Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? (11267 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Worshippers Beat A Man To Death For Stealing Church Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Youngzedd(m): 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2013
Booked.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Aifey(m): 1:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
because I kn am givin 2 a pastor which will in turn use our collectiv tith n offerIn for more private jets n univerties which I can't Afford for my son.
They hav scamed us a lot.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by anonimi: 1:05pm On Oct 06, 2013
Because the church has derailed from the purpose of Christ in establishing it.
Those who are intested, should read the four gospels- Matthew, Mark, Luke & John as well as the Acts of Apostles to understand how they have derailed.
You may also want to go through the history of Nigeria's evangelisation by missionaries who left their comfortable European societies to come here, establishing primary & secondary schools, health clinics, hospitals etc to help us break the socio-cultural (disguised as religious) myths that held us hostage till then.

One may also wish to note that Europe was also very backward, just as we are presently, until the Reformation linked to greater reading and understanding of the scriptures by the masses instead of distortions and outrigjht lies by then religious leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by RedCard1(m): 1:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
Corona99: Most christians spend thousands of naira n even more @ the end of each week or day, just for recharge cards n alcohols,,some guys even give dia gurlfriendz 50,000,,,100,000 for brazilian hair weavons n blackberry phones,, yet went it comes to church offerings,,all u can offer is 10,20,50naira,,which ar most times dirty n worn out,, only few surmon courage to offer 100,, brethren IS THIS FAIR??Where is ur conscience,,??TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVING MUCH IS EXPECTED,,
so do you give out a huge sum like 5k as offering? Would you love going to church in jetta while your pastor flies in a private jet? Mine is nothing more than #100 o. Those yeye people doesn't even deserve to be given #100. Don't tell me it's God's money o
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Youngzedd(m): 1:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
OlamiB: God does nt need ur money! But i dnt blive pple stil offer 10naira in churches, only in those small churces

Hmm.

My church Roman Catholic, I do see N5 note in the offering box. You haven't seen anything.

If possible some people will still drop coins.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Youngzedd(m): 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2013
Red_Card: so do you give out a huge sum like 5k as offering? Would you love going to church in jetta while your pastor flies in a private jet? Mine is nothing more than #100 o. Those yeye people doesn't even deserve to be given #100. Don't tell me it's God's money o

Ask for thy forgiveness.

The bolded made me speechless.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Vykiano(m): 1:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
Thou shall not covet thy neighbours wife.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by yemi2plus(m): 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
Somewhere is South-West Nigeria, A pastor and his family are busy counting today's offering monies#

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by efemty001: 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
it not all about the denomination. its all about how much value it worth to you. if i got 10 Naira in my pocket. am ganna give out 5 Naira as offering..... so you think if Dangote comes to ya church and he gave out 10 million naira as offering, my own 5 Naira might still worth of great value to God than Dangote 10 million naira. so my fellow people make we no dey bobo ourself..... do ur tin in ur own way dat pleases God. may God help us...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
It depends on ur defination of being stingy here...
1.cos only the one who hv can give.
2. They are ignorant of the Word therefore they are bound to behave as such.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by plaetton: 1:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
Corona99: Most christians spend thousands of naira n even more @ the end of each week or day, just for recharge cards n alcohols,,some guys even give dia gurlfriendz 50,000,,,100,000 for brazilian hair weavons n blackberry phones,, yet went it comes to church offerings,,all u can offer is 10,20,50naira,,which ar most times dirty n worn out,, only few surmon courage to offer 100,, brethren IS THIS FAIR??Where is ur conscience,,??TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVING MUCH IS EXPECTED,,

Op . You are ether a liar or a very selfish and ignorant person.

What do you mean by "MOST" Christians?
Do you know the unemployment rate in Nigeria?

In case you have not heard, Most Nigerians, Christians included, cannot afford the basic 3 square meals in any given day.
Most Nigerians do not know how they will pay their rents.
Most parents with kids do not know how they will be able to pay their children's school fees.

And besides, Most Christians are becoming very tired of throwing their hard earned money at pentecostal fraudsters who do not account for the money entrusted to them, but who use such to live lavish lifestyles for themselves and their families while the flock groan under humiliating poverty.

Op, Go and get a job and stop looking to feed fat on the sweat of your fellow human beings.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by plaetton: 1:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
anonimi: Because the church has derailed from the purpose of Christ in establishing it.
Those who are intested, should read the four gospels- Matthew, Mark, Luke & John as well as the Acts of Apostles to understand how they have derailed.
You may also want to go through the history of Nigeria's evangelisation by missionaries who left their comfortable European societies to come here, establishing primary & secondary schools, health clinics, hospitals etc to help us break the socio-cultural (disguised as religious) myths that held us hostage till then.

One may also wish to note that Europe was also very backward, just as we are presently, until the Reformation linked to greater reading and understanding of the scriptures by the masses instead of distortions and outrigjht lies by then religious leaders.

Excellent.
I could not have said it better.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Glocee(f): 1:33pm On Oct 06, 2013
Most Christians don't give cos they don't have while others do not know how to give
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by pickabeau1: 1:33pm On Oct 06, 2013
lol at plaetton

In my opinion, i dont ven think christians are even demanding enough accountability (societal and fiscal justice) from the pastors and super holy rich businessmen (where is paulipopo)

They still troop in weekly and give their hard earned funds to purveyors of PJs (private jets) and builders of earthly mansions.

So i dont think Christians are stingy enough

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by omartins(m): 1:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
I'm sure the poster is a pastor. After counting todays offering its a repetition of what he has been seen for sometimes now despite last week advice to increase what his church member give God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by anonimi: 1:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
efemty001: it not all about the denomination. its all about how much value it worth to you. if i got 10 Naira in my pocket. am ganna give out 5 Naira as offering..... so you think if Dangote comes to ya church and he gave out 10 million naira as offering, my own 5 Naira might still worth of great value to God than Dangote 10 million naira. so my fellow people make we no dey bobo ourself..... do ur tin in ur own way dat pleases God. may God help us...

Exactly what Jesus Christ demonstrated in this passage:

Mark 12
The Widow's Offering
41 And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.
42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.
43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q=Mark+12&ver=kjv

The same story is told in Luke 21.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by skyscraperTM(m): 1:59pm On Oct 06, 2013
atleast they`re givinq. some people don`t even have to qive¡ despite the money been given to some churches, they`ll deny you when you`re in problem and in need of help. it`s only GOD that can judge people|
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Vicksal: 2:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
It all depends on ur mindset,if u give little and ur mind is willing it wil be acceptable instead of giving plenty and is not from within ur mind
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by W3xy1(m): 2:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
am not stingy
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by meforyou1(m): 2:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
What are churches doing with all the offerings they collect every sunday, monday, wednesday, friday and saturday?

Pls is there any update on pastor adeboye's 10km house?
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Situation: 2:42pm On Oct 06, 2013
everyday: A stingy person will never change,whether it be at home,work,school or even in church
My friend shuat up!! Yu fink its easy to be stingy..yu no dey look pastor face..better give the money yu‘v gat to beggars than making so pastors rich *vex*
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by slyk2(m): 2:44pm On Oct 06, 2013
Billygee2u: LET GOD ALONE BE PRAISED.Let that be left to God .Giving or offering is a freewill.Do not judge any one on this.

Your level of giving depends on what you were taught and what you learnt about God.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Buddydogg(m): 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2013
hmmmm where stingy start from first, okay it start from all this gals and boys of now adays... You see them buying latest fone's in town, giving there bebs big sum... But........ Sum will just even put 20 naira note, like my friend idriza u diz bad gal.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Adwexky(m): 2:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
Billygee2u: LET GOD ALONE BE PRAISED.Let that be left to God .Giving or offering is a freewill.Do not judge any one on this.
Always remember What You SOW is what You'll REAP. Whatsoever you give God, God will give back unto you.

Always GIVE WELL!!!
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by felifeli: 3:00pm On Oct 06, 2013

Speak for yourself :Why Are YOU Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings?
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by kingbru(m): 3:33pm On Oct 06, 2013
The question is......how much is really enough for a
church offering?. Calling people stingy based on how much they drop into the offeringg box is being unduly judgemental. Drop ur money into the offering box and do not worry about how much others are dropping!!.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by satellitedaisy: 4:11pm On Oct 06, 2013

Yes you give to God and do not judge. Then God is represented by humans. We don't teleport the money to heaven. So, assuming there are 1000 people in the congregation, 50 x 1000 =50,000. Dats enof for the pastor for one sunday. How many pple earn that in 2months
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by topsco(m): 4:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
If u ask me na who i go ask, the mata wey we see so, e tai wey e start, no be me go talk am, e heavy for mouth. If u ask me, the mata for ground, na who i go ask.

God deals with the heart not the billions you give.
But never use that as an excuse to thief God, just do as u are capable of and how God has blessed you with the willingness from ur heart.
Happy Sundae.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Richiy(f): 4:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
Weather they give or not, any true church of God would still run its services. Why won't I give back to a place where I get spiritual upliftment that is truly visible?
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by hillaryokpe: 5:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
yes giving is crucial but i tel u givin has a spirit nt until d spirit of givin is deposited in u u cnt giv judiciously. D bible say we shud giv wat wil always cost us sumtin. More so givin is an investment, d quality of oferin u give goes a lng way 2 speak 4 u. I do giv but my givin life grow vry wel wen i came incontact wit Joyce Mayer book 'LOVE REVOLUTION' i beseach u 2 get d book n read.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by wagecomet: 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2013
Because ur pastors buy private jet with our money. Church is not a business enterprise.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by wagecomet: 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
Since d bird has learnt how to fly without perching d hunter has learn how to shoot without missing. My old church thought me how to give freely n cheerfully, but my new church coarse into enriching there purse. God will help us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When You Die, Don't Go Towards The Light!!! / Illuminati Died In 1785. I Am Suprised Some People Still Believe It Exists Today / When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.