Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 (3552 Views)

Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others / Navy And Soldiers Disrupt Polls In Ikorodu, Mile 12, Others / PDP Winning Polls In Plateau State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by donphilopus: 12:49am On Oct 09, 2013
Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Prof. Attahiru Jega, has promised that the 2015 elections would be the best ever conducted polls in the country.

He gave the promise yesterday in Abuja at the opening of a two-day regional conference on “Ethics and election challenges,” organised by the Fredrich Ebert- Foundation.

Jega, who stressed the importance of observing ethics in the conduct of elections said: “We are very pleased with our partnership with Friedrich-Ebert- Stiftung. The partnership has added tremendous values to our work in INEC and there is also no doubt their work both in sub region and Africa has continued to add positive impact to many sectors.

“Questions of ethics and integrity in election are very important. We need to constantly remind ourselves, the media and all category of stakeholders about the need to reflect ethical conduct in whatever we do.”

As an underpinning principle of good democratic governance, the INEC chairman posited that ethics in elections must be reflected in such a way that will make them acceptable, especially when conducted with “some integrity”.

Jega said the commission had taken delivery of the latest technology that would be used to eliminate multiple voting and registration of voters, adding that INEC would use the new technology to issue chip-based, permanent cards to eligible voters.

Jega expressed optimism that the new technology will prevent multiple voting and election fraud as well as strengthening its efforts to clean up the nation’s electoral process.

The INEC Chairman said the commission will ensure adequate sensitisation and enlightenment of the general public, adding that it had commenced the reform of the electoral system to respond to emerging challenges.

In her speech, Seija Struries, the Country Resident Representative, Fredrich Ebert Foundation, called on African countries to find lasting solutions to electoral manipulations in the continent.

Sturies noted that: “If the process is flawed or marred by irregularities, the integrity of such election is contested by opposing parties and by the people themselves.”

According to her, time has come for the stakeholders in election issues to look into the role and importance of ethics in finding solution to election challenges. Participants at the twoday conference were drawn from Nigeria, Mali, Ghana, Togo, Guinea and Sierra- Leone.

SOURCE: www.nationalmirroronline.net/new/jega-promises-best-polls-in-2015/
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by hammedkola(m): 1:03am On Oct 09, 2013
Hmmm, I pray so...
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by donphilopus: 6:55am On Oct 09, 2013
hammedkola: Hmmm, I pray so...
since he tried it in 2011, i believe 2015 would be better
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by BabaEleko(m): 9:04am On Oct 09, 2013
Shut the ffuucckk up Mr. Jaga. U said the same ffuucckking shit in 2011. angry

1 Like

Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by palugycolina(m): 9:04am On Oct 09, 2013
MAY GOD FORGIVE UP FOR THE MANIPULATIONS U DID THAT BROUGHT UDUAK INTO SEAT IN DELTA STATE..

I PRAY THE FUTURE GOVT WILL SUE YOU AND SEIZE ALL U VE WORKED FOR..

EVIL PEOPLE

1 Like

Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by Hamazz1: 9:05am On Oct 09, 2013
And we r suppose to believe him but I ll take his word for it he gave us a fairly good election bk in 2011.
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 09, 2013
Just let the peoples' votes count and don't promise what you won't be able to live up to when the time comes . Nigerians should do whatever it takes to defend their votes come 2015 !
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by chaloner(m): 9:06am On Oct 09, 2013
I bliv jega and gej will giv us the best poll even better than Americans poll. #fresh air
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by 1shortblackboy: 9:06am On Oct 09, 2013
Politicians are all Nigerians, INEC staff are all Nigerians, voters are all Nigerians, police and other security agentss are all Nigerians. So this election is beyond Jega. Get my drift ?
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 09, 2013
Who cares, PDP will field Jonathan or a power hungry northerner, APC will field buhari or one of tinubu's boys. Either way we are still screwed embarassed
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by alienvirus: 9:07am On Oct 09, 2013
Really? Jega will visit all polling booths to conduct the election himself.
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by Tukor32: 9:07am On Oct 09, 2013
we always had d best polls in naija.democrazy
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by nerodenero: 9:08am On Oct 09, 2013
I wonder how this is achievable when your Principal, the 'oga patapata' is desperate to return to Aso rock come 2015 and the north isn't resting as they would do ANYTHING either by hook or crook to return to power. I see endless rigging and another worse election beckons

1 Like

Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by Masanto: 9:09am On Oct 09, 2013
Promhize: Who cares
As a matter of fact i do
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by Abimloaded(m): 9:09am On Oct 09, 2013
I know say one day Jega go fall ma hand. Infact, if Jega park all american soldiers nd nigerian soldiers to the polling booth nigerians will still find their ways in making sure they do their illegal activities. Nigerians,,, i fear person wey no fear them
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by comrChris(m): 9:09am On Oct 09, 2013
all na watch na today we begin d hear dat?
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by LagosBoi2(m): 9:10am On Oct 09, 2013
You have no choice, that is what you are been paid to do.
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by bolaji73(m): 9:11am On Oct 09, 2013
jega has always bin knw 2b a man of moral ethic and corrupt free personality..he has my 100 cent 2 deliver a free n fair election only free his effort wont be sabotage by d popular nigerian-like mind.
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by extremelygolden: 9:11am On Oct 09, 2013
May your word be your bond, Oga Jega, Amen!
May you never be bribed to the extent that you forgot the promise you made this day, Amen!
May there be transparency in all the electoral TRANSACTION that will take place in 2015, Amen!
May there be no manipulation on the results ooo, Amen!
May no party be imposed on the populace ooo, Amen!
And may the election be free and fair, Amen!

We have heard you, Oga Jega and we are watching closely.

Oga Jega, may we, the good people of this great nation, not remind you of your promise today, AMEN!!!

1 Like

Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 09, 2013
Can dat stop Police from harassing innocent voters on the voting day.
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by nicky4lif(f): 9:14am On Oct 09, 2013
I pray that I should leave my house to say I want to go nd vote.I vote they kill me,I don't vote they kill me(life continues for them) so I better die in my house.
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by kennyonthrone(m): 9:21am On Oct 09, 2013
R
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by kennyonthrone(m): 9:23am On Oct 09, 2013
Talk is cheap
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 09, 2013
Jonathan will win and the impunity continues. Tinubu and his entourage of hooligans will cry foul till the end. The drama is about to begin.

1 Like

Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by Haliucissie: 9:43am On Oct 09, 2013
Is it d same jega dat cannot conduct election 4 35 gov sucssesfully dat will nw conduct free nd fair election 4 d hole nigerian.lol
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 09, 2013
chaloner: I bliv jega and gej will giv us the best poll even better than Americans poll. #fresh air
let me guest! I think ur generatn is corrupt,cahoot!
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by GCFR: 10:04am On Oct 09, 2013
This may only happen when all things are equal.
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by donphilopus: 10:10am On Oct 09, 2013
tpacalipse: Jonathan will win and the impunity continues. Tinubu and his entourage of hooligans will cry foul till the end. The drama is about to begin.
you'll watch it live when GEJ would be handing over come 2015
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by hammedkola(m): 10:12am On Oct 09, 2013
donphilopus: since he tried it in 2011, i believe 2015 would be better

Okay, hopefully
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by hikmoj(m): 10:15am On Oct 09, 2013
Like dat of Offa LGA & d NGF
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by Mustymohd2: 10:17am On Oct 09, 2013
prof or pop jega all dis wey u dey talk all na washhh
Re: Jega Promises Best Polls In 2015 by Mustymohd2: 10:23am On Oct 09, 2013
[quote
author=Abimloaded]I know say one day Jega go fall ma hand. Infact, if
Jega park all american soldiers nd nigerian soldiers to the polling
booth nigerians will still find their ways in making sure they do their
illegal activities. Nigerians,,, i fear person wey no fear them[/quote] bros u r rit oo but na thunder go fire jega and nigeria democrazy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? / Abia State Set To Build Obuaku SEAPORT! / Let There Be War Inspector General Of Police Shares Guns Today PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.