Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids (25317 Views)

Things You Should Never Say To Your Partner During A Fight / Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! / Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 08, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] WARNING TO PARENTS AND GUARDIANS!!!
•Warn your daughter never to sit on anyone’s laps no
matter the relationship, even uncles.
•Avoid getting dressed in front of your child once he/she
is 2years old. Learn to excuse yourself.
•If you have to hire a house-help, kindly take them for
HIV screening to determine their status, properly
interview them and make up your mind to
treat them well.
•Never allow any adult refer to your new born as ‘my
wife’ or ‘my husband’.
•Never tempt your husband with your sister or friend or
else he’d say it's hers and the devil’s fault.
•Avoid unnecessary familiarity with the opposite sex and
make sure you take care of your husband yourself so as
not to lead him into temptation.
•Whenever your child goes out to play with friends, make
sure you look for a way to find out the kind of play they
played together, as young people sexually abuse
themselves now.
•Never force your child to visit any adult he/she is not
comfortable with and also be observant if your child
becomes fond of a particular adult.
•Once a very lively child suddenly becomes withdrawn,
you might need to patiently ask a lot of questions.
•If you don’t teach your children about sex, the society
will teach them the wrong values and most likely, in very
hard ways.
•It's always advisable you go through any new material
like cartoons you buy for them before they start seeing it
themselves.
•Teach your 3year olds how to wash their private parts
properly and warn them never to allow anyone, including
you, touch those areas. Remember, charity begins at
home and with YOU.
•Blacklist all materials you think could threaten the
sanity of your child, that is, music, movies and
musicians, and let them understand the value of
standing out of the crowd.
•Once your child complains about a particular person,
don’t keep quiet about it. Take up the case and show
you can always defend him/her!

4 Likes

Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by Flygeriansteve: 2:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
Nonsense! My parents said most of these to me. I got the msg and I'm a better person for it! This is a list for Westerners who'd have their children talk back at them in the name of confidence. And don't tell me sarcasm isn't fine. It drives home the point except you're dealing with autistic children. I expected sth more like don't tell your kids:
Comparing your kids to other ppl's kids or showing you like a child more than the other
Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
OK. They should try and not v sexxx beside their children cos they are sleeping in the same room.
Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by chessguru1(m): 2:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
What about this one I noticed in my 1st week in warri
"Tekewe tekewe! I go match ya head enter ground o!!"
"Or eseroghene! I go tear ya face with slap o"
*A typical conversation btw an Urhobo woman and her son, and least I forget, the child wasn't even up to 5 years old yet*
embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by sarcoma: 2:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
From the western point of view
Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 08, 2013
A hunter kills a deer and brings it home. He decides to clean it, prepare it, and serve the deer meat for dinner. He knows his kids are fussy eaters, and won't eat it if they know what it is, so he doesn't tell them.

His little boy keeps asking him, "What's for dinner dad?"

"You'll see", he replies.

They start eating dinner and his daughter keeps asking him what they are eating.

"Ok", says her dad, "Here's a hint. It's what your mother sometimes calls me."

His daughter screams ... "Don't eat it, Jimmy! ... It's a fuccking assshole ..."

1 Like

Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by realteflon(m): 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2013
Amaaskia: Lol. Noted!
Why haven't we met for a cup of something wonderful at least. Knowing we both reside in abuja
Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by eightsin(m): 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
My cousin dos days will gv u multiple slaps to accompany the insults.

1 Like

Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by TDora: 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
Good write up bt u should tell them to oyebo pple nt us.
Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by Jayuba(m): 3:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hausa people are guilty of this. They dont care about the character of their children. OP, pls, write this in hausa language so they can read and maybe understand.
Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by Artlove(m): 3:23pm On Oct 08, 2013
I hate it wen parents telling deir kids "are u mad?, U dey craze?, u fool, if i break ur head u idiot..." Dis can not help kids as well.
Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:32pm On Oct 08, 2013
handelex: [color=#000099][/color] WARNING TO PARENTS AND GUARDIANS!!!
•Warn your daughter never to sit on anyone’s laps no
matter the relationship, even uncles.
•Avoid getting dressed in front of your child once he/she
is 2years old. Learn to excuse yourself.
•If you have to hire a house-help, kindly take them for
HIV screening to determine their status, properly
interview them and make up your mind to
treat them well.
•Never allow any adult refer to your new born as ‘my
wife’ or ‘my husband’.
•Never tempt your husband with your sister or friend or
else he’d say it's hers and the devil’s fault.
•Avoid unnecessary familiarity with the opposite sex and
make sure you take care of your husband yourself so as
not to lead him into temptation.
•Whenever your child goes out to play with friends, make
sure you look for a way to find out the kind of play they
played together, as young people sexually abuse
themselves now.
•Never force your child to visit any adult he/she is not
comfortable with and also be observant if your child
becomes fond of a particular adult.
•Once a very lively child suddenly becomes withdrawn,
you might need to patiently ask a lot of questions.
•If you don’t teach your children about sex, the society
will teach them the wrong values and most likely, in very
hard ways.
•It's always advisable you go through any new material
like cartoons you buy for them before they start seeing it
themselves.
•Teach your 3year olds how to wash their private parts
properly and warn them never to allow anyone, including
you, touch those areas. Remember, charity begins at
home and with YOU.
•Blacklist all materials you think could threaten the
sanity of your child, that is, music, movies and
musicians, and let them understand the value of
standing out of the crowd.
•Once your child complains about a particular person,
don’t keep quiet about it. Take up the case and show
you can always defend him/her!

See paranoia.
Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by Qmab: 4:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
A kid will always turn out watever way they r meant to b regardless of d environment in which they grew up. This post will certainly help in some ways. So, i think its important we do our best for them before we let go on their own.
I'd love to have normal well adjusted kids.
Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by Tinkybabe(f): 5:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
I hate that phrase "shut up!".I find it rude,insulting and annoying
No matter how seemingly nice it's said,I don't take it well.
Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by njuwo(m): 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
A doctor summons a woman & asks to know why, after the husband had complained to him dat the woman no longer allows him to sleep with her.

The woman said; I work so hard for d family. It happens like dis, i get ready for work in d mornin, i take a taxi to work, on gettin dere, dere's no money on me, d taxi driver asks; do u want to pay or what? I go for or what. At work, i fail to meet up d daily target, my boss asks; do u want me to sack u or what? I go for or what. Goin back home, i take a taxi, on gettin home, no money on me. The taxi driver asks; do u want to pay or what? I go for or what. Dats it!

The doctor then leans forward and says; So, do u want me to tell ur husband or what?
Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by DMainMan: 6:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
Good News. Caleb University in
conjunction with Lagos State Government
is giving out scholarship award
to students to obtain free Bsc degree
programmes. Application form submission deadline is Oct 10

For more info, go to this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1470460/free-bsc-degree-scholarship-award
Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by sEGXY2(m): 7:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
my parentz yab me pass these ones o oloshi oponu afonu n it hurts a lot.
Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by JustGuy(m): 8:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Op mind your own business.
Can someone plc tell me wht OP stands for?
Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by ChiSun27(m): 9:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
From mom to son:

I don't blame you...I blame this your big head that looks like your daddy's own....mtschewwwww!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by hugafella(m): 9:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
nickz: cool I hate it when parents beat their children and tell them STOP CRYING

Abi ooo. Like FG and ASUU.
Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by Eebrahym(m): 10:31pm On Oct 08, 2013
Jayuba: Hausa people are guilty of this. They dont care about the character of their children. OP, pls, write this in hausa language so they can read and maybe understand.

Noted for action
Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by Eebrahym(m): 10:35pm On Oct 08, 2013
JustGuy:
Can someone plc tell me wht OP stands for?

Original Poster as far as this forum is concerned

1 Like

Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by Natasha2(f): 12:16am On Oct 10, 2013
Handelex you should have made that post a NEW TOPIC

1 Like

Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 10, 2013
nice
Re: Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 13, 2015
mrvocalprowess:
Dis definitely cant apply 2 nigerian parents,my parents hav said worse dan al wat u mentioned!!!even d ajebo kids hear dis stufs!! D only time my parents compliment me is in my education! Anyoda tin na--mumu,odê,u no see ur mates?useless pikin,u no b my blood.. Dis words strengtened mee,I grew up wayy faster [intellectually]dan my age,i interacted wit my elders very well @ an early age.I hav great control over my emotions frm dat experiences..Am nt sayin parents shud b hard on dier kids,but d advantages can b alarmin

sorry to break this to you but you were verbally abused. I didn't hear such language but i'm well adjusted too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Help A Nairalander's Baby Win Cussion's Baby Contest / Woman Abandons Her Child At A Catholic Church In Delta (Photo) / Jaaruma Addresses Money, Power, Sex, Love, Magic, Jazz, Juju, Asiri, Domination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.