Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... (49286 Views)

How Easy Is Life For Nigerians (or Non-eu) In Germany / How's Life For Nigerians In Germany / Spain: How Is Life For Nigerians Over There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 9:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
Sir, the only mistake that are not pardonable are wrong PHOTO, PLAYING AS SINGLE WHEN YOU ARE ACTUALLY MARRIED, NOT LISTING ALL YOU FAMILY MEMBERS(spouse and children)

DOB is absolutely pardonable, You can NEVER be DENIED visa based on wrong DOB on ur original/initial entry. Go and ask Visaofficer.
Keep quoting visa officer even though u haven't provided any link to back it up.. How is age mispresentation pardonable when u are you swearing an oath that you have answered all questions correctly to the best of ur ability?
Since age is a criterion for u to be eligible to apply, allowing u to change your DOB after you have won means that you have gamed the system.
Americans HATE telling them something after the fact has been made known or u have been caught.. So telling them that you made a mistake in your DOB after u have won would make them see u as stupid and therefore, will not allow.
Another scenario: Imagine telling FIFA that we used overaged players to qualify for Under 17-WC and you still expect FIFA to uphold our qualification?
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by mattkelly: 11:00pm On Oct 14, 2014
Gbabe2:

Its so sad when you read some stuffs and people display their ignorance.
You cant change your DOB through KCC or at the embassy and scale through the lottery process.Never!!!!Someone can get some of your information thru the year book and apply for you but i am so sure that the person will give you all those information which can either enable you to adjust to whatever details he might have used earlier. Guys, JB will not tell you guys in details what actually hapenned but his story can be genuine. Quote my anywhere, DOB is one of the most important safeguard built around the lotterry process by (KCC).
I was also a lottery winner and i know what i am saying.

Some people sha..Did i say anything about changing of DOB here?I only said people's Data and Information are collected from Year book etc..I did not refer to DOB at all in my statement..Thank you
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by odewenwa: 11:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
Jigga40 I salute your patience o. I really do. Some people are the reason why some of us don't post here cos they believe they are always right. Well done bro abeg go rest. How is Chicago?

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by tosinjoe(m): 12:23am On Oct 15, 2014
Like someone above posted, I salute your patience jigga40. I understand how painful it is when someone tries to discredit an information you have firsthand. At a point I was getting pissed by Mr. Moderator's remarks. I'm also a dv2014 winner so there will be no point arguing with someone who hasn't followed or understands the process. Now to the origin of the argument. Funny enough the person on whose behalf we are arguing didn't even respond, he sure knows there's no point. There's a town called ile oluji in ondo state,rumour has it that they have the highest number of dv lottery winners, and most times the winners are youth corpers whose information was got from their year book. Mr Justwise to me seems not to be well ground on the issue of dv lottery.

5 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 12:31am On Oct 15, 2014
odewenwa:
Jigga40 I salute your patience o. I really do. Some people are the reason why some of us don't post here cos they believe they are always right. Well done bro abeg go rest. How is Chicago?
Bros no be small thing o, this pple don't know we av real life experience and first hand info in our palms! So painful all DV members are not very active on here like it use to be, so as to make it clear enough!!!

Bros mi Chicago is great o, very beautiful city i tell you! How are you doing? longest time!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 12:45am On Oct 15, 2014
tosinjoe:
Like someone above posted, I salute your patience jigga40. I understand how painful it is when someone tries to discredit an information you have firsthand. At a point I was getting pissed by Mr. Moderator's remarks. I'm also a dv2014 winner so there will be no point arguing with someone who hasn't followed or understands the process. Now to the origin of the argument. Funny enough the person on whose behalf we are arguing didn't even respond, he sure knows there's no point. There's a town called ile oluji in ondo state,rumour has it that they have the highest number of dv lottery winners, and most times the winners are youth corpers whose information was got from their year book. Mr Justwise to me seems not to be well ground on the issue of dv lottery.
Hearsay , rumors, 2nd and 3rd person experience all accepted. Please refer us to US embassy source to back up your story.. Stop asking me to believe without any proof.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 12:56am On Oct 15, 2014
tosinjoe:
My brother i tire o i swear. I read dv2013 thread from page 0 to 800, I actively participated on dv2014 thread, Advised pple,help with forms filling,tackled problems,followed members progress,met some members face to face,had correspondence with KCC, had convo with VO and someone will tell me i don't know ish about DV?
it's so painful i must confess

Have you landed Minnesota? how are you doing? hope all is well sha?
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by tosinjoe(m): 12:58am On Oct 15, 2014
adconline:

Hearsay , rumors, 2nd and 3rd person experience all accepted. Please refer us to US embassy source to back up your story.. Stop asking me to believe without any proof.
in as much as I'd av loved not to respond, I'm not asking you to believe me, I've done enough good to share the information on the possibilty of something, u will do yourself good to believe it. We r not talking of what they say we are not only talking of what is obtainable but what happens. Please note my argument is based on the origin of the whole argument as the moderator tried to discredit that guy's story. Let me reiterate the fact that I am a dv lottery winner. Mind you a dv application form is different from your original entry. In case you got that wrong u might wanna save me the stress of not quoting me, my d information is meant for those who might need it. Like I said I'm not asking you o believe me

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by tosinjoe(m): 1:00am On Oct 15, 2014
jigga40:
My brother i tire o i swear. I read dv2013 thread from page 0 to 800, I actively participated on dv2014 thread, Advised pple,help with forms filling,tackled problems,followed members progress,met some members face to face,had correspondence with KCC, had convo with VO and someone will tell me i don't know ish about DV?
it's so painful i must confess

Have you landed Minnesota? how are you doing? hope all is well sha?
thanks my brother, I will be in Minnesota next week by God's grace

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 1:26am On Oct 15, 2014
tosinjoe:
in as much as I'd av loved not to respond, I'm not asking you to believe me, I've done enough good to share the information on the possibilty of something, u will do yourself good to believe it. We r not talking of what they say we are not only talking of what is obtainable but what happens. Please note my argument is based on the origin of the whole argument as the moderator tried to discredit that guy's story. Let me reiterate the fact that I am a dv lottery winner. Mind you a dv application form is different from your original entry. In case you got that wrong u might wanna save me the stress of not quoting me, my d information is meant for those who might need it. Like I said I'm not asking you o believe me
Save me from all these rhetorics, send me the damn link or resource! I can read and analyse information on my own..I'm not trying to discountenance you experience, but ur insistence that ur experience subverts DV lottery process is an attempt to make mockery of US system. BTW, this discussion is, and has been, about CHANGING ur DOB after you have won the DV Lottery.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by LFJ: 2:38am On Oct 15, 2014
adconline:

Save me from all these rhetorics, send me the damn link or resource! I can read and analyse information on my own..I'm not trying to discountenance you experience, but ur insistence that ur experience subverts DV lottery process is an attempt to make mockery of US system. BTW, this discussion is, and has been, about CHANGING ur DOB after you have won the DV Lottery.

Gigga40 is right. In the old system when you win the lottery, they send the package to you, at that point you can change DOB if there is error. You may not be able to change it the monment you submit that form. There can be error in the way your name is spell, you have that grace. I am talking of genuine mistake here, not Funke that is now Teju. If Funke is mistakingly spelled as Fuke u can put your n there. I am talking about the time you receive congratulatory message and the package, not after schedule you for interview. How it is done today, I don't know but 7 years ago it was possible.

Pls if u want me to explain more, no problem but no insult we can learn from each other without insult.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 2:55am On Oct 15, 2014
LFJ:

Gigga40 is right. In the old system when you win the lottery, they send the package to you, at that point you can change DOB if there is error. You may not be able to change it the monment you submit that form. There can be error in the way your name is spell, you have that grace. I am talking of genuine mistake here, not Funke that is now Teju. If Funke is mistakingly spelled as Fuke u can put your n there. I am talking about the time you receive congratulatory message and the package, not after schedule you for interview. How it is done today, I don't know but 7 years ago it was possible.

Pls if u want me to explain more, no problem but no insult we can learn from each other without insult.
I have neither insulted u nor poked fun at your discourse. Mind showing me any insults?
Change of name is not on trial here, but DOB is! We have shown the fact and you guys have shown none and still running on rumours and hear-says.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 3:35am On Oct 15, 2014
adconline:

I have neither insulted u nor poked fun at your discourse. Mind showing me any insults?
Change of name is not on trial here, but DOB is! We have shown the fact and you guys have shown none and still running on rumours and hear-says.
bros u get time ooooo. I even posted a link from the us dv lottery which states that it is not pssible to change dob after submission ,yet they cliam it is possible without providing any concrete evidence . I tire oooo. I am out of this thread.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 3:43am On Oct 15, 2014
adconline:

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by LFJ: 3:55am On Oct 15, 2014
adconline:

I am new to your discussion, if you check that was my first contribution. It may be very hard to believe, I don't know about now but 7 years ago you can correct DOB error in the form send along with you congratulatory message. It only become an issue after that form is sent and u are schedule for interview. I passed through the process 8 yes ago so I understand the point gigga40 is trying to pass.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 4:22am On Oct 15, 2014
onatisi:
bros u get time ooooo. I even posted a link from the us dv lottery which states that it is not pssible to change dob after submission ,yet they cliam it is possible without providing any concrete evidence . I tire oooo. I am out of this thread.
I posted 2 links to prove my point and they have argued without posting any link. New comers join the discussion to bail them out and when I hit them with the lingering question to show us their source.. They duck and deflect the question. It's not eating into my time. I'm watching my favorite show- Shark Tank while responding to their malarkey and tales by moonlight..

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by TCPonly(m): 7:15am On Oct 15, 2014
LFJ:

If you are a citizen or permanent resident you get financial aid. And with the type of job JB2174 was doing at that time he should have gotten full financial aid for his undergraduate.
Thanks bro.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 9:39am On Oct 15, 2014
adconline:

I posted 2 links to prove my point and they have argued without posting any link. New comers join the discussion to bail them out and when I hit them with the lingering question to show us their source.. They duck and deflect the question. It's not eating into my time. I'm watching my favorite show- Shark Tank while responding to their malarkey and tales by moonlight..

Do you know why this https://www.nairaland.com/927190/dv-2013-winners-meet-here thread ran to 800 plus pages within a year and this one https://www.nairaland.com/1275397/dv-2014-winners-meet-here only 261?

When the first thread started there were more 'winners' than the actual winners, more cases of refusals and AP as a result of fake marriages, impostors and fake adoptions, mostly because genuine winners and fake ones got paired by an agent as husband and wife then documents are forged to keep the fraud going.

People who turned up for an interview but look nothing like the picture submitted when they entered the lottery. people who suddenly claimed to have adopted a child and forged papers to back it up.

I moderated that thread page to page and noticed how suddenly some members never came back to share their testimonies after their interviews but after sometimes a new ID will show up asking for immigration lawyer or complaining how one agent got them in trouble.

The second thread has less number of ghost winners because the agent-format is not working as it used to though one was caught at the embassy trying to attend visa lottery interview he never played. The VO reported him in that thread and i banned him.

Don't bother giving them links to support your argument because many of them used the 'short-cut' and hate to be told the truth.

You will not be popular here as long as you refused to join the 'yes-members'.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
justwise:

Do you know why this https://www.nairaland.com/927190/dv-2013-winners-meet-here thread ran to 800 plus pages within a year and this one https://www.nairaland.com/1275397/dv-2014-winners-meet-here only 261?

When the first thread started there were more 'winners' than the actual winners, more cases of refusals and AP as a result of fake marriages, impostors and fake adoptions, mostly because genuine winners and fake ones got paired by an agent as husband and wife then documents are forged to keep the fraud going.

People who turned up for an interview but look nothing like the picture submitted when they entered the lottery. people who suddenly claimed to have adopted a child and forged papers to back it up.

I moderated that thread page to page and noticed how suddenly some members never came back to share their testimonies after their interviews but after sometimes a new ID will show up asking for immigration lawyer or complaining how one agent got them in trouble.

The second thread has less number of ghost winners because the agent-format is not working as it used to though one was caught at the embassy trying to attend visa lottery interview he never played. The VO reported him in that thread and i banned him.

Don't bother giving them links to support your argument because many of them used the 'short-cut' and hate to be told the truth.

You will not be popular here as long as you refused to join the 'yes-members'.
Why are folks needing agent to apply for DV lottery? It's pure laziness!

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 12:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
adconline:

Why are folks needing agent to apply for DV lottery? It's pure laziness!

There are many educated Nigerians but that got nothing to do with common sense.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 12:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
justwise:

There are many educated Nigerians but that got nothing to do with common sense.
Yes, I mean most educated Naija folks that would not like to cross check facts. Using somebody as an agent doesn't increase your chance and US DV Lotter doesn't approve of any agent. Many educated Nigerian applicants are intellectually lazy to go through the application process and vet the information. That's why they believe in anything..

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 1:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
adconline:

Yes, I mean most educated Naija folks that would not like to cross check facts. Using somebody as an agent doesn't increase your chance and US DV Lotter doesn't approve of any agent. Many educated Nigerian applicants are intellectually lazy to go through the application process and vet the information. That's why they believe in anything..

Actually that is mostly the reason behind the use of agents by some Nigerians, many believe that agents know how the lottery system works and can increase their winning chances. Some use agents to apply for visa because according to them agents have a 'link' in the embassy that will influence the outcome of a visa application
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jt2010: 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
onatisi:

What did you understand by submission. What you and justwise is falling to understand is that the process entail two stage. When you are selected and when you resubmit your detail information to KCC (E-DV entry form) submitted to KCC, you can reasonably correct some error on your detail at d time of filling your E-DV entry form) thereafter correction is not possible.

3 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jt2010: 3:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
adconline:

Yes, you links are correct but as a person you seem not to understand the DV processes or argument... yes, you cannot change your personal info again after you have filled and submitted your E-DV entry form... but the op argument is base on changes between the winning entry personal info and the E-DV entry form. When you play the dv lottery, you only submit limited info, so when you are now selected, you need to submit detail personal info through the E-DV entry form... at the time of filling the E-DV entry form, you can make reasonable correction, but you cannot after submission of the E-DV entry form.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jusugo92(m): 3:08pm On Oct 15, 2014
I was enjoying this lovely thread till the so called "powers that be"deviated us.I don't know where this argument will lead this thread to.I don't have an idea of what D.V lottery looks like,cos I have neither won 1 or applied before.But atimes as a moderator its good u overlook some posts here and let the rythm flow.MR Justwise U personally killed dis thread

5 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 3:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
jt2010:

What did you understand by submission. What you and justwise is falling to understand is that the process entail two stage. When you are selected and when you resubmit your detail information to KCC (E-DV entry form) submitted to KCC, you can reasonably correct some error on your detail, thereafter correction is not possible.
ur dv lottery visa application process starts the very moment you apply to play,once ur dv application is in ur visa processing has started. Let me ask u a question ,if u submit a normal visa form which isn't dv to the us embassy in nigeria can you present another dob on ur passport on the interview day and claim u made a mistake when filling the online form?

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jt2010: 3:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
onatisi:
ur dv lottery visa application process starts the very moment you apply to play,once ur dv application is in ur visa processing has started. Let me ask u a question ,if u submit a normal visa form which isn't dv to the us embassy in nigeria can you present another dob on ur passport on the interview day and claim u made a mistake when filling the online form?

To play the lottery, you only need to supply basic personal info which can still be corrected before submitting E-DV entry form to KCC.

Me I have no issue with this typical naija argument, but I know corrections is different from change.... the argument is about correction before submitting to KCC.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 3:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
jusugo92:
I was enjoying this lovely thread till the so called "powers that be"deviated us.I don't know where this argument will lead this thread to.I don't have an idea of what D.V lottery looks like,cos I have neither won 1 or applied before.But atimes as a moderator[b] its good u overlook some posts here and let the rythm flow[/b].MR Justwise U personally killed dis thread

You shouldn't allow rythm of lies and misinformation flow, it gives people false hopes. You don't wake up to a phone call from a stranger then suddenly you are a lottery winner and the next thing you are in USA enjoying life.

Its important to establish the truth rather than allow people to believe in fairy tail of ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 3:31pm On Oct 15, 2014
onatisi:
Answer this simple questions please Sir.

1. Have you played DV lottery b4?

2. If yes, Did you win?

3. Have you in anyway helped in filling DV forms or encountered it? be it relations,close friends etc etc.

4. Have gone tru d 4 walls of a DV lottery program? e.g correspondence with KCC, interview @ d embassy etc etc!

Please Sir just answer with all simplicity and lets put this argument to bed.

Thank you.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 3:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
jigga40:
Answer this simple questions please Sir.

1. Have you played DV lottery b4?

2. If yes, Did you win?

3. Have you in anyway helped in filling DV forms or encountered it? be it relations,close friends etc etc.

4. Have gone tru d 4 walls of a DV lottery program? e.g correspondence with KCC, interview @ d embassy etc etc!

Please Sir just answer with all simplicity and lets put this argument to bed.

Thank you.
bros ,your questions are absolutely irrelevant to the topic . And the topic is based on the rules and regulations of the dv lottery processing,and for answers to your questions kindly read my very first post on this thread and the post was the one which I quoted you. I have told you and even posted official links from kcc to support that whatever information about ur dob can't be changed. And for ur friends that claim to be in the usa saying that dob can be changed that implies that they aren't in the usa because if they are they will know the implication of dob. Let me explain dob to you. If Mr H p k applies for dv with a dob of 1.01 .11. ,he can change his name to Mr H P k L with the same dob 1.01.11 .he can claim he has additional name . But if he changes his dob to 1.12.12 and says he made a mistake there is no way he will be given the visa because it means there are 2 different persons . Before u submit any form always make sure you take ur time and fill everything out correctly
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 4:32pm On Oct 15, 2014
onatisi:
bros ,your questions are absolutely irrelevant to the topic . And the topic is based on the rules and regulations of the dv lottery processing,and for answers to your questions kindly read my very first post on this thread and the post was the one which I quoted you. I have told you and even posted official links from kcc to support that whatever information about ur dob can't be changed. And for ur friends that claim to be in the usa saying that dob can be changed that implies that they aren't in the usa because if they are they will know the implication of dob. Let me explain dob to you. If Mr H p k applies for dv with a dob of 1.01 .11. ,he can change his name to Mr H P k L with the same dob 1.01.11 .he can claim he has additional name . But if he changes his dob to 1.12.12 and says he made a mistake there is no way he will be given the visa because it means there are 2 different persons . Before u submit any form always make sure you take ur time and fill everything out correctly
Exactly!!! you don't know anything about DV program Sir.

The link you posted is far from reality. DV process is not as strict as that link implies in real life scenarios before dv 2015 upward i bet you, cos i think there are lil' changes now!(Electronic form filling to KCC now i guess).

Do you want me to give you a comprehensive lecture on DV lottery program? YES or NO?

I am gonna take ma time to break everything down to you cos i went tru the 4 walls of it!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 5:51pm On Oct 15, 2014
jigga40:
Exactly!!! you don't know anything about DV program Sir.

The link you posted is far from reality. DV process is not as strict as that link implies in real life scenarios before dv 2015 upward i bet you, cos i think there are lil' changes now!(Electronic form filling to KCC now i guess).

Do you want me to give you a comprehensive lecture on DV lottery program? YES or NO?

I am gonna take ma time to break everything down to you cos i went tru the 4 walls of it!

I am waiting for ur response. It is obvious you underestimate the importance of dob information. You can edit name, job,marital status or even qualification but you will never be allowed to edit ur picture or dob .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

LASTMA General Manager Caught A Man Driving One-Way On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) / Udom Emmanuel Links Akwa Ibom With Abia Through Long Abandoned Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.