Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion (54635 Views)

The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease / Panic In Imo Community As Two Teenagers Launch Locally Made Rocket !!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by Angelsit(f): 6:35pm On Oct 09, 2013
Gr8 kids
Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
ichidodo: Imagine an arigenay of these projectiles (re-enginneered and upgraded) with vials of sarin gas and bubonic plague all trained on the Towns and villages of South western Nigeria.That will be the day...

Seconded....Briafra has a contigent plan in place.

4 Likes

Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by frankyychiji(f): 6:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
seedord247: Okrika Bomb (......)

Okrika shoes (Yaba)

Okrika Clothes (Oshodi, Azwani)

Okrika Electronic (Alaba Int;l)

Okrika Yam legs and hairy body (Them gurls) grin

Okrika Amoeba Head (Them Boys) grin
Dem leader......... Junkie
Dem food........... Foul smelling and too oily
Dem papa......... Very promiscous and fetish
Dem mama....... Smelly c*nt and fetish
Dem broda...... Robbery kinpin
Dem sister...... Smelly p**sy and fetish
Dem children..... Bastards
Claim to fame.... Empty boast
Worst fear.... The rising sun is doing better
All of dem..... Gullible

16 Likes

Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by aduje(m): 6:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
eeeeh; for the first time, the Nigerian Police impressed me; believe you me, if it had happened in Lagos, the police will make much money by arresting everyone at sight, the community, the traditional rulers, the teachers of the pupils etc.

1 Like

Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by solomon111(m): 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2013
The private sectors should be sponsoring scientific programmes with real-life application not x-factor and project fame.
The military should set up a 21st century aeronautic and ballistic missile research centres in the east and harness these brains.
That was what made america a pioneer in military armaments design and manufacture.

4 Likes

Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by hardbody: 6:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
Garri_Activist: The earlier the SSS jump in and hijack the case the better! This police chief must be high off kunun samiya! Boys trna blow up a whole community and you call it scienceundecided Mr Inspector Katsina or Sokoto, there's once a news of these Igbo boys making bombs for Boko Haram. I smell foul play, these mutherfuckers is training these boys up for terrorism and alarm don dey blow dem come bribe Aboki Police come say na 'Science Studies'.

Abeg we need full-time investigation oh! We need the name of those boys and the school they are learning.. Which competition they attended.. All lies!

Garri has this arsenic stuff that makes people high, so i perfectly understand your plight, it is not deliberate that thou speaketh thus. The Lord will help you come over your problem in the mighty name of Jesus

4 Likes

Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by frankyychiji(f): 6:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
goldenspoon: this jonky witness the rocket launch
o boy stop deceiving d young ones. That is not Tinubus picture nah!
Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by ceejayluv(m): 6:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
Those guys should go write SAT fast.... Or else end up in our shitty unis and waste their talent.
They need exposure to state of the art tech cos, truth be told, home made rockets are so 1930's tech (in advanced climes).
kudos to them.
Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by An0nimus: 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
Shoo! These guys build rocket come carry second.

So wetin the guys wey carry first come build na?

Abi na submarine?

Which kin school be this sef wey dem they give children rocket assignment?

When me I dey shool, dem just talk sey make we do tie and dye, come sew cloth, which one be rocket again?
You know this!..we do tacking, running stitch, for tie and dye we been buy white kalico material come dip am inside the dye. I been tie my kalico like warrior wey jus return from war until one day I wash am all the dye come comot gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by Mccullum: 6:46pm On Oct 09, 2013
it is great to see that, but unfortunately there's no regime in Nigerian govt that value scientists in this country, well I wish them fortune ahead... may God crown their effort.
Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by bigtt76(f): 6:49pm On Oct 09, 2013
Interesting new dimension to terrorism in the offing - interhouse ballistic missle #justsaying #bokotinz grin
Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by RealMccoy2(m): 6:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
Why are black peeps envious of each other? Instead of you guys applauding the Nigerian Police for not killing those intelligent kids,you are all making it a tribal or religious e-war. These kids needs to relocate to United States,we will appreciate them the most.

1 Like

Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by Aedesmuskeeto: 6:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
solomon111: The private sectors should be sponsoring scientific programmes with real-life application not x-factor and project fame.
The military should set up a 21st century aeronautic and ballistic missile research centres in the east and harness these brains.
That was what made america a pioneer in military armaments design and manufacture.
Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by brighter: 6:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
Naija really got talents
Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by tomzman: 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2013
How I wish those kids would be encouraged. But this is Nigeria, a country that doesn't value creativity.
Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by alotofgrace(m): 6:57pm On Oct 09, 2013
excuse me!
we all know it will end there....and dos kids will end up in UBA...
* streching biabia*

1 Like

Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by oluamid(m): 7:02pm On Oct 09, 2013
Wow. this is what we should really encourage.

And please guys, stop with the tribal stuffs already. Are you going to play tribalism with invention? Wonder what would have happened if Thomas Eddison, the Wright brothers, Graham Bell, Michael Faraday etc were Nigerians.
Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by naptu2: 7:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
Just saw the rocket on tv. Watch STV news. One of the guys said he built aa helicopter when he was in SS1.

7 Likes

Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by tonychristopher: 7:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
my brothers. This aint new in igbos they seems to be naturally gifted in engineering and innovation. So i think thats genetic and . I am not suprised if they use chips and GPS SYSTEMS TO GUIDE THESE ROCKETS AND LADDED IT WITH SOME PLUTONIUM YOU CAN SEE THE HARM IT CAN BE DONE. Igbos are gifted i must say. God bless nigeria. Do sciences and forever forfev music

3 Likes

Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
Am still loving dis story!!! Even d Commisioner of Police praised d boys for d invention
sef!

Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by Aedesmuskeeto: 7:05pm On Oct 09, 2013
ichidodo: Imagine an array of these projectiles (re-enginneered and upgraded) with vials of sarin gas and bubonic plague all trained on the Towns and villages of South western Nigeria.That will be the day...
sarin gas Bros na pure genocide be dat ooo.

Anyway just signal us wey no be swesterners to vacate before you drop that shit on ma head....

Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by yuncka: 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
Wia d fark is Jack Bauer?
Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by naptu2: 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
Teenagers launch locally made rocket in Imo State - Channels Television News.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4xrlRV-s0w
Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by dbride: 7:18pm On Oct 09, 2013

Okrika shoes (Yaba)

What a national nuisance, a national waste and I weep for you.

1 Like

Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by Luvties(m): 7:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
kaeyame: I just had to laugh when I read this piece!
The whole place is becoming tense, such that any loud bang may lead to cardiac arrest.
The police chief sure handled this well!

But wait a min, if the rocket "scientists" came second, I wish I could know what who took first invented!

Exactly my thought
Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by theripper3: 7:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
Hmmmm, these na MIT proteges unlike our secondary school Yoruba sisters wey use their Conc piss as fuel to power generator due to agbo jedi and all manner of nonsense they imbibe , come tell us say na invention. Till today, the gen no work again.

2 Likes

Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by Feraz(m): 7:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
naptu2: Teenagers launch locally made rocket in Imo State - Channels Television News.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4xrlRV-s0w
Nairaland's encyclopaedia. I greet you sir! Thanks for the link.
Pls, can we stop this tribal war irrespective of who started it? And like uj_sizzle said, government and the private sectors should try and organise science competitions across the nation. I can't remember the last I heard one was organised.
Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by theripper3: 7:24pm On Oct 09, 2013

Okrika shoes (Yaba)

Your sisters---------- terribly ugly

Your Fathers------ inveterate pedophiles and raunchy men

Your soup------- despicable to say the least.

Your children------ vagrant kids with no future ambition.

4 Likes

Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by dbride: 7:26pm On Oct 09, 2013
hardeyincah:
punctuate your sentence well.

it should be

well, someone needs deliverance here.

ur missing coma and fullstop can tend to mean something else to we readers...

thanks.

Tell us, what else would it mean without the punctuation?
Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2013
If i hear say na competition. These young scientists were test firing their rockets getting ready for Biafra War Season II. This time around we'll fight intelligently with less manpower bt with a scientific edge. We'll totaly annihilate our foes, the Israelis are behind us, thats enough 4us

1 Like

Re: Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion by mrvictor: 7:31pm On Oct 09, 2013
Solve this Maths:

If it took two teenagers a few days to build one rocket that travels more than 5km. How many days will it take 50million older men to build and what distance will it cover?

I love this creativity but it is a dangerous creativity.
The internet/ technology has brought knowledge to the grassroots.
Pray for Nigeria. It's better we never part as enemies.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Indian Man Crushed To Death By An Elephant (Pix, Video) / Four-metre King Cobra Wrestled From Sewer In Thailand / First Humans Acted Like Vegan Monkeys, 3 Million Years Ago - Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.