care if a person decides to abort their own kid? How does it affect YOUR life?

How does one compare first degree murder to abortion? Are you people mentally sound?

Word! wink
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Mesmerize(f): 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2008
TOH,
You just might never know. . ok, they might file abortion illegal, then one day, you might be in that situation and wants to abort the baby. . but then too bad, you can't. let me tell you a little joke.

read this joke :

A rat looked through a crack in the wall to see the farmer and his wife opening a package. What food might it contain? He was aghast to discover that it was a rat trap. Retreating to the farmyard the rat began to proclaim, "There is a rat trap in the house, a rat trap in the house!"

The chicken clucked and scratched and, raising her head, said, "Excuse me, Mr. Rat, I can tell this is a grave concern to you, but it is of no consequence to me. I cannot be bothered by it."

The rat ran to the pig and with a plea in his voice, said, "There is a rat trap in the house, a rat trap in the house!"

"I am so very sorry Mr. Rat," sympathized the pig, "But there is really nothing I can do but pray. Be assured you are in my prayers."

The rat turned to the cow, feeling quite desperate. "Like wow, Mr. Rat," the cow said, "A rat trap. Oh boy, like that really puts me in grave danger."

So the rat, feeling very dejected, returned to the house to face the farmer's rat trap alone. That very night a sound was heard throughout the house, like the sound of a rat trap catching its prey.

The farmer's wife rushed to see what was caught. In the darkness she did not see the venomous snake whose tail the trap had caught, and the snake bit her. The farmer rushed her to the hospital.

The farmer's wife returned home from the hospital with a desperate fever. Now everyone knows you treat a fever with fresh chicken soup, so the farmer took his hatchet to the farmyard for the soup's main ingredient. His wife's sickness continued to worsen, and friends and neighbors came to sit with her around the clock. The farmer, to feed them, had to butcher the pig.

The farmer's wife did not get well. In fact, she died. Many people came for her funeral. So many, in fact, that the farmer had to slaughter the cow to provide enough meat for all of them to eat.

So the next time you hear someone is facing a problem and you think it does not concern you, remember that when there is a rat trap in the house the whole farmyard is at risk.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by noetic(m): 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2008
TOH:

Why are people SO NOSY?

first u dont have to b rude in makin a point.

no one has no right to abort a kid. religious or moral.
that kid has a right to life. he has a destiny and a future.

if there is anytin called first degree murder, then its abortion.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Mesmerize(f): 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2008
noetic:

and the only exception should be the case of a genetic disease.

now please give me a reason y i should forgive a spouse who consciously commited abortion?

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg!! a spouse? when did I mention a spouse? shocked shocked
look here, my friend. . I said sometimes the victim of rape might not want the baby. . therefore she has the right to abort it.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by noetic(m): 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2008
@ Nubian

so abortion is justifiable? because na u get ur womb , abi?

uhmn.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by noetic(m): 5:59pm On Jun 29, 2008
Mesmerize:

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg!! a spouse? when did I mention a spouse? shocked shocked
look here, my friend. . I said sometimes the victim of rape might not want the baby. . therefore she has the right to abort it.
No pls dont get me wrong.

This thread is a continuation of the Love and Crime thread.
if a spouse murderous past should b reported to the cops cos its unforgivable.
Y should a conscious abortionist b forgiven?
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by syren: 5:59pm On Jun 29, 2008
I'm against unnecesary abortions that's why I class it as murder.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Esss(m): 6:01pm On Jun 29, 2008
Abortion is not murder, it's not ruthless, and those who carry out abortions are not callous.

And yes God will forgive you. Infact is it even a sin?? where in the bible did it specify the word "ABORTION is a sin"??

If you dont want it, dont have it.
my opinion.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Mesmerize(f): 6:02pm On Jun 29, 2008
noetic:

No please don't get me wrong.

if a spouse murderous past should b reported to the cops because its unforgivable.

And plz when did I mention that? If she knew what she was doing while sleeping with the guy, if she wanted the sex, that's another problem. She's not a victim, she knew what she was doing so why should her abortion be looked at as forgivable abortion?
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by ima1(f): 6:02pm On Jun 29, 2008
noetic:

No please don't get me wrong.

if a spouse murderous past should b reported to the cops because its unforgivable.

If God is able to forgive then you should be able to forgive a spouse who consiously aborted a baby if you are the husband, but i think for every abortion there is a reason, women can't just go aborting like its a game.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by noetic(m): 6:03pm On Jun 29, 2008
syren:

I'm against unnecesary abortions that's why I class it as murder.
and i would like to tink unneccesary includes just genetic diseases, right?
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by NubianQ(f): 6:03pm On Jun 29, 2008
noetic:

@ Nubian

so abortion is justifiable? because na u get your womb , abi?

uhmn.

you have to read what i agreed to in the first place. she made sense because as much as we condemn it, its something that happens in different circumstances.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by TOH(f): 6:03pm On Jun 29, 2008
noetic:

What difference does it make if teh spouse forgives a murderer husband or wife? The fact remains that person has to answr to the person/FAMILY of the person that he killed. Ever heard of sins of the parents visiting the children? Whether I forgive my husband or not means absolutely NOTHING cos he shouldnt even be looking fotr my forgiveness in the first place.
He should be looking for first God's forgiveness then THAT of those he caused pain in the first place and if those people decide to press charges after it, SO BE IT.

Cant believe you are seriously trying to compare the two. How idiotic.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 29, 2008
thou shalt not abort a baby - if u dont want it shut ur legs.
In the event of rape - abortion is permissible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guys, Would You Let Your Wife Do This To You On Your Wedding Day? / Should I Divorce Her? My Wife Is Dirty And Smells Like Shit!!! / Advise Me Like Your Younger Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.