Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... (49279 Views)

How Easy Is Life For Nigerians (or Non-eu) In Germany / How's Life For Nigerians In Germany / Spain: How Is Life For Nigerians Over There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Babakenny(m): 6:55pm On Oct 14, 2014
adconline:
Naija mentality of endless argument without backing it up with facts. It's always 2nd or third person Experience .. I know someone that knows someone BS story. It's on US embassy website that you can't change your DOB, but can change your name with court affidavit. Provide something to the contrary. You have nothing to back ur argument up. Just because Naija is peopled by folks who believe that someone can turn to vulture, goat, bird, snake etc doesn't make it right. Just because someone is telling us that he can chage or upgrade our WAEC or JAMB doesn't make it righ. Common senses tells us otherwise, but we would hope for a different outcome.. miracle!

What you know is very limited to wht u dont know. What they were saying is that, you cannot change anything or update anything once your case number is current and has been scheduled for an interview. I knw alot of people who has won this lottery and have to change something or update their data.

Dont be too RIGID in accepting that what we are telling you is correct.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 6:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
Babakenny:
@Onatisi,

Mind you, it's not only Nigerians that reads on Nairaland. So many other nationals learns from this site. So please just listen when people with real life experiences tells you something they've gone thru and succeed.
see this guy who says he is in south africa and is trying to prove superior! I don't need to go low to the extent of telling u where I am. Just show an official link from the usa lottery website that states you can change any information provided after you have won. Your arguements are baseless and yet you keep shouting .
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Babakenny(m): 6:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
onatisi:
abeg keep quiet and stop making a fool of urself ,show us an official link from the us official website that states that you can change ur dob after dv entry submission ?abeg use ur brains naaa . So u mean you can use a different dob on ur passpoort and another on ur normal visa form and tell the VO ,that there was a mistake ? Read through my lines and you will see I gave u first hand experience information of how the thing is done even during dv interview

YOU CAN CHANGE THE DATE OF BIRTH IF YOU MADE A MISTAKE. take it or leave it.
All you need do is to explain during your interview. Habba!!!
If you were to write 12/10/1974 and you wrote 10/12/1974, do you want to tell me that it cannot be corrected? Think man, think!!!

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 7:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
Babakenny:

Let me ask you.. HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED AND WON DV LOTTERY?
HAVE YOU EVER WRITTEN AN EMAIL TO KCC STATING YOUR REASONS OF SOMETHING YOU NEED TO CORRECT?

If you cant answer those questions< then please keep quite and allow people to hear word. Besides, Nigeria is no longer qualify to play. You can play only if you come from an eligible country of which i know you're not. So allow people who want to benefit to do so.
I have played mutiple times! Does that allow me to circumvent the rule?? Common sense tells that you can't change it because it's based on age eligibility. If you are under 18, you are more than likely going to be disqualified because 12-yr of education is a requirement. Changing your DOB would alter your educational xprience.
Married Children or children of above 21 cannot be applied for by their parents. Age eligibility.. If u change your DOB, it would make useless this provision.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2014
Babakenny:

What you know is very limited to wht u dont know. What they were saying is that, you cannot change anything or update anything once your case number is current and has been scheduled for an interview. I knw alot of people who has won this lottery and have to change something or update their data.

Dont be too RIGID in accepting that what we are telling you is correct.
The premise of this discussion is that you can change your DOB after you have won DV Lottery. If u believe so, keep living in fantasyland!

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Babakenny(m): 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2014
onatisi:
see this guy who says he is in south africa and is trying to prove superior! I don't need to go low to the extent of telling u where I am. Just show an official link from the usa lottery website that states you can change any information provided after you have won. Your arguements are baseless and yet you keep shouting .

There is no link, as individual's situation are different. You email KCC about your concerns and they tell you to proceed.

And let me tell you, i live in South Africa and i work here and am also a naturalized South African citizen. I have lived in United States, France and Germany. So what are you trying to tell me about wher you live? What's my business with where you live? Just learn from people and stop being stubborn..

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2014
adconline:
Naija mentality of endless argument without backing it up with facts. It's always 2nd or third person Experience .. I know someone that knows someone BS story. It's on US embassy website that you can't change your DOB, but can change your name with court affidavit. Provide something to the contrary. You have nothing to back ur argument up. Just because Naija is peopled by folks who believe that someone can turn to vulture, goat, bird, snake etc doesn't make it right. Just because someone is telling us that he can chage or upgrade our WAEC or JAMB doesn't make it righ. Common senses tells us otherwise, but we would hope for a different outcome.. miracle!

grin grin grin grin grin so on point!!!

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2014
Babakenny:

YOU CAN CHANGE THE DATE OF BIRTH IF YOU MADE A MISTAKE. take it or leave it.
All you need do is to explain during your interview. Habba!!!
If you were to write 12/10/1974 and you wrote 10/12/1974, do you want to tell me that it cannot be corrected? Think man, think!!!
look the case is simple . Because something is possible doesn't me it is applicable or is allowed . What we are telling u is the rules and regulations of the united states visa application process and dv lottery processing. Yes you can explain to the VO you made a mistake but explaining doesn't mean they will bend their rules for you. What people do in nigeria is the get a new passport and birth certificate to reflect what they have already submitted
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Babakenny(m): 7:08pm On Oct 14, 2014
adconline:

I have played mutiple times! Does that allow me to circumvent the rule?? Common sense tells that you can't change it because it's based on age eligibility. If you are under 18, you are more than likely going to be disqualified because 12-yr of education is a requirement. Changing your DON would alter your educational xprience.
Married Children or children of above 21 cannot be applied for by their parents. Age eligibility.. If u change your DOB, it would make useless this provision.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY CALL DATE OF BIRTH AND YEAR OF BIRTH? If you made a mistake in your date of birth, you can correct it when you're filling your DS 260. You cannot however change your year of birth. I hope you got it?

For example, if you wanted to write 12/10/1974 and you wrote 10/12/1974, you can correct it at the time you're filling your immigrant DS260 form. You cannot however change your year of birth from say 12/10/1974 to 12/10/1983. Hope u got it?
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 7:08pm On Oct 14, 2014
Babakenny:

There is no link, as individual's situation are different. You email KCC about your concerns and they tell you to proceed.

And let me tell you, i live in South Africa and i work here and am also a naturalized South African citizen. I have lived in United States, France and Germany. So what are you trying to tell me about wher you live? What's my business with where you live? Just learn from people and stop being stubborn..
so in the course of moving all about u have seen cases where ppl change dob abi after dv lottery submission? And yet there is nothing to back up ur claim other than a story of someone is sa !well done
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Babakenny(m): 7:10pm On Oct 14, 2014
Anyways, goodnight guys i've got to rest from work.

Hope you continue with ur uneding arguement.

Cheers!!!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 7:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
Babakenny:

DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY CALL DATE OF BIRTH AND YEAR OF BIRTH? If you made a mistake in your date of birth, you can correct it when you're filling your DS 260. You cannot however change your year of birth. I hope you got it?

For example, if you wanted to write 12/10/1974 and you wrote 10/12/1974, you can correct it at the time you're filling your immigrant DS260 form. You cannot however change your year of birth from say 12/10/1974 to 12/10/1983. Hope u got it?
bros why u dey argue like this?how can u say dob is different from year of birth! Haba! Don't u know that year of birth is part of ur dob and the total information of date,month and year is refered to as dob? Have u done online payment and when it gets to payment verification they may ask for dob ,if one is wrong the whole payment won't go through,this ur arguement na wa oooo.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Babakenny(m): 7:14pm On Oct 14, 2014
onatisi:
bros why u dey argue like this?how can u say dob is different from year of birth! Haba! Don't u know that year of birth is part of ur dob and the total information of date,month and year is refered to as dob? Have u done online payment and when it gets to payment verification they may ask for dob ,if one is wrong the whole payment won't go through,this ur arguement na wa oooo.

Am not arguing oooooo. I agree with you in all ramifications. I've got nothing to loose though.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2014
Babakenny:

In a faceless and anonymous forum, your subjective experiences hold no water! Stated rules and procedures far outweigh your experiences and you CAN take them to the bank and cash "em. So I'll take US embassy's advice and position over urs. You keep shift the goal post. This discussion has always been about DOB; which includes year of birth. I don't know where u got your year of birth.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Babakenny(m): 7:28pm On Oct 14, 2014
adconline:

In a faceless and anonymous forum, your subjective experiences hold no water! Stated rules and procedures far outweigh your experiences and you CAN take them to the bank and cash "em. So I'll take US embassy's advice and position over urs. You keep shift the goal post. This discussion has always been about DOB; which includes year of birth. I don't know where u got your year of birth.

Do what you have to do. I don't have a problem with lottery. One thing is, its good to be a US Citizen, and even though I have a 10yr multiple US visa, I still desire to be a citizen thru DV lottery. I mean, its a free gift and one have nothing to loose by playing.
So wena, eat, sleep and think DV lottery. Me, I can enter and leave US anyday, anytime I wish to. Chikena!!!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 7:32pm On Oct 14, 2014
Babakenny:

Do what you have to do. I don't have a problem with lottery. One thing is, its good to be a US Citizen, and even though I have a 10yr multiple US visa, I still desire to be a citizen thru DV lottery. I mean, its a free gift and one have nothing to loose by playing.
So wena, eat, sleep and think DV lottery. Me, I can enter and leave US anyday, anytime I wish to. Chikena!!!
the us citizenship you are craving for is what many people are dropping everday and renouncing. You still have a lot to see and learn . The way you are even arguing I doubt it if u have even been to the states ,because if you have you will not attach too much importance to it as you are doing
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 7:34pm On Oct 14, 2014
Gbabe2:

Its so sad when you read some stuffs and people display their ignorance.
You cant change your DOB through KCC or at the embassy and scale through the lottery process.Never!!!!Someone can get some of your information thru the year book and apply for you but i am so sure that the person will give you all those information which can either enable you to adjust to whatever details he might have used earlier. Guys, JB will not tell you guys in details what actually hapenned but his story can be genuine. Quote my anywhere, DOB is one of the most important safeguard built around the lotterry process by (KCC).
I was also a lottery winner and i know what i am saying.
You are wrong for saying NEVER!!!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 7:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
Gbabe2:
Justwise......... Its true scanned pictures does not retain the quality but that was what i used for my wifes application. I even used the one she took four years earlier. but that DOB change as a primary applicant...... i doubt it as well

Justwise hope your clear on the photobook stuff? please don't argue what you don't know
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
Justwise hope your clear on the photobook stuff? please don't argue what you don't know

No i don't, dude i told you to move on, i don't buy your line of story.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 7:47pm On Oct 14, 2014
Gbabe2:

Abi now..... i wonder how all of a sudden you forgot your DOB.

Not necessarily forgetfulness! most times its just honest mistake from applicants or sometimes agent! KCC understands this mistakes and they tell you to correct it with ds 230 and 122 forms respectively without problems

I repeat you can NEVER be penalized for wrong DOB at the initial entry!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 7:52pm On Oct 14, 2014
Gbabe2:
But not DOB. If you do as a primary applicant....... i am sure that person wont scale through.
Absolutely wrong! i know someone with wrong DOB 1974 and corrected it to 1984 before interview! Got his visa approved without stress! right now he is chilling in Texas! matter of fact we spoke 3days ago...TRUTH!!!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 7:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
Absolutely wrong! i know someone with wrong DOB 1974 and corrected it to 1984 before interview! Got his visa approved without stress! right now he is chilling in Texas! matter of fact we spoke 3days ago...TRUTH!!!
stop saying this things it is becoming wholesome annoying and just sit down and take ur time to read through the link I am posting now. www.dv-lottery.org/application-error
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
Errors in Application
Correcting the errors in the E-DV
application form is not allowed once it
is submitted. We get emails from
people asking "how can I correct the
error in the submitted E-DV online
application form of the DV Lottery
now?". For them following is the
answer. Error Correction of the
names, date of birth and change of
addresses in the submitted E-DV
entry form can't be allowed now. Also
the address you entered in the E-DV
entry form too can't be changed to
another one.
Before you start entering your details
in the E-DV application form online,
you must understand that you are in
the process of applying for an
Immigrant visa. Therefore all the
information you are giving must be
perfect and 100% true.
So it is your duty to check the
information in the application form
for spelling error in your name, your
spouse name and children names
before you submit the online
application form.
Check the date of birth for you and all
persons in the entry as you can make
selection mistake in the day, month
and year. When entering the birth
city you must take care to give the
correct one with correct spelling for
you and to others if you have any
dependants. When selecting the birth
country clearly bring the country
name in position.
Also check carefully how you are
selecting the eligibility country name.
When you are going to enter the
address of yourself you must decide
first whether you will stay in the
address in the coming May to July
month period. Because around this
period the selection notifications may
be sent by postal mail to the given
addresses as in the entry forms of
the DV Lottery applicants.
Also in the DV Lottery application
form there is a field for your email
address but don't expect them to
notify you about your selection for
the program through the email.
If you feel that your country postal
service is not good, then you can use
a friend's or relative's address in
another country. So if you are
intended to use another person's
address who is living in another
country, don't forget to inform them
that you are using their address.
If you have already made an error
and you are selected for the
program, then the consular officer
who is going to interview will decide
about it on the day of the interview.
Some time if the KCC finds out that
your online submitted entry details
didn't match with your details in the
visa application form, you may not
get the visa interview letter.
So double check everything in the
application form before you submit it.
According to the rules you can't
blame someone else for the mistakes
or errors in your submitted entry.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Babakenny(m): 7:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
onatisi:
the us citizenship you are craving for is what many people are dropping everday and renouncing. You still have a lot to see and learn . The way you are even arguing I doubt it if u have even been to the states ,because if you have you will not attach too much importance to it as you are doing

You need to be in US to actually know how important and sweet to be a US citizen. I want to be a US citizen for the fun of it. I have lived in US and so I know wht am saying. Take it or leave it, I can become a US citizens by living in US for some years, but my job is paying me more than wht I can get there. Its people like you that needs the visa badly. I have a 10yr visa that I only use 7times with 8yrs validity still left. So now?

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Gbabe2: 7:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
Jigga 40, Can you read and comprehend what i wrote in my post?

They wont ask you not to adjust your DOB but their system is there to stop you and use your application fee to plant flowers.
I thought you said you just won the lottery yourself. There are some mistakes that are pardonable and while others are not.
Also, bear it in mind that most times these folks see us as fraud except proven otherwise. Why is it that when applicants adjust their status to include their spouses, they tend to grill them? Your DOB change is enough reason to deny applicants bro. We are talking to about lottery bro.

Back to the original topic/ post.
Nice write up. Relocating to another environment is not always fun. new experience, different culture, learning new things everyday, challenges and pressures of changing your job etc but if you are focused and positive minded, you can cross the hurdle.

jigga40:
You are wrong for saying NEVER!!!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 8:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
onatisi:
stop saying this things it is becoming wholesome annoying and just sit down and take ur time to read through the link I am posting now. www.dv-lottery.org/application-error
I should stop saying what i KNOW,WITNESSED AND CONFIRMED?? you baffle me mehn!!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 8:04pm On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
I should stop saying what i KNOW,WITNESSED AND CONFIRMED?? you baffle me mehn!!
even after I posted a link to dispute what u earlier said? I am not against u just trying to correct ur notion or stand so that u won't make a mistake in a visa form and believe u can just tell the VO that it was a mistake ,most especially a dob ,they won't take that shit.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 8:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
Babakenny:

I have no problem with US citizenship either. I'm a global citizen! I land and take off as if I'm in the airforce.. I'm just merely stating the obvious

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 8:13pm On Oct 14, 2014
Gbabe2:

Jigga 40, Can you read and comprehend what i wrote in my post?

They wont ask you not to adjust your DOB but their system is there to stop you and use your application fee to plant flowers.
I thought you said you just won the lottery yourself. There are some mistakes that are pardonable and while others are not.
Also, bear it in mind that most times these folks see us as fraud except proven otherwise. Why is it that when applicants adjust their status to include their spouses, they tend to grill them? Your DOB change is enough reason to deny applicants bro. We are talking to about lottery bro.

Back to the original topic/ post.
Nice write up. Relocating to another environment is not always fun. new experience, different culture, learning new things everyday, challenges and pressures of changing your job etc but if you are focused and positive minded, you can cross the hurdle.

Sir, the only mistake that are not pardonable are wrong PHOTO, PLAYING AS SINGLE WHEN YOU ARE ACTUALLY MARRIED, NOT LISTING ALL YOU FAMILY MEMBERS(spouse and children)

DOB is absolutely pardonable, You can NEVER be DENIED visa based on wrong DOB on ur original/initial entry. Go and ask Visaofficer.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 8:19pm On Oct 14, 2014
onatisi:
even after I posted a link to dispute what u earlier said? I am not against u just trying to correct ur notion or stand so that u won't make a mistake in a visa form and believe u can just tell the VO that it was a mistake ,most especially a dob ,they won't take that shit.
Sir, they actually do take this thing you call poo.

KCC knows about this mistakes all over the world so they give you a second chance to correct it with forms ds 230 and 122

Please do yourself a favor and ask VISAOFFICER this question, she will be so glad to clear your doubt once n for all
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 8:21pm On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
Sir, they actually do take this thing you call poo.

KCC knows about this mistakes all over the world so they give you a second chance to correct it with forms ds 230 and 122

Please do yourself a favor and ask VISAOFFICER this question, she will be so glad to clear your doubt once n for all
bros bros bros ,how many times I call you ? Three abi? Good day
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 8:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
onatisi:
bros bros bros ,how many times I call you ? Three abi? Good day
Lol, funny guy!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

LASTMA General Manager Caught A Man Driving One-Way On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) / Udom Emmanuel Links Akwa Ibom With Abia Through Long Abandoned Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.