Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola (14460 Views)

Re: New National Curriculum: No Merger Of Crs And Irs / List Of Schools & Their 2012/2013 UTME Cut-off Marks / Nigeria: Fg To Hand Over 100 Almajiri Schools By June (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by mariong(m): 10:51am On Oct 08, 2013
The governor should know this missionary school has tenets traced to it's roots. Whatever he's doing is only destroying a long standing history guided by a particular belief. This is a christian school that doesn't allow the use of hijab, you bring in hijab wearing students and you don't expect issues raised? I'd say that is plain dumb, he should have known better not to do such as we have seen the use of hijab become an issue in some public schools. Tomorrow if something happens in this same school connected to hijab another fresh argument will start. He should better avoid whatever will cause any form of religious trouble.

4 Likes

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by InHim4Him(m): 10:54am On Oct 08, 2013
Wsdm: *Where is religious tolerant?
*Why are the Muslims not protesting as well?
*Is hijab/ covering only Muslim things( Mary's portraits Is always on hijab)?
* I hope this nonsense will not divide the enviable religious tolerant of the Yorubas.
GEJ OVER TO YOU; AN OPPORTUNITY TO CAUSE DIVIDE IN AN OPPOSITION STATE IN PREPARATION FOR 2015.
Is it GEJ that merged the school? Go get a life and stop your hate smear.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by thelastmediator: 10:57am On Oct 08, 2013
where is the love? If adults that are suppose to teach the children about tolerance are protesting for reasons like this one, I fear for the future of this country. I was in and out of two relationships because their family won't allow them marry from other religion.

I think Christ and Muhammad will deny a lot of people because they are so unlike them.

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by InHim4Him(m): 10:58am On Oct 08, 2013
Haywhymido: See segregation of d highest order.since d schools av bin merged if xtians r allow to attend muslim public schools,y will d xtians stop d muslims 4rm attendin dia schools.I av said it b4, na dis xtians go start religion war 4 southwest.n dey do preach abt love ur neighbour as urself. Arrant nonsense.
When a man is lost, every track is a way. You ought to know your destination to chart your journey.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by KKImoh: 11:00am On Oct 08, 2013
Haywhymido: See segregation of d highest order.since d schools av bin merged if xtians r allow to attend muslim public schools,y will d xtians stop d muslims 4rm attendin dia schools.I av said it b4, na dis xtians go start religion war 4 southwest.n dey do preach abt love ur neighbour as urself. Arrant nonsense.
u talk without an iota of sensibility, dat goat beard man, nd his education policy arent clear, the church nd its skul has a rite 2say no to whateva, d state gov't. Wana do
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by figment232(m): 11:03am On Oct 08, 2013
Wsdm: *Where is religious tolerant?
*Why are the Muslims not protesting as well?
*Is hijab/ covering only Muslim things( Mary's portraits Is always on hijab)?
* I hope this nonsense will not divide the enviable religious tolerant of the Yorubas.
GEJ OVER TO YOU; AN OPPORTUNITY TO CAUSE DIVIDE IN AN OPPOSITION STATE IN PREPARATION FOR 2015.
U re a big fool .wot has GEJ got to do with this .instead of u to scold ur useless APC gov u re bringing GEJ into this. MONKEY like you.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by sellydion: 11:05am On Oct 08, 2013
Why will you erode somebody's culture??
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by hod898(m): 11:05am On Oct 08, 2013
The truth is the Christian students have no problem living or working with muslims, no. They only foresaw what might happen in the future with the merger of the schools. Merging them might bring favouritism, tribalism or what have you. In an attempt to merge the schools, the saw that that would be the advent of another remarkable historical record of the school. This is because the school's name will definitely be changed, its uniform, its curriculum, standards and laws; then, all the efforts and perseverance of the founding missionaries would have been futile, because a new history will, even if not said, be recognized--that the govt. founded the 'new school'. These are their fears, who blames them? They are rightfully fighting to save their legacy.

4 Likes

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by DMainMan: 11:07am On Oct 08, 2013
Policewoman: Maybe the christian parents fear that the muslim students may initiate their children into terrorism, suicide bombing and religious fanatism. The hijabs may also be used in hiding dangerous weapons like knives, guns and even bombs. I'm just saying sha.

U ar a disgrace to the Nigeria Police Force, a bigot. For a female to b so naive and sentimental lyk dis is so unthinkable.

U ar d kind of person dat will kill and lie against muslims because of your religion (christianity) supports crusading and evangelism.

If u dont take your tym, i will find ur roots and ask one my oga at the top to check on all your atrocities.

U ought to b a role model to d masses. U should b ashamed of your existence.

4 Likes

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Rexyl(m): 11:08am On Oct 08, 2013
Bee4real: [b]

I think we can all see where the problem is emernating from now:
1. Did any of the Muslim founded school reject this?
2. Who pays the salary and takes care of the workers in the said schools?
3. If it were to be Muslims protesting just as they have protested now , Imagine the type of HEADINGS on the pages of news papers?
4. That popular saying LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR.....is that the way to prctise it?

Western and media war against ISLAM...................................................................I rest my case for now.

Some people can be fooled at some time but no all at the same time. Some policy makers will be on their seats throwing social bombs to scatter people head with ideas of mixed reaction, and you either defend or support them. whichever you resort to they have their goals. But what if their goals will bring you own goals down or destroy your glory in that line! I am just thinking why you should follow multitude to destroy your heritage.

Ordinarily people that know the worth of name would rise up to defend a name. When UNILAG was to be changed it was these people on seat that first raised eye brow and convinced others to say no. Now issues are on destroying heritage of social and religious importance and you want people to compromise. Be wise o.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by InHim4Him(m): 11:08am On Oct 08, 2013
gerald09: Seriously!!! According to the article the governor merged children from Osun state schools. I didn't see were he merged a church and a mosque. Hw does wearing Hijab affect the christian child from learning maths, Biology etc. Its sad dat our children are suffering from our deluded religious hypocrisy yt majority of them really don't understand what it is to be "chris Like" if this was d tym of Jesus christ do u fink he will protest against dis or welcome d development, please so called christians ans me. Hw do u love ur neighbour yet hate dem cos dey dress differently. FUC*K Religion it promotes hate.
Your language alone betrays you. That you can place your fingers on a keyboard proves nothing about you knowing anything.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by mariong(m): 11:10am On Oct 08, 2013
Princeadedimeji:

The bitter truth is that Christians don't like Muslims and there religion, they only pretend......... and a not surprise because there religion has turned to a private business.
Are you saying muslims like christians and their religion? Not with this hate preaching i hear all the time. It's not about you liking one religion or not, it's about tolerance. I can't like you when you've given me reasons not to, afterall liking you is not by force but i should be able to tolerate you and what makes us different.

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by molas02: 11:10am On Oct 08, 2013
sometimes i 1nda y he will make some drastic decision and nobody will query him................bt now i thing he have no were to go if the whole xtain kick against this merging of a things cus i 1nda y missionary school with just any school be margin and His intend is to change the name of the school to government school.............Osun e ti go ju, the whole school using thesame uniform, mo gbo ri in the whole world, the new faces of education policy Mr Aregbe is a technical nonsense.
i hate the man
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by mariong(m): 11:10am On Oct 08, 2013
Double post.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by DMainMan: 11:11am On Oct 08, 2013
django1:

You are not an exemplary police woman.

Dont mind her. Nonsense police woman
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by elohorayodele: 11:13am On Oct 08, 2013
DMainMan:

U av said it all. Dis people love hatred like mad instead promoting harmony. De love segregation.

Bros Nyc 1. Thank God people av started knowing d truth abt Islam. In short, u av hit d nail on d head.

The truth al shabab, al qaeda, hezbollah, AQUIM, boko haram, muslim brotherhood and countless oda violent moslem organisations av shown us rite?
This aregbe rascal has shown his most insensitive part wit this move, similar to d blunder GEJ did wit UNILAG/MAULAG . Did he consult pple b4 makin such decision, are parents n d sch founders comfortable wit d idea? Or as a progressive minded gov does he tink pple's opinions or sensitivities don't matter?

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by bukatyne(f): 11:18am On Oct 08, 2013
Why is Aregbesola looking for trouble where there is none?

I want to believe that the Baptist Schools are missionary schools?

Why merge?

Why has he not decided to merge Christian students in a Muslim founded school?

Why does he not decide to create Islamic missionary schools if there are none?

What really is his problem?

Why can't he leave everyone to themselves?

Must he merge the schools before he uses the state's allocation to renovate them?

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by InHim4Him(m): 11:19am On Oct 08, 2013
mayorall: Poor people. They wanna meet with the Governor to get bribes. Is it only their school. What about muslim schools, they didn't sweat while building the schools shey?. If Hausa, Fulani, igbo, calabar, irobo enter Osun wan school, eku abo. Small room can contain 20 cements we should just love each other. This merging is even a way of creating bonds between the religion groups unlike our brothers in the North killing theirs selves.

I'm a christian thou so please religion drunkards should know how to Crusify me here.
You already crucified yourself. So, go get a life.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Sovet: 11:20am On Oct 08, 2013
Can CHRISTiANS go to dey merge schs without hijab.and point of correction a veil is different from a hijab.mary puts on a veil nt a hijab.because during her time no islam.and she was a jew nt a muslim.merge dey schools if it is Good for education but don't erase d status of d founding fathers.pls yoruba don't allow these man turn ur state into another religionous state wit his policy u can see wat is happen in dey north we were trying to learn from u bt nw see wat is happening

2 Likes

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by dollyparton(m): 11:21am On Oct 08, 2013
Oponu ni e. What is it with this your warped thinking? Christians didn't say muslims should not attend their schools, they merely said the don't want the use of hijabs in their schools. Talking about Christians attending muslim schools, more muslims attend christian schools in any part of the country if you care to know. Christians are more tolerant as against your silly assertion. If christians are not tolerant I dare say the level of illiteracy among muslims would have been higher in any part of the country and they would be seriously playing catch up had the early Christian missionaries not thrown the school gates opened to all and sundry whether christians, muslims or traditionalists. Whether private or public, more muslims attend christian schools than christians attend muslim schools. So the next time you wanna argue, use your head and not your heart bro.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Omaresh(f): 11:23am On Oct 08, 2013
Its not gonna work, its like making xtians attend Koranic schools, its only going to make their differences all the more obvious
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by DMainMan: 11:26am On Oct 08, 2013
elohor_ayodele:

The truth al shabab, al qaeda, hezbollah, AQUIM, boko haram, muslim brotherhood and countless oda violent moslem organisations av shown us rite?

Bokoharam are not muslims cos a muslim cannot kill a muslim praying in d mosque.

Dose oda organisation are against American policies. Once de support America policy, de wil b best of freinds.

Luk at in Syria now, Al Qaeda and Americans are best of freinds. America gives them billion of dollars and buy weapons for the Al Qaedans.

In fact, D west now call dem freedom fighters.

De also protect them from Syria Military.

Do u know y? because de want to use them so de can take ova Syrian Government and steal their resources.

Guy wise up. Dont follow all these western media (e.g cnn, bbc) trying to lie and deceive people abt Islam. Watch Cctv (china tv), aljazeera, and many more.

U dont deserve to b deceived anymore.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by kasco27: 11:30am On Oct 08, 2013
People shud be reason and reason wt our Governor, wot govt embark on it's nt an act of destroyin any past heroes good work, go round d publics schools and see how delapidated they are. What has been d efforts of individual all this while tơ̴̴̮͡ put dem in better position instead private schools become increasin every year. Let's support d agenda and put sentiment apart.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 08, 2013
Part of aregbesolas plan is to merge government and public schools with the christian missionary schools so that missionary schools founded by the baptist,catholics,methodists would loose their christian identity.
In other words,its a form of islamic jihad against christianity in osun state while hiding under the cover and instrumentality of the law.

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Sard(m): 11:33am On Oct 08, 2013
...from the way Muslims are spewing rubbish here, you can actually deduce why those Christians are prostesting. So much violence for a religion!

3 Likes

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by ALISMILE(m): 11:35am On Oct 08, 2013
Buddy dogg: am really against this, how can he just CAME up with an idea that he want to MERGER all schools togther....
This is so bad!
My bro i m srry i couldnt ignore ur post. I suggest u edith and repost b4 ur girlfrd sees this.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Sovet: 11:35am On Oct 08, 2013
Is it a lie samatha lotowell(white widow) of the 2005 sucide bomb in Uk don't she cover her face go and b killing people .
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by phoneport(m): 11:37am On Oct 08, 2013
Nigerian rulers alway put the chart before the horse.
This man has some hidden agenda... GBAAAM...
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 08, 2013
protest over a foreign religion. how lame!
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by elohorayodele: 11:39am On Oct 08, 2013
DMainMan:

Bokoharam are not muslims cos a muslim cannot kill a muslim praying in d mosque.

Dose oda organisation are against American policies. Once de support America policy, de wil b best of freinds.

Luk at in Syria now, Al Qaeda and Americans are best of freinds. America gives them billion of dollars and buy weapons for the Al Qaedans.

In fact, D west now call dem freedom fighters.

De also protect them from Syria Military.

Do u know y? because de want to use them so de can take ova Syrian Government and steal their resources.

Guy wise up. Dont follow all these western media (e.g cnn, bbc) trying to lie and deceive people abt Islam. Watch Cctv (china tv), aljazeera, and many more.

U dont deserve to b deceived anymore.

Not all moslems are terrorists, sori for implying so @ first. But there's anger @ islam cos of so much innocent blood bin shed worldwide all in d name of their religion. As for the western propaganda we cud argue all day and still not convince each other. For example Iran is not an ally to the west but over the years they have supported countless terrorist bodies! Is this western motivated too? Back to the topic, pple's sensibilities must be taken into account and respected, only then will we all co-exist in peace. Dis is a poor move by aregbesola
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by elohorayodele: 11:40am On Oct 08, 2013
ALISMILE: My bro i m srry i couldnt ignore ur post. I suggest u edith and repost b4 ur girlfrd sees this.

He shud edit it or is his gf called edith? Lol

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by kasco27: 11:46am On Oct 08, 2013
I want to urge Christians in the State of Osun, to take things easy wt the reclassification of schools in the state. It is for the progress and betterment of our pupils and Childrens yet unborn.
Do we really need to establish schools as christian or muslim schools? This people fighting kids wearing hijab are most likely from the same village or community so why the hate? I work and base in Osogbo, their is nothin like changing any name of school to another one, so I knw am talking abt. Islam is a religion of peace and Muslims in southwest region have been maintaining dt peace for long. We should learn how tolerate one another Nigeria is ours we shud discrimination and hatred among ourselves.
Osun A Dara o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anambra State Finest Mission School-photos / Meet The 16 Year Old Boy With The Best Jamb Result (photos) / Oau Direct Entry , How To Check The Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.