Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah (7388 Views)

Buhari Orders Takeover Of Nigerian Airspace From Ghana / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by ritababe(f): 12:33pm On Oct 07, 2013
In a telephone interview he granted to Vanguard last Saturday concerning the tension that has gripped the nation’s aviation sector following last Thursday’s crash in Lagos and several other near air mishaps in Sokoto and Benin, Mr Joe Obi, the Special Adviser on Media to the Aviation Minister Princess Stella Oduah said there was nothing unusual about the situation.

Reacting to the reported incident of an air return from Benin to Abuja involving an Arik aircraft last Friday, he said it was nothing to worry about.
Said he: “I am not aware of the air return from Benin to Abuja which reportedly happened last Friday. But even if it happened, pilots who do so are usually applauded because it is a standard safety procedure to adopt when pilots are having landing difficulties. If this happens, it is not news.”
Also reacting to the emergency landing of a Kabo Airline aircraft at the Sokoto Airport which coincidentally occurred the same day, Obi stated that the Saudi Arabia bound plane only had a stop over at the Sokoto Airport to pick up additional passengers.
According to a statement he issued last Saturday evening:”On October 4, 2013, a Boeing 747-3 aircraft with Reg 5N-JRM, operated by Kabo Airlines arrived safely with all passengers and crew on board, following a landing incident at the Sokoto airport at 2100 GMT.

” The aircraft which departed from Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano was enroute Saudi Arabia when it had a stop-over at the Sokoto airport for passenger pick-up. “Preliminary reports indicate that the control tower gave the pilot clearance to land on Runway 08 but the captain, opted to use Runway 26, for reasons yet to be ascertained.
The 512 souls on board, made up of 494 passengers and 18 crew members landed safely. The aircraft however damaged parts of the Instruments Landing System (ILS) and came to a stop with deflated tyres. The FAAN emergency response apparatus acted swiftly to secure all souls on board and the aircraft.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/airspace-still-safe-stella-oduah/
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by Infomizer(m): 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
Of course the airspace is safe, it's the metal birds that have flu...wink

29 Likes

Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by BabaAlabi: 11:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
Don't listen to her o! When crossing the road look down for bombs and look up for planes that are about to crash.

7 Likes

Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by LajaLaba: 11:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
I believe u trust me
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 07, 2013
Sure is... Ada Oduah smiley blame it on dumbb pilots and china made airplanes
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by darkenrahl2(m): 11:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
If I hear...
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by hrykanu231(m): 11:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ok
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by edimabassey(m): 11:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
yeah its always safe we heard dat b4..... d space is mine
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by ibkgab001: 11:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
For real
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by dabrake(m): 11:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
Make I no go talk wetin I no sabi.
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by Brimmie(m): 11:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
Lol.. Best Sector!! grin grin
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by criuze(m): 11:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
ok naa, is it safe for my newly biult personal jet
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by Mosb(m): 11:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
God help us all cool..... I doubt iv anifin z safe in dis nigeria...
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by criuze(m): 11:51pm On Oct 07, 2013
is like they are anticippating space boko guys
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 07, 2013
In a telephone interview he granted to Vanguard last Saturday concerning the tension that has gripped the nation’s aviation sector following last Thursday’s crash in Lagos and several other near air mishaps in Sokoto and Benin, Mr Joe Obi, the Special Adviser on Media to the Aviation Minister Princess Stella Oduah said there was nothing unusual about the situation.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by Decapo: 11:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
Oh k
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by comrChris(m): 11:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
d only progressing sector,this woman is right btw der is no hw accident could be totally eradicated it can only be reduced
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by timpaker(m): 11:57pm On Oct 07, 2013

Yes it is safe. Even the birds now hide in the air in fear of the sick flying shark

1 Like

Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by Willgates(m): 12:05am On Oct 08, 2013
Yes,but u can't be too sure... tread with caution, use a condom! *safety first o
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by Thebrightest(m): 12:16am On Oct 08, 2013
HOW TO CROSS ROAD IN NIGERIA..
1. Kindly look right and left for vehicles and okada...
2. Look up for aeroplane crash (very important)...
3. Look down for bomb...
4. Look side and back for kidnappers....
5. Hold ur handbag tight and watch d person beside u...
6. Then walk zig-zag to avoid stray bullets..
Then you are 45% SAFE to cross the road.

9 Likes

Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 08, 2013
I believe her (at least, by Nigerian standards).

There should be tighter reins on private and chartered air-crafts though.
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 08, 2013
So safe!!! Smh...my problem is with the citizens not the government! We deserve what we are experiencing....
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by Olumidzti(m): 12:31am On Oct 08, 2013
We know, why are you telling us? We also know that air accidents are 'nothing unusual' & in Nigeria, that means safe..
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by dollarlander: 12:36am On Oct 08, 2013
Yes, we will know how safe it is when a good number of eminent Nigerians crash land into the Atlantic one day.
corrupt attitudes of nigeria leaders will destroy them all, one by one the planes they acquire in a corrupt way will crash land them. ask suntai.
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by nairacodedcom(m): 12:39am On Oct 08, 2013
We hope so
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 08, 2013
What's the similarity between the North of Nigeria and the aviation industry??

They are both not safe.
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by untainted: 12:52am On Oct 08, 2013
Very safe.......until the next crash occurs.

But with God and a little more supervision by aviation authorities, we can avoid the avoidable(s)

1 Like

Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by emiye(m): 1:03am On Oct 08, 2013
She should stay away from making sensitive comments like this in this period of mourning, ms stella oduah should be diplomatic with her choice of words

Her 2years tenure in the aviation ministry has witnessed the highest number of plane crashes in history of nigeria.

She needs to go beyond the focus on painting and modelling of nigerian airports. Safety first

1 Like

Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by Maximus85(m): 1:04am On Oct 08, 2013
REALITY101: Sure is... Ada Oduah smiley blame it on dumbb pilots and china made airplanes
Wow... Are you saying there are chinko and kpalasa planes? Hmmmmm interesting!!!!
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by judeeze: 1:07am On Oct 08, 2013
Nigeria! What a funny country
Associated ailine that just crashed was banned from making scheduled flights for obvious reasons
To my greatest suprise,they later got their licence back for charterd flight when we all know the unprintable resons why they were banned before
So why the suprise about this recent crash
This is just a tip of the iceberg.
Dr Joe
Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by manny4life(m): 1:14am On Oct 08, 2013
” The aircraft which departed from Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano was enroute Saudi Arabia when it had a stop-over at the Sokoto airport for passenger pick-up. “Preliminary reports indicate that the control tower gave the pilot clearance to land on Runway 08 but the captain, opted to use Runway 26, for reasons yet to be ascertained.
The 512 souls on board, made up of 494 passengers and 18 crew members landed safely. The aircraft however damaged parts of the Instruments Landing System (ILS) and came to a stop with deflated tyres. The FAAN emergency response apparatus acted swiftly to secure all souls on board and the aircraft.”

Why do I think this is a conspiracy? Control Tower gives clearance to land on Runway 08, and pilots opted for Runway 26 for reasons yet to be ascertained, meanwhile you testify that the aircraft damaged parts of the ILS with deflated tires. I'm sorry, someone isn't telling the whole truth. That airplane had already developed a problem before landing, please Mr. Obi, something is wrong somewhere. In the meantime, can NCAA seat up for once and ground some airplanes? This is becoming ridiculous, how many lives will be lost before action is taken?

2 Likes

Re: Our Airspace Is Still Safe - Stella Oduah by tellwisdom: 3:38am On Oct 08, 2013
Yes, it is, only with working aircrafts and a straight thinking pilot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Popular Person On Nairaland Politics Session? / Are Majority Of Hausas The Most Uncivilized People In Nigeria? / The Sophistication Of South West Population.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.