Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• (1930 Views)

IGP Arase, Obi, Ahmed, Others May Be Sacked- Daily Trust / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by FreeGlobe(f): 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
ilugunboy:

Hypocrisy will be your Waterloo....

When people are not from your villages...they are label incompetent and unproductive...hired on nepotism. Immediately it's your turn, it becomes competent...productive and merit-driven.

You fellows are worse than the Hausa/Fulani that you blame so often.
you must always find a way to bring tribalism into the discourse. smh

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 06, 2013
FreeGlobe:
You always reason through you anus. Near air mishaps remain what they were and not crashes. Blame the previous ministers for keeping us at this level. Stella is not a magician. She must stay, your opinion is irrelevant!

Reasoning through the anus must have been your preference way...that is the only way you are familiar with such.

If the person that employed her wants to maintain her ....that is his headache. But the fact is she has so far that exhibited that she is not fit for the role. You don't need to agree with me...you can even insult me on that in your usual m0ronic manner.
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
FreeGlobe:
you must always find a way to bring tribalism into the discourse. smh

What is wrong with tribalism? It becomes an issue when people like Stella Oduah abuse it.
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by passion007: 4:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
ilugunboy:

Hypocrisy will be your Waterloo....

When people are not from your villages...they are label incompetent and unproductive...hired on nepotism. Immediately it's your turn, it becomes competent...productive and merit-driven.

You fellows are worse than the Hausa/Fulani that you blame so often.
Actually, you should direct that observation to Kayode who openly admitted he flooded the ministry with people from Osun.
Last time I checked there are 36 states in here, but he hired the vast majority from his home state.
Tell, is there an aviation school in Osun? So why exactly did Kayode attempt to make the aviation industry under him the exclusive preserve of Osun indigenes.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
passion007:
Actually, you should direct that observation to Kayode who openly admitted he flooded the ministry with people from Osun.
Last time I checked there are 36 states in here, but he hired the vast majority from his home state.
Tell, is there an aviation school in Osun? So why exactly did Kayode attempt to make the aviation industry under him the exclusive preserve of Osun indigenes.

Lies.....quote where he admitted he flooded the ministry with his people. Admitting that he helped his people into the ministry is absolutely not the same as flooding the place with his people.

Maybe you are not on the same level with him with the English language.
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by passion007: 4:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
ilugunboy:

Lies.....quote where he admitted he flooded the ministry with his people. Admitting that he helped his people into the ministry is absolutely not the same as flooding the place with his people.

Maybe you are not on the same level with him with the English language.
He helped them into the ministry, so you say.
Even though they weren't cream of the crop, nevertheless they found their way in because they had Father Abraham on top.
I know you're desperate to dissolve away the enormity of that action, but like it or not, favoritism, nepotism will always be in the way of merit.
Stella Odua is merely untangling his mess.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
passion007:
[s]He helped them into the ministry, so you say.
Even though they weren't cream of the crop, nevertheless they found their way in because they had Father Abraham on top.
I know you're desperate to dissolve away the enormity of that action, but like it or not, favoritism, nepotism will always be in the way of merit.
Stella Odua is merely untangling his mess.[/s]

Conjectural crap.

How is Stella untangling his mess....by creating her own mess ?

Bruv....you swim in deep hypocrisy grin
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by passion007: 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
ilugunboy:

Conjectural crap.

How is Stella untangling his mess....by creating her own mess ?

Bruv....you swim in deep hypocrisy grin
From the same mind that asked:
ilugunboy:

What is wrong with tribalism?
Smh.
You're far gone, bro.
Remedy not in sight
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by cashkidisback(m): 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
passion007:

Smh.
You're far gone, bro.
Remedy not in sight
cheesy
if i were u, i stp exchangin words wit d bigot.his hate for d igbos wil kip gvin him HP

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by specco(m): 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
Fanny kayode diverted a huge chunk of aviation funds into his pockets depriving the sector of much needed funds to improve its lot. The blood of the dead in all these plane crashes are crying fur vengeance. And Nigerians through EFCC won't let him go scot free.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by ChimaAdeoye: 4:56pm On Oct 06, 2013
Not at all. She has truly been working so hard to transform Nigeria's aviation sector.The result is there for all to see.

The ministers who should be sacked immediately for nepotism and disloyalty because they have not been working and some are indeed plotting against the success of the present administration are;

Omobola Johnson.
Navy Capt. Caleb Olubolade
Mrs. Olajumoke Akinjide
Akinwumi Adeshina (Cautioned to raise food production or get the boot)

Mr. Olusegun O. Aganga, is working, but i suspect him of dishonesty to the government he purports to serve. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by passion007: 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: Not at all. She has truly been working so hard to transform Nigeria's aviation sector.The result is there for all to see.

The ministers who should be sacked immediately because they have not been working and some are indeed plotting against the success of the present administration are;

Omobola Johnson.
Mrs. Olajumoke Akinjide

Mr. Olusegun O. Aganga, is working, but i suspect him of dishonesty to the government he purports to serve. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I'm sort of impressed with Adesina.
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: Not at all. She has truly been working so hard to transform Nigeria's aviation sector.The result is there for all to see.

The ministers who should be sacked immediately for nepotism and disloyalty because they have not been working and some are indeed plotting against the success of the present administration are;

Omobola Johnson.
Mrs. Olajumoke Akinjide

Am not surprised....it's in the genes of your people to reason that way...your are not call I B O for nothing.
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
passion007:

Smh.
You're far gone, bro.
Remedy not in sight
cheesy

Stop getting emotionally on the roller coaster.

Your Zik told Sardauna that we should all forget out differences....but the Sardauna cautioned him....that we cannot forget our differences..but try to understand and work on our differences....thus appreciating our different tribes.(tribalism)

I will be back...need to go catch an evening movie at the Cinema.
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by WildChild00(m): 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2013
From my own point of view, Stella Oduah is one of the best, so far Nigeria has ever had in the aviation ministry.
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by passion007: 5:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
ilugunboy:

Stop getting emotionally on the roller coaster.

Your Zik told Sardauna that we should all forget out differences....but the Sardauna cautioned him....that we cannot forget our differences..but try to understand and work on our differences....thus appreciating our different tribes.(tribalism)

I will be back...need to go catch an evening movie at the Cinema.
Are you inferring your people wear tribalism like a badge of honor?
I won't jump to conclusions, but think through that assertion of yours while you're at the movies.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by lertee(f): 6:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
Stella Oduah is beautiful. smiley
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by SterlingTowers(m): 8:59pm On Oct 06, 2013
i_laugh:

What are the sins of Oduah? You cal what she is doing just facelift? If previous Ministers did facelifts previously, maybe some one else will have time to do something else. Beside, most of these Airlines came on board at the time of the previous administrations, and bringing in all manner of old airplanes.

Your position is flawed with the usual to que ke[what about you] posturing. If madam Oduah cannot deliver or ensure safety of lives by allowing dysfunction birds on our skyline then let her make way for competent hands. But the bulk will always stop at her table because she is in charge and FFK or any previous ministers for that matter cannot be vicariously liable for her seemingly embarrassing incompetence.
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by ilaugh1: 9:09pm On Oct 06, 2013
hercules07: Cosmetic renovations that still leaves the airports looking like cow sheds, please what happened to the intervention fund that was released to the sector?

Ask your FFK.
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
lertee: Stella Oduah is beautiful. smiley

That is the only good in her....I love Orobo like her cheesy grin
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by SterlingTowers(m): 9:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Nonsense, like their has not been incessant air crashes in this country prior to her being minister. Maybe you should blame FFK who recently admitted flooding the ministry with unqualified and incompetent staff from his osun state. She's trying to amend the rot in the system caused by Fani Kayode, Hyatt, Borishade, Agagu (RIP), etc. she's Nigeria's best aviation minister ever!

Can rot be amended? She can only create her own mess by getting her self entangled with purported previous rots created by her predecessors. Btw she is doing a yoeman ,s jab in mess proliferation. Any way many thanks for stating the obvious which is her pre occupation with amending rot and shirking her responsibility. If you call that competence good luck. Oduah the rot expert.
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by ilaugh1: 9:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
FFK is still continue his diatribe against the igbos. nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by naijaking1: 9:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
@poster,
If there is anythiing wrong with the ministry of aviation today, it's because of this:

https://www.nairaland.com/1443644/minister-filled-vacancies-ministries-more

Chief Femi Fani Kayode on Tuesday the 17th of September confirmed the allegation that he filled almost all the vacancies that came up under the ministries of Aviation as well as Culture and Tourism with his ethnic Yoruba indigenes (mainly those from Osun state) during his time as minister in charge of those ministries.

Responding to his friend Gbenga Ilesanmi on Facebook who made the following comment;

Gbenga Emmanuel Ilesanmi "Hello Comrades.Chief Fani Kayode should have proposed our balkanization to Chief Obasanjo when He was a Federal Minister.By the way how many Ile-Ife Indigent Students did you granted Scholarship or Work to show that you trully loved yr home Region?"

Femi had this to say;

Femi Fani-Kayode @Gbenga, perhaps if you had been following my works and reading my articles for the last 23 years you would appreciate the fact that I have been advocating some of these things for a very long time. If you can gain access to President Obasanjo, which I doubt, go and ask him how hard I fought for the convening of a Sovereign National Conference when he was in power, before he came to power during the NADECO years and after he left power in 2007. If you had done your research before making your absurd assertion you would have known all this. Instead you were just being lazy and said the first thing that came to your mind. On the question of ile-ife I have sent many ife indigenees to school and paid their fees over the years, including quite a few that I sent abroad. I dont make too much noise about that sort of thing because I do them unto God and not for any vulgar political gain.

More importantly I gave more sons and daughters of Ife and indeed Osun state indigenees more jobs in the various parastatals of Aviation and Culture and Tourism when I was Minister in both than ANY other Minister in the history of our country. If you doubt that go and ask the people and the families from Osun that benefitted or the Ooni of Ife himself and the local and political leaders of that ancient community who were all fully aware. I gave those young men amd women those senior managerial jobs only because they were encouraged to apply for them and they were well qualified for them and I have no regrets about doing so. As a matter of fact I was very proud of doing so because some of them had not worked for years or since they left university. I made so many efforts for those from my ''home region'' that in 2008 the Senator Anyim Ude-led Senate Aviation Commitee on Aviation wanted to ban me from public office for 5 years simply because I put ''too many yoruba people in the aviation parastatals''. Have you ever heard of anything as absurd as that?

Go and check their recommendations which of course were thrown out by the Senate in plenary. The question I would now put to you is what have you done for the people of ''your region'' or wherever you come from? I doubt that you have done anything other than criticise your leaders on fb. It would be better if people like you did their research before casting aspertions and making childish allegations. There is far more to me than writing essays or commenting on fb or twitter. I doubt that I can say the same for you because I dont know you from Adam and I have never heard of you. People like you are the reason why most public figures refuse to interact with members of the public on social media. Yet, despite your crass and absurd suppositions, you cannot deter people like me from continuing to interact with others here. This is because those that appreciate these contributions and this interaction are far more than those like you that don't. I really do wonder why people like you come to my wall or why you are on my friends list. I have over 3000 people waiting to join this page but I have no space for them. Do me a favour and remove yourself so that I can give your place to another that will appreciate it far more. I am looking for people that are ready to debate and exchange ideas in a positive and constructive way and not cynical and frustrated accussers and finger pointers. Thanks.
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by naijaking1: 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
In country where things work they way they should, people like FFk will be in jail or answering lots of questions, instead he is the one attcking the current minister! He wants his job back.
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
naijaking1: In country where things work they way they should, people like FFk will be in jail or answering lots of questions, instead he is the one attcking the current minister! He wants his job back.
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by Kanwulia: 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2013
On what grounds? Did she crash the planes? undecided
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by agbameta: 3:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
She should have been sacked a long time ago, but just like her mediocre and incompetent self, her boss is equally mediocre and incompetent to do the right thing. Unfortunately for Nigerians, they have to keep falling off the sky and dying needlessly for now.
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by Boss13: 3:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
yes she should be sacked
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
LoL...if I wz stella Oduah, d best thing I wud do is shut down lagos airport,since its the airport where d incidence occur as a result of there incompetence and sm agents of faani kayode in der system... At least it wud create enuf space for Enugu airport...lol
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by kingbang: 4:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
ilugunboy:

That is the only good in her....I love Orobo like her cheesy grin

You will get another ban soon. Welcome back though. grin grin
Re: Do You Think Stella Oduah Should Be Sacked• by tsomething: 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
Its a pity we Nigerians usually reason based on sentiments rather than with facts.
Let's analyze the whole aviation / air mishap ish and see where we can apportion blames

1. who is responsible for checking air worthiness of planes flying in Nigeria? NCAA

2. Who is responsible for monitoring and regulating our airspace? NAMA

3. Who do NAMA and NCAA report to? Due to amended act creating these important agencies, they were granted autonomy and hence report directly to Mr President .

4. What is the duty of the Aviation Ministry ? The primary agency under the aviation ministry is FAAN which are the managers and operators of the federal airports. Hence the aviation ministry is primarily saddled with the responsibility of ensuring that FAAN operates successfully and also create an enabling environment for investors in aviation sector, hence providing jobs and revenue for the FG. In the process of creating an enabling environment, the aviation ministry is to provide necessary equipments and resources as required by NAMA and NCAA to enable them execute their regulatory duties.

5. Has the minister improved the status of FAAN which is her primary duty? We all know the ministry with her meagre resources is remodeling about 22 airports nationwide . Some have been completed and the earnings by FAAN in these airports before the remodeling have increased . A new national carrier with full private ownership will soon be launched and not only will it restore our pride, it will generate employment and additional revenue for FG.

6. Has NAMA and NCAA requested for any equipment or resources to do their regulatory job and was not provided by the aviation ministry ? Not heard or read anything as such.

7. Has the aviation ministry failed in their duties ? From the above it is safe to deduce that since she has performed satisfactorily in her primary and secondary duties, hence she hasn't failed .

8. Who should be blamed for regulatory and safety lapses ? NCAA and NAMA

9. Who is to be fired? .............You should be able to deduce that yourself .

(1) (2) (Reply)

People Please Help Me. I'm Hungry / After Nasarawa State, Sokoto State May Be Next In Line For Impeachment. / (A Must Read) How Egypt Air Wrongly Flew Me To Another Country, Tore My Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.