Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,103 members, 7,838,791 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action (10076 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by Funpeter: 1:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
alcuin: Of what use? Has ASUU ever gone on solidarity strike for any union before? All I see a bunch of old and selfish men.

It pains me to notice that most people can't see that this strike is all about "EARNED ALLOWANCES", nothing more. The stories of decaying infrastructure are mere camouflages to gather sympathy. Of course, it is true that the education sector is in shambles, but truth should also prevail, ASUU also played a great role in the decay.

If you passed through our "ivory" towers, you will understand.
Bro i agree with you a lecturer still using the note given too him in sch when he was an graduate, what can of knowlege is he passing? D little given to them have they used it wisely or judiciously?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by alexleo(m): 1:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
The reason why all these government agencies are supporting ASUU is because they have experienced govt's insincerity in dealing with workers. As for the Reverend gentlemen who are condemning ASUU, tomorrow when ASUU is paid, they will still collect the tithe and offering of the money from ASUU members in their churches. They won't reject it. By then it will be -praise the Lord somebody.
Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by Funpeter: 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
alcuin: Of what use? Has ASUU ever gone on solidarity strike for any union before? All I see a bunch of old and selfish men.

It pains me to notice that most people can't see that this strike is all about "EARNED ALLOWANCES", nothing more. The stories of decaying infrastructure are mere camouflages to gather sympathy. Of course, it is true that the education sector is in shambles, but truth should also prevail, ASUU also played a great role in the decay.

Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by britneykyute(f): 2:03pm On Oct 07, 2013
jaryeh:

so,u think giving ASUU their outrageous demands will better the education sector. Take your time to go through their demands and see that it won't better anything but their account balance.
let it better dia acct..doyhu knw hw much a nigerian senator earns plus all d allowances...and they've never complained of delay in d payment of dia salary and yhua here tawkn jazzzzz...am guessn yhua not a student.
Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by kliverpool(m): 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2013
If u care to know people in the oil sector will do anything to create scarcity of PMS
that is what i believe nupeng is trying to do and they might not be acting alone.
As at today u can get pms for less than pump price in some petrol station.
Too much product in the country and they need sell.by time they announce the date of
the strike people will start buying more than they need.
the price will definitely up go when the strike is over.
Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by trolling(m): 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
ASSU this ASSU that, how does calling off the strike impact or improve the economy,those who have graduated where are the jobs

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by Knaruto(m): 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2013
Big4wig: Any government or leadership that fail to accord education priority in its desire for development is more than useless..

In another new..

Dear satan,just swallow the shame
and apologize to God so that we will all
go and live happily in d garden of Eden.
As Fire dey burn you so, e sweet?.
lwkmd....who told u..the devil is in hell....lmfao some pple dont read dia bible
Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by Truflux(m): 3:24pm On Oct 07, 2013
make we hear word jor.. everybody wan go strike. make GOd punish dem d government dem. infact GEJ make ASUU strike you dia.
Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by alexleo(m): 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2013

Why won't they fight for an allowance they earned? If you were a lecturer you would joined them. If your parents were lecturers you would ve supported them. Abeg carry your anger comot. Those who are going on solidarity strike are govt agencies who understands the dubious nature of the FG in dealing with workers. Its a good development that all these sectors are begining to show sympathy for one another. Now whenever FG is dealing with any of them, they be very careful for the fear of gang up fight. Until FG learns to be honest in dealing with workers, this is a good move.
Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by hod898(m): 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2013
If they should stop the distribution of petr products, transportation will be costly, kerosine and other by-products of petroleum will become costly as well. This union should give a second thought to their proposed strike bcoz its the masses that will feel the frustration, there'll be fuel scarcity and that means long chains of vehicles at different filling stations. So no, I'm not in support of their idea. undecided
Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by princesschloe: 5:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
Nigerians are just selfish. everyone fighting and clamoring for what will benefit him or her. I'm sure these students who are shouting that the strike should be called off despite FG's attitude won't be doing so if they were lecturers. Before you sit and condemn, make sure u won't do worse if u were Fagge. If things must change, then some people must suffer and endure. its just unfortunate that the students are the ones who have to endure now!! so that posterity will remember this period and commend all those who fought the good fight. After all FG has stopped salary for 2 months now, and ASUU is still unmoved, that is her own part of the endurance. lets all reason objectively without bias, in honour preferring one another. #peace#
Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by kommiejewel(f): 5:57pm On Oct 07, 2013
NLC should hav bn d ones embarkin on dis solidarity strike; abi dem don use money lock their mouth?:/
Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by alcuin(m): 6:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
alexleo:

Why won't they fight for an allowance they earned? If you were a lecturer you would joined them. If your parents were lecturers you would ve supported them. Abeg carry your anger comot. Those who are going on solidarity strike are govt agencies who understands the dubious nature of the FG in dealing with workers. Its a good development that all these sectors are begining to show sympathy for one another. Now whenever FG is dealing with any of them, they be very careful for the fear of gang up fight. Until FG learns to be honest in dealing with workers, this is a good move.

First, I don't banter words or attacked personalities. I focus on the issues at hand and try to be objective as best I can.

That said, show me where it is not true that ASUU is only interested in "EARNED ALLOWANCES" and also part of the rot wrecking the education sector. Whether FG is honest or not is another story, but as it stands now the FG has made a lot commitment to start with. Prudence should let ASUU understand and give up this strike. If otherwise, as it is now, it only suggests something of a political nature.

Waiting for your objective and articulate reply.

Thanks....
Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by Lawalemi(m): 7:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
I'm a member of NUPENG but this is stupid of them
Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by thomas4u: 7:31pm On Oct 07, 2013
what kind of govt do 9ja get self,una sure say e no go enter next year:this one when una oga jonathan neva talk anytin on top of ASUU mata e get as e be oo by sir t....everly
Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by Richiy(f): 9:09pm On Oct 07, 2013
This ASUU strike has actually taught me a lesson. It made me understand how insensible it is to make your parents your only source of money, because they believe that as long as they provide food for you, your needs are met. Now, av actually started seeing ways to become independent...nd I would advise any student that understands this too to start thinking....its not illegal yet. ASUU or no ASUU, we must make it.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by ninocia18(m): 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2013
angry angrySo how much is his cut from money. Selfish humans.
Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by badesco(m): 9:53pm On Oct 07, 2013
wetin concern agbero with overload? It is totally baseless and uncall for nupeng to join the strike with ASUU.
Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by Funpeter: 11:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
Lawalemi: I'm a member of NUPENG but this is stupid of them
Are you an excutive? Na wetin Oga @ d top talk u go follow now.
Re: ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action by comfortigbokwe: 3:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
Nawa o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Unwana Releases Second Semester Result / OAU & UNILORIN Fights Over Being The Nigerian Best University / Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.