Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (169007 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 12, 2013
How much?
Mister Dan: Hey pals.. i was at JC Intl at PH and mehnnn...the prices werent cheap at all....
any idea where i could do some other projects which are pocket friendly?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 12, 2013
EdDave: Been looking out for this since the beginning of this thread.
I m already a graduate of EEE Bm(B.Eng). What r my chances?Been looking out this since the beginning of this thread.
I m already a graduate of EEE Bm(B.Eng). What r my chances?
abroad MSC is the way forward or you can do MSC subsea engineering.... Still abroad especially in UK schools like Robert gordon university and co..cheers...send me a mail I will give u a link France and Dubai...cheers
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 12, 2013
Find these article interesting it a must READ,read and enjoy.
http://www.mlaresources.com/recruitersperspective.html
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Sayet(m): 8:26am On Nov 13, 2013
Thanks to my ogas here,imag5 and others. i'v always love to be a driller in the O&G coy but i did not have d proper orientation when filling the jamb form. I'm a 100level chemical engineering student but with what i'v gained here,i'm thinking of changing my course to geology possibly in 200level. I want to know if this will be a good move cos i have a strong passion of being a driller.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 13, 2013
Sayet: Thanks to my ogas here,imag5 and others. i'v always love to be a driller in the O&G coy but i did not have d proper orientation when filling the jamb form. I'm a 100level chemical engineering student but with what i'v gained here,i'm thinking of changing my course to geology possibly in 200level. I want to know if this will be a good move cos i have a strong passion of being a driller.
not a good move bro,chemical engineering is tight and you can still work on the rig,just get yourself ready when you graduate you go for mud engineering course then you are balance and pls work hard minimum of 2.1,durning. My days in school I made 2.1 in geophysics and that was my first step in being a consultant......

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 13, 2013
imag5: not a good move bro,chemical engineering is tight and you can still work on the rig,just get yourself ready when you graduate you go for mud engineering course then you are balance and pls work hard minimum of 2.1,durning. My days in school I made 2.1 in geophysics and that was my first step in being a consultant......
with chemical engineering you can be a cementer,you work with halliburton and co durning well completion
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
For those who would like to get a glimpse of the oil and gas industry by knowing more about Petroleum Engineering, get your hand on this book: Non-Technical Guide to Petroleum, Exploration, Drilling and Production.

Its easy to understand hold-me-by-hand and paint-me-a-picture approach makes it a rather interesting book to read.

It is 568 pages and sold for some $ at Amazon, but I got mine free with good google searches last year.

The book is really a non-technical guide.

Enjoy
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by frediflexta(m): 2:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
@Imag5 goodafternoon,my name is fred n am new here,I just came to the realisation that the future is now n not wen I graduate,am a300l student of geolgy uniport.can I gt ur email I hv loads of ques.to ask,I seriously need your help.mine is Frediflexta@gmail.com,hp to here frm u.thnx Sorry guys didn't mean to digress.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
frediflexta: @Imag5 goodafternoon,my name is fred n am new here,I just came to the realisation that the future is now n not wen I graduate,am a300l student of geolgy uniport.can I gt ur email I hv loads of ques.to ask,I seriously need your help.mine is Frediflexta@gmail.com,hp to here frm u.thnx Sorry guys didn't mean to digress.
marcusimagwe@yahoo.com
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Sayet(m): 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
imag5: not a good move bro,chemical engineering is tight and you can still work on the rig,just get yourself ready when you graduate you go for mud engineering course then you are balance and pls work hard minimum of 2.1,durning. My days in school I made 2.1 in geophysics and that was my first step in being a consultant......
thanks for the priceless advice,you're truely a blessing.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by jazinogold(m): 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
2s£xy:
For those who would like to get a glimpse of the oil and gas industry by knowing more about Petroleum Engineering, get your hand on this book: Non-Technical Guide to Petroleum, Exploration, Drilling and Production.

Its easy to understand hold-me-by-hand and paint-me-a-picture approach makes it a rather interesting book to read.

It is 568 pages and sold for some $ at Amazon, but I got mine free with good google searches last year.

Enjoy
some1 have told me about that book before...can u pls email me?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 14, 2013
I will search for the link where I dropped it in another thread.
jazinogold: some1 have told me about that book before...can u pls email me?

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by addictiv(m): 7:03am On Nov 14, 2013
2s£xy:
I will search for the link where I dropped it in another thread.
Pls do i am also intrested in laying my hands on that material.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by EGRESS(m): 8:58am On Nov 14, 2013
@imag5 n @all, pls i read elect/elect with 2 1 and i am eager to further my studies in petroleum engineering at institute of petroleum studies in portharcourt, d question is wot are my prospects and wot are d trainings dat i can engage myself in now to make me a major player in d oil coy? I am presently in lagos. Pls i seriously need advice
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by EGRESS(m): 9:22am On Nov 14, 2013
EGRESS: pls i am new to this thread and u guys are d bomb(nt b/haram o). I wil lyk 2 lay my hand on that book pls my mail:mostowall@gmail.com and moreso pls help cos i want to do my masters in petroleum engineering cos i graduated with 2 1 from elect/elect. Pls i strongly need ur advice
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 14, 2013
EGRESS: @imag5 n @all, pls i read elect/elect with 2 1 and i am eager to further my studies in petroleum engineering at institute of petroleum studies in portharcourt d question is wot are my prospects and wot are d training dat i can engage myself in now to make me a major player in d oil coy? I am presently in lagos. Pls i seriously need advice
IPS is the bomb,and they have affiliation with IFP France and most of their student are sort after globally especially Total and co...pls life is a risk if you have the means go...cheers my email is on this page if you need more info email me....

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by EGRESS(m): 9:44am On Nov 14, 2013
2s£xy:

Enjoy
i need d book pls. My mail: mostowall@gmail.com thank u very much, u'r wonderful and blessing to person like me.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by frediflexta(m): 10:45am On Nov 14, 2013
addictiv:
Pls do i am also intrested in laying my hands on that material.
....am also interested too.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2013
For people who have asked for the download link, here it is:

http://www.4shared.com/office/imtGbzsp/Petroleum_Production_Systems.html

the book is just too good. Get a note book and jot down as you read through.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
Here is the link to the book:

http://www.4shared.com/office/8SmZH3D1/nontechnical_guide_to_petroleu.html

please sign up before you can download the book.

it cost $58 at Amazon but here free.

The previous one I droped was for another by mistake.

I would have given another one, which is somewhat of an encyclopedia of various petroleum engineering books, but it's now invalid link.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 14, 2013
2s£xy:
Here is the link to the book:

http://www.4shared.com/office/8SmZH3D1/nontechnical_guide_to_petroleu.html

please sign up before you can download the book.

it cost $58 at Amazon but here free.

The previous one I droped was for another by mistake.

I would have given another one, which is somewhat of an encyclopedia of various petroleum engineering books, but it's now invalid link.

Gracias,
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 14, 2013
You inspired it boss!
imag5: Gracias,
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by mrphysics(m): 9:29pm On Nov 14, 2013
am a student of physics and astronomy, geophysics option university of Nigerian Nsukka. "what on earth is nt physics??". each word that starts with "p" looks like physics to me. its all about physics and nothing else

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 14, 2013
any room for chemical engineers here?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by SU37fighter: 9:32pm On Nov 14, 2013
Someone actually wanted to drop chemical engineering for geology?
Abomination!!.

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by PalmTree(m): 9:39pm On Nov 14, 2013
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is widely used across
several fields ranging from Telecomms to Oil and Gas
Industry. Which is why Greenland Consult Ltd (Geo-spatial
and Remote Sensing experts) have decided to bring this
technology closer to our future leaders. Acquire GIS skills
today and provide your self with an advantage over other job
seekers!
If you are currently studying Geography, Urban and regional
planning, Geology, Agricultural sciences, Civil engineering,
Information technology, Estate management, Surveying,
Agric Extension, Public health science and Marketing, we
have customized training classes for all the above listed
disciplines. For hands-on technical training in GIS and
Remote Sensing applications, you can send a mail to
greenlandconsult89@gmail.com or tomimgis@gmail.com.
Phone: 08061185492
We also offer advanced training sessions on Crime mapping
analysis, Land information systems, Forest and natural
resource management, Environmental impact assessment
and Environmental Modelling. Thanks.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by 9icegee: 9:46pm On Nov 14, 2013
imag5: Thanks everyone,jpts certified drilling operations and offshore technology is 30k at pH.....hope u guys are fine.....we are the future..don't give up......if u are already a graduate sent or CV to my mail marcusimagwe@yahoo.com
SCAM!!! People pls dont be taken in!! U cant get drilling certifications for 30K pls!!

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by OjaP: 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
I am so so following this thread... grin grin

I am a Petroleum Geologist tooo, I had my first degree in Nigeria and recently graduated with my masters degree in Petroleum Geology from the United States. I presently work for one of the largest oil companies in the state of California, USA.

California oil fields are popular because of its old age and heavy oil. I pretty much work in the development group where I use my geological knowledge to identify by-passed zones and recommend drillings. I have also been trained in heat management since most of our recovery modes in the California basins are from steam injections. I have close to 2 years experience in the US oil sector, and have so far drilled over 30 wells.

I am willing to answer any questions ranging from career path, education etc.

I hail my fellow Geologists!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by borie4u(m): 10:00pm On Nov 14, 2013
[/b][color=#000099][/color]
OjaP: I am so so following this thread... grin grin

I am a Petroleum Geologist tooo, I had my first degree in Nigeria and recently graduated with my masters degree in Petroleum Geology from the United States. I presently work for one of the largest oil companies in the state of California, USA.

California oil fields are popular because of its old age and heavy oil. I pretty much work in the development group where I use my geological knowledge to identify by-passed zones and recommend drillings. I have also been trained in heat management since most of our recovery modes in the California basins are from steam injections. I have close to 2 years experience in the US oil sector, and have so far drilled over 30 wells.

I am willing to answer any questions ranging from career path, education etc.

I hail my fellow Geologists!!!!!!

[b]
Dear ojaP, Nice to see that i can actually relate with u. Sent Imag mail but seems he is selective about who he answers. Please i want to know if truely the tution is free for PHD student in USA and what are the chances of one who had his MSc here in Nigeria with a CGPA of 4.00/5.00. Also, will i need to tender GRE or TOEFL result knowing that this two are banned in the country now. Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by OjaP: 10:05pm On Nov 14, 2013
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by OjaP: 10:05pm On Nov 14, 2013
borie4u: [/b][color=#000099][/color]
[b]
Dear ojaP, Nice to see that i can actually relate with u. Sent Imag mail but seems he is selective about who he answers. Please i want to know if truely the tution is free for PHD student in USA and what are the chances of one who had his MSc here in Nigeria with a CGPA of 4.00/5.00. Also, will i need to tender GRE or TOEFL result knowing that this two are banned in the country now. Thanks

Most PhD schools in the USA offer free tuition for PhD. You have a very good chance of getting in with your MS CGPA. All you need to do is shortlist schools and identify professors with similar research interests as yours. Most PhD schools would require you to write the GRE as part of the admission. Remember you are competing with promising applicants/geologists all over the world, so you would want to make sure you write the test even if it requires you travelling to Ghana for that.

The link below shows a list of all the Geology schools in the USA by state. You may find it helpful. All the best.

http://geology.com/colleges.htm
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by borie4u(m): 10:08pm On Nov 14, 2013
Thanks Ojap. ur the Man. I had a 2.2 from O.A.U (3.3/5.0) and projected 4./5 MSc UNILAG all in Applied Geophysics. Will my BSC hinder my chances?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.