Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience (12549 Views)

Using Linkedin In Your Job Search / Questions A Job Seeker Shouldn't Ask In An Interview. / Help This Frustrated Job Seeker. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by stepping01: 4:51pm On Oct 08, 2013
Nice post. Missed this my comical friend. Inbox me ur number via sms.
Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by presiade(m): 4:58pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ok...nice one. I will surely write my own too very soon to show the pitfalls to those still searching, honestly job search is not easy... I'm waiting to resume with a good coy by October ending.

2 Likes

Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by ngjpub: 5:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by ade101(m): 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
good start

1 Like

Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by mascot87(m): 5:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by deenee: 5:32pm On Oct 08, 2013
An inspiring and touching story. I like the part where the writer indicated that he had to change his job hunting skills and mindset before the offers started to trickle in.

I hope that your story will serve as a point of contact for other people in need of a job.

Stay blessed

3 Likes

Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by tellwisdom: 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2013
You got a cheap job and you are here shouting and disturbing our peace, most especially my peace. Why don't you buy a slot with CNN and broadcast your newly found job?? sad...What is really wrong with our youthsangry

1 Like

Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by wrench: 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
I That Ain't Even A Graduate I Know How Many Times I've Been Turned Down. Really Inspiring, My Story Is Next In Line.

1 Like

Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by wrench: 6:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
tellwisdom: You got a cheap job and you are here shouting and disturbing our peace, most especially my peace. Why don't you buy a slot with CNN and broadcast your newly found job?? sad...What is really wrong with our youthsangry
Dude Why Are U A Sadist? And I'm Very Sure U Are Jobless. Cos It's Only Poor Men That Do Complain And Cringe The Way U Do.

3 Likes

Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by DMainMan: 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
Good News. Caleb University in
conjunction with Lagos State Government
is giving out scholarship award
to students to obtain free Bsc degree
programmes. Application form submission deadline is Oct 10

For more info, go to this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1470460/free-bsc-degree-scholarship-award
Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by luckgood(m): 6:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
Henrick007: AM off to Johannesburg General Hospital. My neighbour's kid has just swallowed an 8 gigabytes memory card. At first it choked him but he is ok now. Trouble is that he is busy singing all the songs in the card, we are worried of what is gonna happen when he gets to the videos section!

i wonder how he will react when he get to the picture section...crazy stuffs!

1 Like

Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by lovekillz(m): 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
Congratulations sir, am happy for you sir.

1 Like

Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by BUSYBRAIN2(m): 7:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
Today, I feel proud to be a tuskite...CONGRAT Bro, I rep NUASA '13

1 Like

Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by nenergy(m): 7:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
BUSY BRAIN: Today, I feel proud to be a tuskite...CONGRAT Bro, I rep NUASA '13
NUASA please remind me what faculty that is? Cool bro cool
Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by tellwisdom: 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
wrench:
Dude Why Are U A Sadist? And I'm Very Sure U Are Jobless. Cos It's Only Poor Men That Do Complain And Cringe The Way U Do.

Are you talking to me?? angry
Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by nenergy(m): 7:31pm On Oct 08, 2013
tellwisdom: You got a cheap job and you are here shouting and disturbing our peace, most especially my peace. Why don't you buy a slot with CNN and broadcast your newly found job?? sad...What is really wrong with our youthsangry
I am too excited about a dream come true to 'fight' with you. Please read my post SLOWLY.......and you'll notice i said; "I got a job (my first BIG job) ", meaning better and more challenging ones are LOADING tongue

1 Like

Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by NigeriaKitchen: 7:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hello Mr Nenergy, your write-up can inspire a lot of job seekers, could u pls post it on this facebook fan page?

www.facebook.com/UnadvertisedJobAlerts

and to all those that have not yet found a job placement, kindly visit the fan page above and like it so that u can be receiving free unadvertised and certain advertised job alerts

Our mission is to assist all youths willing to work, to find job placement to enable them start a meaningful life, by providing them with correct and up-to-date info on all secret job vacancies in and outside Nigeria.

Visit and you will be glad you did, and do share it with your loved ones to also assist them.

May God help all the yet-to-be employed youths to find a deserving job soon.

Once again, well done poster.

1 Like

Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by Ahuitzotl: 7:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
nenergy:
I am too excited about a dream come true to 'fight' with you. Please read my post SLOWLY.......and you'll notice i said; "I got a job (my first BIG job) ", meaning better and more challenging ones are LOADING tongue
Yes we have heard, why don't stop you bragging and allow some unfortunate jobseekers out there some peace, yes?!.Jobs come jobs go but life still goes on...
Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by NigeriaKitchen: 7:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hi Tellwisdom, even if it is a low pay job, at least he now has a means of livelihood and can take care of his personal need, which means he is no longer amongst those we can call: unemployed.

And again, he should be encouraged, commended and appreciated for deeming it feat to thank God for the little little while praying and hoping for the big, which will surely come cos he is grateful and thankful.

So I would suggest u apologise to him and withdraw your initial statement pls.

Thanks
Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by t12tosin: 7:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
The Company men cool
that's one good movie.
it preped me to start ma business
Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by ecolime(m): 7:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
Na wa for nairalanders oo. So many bad belles. Be happy for the guy and stop hating on him.
Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by Phrankin(m): 7:50pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ahuitzotl: Yes we have heard, why don't stop you bragging and allow some unfortunate jobseekers out there some peace, yes?!.Jobs come jobs go but life still goes on...
Na waaooo!!! People get problems for this world. If you no happy that your guy get job, why not just jump and pass. Or better still, go Bleep a transformer.
Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by everyday: 7:50pm On Oct 08, 2013
The story sound convincing though
Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by GentleMimi: 8:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
Really awesome...i picked up smtin frm ur post,which is,even when ur breakthrough seems delayed,try to develop urself in everyway u can.D'nt just sit on ur behind and expect a miracle! Work towards d miracle. God bless all job seekers out there.I got my job a month after passing out this year,and i pray dat the same faithful God will do a better one for y'all.

1 Like

Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by GentleMimi: 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
Phrankin: Na waaooo!!! People get problems for this world. If you no happy that your guy get job, why not just jump and pass. Or better still, go Bleep a transformer.
abeg d'nt mind all these haters! They feel insecured.
Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
ASUU why? Please who get Nokia charger for here?
Re: Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience by tellwisdom: 8:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
NigeriaKitchen: Hi Tellwisdom, even if it is a low pay job, at least he now has a means of livelihood and can take care of his personal need, which means he is no longer amongst those we can call: unemployed.

And again, he should be encouraged, commended and appreciated for deeming it feat to thank God for the little little while praying and hoping for the big, which will surely come cos he is grateful and thankful.

So I would suggest u apologise to him and withdraw your initial statement pls.

Thanks

Please don't "Hi" me undecided.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Massive Shake Up In NNPC, 55 Staff Affected / Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! / 5 Reasons Working From Your Home Is The Best.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.