Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,666 members, 7,820,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State (18638 Views)

Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari / Presidency Halts Salaries To Federal Judges– DSS Begins Harassment, Bugging Of J / Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by alotofgrace(m): 11:31pm On Oct 09, 2013
kunlekuz8: hmmmmn
winsh
Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by LilBRightTMc(m): 11:35pm On Oct 09, 2013
alotofgrace: oyel oyel oyel everywhere in naija....nawao...dem go soon begin get abandoned oyel wells, wells with portholes, leaking wells.
That kid must an aboki

1 Like

Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by Djtm(m): 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2013
Where did they get that picture from?
Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by spacechuks(m): 11:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
Donmams: Hmmm. Can't wait for the country to be divided. Soon oil will be explored in the north and all those fools thinking that the north will be destroyed if we go our separate ways will be put to shame! In addition, we still maintain 70% of the country's landmass, agriculture will boom and the hydro electricity supply will be cut off to the south. That will mean 24 hour electricity for the north! Abeg GEJ hurry divide the country sharp sharp
let me educate your ignorance,hydro-electricity is obsolete,we have many grid system in the south which is powered by gas wastages from oil exploration.we can do without your hydroelectric.moreover,the last time I checked,we have more water bodies more than the north so what will stop us from building hydro-turbines.pls stop being tribalistic cos if it happens,you northerners will suffer
Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by lacasa: 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2013
Destiny can be delayed but not denied

GEjJ can smoke garri 4 all I care grin

U can Hate the North bt u can neva stop the North

3 Likes

Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by rodbel(m): 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2013
solomon111: you must be an illiterate.
The topography and geographical composition of the north does not support oil formation.
I wonder why you're not bothered that we've been wasting money exploring for oil in impossible places.
Ethnic Bigotry has degraded your mind.

That's not true sir. The topography and geography of some areas do support oil formation (e.g. Chad basin) It might not just be economically viable exploring/developing further at the moment. Its only a matter of time. With improved technology and detailed exploration activities......The north will strike oil......in commercial quantity mind you.
Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by Feraz(m): 11:53pm On Oct 09, 2013
Dospix: This topic is misleading: He regretted that the state could not however proceed to the next level in the exploration process because the presidency and the ministry were yet to respond to the application for approval as required by the law.He said the delay may have something to do with the non-passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB), stressing the need for the National Assembly to expedite action on the passage of the bill. since he knows the reason why they are yet to receive a reply from the federal government, why is he also accusing them of trying to halt their plan? This topic is misleading, instead of the above, it should be titled, "Non Passage of PIB hindering Oil Exploration in Niger State." On Babangida Aliyu case, he has started again...he reads politics into everything; yet, all he has to show in his state are bill boards littered around Niger state, with the caption 'Chief servant'...Otondo, una go dig hell fire comot for Bida say una dey find oyel.
Thank you oh! They said after setting up a committee, it was discovered that the letter was still at the minister's table. It was also said that the delay may have something to do with the non passage of the PIB. So how come the title says 'Presidency halts oil exploration in Niger state?
Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by MeAboki(m): 11:53pm On Oct 09, 2013
Lil B®ight™©:

Can someone get this guy gworo and shut him up undecided

Oh I see, you didn't like what I said. Did I hit a nerve? Did I expose your latest stash of human heads, kidnapping joint or armed robbery hideout?

1 Like

Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by Bizibi(m): 11:58pm On Oct 09, 2013
Donmams: Hmmm. Can't wait for the country to be divided. Soon oil will be explored in the north and all those fools thinking that the north will be destroyed if we go our separate ways will be put to shame! In addition, we still maintain 70% of the country's landmass, agriculture will boom and the hydro electricity supply will be cut off to the south. That will mean 24 hour electricity for the north! Abeg GEJ hurry divide the country sharp sharp
it seems u dont know your northern leaders yet
Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by spacechuks(m): 11:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
Me_Aboki:

In the same vain as some monkeys in the bush are causing volatility in their region, foolishly blowing up pipelines and polluting everywhere (in kind of cutting off one's nose to spite his face).
Yes these ppl are so animalistic that they eat themselves, so arrogant and full of themselves; yet so shallow and empty as hell.
No no they don't deserved any hydrocarbon as well, that's why the abokis (that they hate so much) have divided the oil blocs between themselves, leaving them with only peanuts for the monkeys they are - foolish boy (since the moderators will continue to ignore such tribalistic insults, we shall also indulge in fighting fire with fire). angry
let me educate you a little,the abokis succeeded in sharing oil bloc to themselves by virtue of their military power back then,and we christain are very peaceful ppl,the ppl U̶̲̥̅̊ refered to blowing oil pipelines are just a trace quantity in ratio to good and law abiding southern citizens,dnt U̶̲̥̅̊ think if bulk of the citizens here are animalistic,U̶̲̥̅̊Я aboki brodas will summit all those oil blocs they own illegally.The bottom line is that God is not asleep,he will jugde this northerners for been pest and parasites to d south

3 Likes

Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by rodbel(m): 12:10am On Oct 10, 2013
@solomon111

You have been thoroughly schooled. Get your facts right next time before posting on threads that require knowledgeable contributions grin grin grin
Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by Lamasta(m): 12:14am On Oct 10, 2013
Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by LilBRightTMc(m): 12:51am On Oct 10, 2013
Me_Aboki:

Oh I see, you didn't like what I said. Did I hit a nerve? Did I expose your latest stash of human heads, kidnapping joint or armed robbery hideout?
Do I look like u and ur boko brothers undecided

1 Like

Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by Kezsman(m): 1:18am On Oct 10, 2013
Lil B®ight™©:
[/quote]
This Aboki not guy grin[quote author=Lil B®ight™©]
This Aboki not guy

1 Like

Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by olumuyiolaoluwa: 1:32am On Oct 10, 2013
During d late Abacha`s Regime Nigeria wasted Billions on Exploration at the Chad Basin.Nobody is disputing the fact that there is no Oyel in the North. They just want to obey the principle of COST ANALYSIS
Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by MeAboki(m): 1:37am On Oct 10, 2013
spacechuks: let me educate you a little,the abokis succeeded in sharing oil bloc to themselves by virtue of their military power back then,and we christain are very peaceful ppl,the ppl U̶̲̥̅̊ refered to blowing oil pipelines are just a trace quantity in ratio to good and law abiding southern citizens,dnt U̶̲̥̅̊ think if bulk of the citizens here are animalistic,U̶̲̥̅̊Я aboki brodas will summit all those oil blocs they own illegally.The bottom line is that God is not asleep,he will jugde this northerners for been pest and parasites to d south

First of all, if you took offence to my post (which I suspect you actually did) then I'll advise you take it up with your brother for provoking me into responding in like manner.

Secondly, you have nothing to educate me concerning the issue at hand - which essentially was about the (false) sense of superiority expressed in the provoking post.
Unfortunately, adducing the sharing of the oil blocs to military power (as you put it) is an inadvertent admission to the superiority of the 'abokis' - that you guys so much despise.

Thirdly, Christianity has nothing to do with you ppl being peaceful (which isn't exactly true) while the same argument about the minority being involved in blowing up of pipelines can also be made concerning insurgents (BH) in the north, who incidentally are also in the minority.
Besides, if you ppl are so law abiding then why is criminality so rampant in the south: if its not kidnapping, it is armed robbery or ritualism, bunkering, drugs, prostitution, 419 ect - just to name a few.

Lastly, northerners are by no means parasites: you guys like to use this a lot, especially when referring to oil forgetting the fact that northerners who own majority of the blocs are in fact more involved in the oil production than southerners; also that it was the oyinbo man who discovered the oil, invested his money and technology into producing it; and is merely paying royalties (taxes) to the Nigerian government who in turn share it between its composite states (yeah, sharing - thats what you hate the most - cos you are damn too greedy).
The question therefore remains, where along the line are your own ppl's effort in generating this oil wealth, where is your industry or investment in it? Did you, your father, grandfather or ancestors plant this oil under the soil where the oyinbo found it? So what gives you the audacity to call anybody parasite, what are you producing that northerners are parasitizing on?
On the contrary, if anyone is parasitic its the southerners who pack themselves over to the north, abandoning (supposedly home sweet home) for the inhospitable desert north amid the threat of hostile boko boys, as economic refugees?
Go figure why they wouldn't go back, why leave the land of honey and oyel for poverty stricken almajiri arewa land?

Remember, for every finger of blame three are also pointing back at you - just food for thought.

Lil B®ight™©:
Do I look like u and ur boko brothers undecided

Of course not, you resemble a bush monkey, a cannibalistic one with prominent canine teeth for effective tearing of the flesh of your unfortunate victim. angry

6 Likes

Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by rockbase360: 2:58am On Oct 10, 2013
LARGE AMOUNTS OF OIL IS DISCOVERED IN EVERY STATES IN THE NORTH- SECOND DAY..".LET US TALK ABOUT RESOURCE CONTROL"- North declares
Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by eightsin(m): 3:58am On Oct 10, 2013
Which way Nigeira?
Why we dey fight eachoda?
Abeg,mak we stop every magomago
N mak we try to luv eachoda n stop tribalism
Cos luv n tolerance na very grt key to hapinx n success.

1 Like

Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by Nobody: 3:59am On Oct 10, 2013
Ok
Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by Nobody: 4:28am On Oct 10, 2013
alaoeri: Small time now niger/delta shakara 'our oyel' 'll end.
da brains of a chicken..warped thinking
Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 10, 2013
Me_Aboki:

First of all, if you took offence to my post (which I suspect you actually did) then I'll advise you take it up with your brother for provoking me into responding in like manner.

Secondly, you have nothing to educate me concerning the issue at hand - which essentially was about the (false) sense of superiority expressed in the provoking post.
Unfortunately, adducing the sharing of the oil blocs to military power (as you put it) is an inadvertent admission to the superiority of the 'abokis' - that you guys so much despise.

Thirdly, Christianity has nothing to do with you ppl being peaceful (which isn't exactly true) while the same argument about the minority being involved in blowing up of pipelines can also be made concerning insurgents (BH) in the north, who incidentally are also in the minority.
Besides, if you ppl are so law abiding then why is criminality so rampant in the south: if its not kidnapping, it is armed robbery or ritualism, bunkering, drugs, prostitution, 419 ect - just to name a few.

Lastly, northerners are by no means parasites: you guys like to use this a lot, especially when referring to oil forgetting the fact that northerners who own majority of the blocs are in fact more involved in the oil production than southerners; also that it was the oyinbo man who discovered the oil, invested his money and technology into producing it; and is merely paying royalties (taxes) to the Nigerian government who in turn share it between its composite states (yeah, sharing - thats what you hate the most - cos you are damn too greedy).
The question therefore remains, where along the line are your own ppl's effort in generating this oil wealth, where is your industry or investment in it? Did you, your father, grandfather or ancestors plant this oil under the soil where the oyinbo found it? So what gives you the audacity to call anybody parasite, what are you producing that northerners are parasitizing on?
On the contrary, if anyone is parasitic its the southerners who pack themselves over to the north, abandoning (supposedly home sweet home) for the inhospitable desert north amid the threat of hostile boko boys, as economic refugees?
Go figure why they wouldn't go back, why leave the land of honey and oyel for poverty stricken almajiri arewa land?

Remember, for every finger of blame three are also pointing back at you - just food for thought.

Of course not, you resemble a bush monkey, a cannibalistic one with prominent canine teeth for effective tearing of the flesh of your unfortunate victim. angry
everybody knows that oil is found and not 'planted,'even my dog knows that and its so easy and quick for u people to reason n say that wax but you are never quick to know n appreciate the degradation,the havoc,the environmental denigration exploration and exploitation activities have caused the Niger Deltans over the years and d negative impact its had on their farmlands n fishing swamps..how about pollution from gas flaring n d possibility of natural disasters in d aftermath of explorations? And you spoke about the people not putting any efforts in da production process lemme ask u: under which law is that gonna happen? How many Niger Deltan got oil blocs? Does da law permit regions to explore their God given minerals like d gas being flared n wasted? Didnt the 'owners of da nigerian estate,owners of other peoples' resources say allowing 'them' access to da...say flared gas will amount to resource control? How about da numerous illegal bush refineries those poor guys are forced 2 establish in the bushes that get destroyed everyday by agents of da govt? I can go on n on but its pisss someone off when u folks just thrash out rubbish here n there,u got no rights to..ur bloody stereotype warped thinking excuse is always d Niger Deltans didnt plant d oil,right,but they have all rights to it cos its located n situated in their God given land n they bear da brunts n pricks for d entire nation..and in addition what they are demanding is what obtains in da whole world-50% derivation,what we had during da days of da nuts n cocoa..
Meanwhile aint it supposed to b a free land? What should stop people from domiciding anywhere they wanna as long as its their country? And isnt it a well established known fact globally that people tend to move to wet/cooler zones than move to or remain in arid zones globally? but everything in nigeria is always da other way round cos da owners of da bloody nigerian estate are gonna shitt in their pants when we get down to realities for real...now pay attention, when ONLY da nORTH, that is far from all da attendant hazards attributable to explorations n explorations, opposes TRUE FEDERALISM n RESOURCE CONTROL n SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE that will possitively address these draconian issues,then u guys are nothing but leeching PARASITES and DOGS IN OTHER PEOPLES' MANGERS and what u gettin soonest is da boots 2 ur bloody arssses back to da sahara

3 Likes

Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by kabba7(m): 5:54am On Oct 10, 2013
solomon111: it is very obvious why God did not bless some regions with oil.
Their wickedness would have been unprecedented.
And yes,IT IS NIGER-DELTA OIL,jump into the lagoon if you don't like the fact.

For the avoidance of doubt the former Gov. of Sokoto state late Shehu Kangiwa has through an Italian firm confirm the presence of large deposit of oil in the Goronyo axis of the state . ThIs was done in the early 80's so findind same in Niger is no surprice.if jonathan likes let him continue to dig deep ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ deeper
Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by Wsdm: 5:59am On Oct 10, 2013
spacechuks: let me educate you a little,the abokis succeeded in sharing oil bloc to themselves by virtue of their military power back then,and we christain are very peaceful ppl,the ppl U̶̲̥̅̊ refered to blowing oil pipelines are just a trace quantity in ratio to good and law abiding southern citizens,dnt U̶̲̥̅̊ think if bulk of the citizens here are animalistic,U̶̲̥̅̊Я aboki brodas will summit all those oil blocs they own illegally.The bottom line is that God is not asleep,he will jugde this northerners for been pest and parasites to d south
So the militants are now small ratio in you population wielding such ernemous disturbing powers? How then do you call the entire North boko haram when the % of boko haram amongst the northerners are smaller the % of militants amongst the southernerns. You should not be too worried that oil which you have always used to insult the Northerners is now found there. There are more to sound living than oil.
Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by Metallurgist: 6:07am On Oct 10, 2013
The topography and geographical composition of the north does not support oil formation.
I wonder why you're not bothered that we've been wasting money exploring for oil in impossible places.
prof geology how come saudi a desert hav oil, so does iran, iraq and the list goes on and most notable both chad and niger republic struck oil in chad basin which hav the same geological formation with the one in maiduguri. Afterall oil is not eternal, while agriculture is a renewable blessed.
Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 10, 2013
Wsdm: There are more to sound living than oil.
I WISH U WILL TELL UR SO CALLED ELITES,EMIRS,...THAT AND CEASE FROM BEING LEECHINGLY PARASITIC
Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by nagoma(m): 6:37am On Oct 10, 2013
solomon111: Nonsense!
We've wasted billions of naira exploring for oil in the desert,all because these abokis are obsessed with oil.
All those money gone down the drain with no single drop of oil in sight.

It's a matter of time , not only Bida basin but also Sokoto, Benue and borno have huge deposits of oil and gas and all the 19 northern states have large deposits of precious minerals and then we can see where the Niger Delta will get food from- Greedy lazy lot. They could not fight for separate independence from British rule and now they insist that Nigerian national resources belongs to them alone.
Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by Swiftboy(m): 6:43am On Oct 10, 2013
cheesy we should be glad there's oil all over Nigeria! Tribalism and religion differences should be lay aside.Lets use our head! We cant progress apart! Let me tell you,there's oil all over Nigeria even in the West and midle-belt! So whats the point? Beside having oil does not mean wealth all by itself! What you do with it is what determine the outcome.We youth should not make the mistakes of our fathers! We should learn to forgive and forget.Oh let me remind you,there are other alternative sources of energy.The USA are not drilling more oil fields cos there're safer and cleaner energy.You're here chewing each other out like primitive aborigins. Civilization is long past the stupid ethnicity brutality of the past! The world is becoming trans-cultural so cut the crap and lets say things that uplift the great nation God has given us! Cant you see we cant divide? The rivers cant separate us,June 12 cant seperate us,mend cant seperate us and not even boko haram can! Those nation that seperated are the any better? Germany's broke the literal wall,let us break our walls.NIGERIA! Great nation...GREAT PEOPLE! One Love!

3 Likes

Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by nagoma(m): 6:48am On Oct 10, 2013
[quote author=Lil B®ight™©][/quote]

If you empty vessel have nothing to contribute why don't you just shut up . You ethnic insults are irritating everybody.

1 Like

Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by anonimi: 6:50am On Oct 10, 2013
rodbel:

That's not true sir. The topography and geography of some areas do support oil formation (e.g. Chad basin) It might not just be economically viable exploring/developing further at the moment. Its only a matter of time. With improved technology and detailed exploration activities......The north will strike oil......in commercial quantity mind you.

Very appropriate response.
Solo111 should remove the ethnic bigotry block in his eyes so he can see the speck in those of others.

However it is obvious that the Chief Servant of Niger state is playing USELESS mind games with his clueless people using the federal government as ploy.
What is the meaning of this part of the news story:

with their refusal to grant oil bloc and operational licence to the state government,

How does it fit with the laws governing oil exploration in Nigeria?
Do we have resource control already such that a state can explore and exploit mineral resources under its soil

2 Likes

Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by pitypec(m): 7:08am On Oct 10, 2013
even thou u have written it u should not believe wat u wrote saudi arabia, chad, iran, niger, sudan even some part of d us where oil has been discover in large quantitites do have such topography as d north.
Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by ikweremilitant: 7:25am On Oct 10, 2013
abi o my broda oya oga gej pls divid am sharply make we se how d north go sell dm oil witout pasng thru south or hw many mega wats d hydro dam is generatng dat we re stl lackng power.

1 Like

Re: Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 10, 2013
We Nigerians are very dumb. I am serious.
We heard a goodnews about oil been found in some of our states, it became tribal war in nairaland.

This same mistake our father made, we want to make thesame?
This stupidity should stop brothers, you can fight all you want but you can't change one thing, we stuck together.

You all see the light at the end of this beautiful tunnel; taraba, sokoto, benue, maiduguri, etc having oil creates more employment and we can use the 70percent gas it supplies to end our power problem.

If these states utilize their oil, migration to lagos and some cities will be drastically reduced. Our hausa brothers will have respite and stop carrying bag of garri and other things for people. They will have to embrace education.

We should embrace this development with open arms.
More Nigerians should go into the building of refineries. They should make the building of refineries a communal project. Like buying shares, so that we can indirectly eat from these resources ourselves and not depend on government.

God created this country as a perfect country, a country to admire. We have changed it to a country to run from.

Let's embrace unity, its in unity we will grow

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos: VP Osinbajo Chairs Economic Sustainability Committee Meeting / Atiku Promises To Hold Reconciliatory Physical Meeting With Wike / Obiano , Wife And Son Visit FCET Umunze - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.