Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? (3556 Views)

2015 Election: Jonathan Should Have Sacked Partisan Jega – Okupe / Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana / Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 11:02am On Sep 18, 2014
I've read/heard many condemnation about the alledge involvement of CAN president Ayo Oritsejafor in pertisan politics. Now, my question is why wont CAN president involve himself in partisan politics... personally, i think Nigeria has come to a point where you cant seperate Religion from politics especially 2015 General elections. At this point, politics has mingled into religion and even policy making. The emir's involves themselve, the extremists wants a caliphate, Apc wants a Muslim as president or threathen to rain Brimstone's, even in previous elections the sultan of sokoto has always been a key factor in deciding some key political position in this country. Now CAN is meddling, everybody is complaining. Personally i see no reason why CAN shouldn't be involved in partisan politics at this point, cos in Nigeria, that's exactly the point we are. I might not be perfect in my school of thought though so you could share your views...

4 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by ogbenicodes(m): 11:31am On Sep 18, 2014
As a politician in Nigeria, you tend to insult people who opposes your thought/opinions. Orisejafor before meddling into politics wasn't just an ordinary man, he was and still is the President of CAN, Christian Association Of Nigeria.
His affiliation with politics is not good for the position he holds in Nigeria as a religion leader. I never liked his character for once even as I am a christian, I love APC, I want APC in the federal level next year, CAN came out publicly in the guise of saying its president's(Ayo) balls and insulted the party APC and its members synonymously referring to them as a muslim party, is that suppose to be so from a group that is suppose to be bringing/putting Nigeria back in/to the path of "peace, love, unity"
If as a christian leader, he can hate on some christians because of his affiliation with politics, its obvious he can even "kill" CHRISTIANS when he becomes a politician fully.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
ogbenicodes: As a politician in Nigeria, you tend to insult people who opposes your thought/opinions. Orisejafor before meddling into politics wasn't just an ordinary man, he was and still is the President of CAN, Christian Association Of Nigeria.
His affiliation with politics is not good for the position he holds in Nigeria as a religion leader. I never liked his character for once even as I am a christian, I love APC, I want APC in the federal level next year, CAN came out publicly in the guise of saying its president's(Ayo) balls and insulted the party APC and its members synonymously referring to them as a muslim party, is that suppose to be so from a group that is suppose to be bringing/putting Nigeria back in/to the path of "peace, love, unity"
If as a christian leader, he can hate on some christians because of his affiliation with politics, its obvious he can even "kill" CHRISTIANS when he becomes a politician fully.
Ok... Nice point. Now, although he may have gotten some things wrong, or abused the use of some statements, i still believe its nothing from the norm for him to meddle. As i said, even other religious leaders meddle too, though not obviously and they do so with discretion. I saw a thread this morning of catholic bishop(or pope) who meddles in politics. Perhaps being discrete and fair is adviced, but it shouldn't be ruled out that its a wrong thing to do. Inasmuch as politics is a game you can't play without words, spiritual leader and religious leaders past I've had cause to get involved yet fairly and made great decision to some positions, eg the sultan of sokoto who has been a key but silent factor in National politics.

2 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
Sheik Ayotallah Bin Oritsejafor should be sacked with immediate effect. He has ridiculed what Christianity stands for and has insulted Christ.

9 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by egift(m): 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
Why Ayo Should Stop Meddling Into Politics:
1. His position as CAN President bestows on him "the spiritual leader of Nigerian Christians".
2. I support the separation of Church and State. I don't want any politician spending 2 Trillion Naira and tell us he was directed by the Holy Spirit.
3. By pestering one Political Party or a Politician and attacking the Opposition, Mr Ayo has lost his Neutrality and significance. Remembers all the Christians in Nigeria are not in one political Party.
4. His Blings, politics of coins and sucking up politicians - makes his less "Christ-like" but more Worldly and in contradiction to most core aspects of Christianity.
5. The President of CAN is a respected Spiritual Father - not a political jobber and tout.
6. Revelation 21:8 was very clear that all "illegal arms smugglers" will have their part in the lake of fire.

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor (as CAN President) has no reason what so ever to meddle in Partisan Politics.

9 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
berem: Sheik Ayotallah Bin Oritsejafor should be sacked with immediate effect. He has ridiculed what Christianity stands for and has insulted Christ.
Why should he be sacked How did he ridicule and insult Christ Pls elaborate...

2 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
Freest:
what do you want me to elaborate when the reason is in full glare?

4 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by yomexp(m): 12:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by egift(m): 12:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
Freest:

Read my Post above. If he want to become a politician, he should resign - am sure he can become a Local Government Chairman or even a Governor. He was the type of People Jesus warned against and the type of folks he chased out of the Temple - those that feed fat on God's people and abandon the primary aim of Preaching the Gospel of Christ.

When last did Mr. Ayo preached to someone to repent? He is just busy hiring out his Jet for Arms and Money Smuggling.

8 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
ogbenicodes: As a politician in Nigeria, you tend to insult people who opposes your thought/opinions. Orisejafor before meddling into politics wasn't just an ordinary man, he was and still is the President of CAN, Christian Association Of Nigeria.

Who said meddling in politics is a badthing
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Mogidi: 12:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
While Imams and Emirs e.g Sanusi can meddle in politics, Christians are expected to stay mute and pray to God until boko haram over run their domain, thank God for people like Ayo Oritsejafor ja re.

Christians in Bornu, Jos, Kaduna have almost been decimated yet you won't find the Catholic church taking a stance, when all its congregation are wiped out, lets see how they'd get their lucrative Sunday offerings.

8 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 18, 2014

Who said meddling with polictics is bad
www.nairaland.com/1908683/pope-francis-good-catholic-meddles
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Wealthlex(m): 12:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
Smtine d wrong ur head mr @sheik,na ur papa na go sack.
berem: Sheik Ayotallah Bin Oritsejafor should be sacked with immediate effect. He has ridiculed what Christianity stands for and has insulted Christ.
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 12:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
egift: Why Ayo Should Stop Meddling Into Politics:
1. His position as CAN President bestows on him "the spiritual leader of Nigerian Christians".
2. I support the separation of Church and State. I don't want any politician spending 2 Trillion Naira and tell us he was directed by the Holy Spirit.
3. By pestering one Political Party or a Politician and attacking the Opposition, Mr Ayo has lost his Neutrality and significance. Remembers all the Christians in Nigeria are not in one political Party.
4. His Blings, politics of coins and sucking up politicians - makes his less "Christ-like" but more Worldly and in contradiction to most core aspects of Christianity.
5. The President of CAN is a respected Spiritual Father - not a political jobber and tout.
6. Revelation 21:8 was very clear that all "illegal arms smugglers" will have their part in the lake of fire.

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor (as CAN President) has no reason what so ever to meddle in Partisan Politics.
You made some great points and I've come to understand some of your views...
6. Investigation shows he didn't smuggle neither was he a part of it. He only gave his jet on business ish...
5. I made my point when i quoted that at this time in Nigeria politics, i believe it cant be seperated from religion. 'I THINK PERSONALLY THAT NIGERIA POLITICS IS MORE RELIGION INSPIRED' simply with what is happening all over, i think its expedient the Christian body still has a part or a say in politics although not the way it is being handled by can President.
4. This is Nigeria politics, there is bound to be rumours and conspiracy. There is no one that meddles who isn't rubbed off with something just to stain his name. To calm a mad man you must touch him, you must get stained in the process, so that is expected.
3. I support you in that. He should be fair and not party oriented nor have any link or supporting party.

1 Like

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by OgologoDimkpa: 12:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mogidi: While Imams and Emirs e.g Sanusi can meddle in politics, Christians are expected to stay mute and pray to God until boko haram over run their domain, thank God for people like Ayo Oritsejafor ja re.

Christians in Bornu, Jos, Kaduna have almost been decimated yet you won't find the Catholic church taking a stance, when all its congregation are wiped out, lets see how they'd get their lucrative Sunday offerings.
Don't mind them jare!

This thread is nothing but another Boko Haram sympathisers thread angry.
You'll only find APshit members spewing rubbish here.

4 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by omerta(f): 12:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
bossmini84:
Who said meddling with polictics is bad
www.nairaland.com/1908683/pope-francis-good-catholic-meddles
You don't get it, do you?
No one asked Oritsejafor not to participate in politics. Of course, he is free to. But not in the capacity as C.A.N president. Not by releasing personal attacks in disguise of a press statement under the umbrella of C.A.N. Oritsejafor should separate his political self from the Church, and not insult the institution... Grab?

1 Like

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Wealthlex(m): 12:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
Okay ur name is @berem,na God go purnish u.dey mad of ur head mr @sheik ayo.na ur papa,ur father ni dey go sack
berem: what do you want me to elaborate when the reason is in full glare?

2 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by OgologoDimkpa: 12:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
why should he be sacked? Ayo has done nothing wrong.
I didn't see you saying this when your Sanusi was using CBN's money to fund him Mosques
and some Muslim Association.

5 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 12:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mogidi: While Imams and Emirs e.g Sanusi can meddle in politics, Christians are expected to stay mute and pray to God until boko haram over run their domain, thank God for people like Ayo Oritsejafor ja re.

Godbless your mouth grin grin
We say politics its a dirty game and not for Christians yet unbelievers get into power and make policies that affect even the Christians. The Christians in the north are killed in their number...

3 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 18, 2014

I have not heard of any Emir or even the Sultan of Sokoto play partisan politics the way Ayotallah Bin Oritsejafor does. Since when SLS became Emir of Kano,have you heard him meddle in political affairs?

2 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by OgologoDimkpa: 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
egift: Why Ayo Should Stop Meddling Into Politics:

Listen to yourself again?
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
OgologoDimkpa:
why should he be sacked? Ayo has done nothing wrong.
I didn't see you saying this when your Sanusi was using CBN's money to fund him Mosques
and some Muslim Association.
Unfollow me at this moment. I am not following you back!! angry
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by OgologoDimkpa: 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
omerta: You don't get it, do you?
No one asked Oritsejafor not to participate in politics. Of course, he is free to. But not in the capacity as C.A.N president. Not by releasing personal attacks in disguise of a press statement under the umbrella of C.A.N. Oritsejafor should separate his political self from the Church, and not insult the institution... Grab?

Oristejafor without the church or can is just any other citizen. And my point is, we need the church/can as a body that has a say in Nigeria politics. The point is not Oristejafor but can. The Christian body!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Mogidi: 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
ogbenicodes:
His affiliation with politics is not good for the position he holds in Nigeria as a religion leader. I never liked his character for once even as I am a christian, I love APC, I want APC in the federal level next year, CAN came out publicly in the guise of saying its president's(Ayo) balls and insulted the party APC and its members synonymously referring to them as a muslim party,

I don't know if he said the above but he will not be doing God's work if he said APC was not a Muslim party. The membership of APC validates that point. I could post you the original hierarchical positions in APC before the outcry that made them have a rethink.
Even now you can still see the meaningless positions Christians occupy in APC.

1 Like

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by OgologoDimkpa: 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
berem: Unfollow me at this moment. I am not following you back!! angry
I'll keep on following you but I wouldn't like you to me back either.
Gerrit embarassed
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by atlwireles: 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
Pastor Ayo remains the right hand man of Goodluck Jonathan and also the leader of CAN. Once upon a time in this country , the Islamist lined up daily before head of state. You people are pissed, that Christians have a voice in Nigeria. Your so called Islamic Country Nigeria, is drifting from your hands.

Omase, you people have not started to cry.

2 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
berem: Unfollow me at this moment. I am not following you back!! angry
grin grin grin
E never reach like dat now... Una agree to disagree tongue
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 12:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mogidi:

I don't know if he said the above but he will not be doing God's work if he said APC was not a Muslim party. The membership of APC validates that point. I could post you the original hierarchical positions in APC before the outcry that made them have a rethink.
Even now you can still see the meaningless positions Christians occupy in APC.
Thats so true... Really meaningless!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
OgologoDimkpa:
I'll keep on following you but I wouldn't like you to me back either.
Gerrit embarassed
follow follow! angry
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by OgologoDimkpa: 12:46pm On Sep 18, 2014
egift:

Read my Post above. If he want to become a politician, he should resign - am sure he can become a Local Government Chairman or even a Governor. He was the type of People Jesus warned against and the type of folks he chased out of the Temple - those that feed fat on God's people and abandon the primary aim of Preaching the Gospel of Christ.

When last did Mr. Ayo preached to someone to repent? He is just busy hiring out his Jet for Arms and Money Smuggling.
When last did you egift preach to someone to repent too?
Preaching does not rest on the pastors alone. You can as well do it therefore you have no point.
Good to know he does not lease his JET for Boko haram attack as some of your progenitors are currently doing embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 12:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
egift:

Everyone or every Christian has what they where called to do. He cant leave the business of Organizing can to start being an evangelist, after all he has a church where he minister's. But at this dispensation, his purpose is in the national issues of Christian in this country and those issues includes politics, cos politics affects Christians too

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Permanent Voters Card (PVC) Collection In Lagos. Report Status / Why Do You Want Biafra / Tension As Northern Leader Calls For Protest Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.