Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,338 members, 7,822,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article (13851 Views)

The List Of BIG Frauds That Got Buhari Angry Sacked Over 20 Dgs Of Federal Agent / Okonjo Iweala Article Hacked, Threat Message Left (pix) / 5 Supreme Court Workers Sacked Over Leaked Judgment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Valentinooo: 1:56am On Oct 10, 2013
The Federal Government has fired a former Public Relations Officer of the National Emergency Management Agency, Mr. Yushau Shuaib, in connection with an article he wrote that was considered critical of the Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

In the letter communicating Shuaib’s removal from service, the government also referred to him as Assistant Chief Information Officer even though he was promoted Chief Information Officer with effect from January 1, 2012, suggesting that he might have been demoted as well.

The former NEMA spokesperson was sacked for writing an article, published by an online news medium, PREMIUM TIMES, alleging that some appointments by Okonjo-Iweala were lopsided.

The article titled ‘Still on Okonjo-Iweala over Controversial Appointments’, published on March 6, also called on the minister “to ensure that appointments into important positions should be done in credible and transparent manner that can withstand public scrutiny.”

Shuaib was initially transferred to the Ministry of Information after the minister had called him on the telephone to tongue-lash him for having the effrontery to criticize her method of making important appointments.

His transfer was said to have followed a complaint by Okonjo-Iweala to Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, on Shuaib article, and a demand that the civil servant be disciplined.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-sacks-ex-nema-spokesman-over-article-on-okonjo-iweala/
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by naijaking1: 3:50am On Oct 10, 2013
He has no business being anybody's PRO. He can now go work fulltime for Boko Haram

17 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by gleaf: 4:14am On Oct 10, 2013
Its wrong for a civil servant to publicly accuse, abuse or counter the same govt. He/she is serving. He might be right but the condition or environment does not condone such effrontery, not even in Western world.

14 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Segadem(m): 8:02am On Oct 10, 2013
gleaf: Its wrong for a civil servant to publicly accuse, abuse or counter the same govt. He/she is serving. He might be right but the condition or environment does not condone such effrontery, not even in Western world.
You 've spoken well,but why some Nairalanders will call for the heads of Okupe and Abati while they are discharging their duties?

2 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by ITbomb(m): 10:12am On Oct 10, 2013
I dont care who is sack or who is not sack because today is my birthday.
Pls like my post ♥ to help me celebrate

142 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 10, 2013
$
He shouldnt have bitten the fingers that feed him; the man got what he deserved.

1 Like

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by dridowu: 10:13am On Oct 10, 2013
Where is freedom of speech ?

2 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by iBukas: 10:15am On Oct 10, 2013
Freedom indid
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 10, 2013
How did dis news affect a cup of garri in market or affect me dat my study ave been impeded for 102 days.....mtcheew....i dnt want 2 hear any story abt dos stoolages nd sycophants
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by nnemmpi(m): 10:15am On Oct 10, 2013
A big lesson to other civil sevant like him

2 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by fingard02k(m): 10:16am On Oct 10, 2013
untouchable iweala

2 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by rezy15(m): 10:17am On Oct 10, 2013
naijaking1: He can now go work fulltime for Boko Haram
For ur mind u have spoken intelligently. Pls stick to the issue at hand

2 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by abujalapdog(m): 10:17am On Oct 10, 2013
dridowu: Where is freedom of speech ?

you can find that in the beer parlour okay.

15 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Sllowppoisoon: 10:19am On Oct 10, 2013
grin dats not funny grin
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by abujalapdog(m): 10:19am On Oct 10, 2013
You have “Freedom of Speech” but Freedom
AFTER speech - that I cannot guarantee”..-Idi Amin.

49 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 10, 2013

He can't eat his cake and have it.

1 Like

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by DICKtator: 10:20am On Oct 10, 2013
Loyalty to your Employer is key. What a great disservice he must have done by criticizing the same people he works under.By now he would never undervalue the power of a moniker/pseudonym when writing an article for public consumption. Or he could have waited till he finishes his tenure and start the criticism like FFK!!!

grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Okijajuju1(m): 10:20am On Oct 10, 2013
Analogy:: You go and tweet that your Boss is a reetard and yet you want to keep your job... grin

Goodbye fool... #Congratulations to the new guy wey go collect your job..

#Circle of life things!

15 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by tellwisdom: 10:20am On Oct 10, 2013

Sir, that man wasn't the right person to castigate her appointments.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Fazhy: 10:21am On Oct 10, 2013
abujalapdog: You have “Freedom of Speech” but Freedom

grin grin grin

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Okijajuju1(m): 10:22am On Oct 10, 2013

Did anybody stop him from "Speeching"...

2 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by pesty100(m): 10:23am On Oct 10, 2013
well well he critisized he got fired...
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by tellwisdom: 10:25am On Oct 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

At least, the SPEECH can pay him sad
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Ramanto(m): 10:27am On Oct 10, 2013
A Military govt wudn't have been any worse than this in terms of freedom of xression.Okonjo shld have simply cleared herself out of the mess if trully the alligation was wrong rather than showing Nigerians that she's 'untouchable'...God punish all the evil leaders

4 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by demelza: 10:27am On Oct 10, 2013
abujalapdog: You have “Freedom of Speech” but Freedom
The great Idi Amin! grin.
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Brymo: 10:34am On Oct 10, 2013
I once respected NI,untill now.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Ola2njee: 10:35am On Oct 10, 2013
Let me alter lil wayne's line;God Bless Nigeria,The sweet land of ''let them talk and sack 'em all''
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by gazilion: 10:35am On Oct 10, 2013
Ramanto: A Military govt wudn't have been any worse than this in terms of freedom of xression.Okonjo shld have simply cleared herself out of the mess if trully the alligation was wrong rather than showing Nigerians that she's 'untouchable'...God punish all the evil leaders

I read the said article and the guy really messed up by accusing Madam Iweala of running a biafran agenda. You don't make such public accusations while still in office and expect to be pampered.

1 Like

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Brimmie(m): 10:36am On Oct 10, 2013
Heyaa
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by fkaz(m): 10:36am On Oct 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

shocked
Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 10, 2013
I don't support his outright dismissal, but at least it will serve as a lesson to the upcoming kids that you don't just pull up false allegations from y'all asses and lie against the same govt that employed you without evidences to back it up

Good riddance to bad rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Ex-nema Spokesman Sacked Over Okonjo-iweala Article by sanmitee(m): 10:47am On Oct 10, 2013
I remember an incidence a while ago in Osun state, when on a live radio broadcast a civil servant met his waterloo in d same vain.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

​christmas Bonus: Ugwuanyi Approves 13th Month Salary For Workers / Andrew Uchendu To Wike: "Stop Fighting Me" / How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.