Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... (49326 Views)

How Easy Is Life For Nigerians (or Non-eu) In Germany / How's Life For Nigerians In Germany / Spain: How Is Life For Nigerians Over There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
ferdimako:

They believe u when u have a story...or at least hear u out, then make a decision. Have u seen that video of Benson who claimed 15 to benefit from being a minor to avoid deportation from the UK? He looked 29 but was placed in a home before an MRV scan cld b done, he ran away. Here, Sb goes to d embassy with his correct DOB showing on his birth cert...they will ask ...how come it was wrongly entered during Edv?...u explain...even if it wasn't a mistake from an agent ..u can claim. Embassy accepted most of those and denied many on what were unpardonable.
bros ,wettin u dey talk?if you don't know what we are arguing about ,then take time to follow us and the thread ..
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2014
onatisi:
bros ,wettin u dey talk?if you don't know what we are arguing about ,then take time to follow us and the thread ..
Do u think this thread was abt DV lottery and DOB changing?
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2014
ferdimako:

They believe u when u have a story...or at least hear u out, then make a decision. Have u seen that video of Benson who claimed 15 to benefit from being a minor to avoid deportation from the UK? He looked 29 but was placed in a home before an MRV scan cld b done, he ran away. Here, Sb goes to d embassy with his correct DOB showing on his birth cert...they will ask ...how come it was wrongly entered during Edv?...u explain...even if it wasn't a mistake from an agent ..u can claim. Embassy accepted most of those and denied many on what were unpardonable.

Porkies. Do you have more to tell?
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 17, 2014
justwise:

Porkies. Do you have more to tell?
I guess that first word isn't derogatory... go and cancel their visas.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
ferdimako:

Do u want them to show ur their GCs? We lie a lot here and some could not even fill out their forms correctly...America is accommodating. What can I said?
look ,I will just answer you this once . Maybe others will have the patience of explaining things. Now someoone applied for dv lottery with a dob oof 1965 suddenly after winning he said he made a mistake so his new date of birth is 1985 , does that make sense to you? Don't u know that oonce u change ur dob you are no longer that person. We have said it a thousand times and we doont need to make a rap song out of it before u understand . You can change part of ur name ,marital status,educational all those are upgradeable but u can't upgrade ur dob oor change it because that dob is u the moment you alter it you are no longer that person.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2014
onatisi:
look ,I will just answer you this once . Maybe others will have the patience of explaining things. Now someoone applied for dv lottery with a dob oof 1965 suddenly after winning he said he made a mistake so his new date of birth is 1985 , does that make sense to you? Don't u know that oonce u change ur dob you are no longer that person. We have said it a thousand times and we doont need to make a rap song out of it before u understand . You can change part of ur name ,marital status,educational all those are upgradeable but u can't upgrade ur dob oor change it because that dob is u the moment you alter it you are no longer that person.
Have u gone to d VO thread? Pple ask her this all the time...she understands. She would say when u come for ur interview ...bring it up. Even pple who got filed by family have this issue...they check ur other documents and believe. Computer is still new to many pple...even some folks in America now..don't even know where to start from. Sb entered 1965 for u and it is wrong. Or u made that mistake and now u wanna correct it and u have d documents. Come on! It is doable at d embassy. I can't go to get d link because it is not a competition, buddy!

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2014
ferdimako:

Have u gone to d VO thread? Pple ask her this all the time...she understands. She would say when u come for ur interview ...bring it up. Even pple who got filed by family have this issue...they check ur other documents and believe. Computer is still new to many pple...even some folks in America now..don't even know where to start from. Sb entered 1965 for u and it is wrong. Or u made that mistake and now u wanna correct it and u have d documents. Come on! It is doable at d embassy. I can't go to get d link because it is not a competition, buddy!
Very true.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2014
ferdimako:

where is this mysterious VO link all of you are talking about? Infact there is no need to argue about this iSsue any more nigeria is not even eligible again. I wish you all the very best. The discussion and arguement has been very interesting. Have a nice day guys. I am out.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
onatisi:
where is this mysterious VO link all of you are talking about? Infact there is no need to argue about this iSsue any more nigeria is not even eligible again. I wish you all the very best. The discussion and arguement has been very interesting. Have a nice day guys. I am out.
OK... let us get down to business. Abeg nepa don take light for Chicago?
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 5:20pm On Oct 17, 2014
onatisi:
bros u know what I have noticed.many of those claiming to be in the usa and saying that dob can be changed aren't in the usa . The simply don't know the importance oof dob in an official government documentation.
Lol, Ma bro you funny sha!

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2014
ferdimako:

OK... let us get down to business. Abeg nepa don take light for Chicago?
Lol, no ooooooo!
Nepa take lite ke? i don't even know wat they call them here!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2014
jigga40:
Lol, Ma bro you funny sha!
jigga, was ur decision to leave Nigeria worth it? From the look of things in d short run.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 5:33pm On Oct 17, 2014
onatisi:

In that link some of them called trash it was stated there that the VO will make that judgement during the interview but you don't send email to KCC requesting for change of DOB as some have claimed here.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
jigga40:
Lol, no ooooooo!
Nepa take lite ke? i don't even know wat they call them here!
haba..but I heard crimes on d streets and at govt are rife.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 5:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
The funny part is what u guys fail to realize since is that if you have all your documents in the right DOB you corrected with forms ds 230 and 122 (now ds 260) you are 101% sure of your visa approval.

EXAMPLE:
Initial entry : 1975
ds 230 n 122: 1985
international passport : 1985
NPC cert : 1985
Marriage cert(if applicable): 1985
Medical report : 1985
Weac cert : 1985
With all these i swear no Jupiter and i repeat no Jupiter can stop you from getting your visa APPROVED!!!

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 17, 2014
justwise:

In that link some of them called trash it was stated there that the VO will make that judgement during the interview but you don't send email to KCC requesting for change of DOB as some have claimed here.
Yea...u can send an e-mail but KCC will still tell u to go ahead once ur case hasn't been moved to d embassy. That is u have not been scheduled. Even if u don't e-mail KCC on anything and send ur Ds forms with corrections, KCC won't even bother u and send works to the embassy. So u that have the problem..will nudge the VO on ur concerns and they are rectified. Anything u sent to KCC goes into ur file and embassy has all when u come for the interview.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 5:43pm On Oct 17, 2014
justwise:

I saw it too,but it seems they have made up their mind on their point .
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 5:45pm On Oct 17, 2014
ferdimako:

jigga, was ur decision to leave Nigeria worth it? From the look of things in d short run.
Leaving Nigeria has bin d best decision I av taken so far in ma entire life! It is more than worth it.....lol
So far so good on here!

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 5:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
ferdimako:

Yea...u can send an e-mail but KCC will still tell u to go ahead once ur case hasn't been moved to d embassy. That is u have not been scheduled. Even if u don't e-mail KCC on anything and send ur Ds forms with corrections, KCC won't even bother u and send works to the embassy. So u that have the problem..will nudge the VO on ur concerns and they are rectified. Anything u sent to KCC goes into ur file and embassy has all when u come for the interview.
Exactly on point! how come u know so well on DV? shey u be agent?lol

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
jigga40:
Exactly on point! how come u know so well on DV? shey u be agent?lol
No...I entered for so many folks mehn...if u go to 2013 thread u see my activities. I booked flights for winners...I got involved then. I was disappointed when in dat edition, a selectee got denied because of a pass in English Lang...no higher cert than O'level. But ruddboy, got away with his. Embassy VOs interpreted as they deemed fit...hey it's their country.

Enjoy urself, buddy!

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 6:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
ferdimako:

No...I entered for so many folks mehn...if u go to 2013 thread u see my activities. I booked flights for winners...I got involved then. I was disappointed when in dat edition, a selectee got denied because of a pass in English Lang...no higher cert than O'level. But ruddboy, got away with his. Embassy VOs interpreted as they deemed fit...hey it's their country.

Enjoy urself, buddy!
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! I remember you bro. very active on that thread! you really tried o......Yeah i know of roodboy's case!

Wow! nice one jare!!!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 9:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
I hope this clears your doubts and put the argument to bed

www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me/55

The part that says they can't change in the application is the initially entry, but can be corrected with DS 230 n 122 forms.

Please read,understand and learn!!!

Cc onatisi, adconline

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 12:36am On Oct 18, 2014
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by tosinjoe(m): 12:43am On Oct 18, 2014
jigga40:
I hope this clears your doubts and put the argument to bed

www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me/55

The part that says they can't change in the application is the initially entry, but can be corrected with DS 230 n 122 forms.

Please read,understand and learn!!!

Cc onatisi, adconline
thank you very much for this. I hope those arguing this all the while would drop their ego and apologise for derailing the thread, arguing blindly and misleading viewers of the thread, or would they say the VO is not competent enough. At least now people can post meaningfully as regards purpose of the thread

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 1:11am On Oct 18, 2014
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 1:44am On Oct 18, 2014
jigga40:
More smiley

www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me/35
this is the problem of nigerians ,they read but they don't understand . Please kindly go to the first page oof this your so called VO officer and read the very first post clearly and slowly . You will see where this your so called VO stated it clearly that his oor her views does not represent the views oof the us goverment and has no legal binding and that it is his or her own personal views.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 1:49am On Oct 18, 2014
jigga40:
More smiley

www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me/35
this is what your so called VO wrote “ Any
responses in this forum are not to
be taken as legally binding, as they
will be based only on what you tell
me in your questions, not on the
information in any actual case.
While I will attempt to explain U.S.
immigration policies, any opinions
expressed are my own views and do
not necessarily reflect the views of
the United States Government.” So is it this kind of defence you are putting up against a well documented written rules and regulation which is legally binding on the usa goverment? Bros honestly speaking I am dissapointed in you.even from the threads you have sent I can bring out 3 points to knock off ur claims.just wait let me finish dissecting the threads .all the 3 threads you posted here are the same , so what this means is that the only evidence u have to back up ur claims and pooints is this thread on nairaland by a mysterious and invincible VO ,abi? Well done
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 2:03am On Oct 18, 2014
onatisi:
the United States Government.” So is it this kind of defence you are putting up against a well documented written rules and regulation which is legally binding on the usa goverment? Bros honestly speaking I am dissapointed in you.even from the threads you have sent I can bring out 3 points to knock off ur claims.just wait let me finish dissecting the threads
You provided a random link that has nothing to do with the US govt and i gave you posts from US govt employee(Immigrant Visa chief,United state embassy)... And you still wana compare ur proof and my proof? pls show me the documented writen rules and regulations which is "legally binding on the US govt" once more!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 2:08am On Oct 18, 2014
justwise, onatisi says VO is mysterious and invincible....lol
pls answer to that!

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by tosinjoe(m): 2:10am On Oct 18, 2014
onatisi:
the United States Government.” So is it this kind of defence you are putting up against a well documented written rules and regulation which is legally binding on the usa goverment? Bros honestly speaking I am dissapointed in you.even from the threads you have sent I can bring out 3 points to knock off ur claims.just wait let me finish dissecting the threads .all the 3 threads you posted here are the same , so what this means is that the only evidence u have to back up ur claims and pooints is this thread on nairaland by a mysterious and invincible VO ,abi? Well done
what would I expect from you? Well I'd love justwise who has been backing u up since to tell us too that the VO is mysterious and invisible
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 2:19am On Oct 18, 2014
jigga40:
You provided a random link that has nothing to do with the US govt and i gave you posts from US govt employee(Immigrant Visa chief,United state embassy)... And you still wana compare ur proof and my proof? pls show me the documented writen rules and regulations which is "legally binding on the US govt" once more!
what us embassy officer are u talking about? I told u that when filling the form it is boldly written that you filled everything out correctly, you raised an issue of dob change ,I googled and got responses withing 2 minutes to prove that it isn't possible and all u can come up with is a thread on nl? This is pure simple reasoning,it is written that you should fill everything correctly because that is what will be used to process ur visa ,someone comes along from God knows where and tells u you can change the rule and this ur so called officer clearly stated it that all responses has no legal binding that it is her own personal opinion and yet you are arguing!!!!!!! This is becoming irritating
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 2:26am On Oct 18, 2014
onatisi:
what us embassy officer are u talking about? I told u that when filling the form it is boldly written that you filled everything out correctly, you raised an issue of dob change ,I googled and got responses withing 2 minutes to prove that it isn't possible and all u can come up with is a thread on nl? This is pure simple reasoning,it is written that you should fill everything correctly because that is what will be used to process ur visa ,someone comes along from God knows where and tells u you can change the rule and this ur so called officer clearly stated it that all responses has no legal binding that it is her own personal opinion and yet you are arguing!!!!!!! This is becoming irritating
Let me help you more bros. please go back to that random link you provided and read the first and last paragraph CAREFULLY!!! After doing that, come back and tell me wat u observed!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Udom Emmanuel Links Akwa Ibom With Abia Through Long Abandoned Road / Boat Accident At Okrika Kalio Rivers, 16 Persons Rescued Alive (Graphic Photos) / Apapa-wharf Road That Dangote Reconstructed; See What Trailers Are Turning It To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.