Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Letting Go And Moving On - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Letting Go And Moving On (1102 Views)

How Do I Move On When She's Not Letting Go? / Think Twice, Before Letting Go / She's Not Letting Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letting Go And Moving On by CastingCrowns(f): 2:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
Letting go and moving on are things easier said than done....ave tried ignoring,cutting off totally and wateva it is i could.....and it doesnt seem to be working...he is complex(to me)dnt really understand him and i ll hate to think am bugging some1's life dats y am trying to keep my distance and leave him be....am jst depressed....life is gat to go on sha.
Re: Letting Go And Moving On by Dyt(f): 2:59pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pele
Feel ur pain
Bn there, u wld get over him soon
Only if u willing to
Lock up
Re: Letting Go And Moving On by 44smart: 3:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
whn u dnt undstnd him,isn't he ur guy,y nt ask questions?perhaps u ar assuming instead of finding out.it dsnt mean bugn on him.u never cn tell.................
Re: Letting Go And Moving On by CastingCrowns(f): 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
Dyt: Pele
Feel ur pain
Bn there, u wld get over him soon
Only if u willing to
Lock up
thanks....
Re: Letting Go And Moving On by CastingCrowns(f): 3:08pm On Oct 06, 2013
44smart: whn u dnt undstnd him,isn't he ur guy,y nt ask questions?perhaps u ar assuming instead of finding out.it dsnt mean bugn on him.u never cn tell.................
he is a master in de art of silent treatment makes me feel like a nuisance....dats y i wanna keep my distance
Re: Letting Go And Moving On by 44smart: 3:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
i undstnd wot u feel.Once feel d same too esp.whn one has real feelings for d oda pson.cn i ask if he is sum1 u can see anytym 2 question.chances are that he also has his reason too if questioned
Re: Letting Go And Moving On by elfico(m): 3:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
Eyah....Sorry. To really love someone and then try to 4get abt them is very difficult. You can try to get him to help you understand him. Truth is, dats what men want. But if dat fails, then these should help
1. Find somebody else. This will help fill the void he has created in ur hrt. There is always someone that has a crush on u, bt u dont see them because u are busy loving the wrong person.
2. Try getting rid of evrything that reminds u of him.
3. If you can, remember ur relationship with him, then write everything down.
Remember, there is someone for evryone and love is also knowing when to let go.
Re: Letting Go And Moving On by CastingCrowns(f): 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
elfico: Eyah....Sorry. To really love someone and then try to 4get abt them is very difficult. You can try to get him to help you understand him. Truth is, dats what men want. But if dat fails, then these should help
1. Find somebody else. This will help fill the void he has created in ur hrt. There is always someone that has a crush on u, bt u dont see them because u are busy loving the wrong person.
2. Try getting rid of evrything that reminds u of him.
3. If you can, remember ur relationship with him, then write everything down.
Remember, there is someone for evryone and love is also knowing when to let go.
de advise is appreciated
Re: Letting Go And Moving On by CastingCrowns(f): 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
44smart: i undstnd wot u feel.Once feel d same too esp.whn one has real feelings for d oda pson.cn i ask if he is sum1 u can see anytym 2 question.chances are that he also has his reason too if questioned
he isnt one to be seen all the time
Re: Letting Go And Moving On by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
I know that feel...but you just have to. See, what I do is this: I erase every single detail I have of him apart from his pictures (for a reason I`d explain later), those pictures, I store them deep inside a place I know that with time I will forget.

Then at night, I`d lie down and start to think about everything, concentrating on the silly things I did, I think about it over and over again so I can feel the pain and get angry with myself, I don`t stop there, I make sure I get so angry I almost start crying. Why am I doing thisÉ to let it all out, to leave no stone unturned.

Then when I am tempted to contact him, I`d remember how I hurt myself and then say no, DO NOT DELETE AS A CONTACT, NO MATTER WHAT, just let him still be your contact, but start practicing self control.

Start concentrating on yourself, things you said you were gonna do but along the line.... lipsrsealed, at the same time, write down how you truly feel about him. Whether you still love him, write it all out, don`t bottle it up....WRITE IT OUT.....

With time you will get over him. Remember you need to let all the emotions out, both good and bad, and then realize that he doesn't care....

(This is my own medicine for situations like this, don`t know if it would work for you though)

Sorry and Hope you get over him soon smiley

2 Likes

Re: Letting Go And Moving On by CastingCrowns(f): 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2013
U are absolutely ryt ave done most of these...bt i deleted him from whatsapp and all...he made contact again and i fell headlong back in2 de same pattern
ReineViolet: I know that feel...but you just have to. See, what I do is this: I erase every single detail I have of him apart from his pictures (for a reason I`d explain later), those pictures, I store them deep inside a place I know that with time I will forget.

Then at night, I`d lie down and start to think about everything, concentrating on the silly things I did, I think about it over and over again so I can feel the pain and get angry with myself, I don`t stop there, I make sure I get so angry I almost start crying. Why am I doing thisÉ to let it all out, to leave no stone unturned.

Then when I am tempted to contact him, I`d remember how I hurt myself and then say no, DO NOT DELETE AS A CONTACT, NO MATTER WHAT, just let him still be your contact, but start practicing self control.

Start concentrating on yourself, things you said you were gonna do but along the line.... lipsrsealed, at the same time, write down how you truly feel about him. Whether you still love him, write it all out, don`t bottle it up....WRITE IT OUT.....

With time you will get over him. Remember you need to let all the emotions out, both good and bad, and then realize that he doesn't care....

(This is my own medicine for situations like this, don`t know if it would work for you though)

Sorry and Hope you get over him soon smiley
Re: Letting Go And Moving On by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 06, 2013
CastingCrowns: U are absolutely ryt ave done most of these...bt i deleted him from whatsapp and all...he made contact again and i fell headlong back in2 de same pattern

You shouldnt have deleted him from whatsapp no matter what, let him be there, yes it would cause you pain, but you are trying to erase the pain by letting it out and you should have left him...This time leave him and occupy your mind completely. If he pops into your mind, dont push it to the back, let the thought of him have its spotlight till your head hurts, then switch to something else.

Same thing happened to me, listen now you have to be sincere with yourself as in seriously sincere, if you two both continue with this, will it work out ?? Dont say we can make it work, or we cant change this and change that (referring to character), can you handle his character later on ?? If no, do not fall into the temptation that it will be better because it wont. It really wont.

Just be careful, He might act like he cares but you need to keep reminding yourself that its over and you need to move on. The chapter has ended. Talk normally and friendly but when he start to act romantic, draw the line- but nicely. draw the line nicely.
Re: Letting Go And Moving On by CastingCrowns(f): 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
Thank U@Reine violet....
Re: Letting Go And Moving On by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
CastingCrowns: Thank U@Reine violet....

Youre welcome anytime luv smiley
Re: Letting Go And Moving On by MEGA4BILLION(m): 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2013
Just give yourself a break and also keep yourself busy, very soon you will get over it.
Re: Letting Go And Moving On by mspee(f): 7:07pm On Oct 06, 2013
In the same situation. It's not easy sha. Lemme just apply some of these advise. smiley
Re: Letting Go And Moving On by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
Take a break from him, act lik he doesn't exist, occupy urself with other things and find some other way to make yourself happy. Donot make contact unless he does,and even when he does, don't act all happy and too clingy.infact sound distant.

If he truly cares, he would prob into whatz wrong and if he doesn't confront you, plsss don't wyn and go all soft , just let him be.as much as it soo hard to do, thatz the point when you will need to start learning to 4get him totally.

From experience, this kind of relationships never work out. Coz ur gona turn into a naggin machine if u don't put yourself in check and we all know men don't lik naggin women.
Re: Letting Go And Moving On by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
I know how hard it is to let go, I have been there.

You got some very good advice here.

I would say: don't put any pressure on yourself, it takes time, sometimes a lot of time.

I used to find it hard to let go of an ex and I realized that it was easier to allow myself to love him even though it was impossible to continue the relationship. The pain disappeared with time and I still have warm feelings when I think of him. We became friends after all but I don't suffer nor want him back. So no pressure honey! It's good to love others, don't stop if you can't, it's ok. Feel the pain when it's there, it will soon disappear. My best wishes and be strong but let your heart not turn cold or bitter. Kuddos kiss
Re: Letting Go And Moving On by CastingCrowns(f): 10:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
Thanks y'all am xo xo grateful kiss
Re: Letting Go And Moving On by 44smart: 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
CastingCrowns: he isnt one to be seen all the time
like seriously,i won't b too quick 2 judge,perhaps there are things u've failed @ on ur part, i won't b too quick in judging dt u 4get abt him, knowing fully that it isn't an easy thin 2 do most esp.when its hard 2 totally erase him frm u mind even doh u tried.things i suggest u do are
1. be sincere wit ursef as regards any of his behaviour.are dir possibility of effecting change?
2. Can u really define the type of feelings u ar still aving?
3. what ar ur own attitude/behaviour
if @ end of it al u really wanted 2 as u said, see him as nobody bt as friend.u dnt need 2 make an enemy 2 totally 4get,its a matter of mind.Engage ursef in sumtn dt wil add more 2 u.

(1) (Reply)

Should You Point Out His/her Annoying Trait Or Do You Tolerate It?? / Who Is To Blame For The Prevalent Teenage Pregnancy? [see Options] / What Do Men Really Want From Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.