Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Arabic Speakers Only Please!! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Arabic Speakers Only Please!! (1708 Views)

An Appeal To Arabic And IRS Teachers In Our Children's Schools / Stop reading Arabic Quran If You Do Not Understand It's Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arabic Speakers Only Please!! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
I just finished watching a debate in which one person claims that
in the Qu'ran it is suggestive that Allah may in fact be feminine.

Now before you get offended or upset, I need someone who TRULY understands
Arabic and knows the Qu'ran to please explain if this is true or false WITH proof!!

Check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAtya6YZA8M

start from 10:55 to the end.

THANKS!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arabic Speakers Only Please!! by Nobody: 3:01am On Oct 13, 2013
lol
Re: Arabic Speakers Only Please!! by Babadeen(m): 4:38am On Oct 13, 2013
Great video.

That brother was deep!

I expected it to be one of your usual spiritual mumbo jumbo videos......that brother went hard!

I am not surprised that many here avoided commenting. Its too deep for many to accept. Good work.
Re: Arabic Speakers Only Please!! by tbaba1234: 5:14am On Oct 13, 2013
I just watched this :: grin grin grin This dude has no clue of Arabic. grin grin

Womb is rahem not Al raheeem.. (take note of the extended ee sound from an extra letter Ya) grin grin Two different words from the root word rahma which means mercy.. Similar but different, it is easy to see how a non arabic speaker can argue so ignorantly. waste of time.

Womb: [size=13pt]رحم[/size]

Al Raheem : [size=13pt] الرَّحِيمِ[/size]

If you notice closely, you will see an extra letter ya... Come on, how do you expect Arabic speakers to be arguing with a novice. grin grin

What a joke.

1 Like

Re: Arabic Speakers Only Please!! by tbaba1234: 5:15am On Oct 13, 2013
A little Arabic lesson

Ar rahman and Ar rahim carry the attribute of mercy ; They both come from the root word ‘rahma’ which means mercy… So how did the ancient arab understand ‘rahma’.

To give us an understanding of how the ancient arab understood mercy, another word derived from rahma is rahem which means ‘womb’.

A child is in the womb of the mother:
- His rent is paid
- The food is covered
- All its needs are covered

He has no need for anything, the mum takes care of every issue. He is immersed in mercy..
- The baby kicks and punches
- The baby makes the mum puke
- The baby consumes all the food of the mum
- It invades the mother’s space..

Mercy to the ancient arab is when you are completely engulfed and taken care of from every angle, The ancient arab definition of mercy is what a mum does for her child…

So Ar rahman and Ar Rahim both have to do with mercy ..

So what makes them different? What two words are placed side to side in Arabic, the point is to show what makes them different not what makes them similar. They both carry the attribute of mercy .

So what makes them different..

Ar rahman

Ar rahman has 3 main qualities…

1. It means extremely merciful, unimaginably merciful, incredibly merciful, extraordinarily merciful... I think you get the idea….

2. That extreme mercy is taking place right now…. At this very moment, that mercy is being exhibited…

To help you understand this, let me give an illustration :

If i say, my sister is kind to someone.. Does it mean she is exhibiting it right now? At this very point… Not neccessrily right now.. I just described an attribute of hers…

It is inadequate to translate Ar rahman as ‘ the extremely merciful’ because it does not incorporate the attribute of being merciful ‘right now’.

A more accurate translation of

Ar rahman – The one that is being extremely merciful (right now)

3. The third quality is the most scary quality, Ar rahman indicates transience… temporary.

I will explain, words similar to Ar rahman (carry the same quality) in the Arabic language include thirsty, angry, hungry… they are temporary..

In order to end thirst - You need water

In order to end hunger – you need food

For anger- something happens that take the anger away….

So although Allah is extremely merciful right now, We could do something that takes that mercy away… That is scary…..

Ar Raheem

Ar Raheem has two qualities

1. It is permanent – always merciful, permanently merciful

2. It is not necessarily happening right now….

Ex: A strong person is always strong even if they are not applying their strength right now..

Now look at the two words together;
A. if Allah described himself as Ar rahman alone then it will mean that it is not permanent so Allah adds a word that makes it permanent.

B. If Allah said described himself as Ar Rahim alone, it does not guarantee that it is happening right now and it is not extreme.

So how do you describe Allah mercy if you want to make it permanent, extreme, happening right now?

Allah covers mercy from every possible angle by describing himself as Ar rahman and Ar Rahim. It is comprehensive and covers every possible angle. In two words only, Allah has described his mercy. SubahanAllah.

2 Likes

Re: Arabic Speakers Only Please!! by Babadeen(m): 5:37am On Oct 13, 2013
^^^
We are to believe that classical arabic is this poetic? Yeah right.

Mercy to the ancient arab is when you are completely engulfed and taken care of from every angle, The ancient arab definition of mercy is what a mum does for her child…
^^^^
where did you learn this?

Moving on to the point- why would one use such feminine attribute for mercy to God?
Re: Arabic Speakers Only Please!! by tbaba1234: 5:55am On Oct 13, 2013
^ My Arabic/ Quran teacher

What is feminine exactly? Two different words... The dude in the video does not know what he is talking about... Rahem is not Al raheem ..

Is mercy feminine?
Re: Arabic Speakers Only Please!! by Babadeen(m): 8:13am On Oct 13, 2013
tbaba1234: ^ My Arabic/ Quran teacher

What is feminine exactly? Two different words... The dude in the video does not know what he is talking about... Rahem is not Al raheem ..

Is mercy feminine?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-%E1%B8%A4-M

Actually, he is right

Al-rahim- the merciful
raham- womb

he never spelt it as "rahem" or "raheem".....you strawmanned

1 Like

Re: Arabic Speakers Only Please!! by vedaxcool(m): 8:13am On Oct 13, 2013
lol smiley nice one thaba clearly in the mind of novice mercy is feminine. this reminds me of sura al iklas,

and there is none like him.
Re: Arabic Speakers Only Please!! by Babadeen(m): 8:15am On Oct 13, 2013
vedaxcool: lol smiley nice one thaba clearly in the mind of novice mercy is feminine. this reminds me of sura al iklas,

and there is none like him.

Stop following me.
You dont understand Arabic....move along
Re: Arabic Speakers Only Please!! by vedaxcool(m): 8:17am On Oct 13, 2013
this is a classical case of the 6 blind men of Hindustan, arguing over what u have little to no knowledge about.

1 Like

Re: Arabic Speakers Only Please!! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
Finally a discussion! cheesy
Re: Arabic Speakers Only Please!! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
Thanks for breaking ot down tbaba smiley

@babadeen, you ok so you are saying polite was right?
Re: Arabic Speakers Only Please!! by Babadeen(m): 5:29pm On Oct 13, 2013
*Kails*:
Finally a discussion! cheesy

Thanks to me. They ignored it until I shouted that it was a great video....seconds later......discussion

1 Like

Re: Arabic Speakers Only Please!! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
Babadeen:

Thanks to me. They ignored it until I shouted that it was a great video....seconds later......discussion

LMAO!!

i believe you! grin grin

(1) (Reply)

We (muslims) Worship Allah(swt) Not The black Stone In Ka'aba. / Shi'ahs Do Not Believe In The Present Qur'an To Be Authentic For Three Reasons / Did The Holy Quran Ever Promise 72 Virgins & Boys To Muslim Men In Paradise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.