Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,314 members, 7,954,259 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:34 PM

ASUU And FG, Do You Know What Was Signed!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU And FG, Do You Know What Was Signed!! (539 Views)

Buhari And Fg’s 20,000 Abandoned Projects- NEWSWATCH / ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? / Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU And FG, Do You Know What Was Signed!! by Tinkinguy(m): 2:32pm On Oct 07, 2013
Okay thats it, Time’s up. So much noise for ASUU and FG signed Agreement.
Can someone who’s got a copy of the ASUU signed agreement give us a peep into it, cos’ am tired of people backing and arguing about what they are not informed of?

Let’s for once look at this agreement critically (Point by Point) as it is and even know what was agreed.

Information is power and can only direct you to the right way if you know it.

Cheers!!
Re: ASUU And FG, Do You Know What Was Signed!! by Tinkinguy(m): 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2013
Who' got a copy, please help out.
am sure many of us will be surprise and might even change our backing to either of the parties involved.

Still waiting.
Re: ASUU And FG, Do You Know What Was Signed!! by zieraw2005(m): 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
i think is what would guide our decision on what to say or do
Re: ASUU And FG, Do You Know What Was Signed!! by Tinkinguy(m): 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2013
I once over heard that it was a 7 or 8 points agreement on Channels face off program, but I tuned in late, so couldn’t pick out the content and what the point are meant to address, wither the Lecturers, Students or the school infrastructure.

Unfortunately, the media had not done good job on these demands, they need to let the Nigerian people know and understand what these demands are, so you and I can really join hand to advice both parties accordingly.

So who’s got the demands?
Re: ASUU And FG, Do You Know What Was Signed!! by Tinkinguy(m): 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2013
It’s hard to get, however, am picking the points via the net on a one on one basis as I come across each; below are some of the points though may not be in the order as listed by ASUU. other points to go; Please I culled these from different newspapers and stand to be corrected if its otherwise.

1. I[b]increasing the retirement age of lecturers from 65 to 70 year[/b]s…….. Learn this had been taken care of or sort.
2. Pay each lecturer N12,500 per month as profit from allowance, “The allowances include excess work burden, high carriage of scholar per lecturer, blame allowance, extending from administrative blame borne by addresses for demonstration, as Head of Department, Deans of abilities, written test agents, Course Advisers and Supervision of thesis.

I guess this is the cruise of the matter and that cumulatively came up to 92 billion Naira “And out of the N92 billion earned allowances demanded by ASUU, government has offered N30 billion to them for a start

3. A[b]lso that they are expecting that government should every year release N400 billion as infrastructure development in the various universities.[/b] (The Federal Government had promised to increase the N100 billion it had earlier released to the universities for infrastructure upgrade to N150 billion by next year.

“If government is going to increase the N100 billion for example and the N100 billion that will come from TetFund, what government is going to be giving is about N200 billion; not from Federal Budget, they still have their budget from the normal Federal budget.'' according to Education Minister

4. Federal Government assistance to state universities, What happens to the state Govt and their own role to their schools?
5. Establishment of NUPEMCO, (Nigerian University Pension Management Committee) I understood this is happening already as we speak as
6. Progressive increase in Annual Budgetary Allocation to education to 26 per cent between 2009 and 2020; This should be progressive I guess as they agreed, not automatic
7. Transfer of government landed property to universities How will this help the education sector if it is done? yet they want FG to still assist even when FG had transferred all the landed property to universities.

If you know about other points please feel free to add them.
Re: ASUU And FG, Do You Know What Was Signed!! by Tinkinguy(m): 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2013
Please add more points if you can and lets be informed about this thing which is almost burying our enviable sector

(1) (Reply)

Must Read!! Lessons Learnt From ALUU 4 Killings / Aviation Minister Under Fire For Attributing Crash To God / Barclays Targets Expansion In Nigeria "Very Good For A Slowing Economy"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.