Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

What Is Jihad? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Is Jihad? (2028 Views)

Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram / Wahhabism, Jihad And Boko Haram / Come And See jihad For What It Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Jihad? by asamuel: 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2008
any muslim there?
Re: What Is Jihad? by babs787(m): 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2008
Sure I am
Re: What Is Jihad? by asamuel: 8:57pm On Jun 30, 2008
so what is Jihad?
Re: What Is Jihad? by babs787(m): 9:16pm On Jun 30, 2008
Go to seach engine and educate yourself and when you are done, I would come in to eductae you further
Re: What Is Jihad? by asamuel: 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2008
you see, all of you keep silence as if jihad is not a muslim practice. I've seen what I'll be using to keep you guys shut on this site.

What is Jihad. Any muslim there? grin grin grin
Re: What Is Jihad? by olabowale(m): 11:08pm On Jun 30, 2008
@asamuel: Jihad is struggle against all types of evils. That include the one that may be in your heart. Also against jinn and man and yourself. It may also involve the physical fight or spiritual and moral fights.

Now, go. Take the advice of Babs787. When you have tried your hand at educating yourself, then come back and ask good and thought provoking questions. We will, InshaAllah be here to educate you as muslims. You did not know it when you were a muslim. Now you wanna know it when you are a christian.

I know about crusade. I hope you will be strong enough to talk about it as we go along.
Re: What Is Jihad? by Hannibal: 11:14pm On Jun 30, 2008
I am not a muslim.
Jihad is the struggle against all forms of evil and the greatest Jihad is one's conscience/heart. cheesy
Re: What Is Jihad? by littleb(m): 11:19am On Jul 01, 2008
'JIHAD' is an arabic word means struggling or striving. This applies to any effort one make towards achieving an aim.
What we are presently doing is a form of Jihad. making it clearer what someone know not. And there are some many jihad one can pertake in. Be it in education, politics, social etc.

In the West, "jihad" is generally translated as "holy war", a usage the media has popularized. If we translate the words "holy war" back into Arabic we find "harbun muqaddasatun", or for "the holy war", "al-harbu al-muqaddasatu". We challenge any researcher or scholar to find the meaning of "jihad" as holy war in the Qur'an or authentic Hadith collections or in early Islamic literature. Unfortunately, some Muslim writers and translators of the Qur'an, the Hadith and other Islamic literature translate the term "jihad" as "holy war", due to the influence of centuries-old Western propaganda. This could be a reflection of the Christian use of the term "Holy War" to refer to the Crusades of a thousand years ago. However, the Arabic words for "war" are "harb" or "qital", which are found in the Qur'an and Hadith.
Re: What Is Jihad? by samba123(m): 11:43am On Jul 01, 2008
asamuel:

so what is Jihad?

can I know how you defined Jihad in your own word

Littleb he give the definition of its now your turn to defined it
Re: What Is Jihad? by asamuel: 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2008
holy war? Can a war be holy?
Re: What Is Jihad? by olabowale(m): 3:33pm On Jul 01, 2008
@asamuel: Google video "The Christian missionary atrocities." Then tell me about holy war of Bible thumpers, that even now is unrelenting in Iraq, Afghanistan, and many other Islamic societies.
Re: What Is Jihad? by babs787(m): 9:15pm On Jul 01, 2008
@assamuel

Can you please tell your own understanding of Jihad when you were a muslim?
Re: What Is Jihad? by subzeeero(m): 9:24am On Jul 02, 2008
AA,

Jihad can never be translated as holy war, the Arabic phrase for holy war is harbal muqaddasa and it doesn't appear anywhere in the Qur'an.

It is disheartening to see somebody who has lost his faith for any reason, but for you my friend, it is more disheartening because you lost your faith because of worldly things(according to my understanding of your write up).

We have been reminded numerous times that this world is the paradise of the unbelievers and a prison for the believers, so don't expect everything to be going smoothly in your life if you believe. This is because, this world is a testing ground not a rewarding ground. You are to be tested with the things you mostly love to really certify your belief and if you pass, you are promised eternal bliss in paradise. On the other hand if you fail you get to be punished accordingly.

Success in this world is only for a limited time but success in the next world is eternal. So, don't judge your success by what you may achieve in this world as you will die one day and leave everything behind.

Pious people usually evaluate themselves if they don't face challenges in their life because they think that they have done something wrong and Allah is waiting for the hereafter to punish them.

My advice for my fellow nairalanders is to seek success in this world with caution, as we will leave everything in this world one day and face our Creator with our deeds.

Asamuel, i urge you to settle down and rethink what success you want and then choose a path that will take you to it.
Re: What Is Jihad? by olabowale(m): 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2008
@asamuel:

Now you kept on saying you read the Bible and you found some contradictory verses. Because you could not quote those verses, I take those to be untrue. The qu'ran Surah III ayat 55 says:

55. Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

The following is the link to the qu'ran if you doubt where I got it:

http://www.wright-house.com/religions/islam/Quran/3-family-of-imran.php

You do know that the tafsir of the Qur'an is the explanation of the essence of the Qur'an. From the tafsir, you will be able to have a better understanding of the Verse of the Qur'an. I will use the Tafsir of Ibn kathir for simplicity and ease of its research. If truly that you knew anything about the AlQur'an, you would have heard the word "Zina," being a word meaning illegal sexual act. Therefore girlfriend/boyfriend that you and your friends, male and females indulged in between yourselves should have very clear as being illegal and unacceptable to you. Allah says that people should not even come close to it. And it was further said that it leads to other evil things as well. This shows that illegal sex is evil that leads to other evils. How you did not know that this was a sin, beats me. Didn't the story of Yusuf tells you something?

Now I need to give you the tafsir ofChapter 3 Verse 55, which you quoted above. But did you take for a moment that Allah says in the Qur'an that Christianity will be the religion of success, while Islam the religion of failure? Didn't you gain anything from the last verse of Surah Fatiha, where christians are the maglubi people, people who are astray? Didn't you know where Allah talks about them taking Jesus to be god, in Surah Al Maidah and they being advised not to over step the boundary, and therefore stop saying "three?" Did you not read the issue about the dialogue between Allah and Jesus that will come in theday of judgement in this Surah? Did you not read about the conditions of the Christians in Surah Mariam? Did you not read the first few Ayah of Surah Kahf which goes against Christianity? Did you not read Surah Saff, Verse 6 and read that jesus role, among others was to announce the coming of Muhammad as Ahmad? Did you not read Surah Ambiyyah and realize that Jesus was no more than a human prophet? You need to read Surah Al Imran, again. Now that you are in the states, you probably will be able to use your marble better.

But please look around the United States. Do you see indigenous muslims all over the place? Where are yiu in the states; I know almost the whole country just like the back of my hand.You can tell me that you have not seen black, white, Spanish, etc yanks who are muslims. And no one is forcing the women to cover up either. As it may be a good effort that benefits you in this world only to struggle and arrive in this US shores, without the help of your family, yet still bcome a success. The fact of the matter is that you are not alone and your story is not that unique. I will ask you to call masjid Taqwa, between Franklin and Bedford on Fulton street, in Brooklyn, NY. Alhaji Ahmed Opetubo is a member who came to America without more form 4 secondary education. Today, he had been a city of NY contract manager, as well as being a contract manager of public policy for the UN. He had a master's degree from Columbia, an Ivy league School. He now has his own accounting firm. In all the while, he rediscovered Islam, a mere 10 years or so ago! There are many stories like that.

And before i go to the Tafsir, I need to tell you the story of Zainab, an Ibo woman, from the Owerri King household. She is a lawyer for the UN, who jettison all over the world resolving societal conflicts. She is arriving to South Africa today from Philippines, while she lives in Malaysia. 2 years ago in April, she and I met. The first thing i told her is that if she wanted me, its either she defended Christianity by selling it to me and making me Christian. Otherwise i will defend islam and sell it to her and when she is ready and know the truth she should consider becoming a muslim. By Allah, she is a muslim today and it is in islam that she got this honorable job. She never lost sight of her person. God willing, her mother will become a muslim, this year. So will be her siblings. And by the way, my mother is a muslim, who just converted at around the age of 80+ years in christianity!
Re: What Is Jihad? by olabowale(m): 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2008
@asamuel:

Now you kept on saying you read the Bible and you found some contradictory verses. Because you could not quote those verses, I take those to be untrue. The qu'ran Surah III ayat 55 says:

55. Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

The following is the link to the qu'ran if you doubt where I got it:

http://www.wright-house.com/religions/islam/Quran/3-family-of-imran.php

The Jews Plot to Kill `Isa

Allah states that the Children of Israel tried to kill `Isa by conspiring to defame him and crucify him. They complained about him to the king who was a disbeliever. They claimed that `Isa was a man who misguided people, discouraged them from obeying the king, caused division, and separated between man and his own son. They also said other lies about `Isa, which they will carry on their necks, including accusing him of being an illegitimate son. The king became furious and sent his men to capture `Isa to torture and crucify him. When they surrounded `Isa's home and he thought that they would surely capture him, Allah saved him from them, raising him up from the house to heaven. Allah put the image of `Isa on a man who was in the house; when the unjust people went in the house while it was still dark, they thought that he was `Isa. They captured that man, humiliated and crucified him. They also placed thorns on his head. However, Allah deceived these people. He saved and raised His Prophet from them, leaving them in disarray in the darkness of their transgression, thinking that they had successfully achieved their goal. Allah made their hearts hard, and defiant of the truth, disgracing them in such disgrace that it will remain with them until the Day of Resurrection. This is why Allah said,

(And they plotted, and Allah planned too. And Allah is the Best of those who plot.

(55. And (remember) when Allah said: "O `Isa! I will take you and raise you to Myself and purify [save] you from those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you superior to those who disbelieve till the Day of Resurrection. Then you will return to Me and I will judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute.'' (56. "As to those who disbelieve, I will punish them with severe torment in this world and in the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers.'') (57. And as for those who believe and do righteous good deeds, Allah will pay them their reward in full. And Allah does not like the wrongdoers.) (58. This is what We recite to you of the verses and the Wise Reminder.)
Re: What Is Jihad? by olabowale(m): 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2008
@asamuel:
Meaning of `Take You

Allah said, (I will take you and raise you to Myself) while you are asleep. Allah said in a similar Ayat, (It is He Who takes your souls by night (when you are asleep).) [6:60], and, (It is Allah Who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and those that die not during their sleep.) [39:42].

The Messenger of Allah used to recite the following words when he would awaken; (All the thanks are due to Allah Who brought us back to life after He had caused us to die (sleep), and the Return is to Him). Allah said, (And because of their disbelief and allegations against Maryam and because of their saying "We killed Al-Masih `Isa, son of Maryam, the Messenger of Allah, ـ but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared that way to them) until, (For surely; they killed him not But Allah raised him up unto Himself. And Allah is Ever All-Powerful, All-Wise. And there is none of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) but must believe in him before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection, he [`Isa] will be a witness against them.) [4:156-159]

`His death' refers to `Isa, and the Ayah means that the People of the Book will believe in `Isa, before `Isa dies. This will occur when `Isa comes back to this world before the Day of Resurrection, as we will explain. By that time, all the People of the Book will believe in `Isa, for he will annul the Jizyah and he will only accept Islam from people. Ibn Abi Hatim recorded that Al-Hasan said that Allah's statement, (I will take you) is in reference to sleep, for Allah raised `Isa while he was asleep.

Altering the Religion of `Isa

Allah said, (And purify [save] you from those who disbelieve) by raising you to heaven, (And I will make those who follow you superior to those who disbelieve, till the Day of Resurrection) This is what happened. When Allah raised `Isa to heaven, his followers divided into sects and groups. Some of them believed in what Allah sent `Isa as, a servant of Allah, His Messenger, and the son of His female-servant.
However, some of them went to the extreme over `Isa, believing that he was the son of Allah. Some of them said that `Isa was Allah Himself, while others said that he was one of a Trinity. Allah mentioned these false creeds in the Qur'an and refuted them. The Christians remained like this until the third century CE, when a Greek king called, Constantine, became a Christian for the purpose of destroying Christianity.

Constantine was either a philosopher, or he was just plain ignorant. Constantine changed the religion of `Isa by adding to it and deleting from it. He established the rituals of Christianity and the so-called Great Trust, which is in fact the Great Treachery. He also allowed them to eat the meat of swine, changed the direction of the prayer that `Isa established to the east, built churches for `Isa, and added ten days to the fast as compensation for a sin that he committed, as claimed. So the religion of `Isa became the religion of Constantine, who built more then twelve thousand churches, temples and monasteries for the Christians as well as the city that bears his name, Constantinople (Istanbul). Throughout this time, the Christians had the upper hand and dominated the Jews. Allah aided them against the Jews because they used to be closer to the truth than the Jews, even though both groups were and still are disbelievers, may Allah's curse descend on them.

When Allah sent Muhammad , those who believed in him also believed in Allah, His Angels, Books and Messengers in the correct manner. So they were the true followers of every Prophet who came to earth. They believed in the unlettered Prophet , the Final Messenger and the master of all mankind, who called them to believe in the truth in its entirety. This is why they had more right to every Prophet than his own nation, especially those who claim to follow their Prophet's way and religion, yet change and alter his religion. Furthermore, Allah abrogated all the laws that were sent down to the Prophets with the Law He sent Muhammad with, which consists of the true religion that shall never change or be altered until the commencement of the Last Hour. Muhammad's religion shall always be dominant and victorious over all other religions. This is why Allah allowed Muslims to conquer the eastern and western parts of the world and the kingdoms of the earth. Furthermore, all countries submitted to them; they demolished Kisra (king of Persia) and destroyed the Czar, ridding them of their treasures and spending these treasures for Allah's sake. All this occurred just as their Prophet told them it would, when he conveyed Allah's statement,

(Allah has promised those among you who believe and do righteous good deeds, that He will certainly grant them succession in the land, as He granted it to those before them, and that He will grant them the authority to practice their religion which He has chosen for them. And He will surely give them in exchange a safe security after their fear (provided) they worship Me and do not associate anything with Me.) [24:55]. Therefore, Muslims are the true believers in `Isa. The Muslims then acquired Ash-Sham from the Christians, causing them to evacuate to Asia Minor, to their fortified city in Constantinople. The Muslims will be above them until the Day of Resurrection. Indeed, he, Muhammad , who is truthful and who received the true news, has conveyed to Muslims that they will conquer Constantinople in the future, and seize its treasures.
Re: What Is Jihad? by olabowale(m): 1:13pm On Jul 02, 2008
I really do not know why asamuel's entry was erased. Afterall I did not see anything that he said that was bad. Also we are grown ups. I do not think that we should be treated like children. Moreover, there is a decorum of how a child is to be trated anyhow. You do not treat a 5 year old as you will treat a 2 year old. I was just answering to his entry, and its unfortunate that we can not be given an opportunity to have honest dialogue.

Those hot on the collar Muslims need to learn restraints. No one can love Muhammad more than Allah. Yet He allowed those who are the enemies of Muhammad remain to have their share of the world. So I think those who are intimidating Seun and his organization, so much that he is just not allowing a good discuss to take place on the forum anymore, should know that your actions are oppressive. You need to stop it. And you don't love islam more than anyone of us, the other Muslims.
Re: What Is Jihad? by Mustay(m): 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2008
those posts were diverting from the topic.

You participate actively here and you know there's a Muslim Converts thread
Re: What Is Jihad? by littleb(m): 4:49pm On Jul 02, 2008
Haa!
samuel story and my response to him were removed. It should have been there for the whole world to see it.
Re: What Is Jihad? by Mustay(m): 10:03am On Jul 03, 2008

Asamuel spammed on this board.
Re: What Is Jihad? by todak(m): 6:52pm On Mar 27, 2009
@ poster
Let us face today's reality, The war in Iraq is a political war by the US, they are only trying to prove their supremeness over Iraq, so do not attribute it to chritianity. you get that. We all know the meaning of Jihad, it only depends on our understanding, abi, but the war fought by Usman Dan fodio is a Jihad isn't it? then what is the arguement about/ Jihad simply means fighting Infidels.
Re: What Is Jihad? by babs787(m): 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2009
@Todak

@ poster
Let us face today's reality, The war in Iraq is a political war by the US, they are only trying to prove their supremeness over Iraq, so do not attribute it to chritianity. you get that. We all know the meaning of Jihad, it only depends on our understanding, abi, but the war fought by Usman Dan fodio is a Jihad isn't it? then what is the arguement about/ Jihad simply means fighting Infidels.

Funny how I have been around for few days and you, Davidylan litter this section with your lies. Please wise up and let us discuss intelligently and in a mature way.

Do you care to prove me your own understanding of Jihad with facts?
Re: What Is Jihad? by dexmond: 12:55pm On Aug 16, 2009
@ POSTER

It means spreading Islam by violence as directed by the quran in the following scriptures:

2:216 "Fighting is prescribed for you and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But God knoweth and ye know not."

2:224 "Then fight in the cause of God and know that God heareth and knoweth all things."

3:157-158 "And if ye are slain or die in the way of God, forgiveness and mercy from God are far better than all they could amass. And if ye die, or are slain, Lo! It is unto God that ye are brought together."

3:169 "Think not of those who are slain in God's way as dead. Nay, they live finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord."

3:195 ", Those who have , fought or been slain, verily I will blot out from them their iniquities and admit them into Gardens with rivers flowing beneath; a reward from the presence of God , "

4:101 ", For the Unbelievers are unto you open enemies."

4:74, 75 "Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter. To him who fighteth in the cause of God whether he is slain or gets victory, soon shall we give him a reward of great (value). Those who believe fight in the cause of God and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil, so fight ye against the friends of Satan, feeble indeed is the cunning of Satan."

4:89 "They but wish that ye should reject faith as they do, and thus be on the same footing as they. But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of God. But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them…"

4:95 "Not equal are those believers who sit at (at home) and receive no hurt and those who strive and fight in the cause of God with their goods and their persons. God hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than those who sit (at home).

5:36 "The punishment of those who wage war against God and His apostle and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land. That is their disgrace in this world and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter."

5:54 "O ye who believe. Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors. They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust."

8:12-17 "Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you. Give firmness to the believers. I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers. Smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger tips off them. This because they contend against God and his apostle. If any contend against God and his apostle, God is strict in punishment , O ye who believe. When ye meet the unbelievers in hostile array, never turn your backs to them. If any do turn his back to them on such a day, unless it be a stratagem of war , he draws on himself the wrath of God and his abode is Hell, an evil refuge (indeed)."

8:59-60 "Let not the unbelievers think that they can get the better (of the godly). They will never frustrate (them). Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies of God and your enemies and others besides, whom ye may not know, but whom God doth know , "

8:65 "O apostle! Rouse the believers to the fight. If there are twenty amongst you, patient and persevering, they will vanquish two hundred. If a hundred they will vanquish a thousand of the unbelievers, for these are a people without understanding."

9:5 ", fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war) , "

9:14 "Fight them, and God will punish them by your hands, cover them with shame , "

9:29 "Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and his apostle nor acknowledge the Religion of Truth (even if they are) of the people of the Book, until they pay the Jizya [religious tax] with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

47:4 "Therefore, when ye meet the unbelievers, smite at their necks, at length when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them) , but if it had been God's will, he could certainly have exacted retribution from them (himself), but (he lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the way of God, he will never let their deeds be lost."

61:4 "Truly God loves those who fight in His cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure."
Re: What Is Jihad? by olabowale(m): 2:47pm On Aug 16, 2009
@dexmond: Onward marching christian soldiers. A good fighting song.
Re: What Is Jihad? by Abuzola(m): 2:50pm On Aug 16, 2009
Those verses were kind of encouragement for the muslim to fight the pagan and unbelievers after suffering severely in their hand without retaliating for a long time.

Compiled by Abuzola

Lets see how and why jihad is fought:

who are those given authority to fight jihad ?

Answer: 'Permission to fight is given to those who are fought against, because they have been wronged and surely Allah is Able to give them (believers) victory' Quran 22:39

if thats the case, then why do muslim transgress in their jihad ?

Answer:'and fight in the way of Allah, those who fight you but transgress not the limits. Truly Allah likes not the transgressors' Quran 2:190

incredible, then what is the position of the muslim who kill the christians or jews without any breakout of oppression nor during collateral war or during mutual peace reign ?

Answer: 'And do not kill anyone whose killing Allah forbidden, except for a just cause (retaliation of murder etc)' Quran 17:33

'Allah ordained for the children of Israel that if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder or to spread mischief in the land, It would be as if he killed all mankind and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind' Quran 5:32

Bible jihad: Jesus ordered followers to sell their mantle and buy sword luke 22:35-36.

Jesus said 'Do not think that i have come to bring peace on earth, i have not come to bring peace but a sword' mathew 10:34

David destroyed a whole nation. 2 samuel 12:13

moses mass murder. Number 31:16-18.

Ezekiel slay thousands. Ezekiel 9:5-6.

The Book of Genesis 9:5-6 order to kill a murderer in retaliation for the killing.
Because of time factor i had to summarize some of the bible portion, but if you disagree with any portion i quoted let me know so i can write the full context and let the people judge.
Re: What Is Jihad? by dexmond: 12:16pm On Aug 22, 2009
Christians don't war against humans. The song is for the christians to be courageous and face the devil.
Ephesians 6:12:
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Onward, Christian soldiers,
Marching as to war.
With the cross of Jesus
Going on before!
Christ, the royal Master,
Leads against the foe;
Forward into battle,
See His banner go!

Marching as to war.
With the cross of Jesus
Going on before!

At the sign of triumph
Satan's host dost flee;
On, then, Christian soldiers,
On to victory!
Hell's foundations quiver
At the shout of praise;
Brothers, lift your voices,
Loud your anthems raise!

Marching as to war.
With the cross of Jesus
Going on before!

Like a mighty army
Moves the church of God;
Brothers, we are treading
Where the saints have trod;
We are not divided;
All one body we,
One in hope and doctrine,
One in charity.

Marching as to war.
With the cross of Jesus
Going on before!

Onward, then ye people,
Join our happyy throng,
Blend with ours your voices
In the triumph song;
Glory, laud, and honor,
Unto Christ the King:
This thro' countless ages
Men and angels sing.

Marching as to war.
With the cross of Jesus
Going on before!
Re: What Is Jihad? by olabowale(m): 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2009
@dexmond: the fighting irish does not fight. a wrester does not wrestle to beat or defeat his opponent. those fighting for freedom, dont fight their opponents, the enemies of liberty.

american soldiers wrote on the ordinants they dropped on Iraq in the first war in 1991; say hello to Allah, you now get your virgins, etc! well, the american soldiers, by and large and the other collision of the willings especially the superpowers of europe, are mainly christians, and do fight for jesus, because in the last and still on going wars in afghanistan and iraq, many in the position of power; john ashcroft, the attorney general of the US when the war began, some conservative generals, some congress men, and indeed president george bush said that their god is bigger than Muslim God, while the christian god sent his son to die the muslim God wants your son to die, and the president even said that this is crusade. i remember a foolish conservative christian congressman from some southern stated that tey aught to bomb the Kaaba!

How I had wished it was carried out and let us see the Power of Allah in plain sight. the muslims will not have to do anything except that Allah will defend His ordained House!

dexmond, please dont tell me story, and there is no christian powerhose that simply followed what you said the song was all about, except that you are all hypocrites, one and all! how do you say something and do other? and you may encourage those who will want to know if Allah is the Creator to bomb the Kaaba. He Allah alone will bring about the destructions of the would be bombers.
Re: What Is Jihad? by dexmond: 8:28pm On Aug 23, 2009
I hope you know how the world hates christians? I mean genuinely born-again.
Re: What Is Jihad? by olabowale(m): 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2009
where? America has national cathedral in dc. i live in christian community. tell me which america hates genuine christians? Osisi, Pilgrim, lady, davidylan, etc defend our adopted land against this blasphamer about it hating christianity! our new country loves christianity, and the purer the better. we have christian zionist and our conservative christian born again are working hard to force God's hand in bringing back the messiah jesus as quickly as possible, because of rapture, etc and oh, the building anew of the temple in jerusalem!

Notice that it did not say Church, but temple. One should wonder which one will Jesus worship in when he returns? Who is he going to worship since I did not say he will be worshipped but worship in?
Re: What Is Jihad? by olabowale(m): 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2009
And asamuel ran away without telling us what he learnt about Jihad. I wonder what he will define as har'b, in Surah Almaidah, verse 64? This dude has a christian last name, and he has a muslim first name and he is telling us that he convertedout of Islam and his father, who has a christian name disowned him, since the whole household is Islamic! What is surprising is thatthis family is ethnic Yoruba in Nigeria. Is this possible? Ngbo Pligrim, since your case is somewhat similar, except that everyone of your family is now christian, found jesus according to you, is it posible that your last name was always christian name, even though your bloodline was Islamic, assuming that the grandparents were muslims, the only reason dad was a muslim, naturally before you brought Christianity to him, which he finally adopted?

My mother's last name is Samuel, and her name is Victoria. Now that she became muslim woman, she still have the last name, Samuel, but took Mariam along with Victoria as her names, now. I am of the opinion that my mother's last name tells you what her father's religion was except if he was also a revert, then we have to assume it was grandpa's name. My mother as a daughter of Samuel could never have said that her father's bloodline was always Islamic, it will be assumed that she was not telling the truth based on that name alone!
Re: What Is Jihad? by focused123(m): 7:03pm On Nov 28, 2009
Jihad in Arabic it means Struggle/Endeavour/ Fighting in the cause of Allah / Warfare.

Contrary to all the falsified assertions by politically correct westerners and aided and abetted by Muhammadans who have every reason to hide the truth, Jihad is not a SPIRITUAL STRUGGLE for excellence but a CONTINUOUS WAR against all Christians and others who are not Muhammedans until all of humanity is either converted to Muhammadan Islam or is subject to it.
Re: What Is Jihad? by Abuzola11(m): 11:41pm On Nov 28, 2009
'And whomsoever Allah wills to guide, He opens his breast to Islam and Whomsoever He wills to send astray, He makes his breast closed and constricted as if he is climbing up to the sky. Thus does Allah puts the wrath on those who believe not'

Quran 6:125

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muhammad Would Never Approve Of Torture / Late Sheikh Ibraheem Nyaas Appears After 37 Years. / Moon Sighting Or Moon Fighting; Why Is Hilal Confusing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.