Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). (2325 Views)

Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? / Camilla Mberekpe’s Confession: Is It African Magic Or Holy Spirit In Action? / Holy Spirit Or Holy Ghost: Which Is Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by Ukutsgp(m): 9:54am On Oct 05, 2013
When u read Genesis 20:1-6, u will find out that Abraham lied that sarah was his sister when sarah was his wife also Isaac also lied that Rebekah was his sister in Genesis 26:6-10 and finally Rahab lied in Joshua 2:1-6. Are all these holy lie or white lie. Can we tell lies at some situations or what?. Ur opinion pls.
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 05, 2013
Ukuts gp: When u read Genesis 20:1-6, u will find out that Abraham lied that sarah was his sister when sarah was his wife also Isaac also lied that Rebekah was his sister in Genesis 26:6-10 and finally Rahab lied in Joshua 2:1-6. Are all these holy lie or white lie. Can we tell lies at some situations or what?. Ur opinion pls.
a lie is a lie, no matter how you try to make it look alright, It's still a lie.
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by ITbomb(m): 10:26am On Oct 05, 2013
ATMC dear , u are needed here .
Remember you lied to me once
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by Ukutsgp(m): 11:02am On Oct 05, 2013
If someone dat is being pursued by killers runs into ur house for his or her dear life and d killers asked you if someone ran into ur house, what will be ur reply? Dont u think dat it will be foolishness to tell the truth at dat moment
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 05, 2013
Ukuts gp: If someone dat is being pursued by killers runs into ur house for his or her dear life and d killers asked you if someone ran into ur house, what will be ur reply? Dont u think dat it will be foolishness to tell the truth at dat moment
to me It's still sin, you did it to save a life, but It's still sin....moses killed someone at his tender age, to protect his people, it looks right, but it was still a sin, same here...
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by mumumugu(m): 11:26am On Oct 05, 2013
Holy theft
holy anger
holy lie
holy slap

yet nobody is holy
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by Ukutsgp(m): 11:30am On Oct 05, 2013
But Rahab lied 2 save d israelite and she was rewarded 4 dat. Is dat not so?
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by ATMC(f): 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2013
ITbomb: ATMC dear , u are needed here .
Remember you lied to me once
where?
@op those pple didnt lie they were siblings actually

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 05, 2013
@OP, there is a level of grace you will not understand..you can ask the COZA Pastor for details.cheesy
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by ITbomb(m): 12:55pm On Oct 05, 2013
^^^ Grace to fvrk ?
I really need that as well .
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by Ukutsgp(m): 1:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
So they are not husband and wife again. Since they ar married d issue of brother and sister is no more. Dnt try 2 paint it ok.
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by Tuntheycr7: 1:05pm On Oct 05, 2013
Elliotwiz1: to me It's still sin, you did it to save a life, but It's still sin....moses killed someone at his tender age, to protect his people, it looks right, but it was still a sin, same here...
Hymmmmm
All of us try or pretend to b holy not untill we are in a circumstances. I bet u if you were d one in questn you wud even swear by d gods and denied it.
Even Peter denied Christ wen he saw death dtz sum1 who dined and wined wt him.
God shud just give us d grace to be steadfast.
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by ITbomb(m): 1:06pm On Oct 05, 2013
ATMC: where?
@op those pple didnt lie they were siblings actually
But when a thread is on , by a brother who wishes to marry his cousin , whom he really love , u people will rain abomination on him
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by ATMC(f): 2:45pm On Oct 05, 2013
ITbomb:
But when a thread is on , by a brother who wishes to marry his cousin , whom he really love , u people will rain abomination on him
who is you people?
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 05, 2013
Tuntheycr7:
Hymmmmm
All of us try or pretend to b holy not untill we are in a circumstances. I bet u if you were d one in questn you wud even swear by d gods and denied it.
Even Peter denied Christ wen he saw death dtz sum1 who dined and wined wt him.
God shud just give us d grace to be steadfast.
the fact that i condemn sin does not mean i'm holy....lying to escape from a situation is still sin, That's the human part of everyone, We're not perfect!
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by Ukutsgp(m): 3:25pm On Oct 05, 2013
In otherwords, Abraham, Isaac and Rahab sinned for lying.
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
Ukuts gp: In otherwords, Abraham, Isaac and Rahab sinned for lying.
yes, they sinned...
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by Ukutsgp(m): 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2013
Listen, supposing Rahab told d men that came 2 look for d israelite men in her house dat she hid them in the roof, she wud hv payed dearly 4 it. It is nt all situation u shud vomit d truth as in her case. D use of ur discretion is required or shud i say common sense?
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ukuts gp: Listen, supposing Rahab told d men that came 2 look for d israelite men in her house dat she hid them in the roof, she wud hv payed dearly 4 it. It is nt all situation u shud vomit d truth as in her case. D use of ur discretion is required or shud i say common sense?
let me tell you this, Jesus Christ is the only perfect man, if you can point out where in the bible Jesus lied, or told a "white lie" as you suppose, I'll accept that There's such...two things exist, It's either the truth or a lie, if It's not a lie then It's the truth...she was originally a sinner, she does not know about God so telling lie to her, was okay.....she was rewarded by men, Joshua gave her his word, that was why God honoured it...if Abraham's lie about his wife was a truth, There would be no need for God to reveal the truth to the king again, because the truth is always what God accepts, but in that case, the real truth was later revealed, and Abraham apologise because he knew he lied....anyway you want to look at it, a lie is a lie.
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by Ukutsgp(m): 11:34am On Oct 10, 2013
So u mean that Rahab should have told the truth that she hid the two israelite in the roof so that they should be killed?
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 11, 2013
Ukuts gp: So u mean that Rahab should have told the truth that she hid the two israelite in the roof so that they should be killed?
it doesn't matter if she had told the truth or a lie,that can't stop God's miracle, imagine this...a boy fornicates and the girl gives birth to a boy who later becomes the president of a great nation....would you say because the son became a great man or prophet, their fornication was not sin?
Re: Is There Anything Like White Or Holy Lie(considering Abraham, Isaac & Rahab). by Ukutsgp(m): 8:22am On Oct 12, 2013
U are nt even telling d truth nw? Rahab simply use her discretion ok.

(1) (Reply)

The Cause Of All Christians Suffering And Affliction. / Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! / Thread For Those That Have Opened Their 6th Chakra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.