Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,777 members, 7,955,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:03 PM

180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers (26874 Views)

Boko Haram Insurgents Killed In Okene By Nigerian Troops (Graphic pics) / Cameroon Kills 180 Boko Haram Insurgents / Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by oluemmakay(m): 4:02am On Oct 10, 2013
A fierce gunfight launched by the fundamentalist Islamist group, Boko Haram, against the Camerounian soldiers has led to the killing of no fewer than 180 insurgents and two gendarmes around a Nigerian border with Cameroun.

It was gathered that during the battle which took place on Tuesday evening, many of the wounded insurgents were also arrested.

About 200 rifles, 70 machine guns and heavy military hardware were said to have been recovered from the insurgents by the soldiers.

A reliable military source confirmed the development to our correspondent shortly after the the Nigerian Army in Kano State disclosed that it had foiled a plot to bomb Kano during the forthcoming Sallah festival by uncovering a bomb factory in Gezawa Local Government Area.

It was gathered that the Camerounian authorities directed the soldiers to launch the attack against the Nigerian gunmen, who had earlier on Tuesday, ambushed and killed two gendarmes on patrol in the border community.

Our source said the soldiers, while pursuing the insurgents, sent a signal to their Nigerian counterparts, to be on the alert to avoid the escape of the fleeing insurgents.

According to the source, the number of those killed, the arrests and the recovered arms indicated that many Boko Haram members, who were forced out of Nigeria through military operations, had already “settled comfortably” in Cameroun.

He said, “The Camerounian troops have been involved in a serious confrontation with the insurgents. They have killed over 180 of them.

“Almost 200 rifles and 70 machine guns were recovered from them by Camerounian soldiers.

“What led to this operation was that the insurgents killed two gendarmes on patrol around the border with Nigeria on Tuesday. I think this angered them to order a comprehensive raid of the hideouts of the insurgents.

“You can see from the casualty figure and the level of seizures that they were already comfortable in that part of Cameroun until this incident.

“Ironically, the Camerounians who had been reluctant in spite of complaints by Nigeria at the diplomatic level are the ones now reaching out to us to ensure that the fleeing insurgents are not allowed to escape. So, I can tell you that the heat is on them.”

It was also gathered that Nigerien soldiers in the Multinational Joint Task Force killed an unspecified number of Boko Haram members on some island communities near Lake Chad on Sunday.

Investigations revealed that the Nigerien component of the MNJTF went after the insurgents on learning of the killing of one of them.

Our source said the intensified military action against the insurgents had made the nation’s northern border rather too hot for them.

When our correspondent contacted the Director of Defence Information, Brig.-Gen Chris Olukolade, he said, “Our neighbouring countries, either through the instrumentality of the Multi National Joint Task Force or through their security instruments, are involved in operations to complement what we are doing against terrorism.

“I am aware that the MNJTF and Nigerian security agencies are combing everywhere for any strange movement in our territory,” Olukolade said.

Also in Abuja on Wednesday, the Commander ‘3’ Brigade of the Nigerian Army, Brig. Gen Illiyasu Abba, said that operatives raided a house in Gunduwawa, Gezawa LGA and discovered a bomb factory.

He told journalists at a press briefing in Kano that bomb making items recovered from the factory were meant to carry out attacks in Kano during the Sallah and other festivals this year.

A young man suspected to be a child of the owner of the house rented out to the suspected terrorists was shot dead.

Abba said, “At about 2 am on October 8, a combined team of the JTF troops and Department of State Services raided two Boko Haram terrorists’ hideouts at Gunduwawa village in the Gezawa Local Government Area.

“The raid, which was conducted following a lead on intelligence reports, made no arrests as the terrorists fled the village on the approach of the JTF troops and DSS personnel.

“The weapons and other dangerous materials were meant to wreak havoc on Kano during the Eid-el-Kabir and other festivities before the end of the year.’’

He listed Improvised Explosive Devices, ‘two AK 58 with 193 rounds of 5.56 mm ammunition, one AK 47 magazine with 107 rounds of 5.56 millimeter ammunition, bows and arrows as some of the recovered items.

Three primed cylinders of IEDs, one primed explosive suicide back pack, 18 empty IED cylinders, 24 detonators, a small bag of fertiliser, IED timers cortex wires, three remote control devices, five Motorola hand held radios, four communicators, six alarm clocks, two cartons of nine -volt batteries, a scale, one external hard drive and one heavy duty charger/battery were also recovered from the house.
http://www.punchng.com/news/180-bharam-insurgents-killed-by-camerounian-soldiers-military/

3 Likes

Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by Aedesmuskeeto: 4:34am On Oct 10, 2013
Pls teach NA on how to kill insurgents in large numbers...
Moderator still dey sleep ni? Fp.

2 Likes

Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by Nobody: 4:44am On Oct 10, 2013
Nigeria solders should learn from Cameroon.
this islamist have been over pampered by the army. they need to be killed en-mass

2 Likes

Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by malele(m): 5:25am On Oct 10, 2013
Cameroonian. Soldiers dey vex ooo.
Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by JameyMaxwell(m): 6:05am On Oct 10, 2013
180 Bokoharamers?
Nigeria should bend her head in Shame.

2 Likes

Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by Aedesmuskeeto: 6:07am On Oct 10, 2013
Idi Amin: Cameroun soldiers should please undertake to train Naija soldiers on how to fight terrorism. Anyway, what do you expect when you ask a thief to catch a thief.
Naija JTF=North*erners/M*uslims
Boko haram=Nor*therners/Mus*lims.
So who is deceiving who? undecided
bros i doff my hat to your stupidity..

You think the NA is ethnically or religiously biased like your tribal-ridden miserable self??.. Nigga Go get a life.

18 Likes

Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 10, 2013
Naija sojas shud beta seat up! I bet boko will giv cameroun space wit such killins!

1 Like

Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by maddest: 6:32am On Oct 10, 2013
Dat's a Gud news. I think d rested diplomatic move to make the camerounian soldiers a part of dis fight should be resositated.

1 Like

Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by anochuks08(m): 6:40am On Oct 10, 2013
I still don't believe the news. Media propaganda

2 Likes

Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 10, 2013
Aedes_muskeeto: bros i doff my hat to your stupidity..

You think the na is ethnically biased like your tribal-ridden miserable self??.. Nigga Go get a life.
Truth hurts bro. It's not about ethnicity but religion. I have a lot of mu*sli*mss friends just like you I guess. But to be honest, I now dine with them with a long spoon even as I watch my head also to avoid being cut off. You can never be sure who is who again in Naija especially when some people are ready to die for what they are deceitfully told and not what they were born with-RELIGION undecided

25 Likes

Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by Licensed2Kill(m): 6:54am On Oct 10, 2013
Nigeria shld brw a leaf from the America. . .send some troops to cameroon to wipe out them stupid extremist then apologise later.
Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by waternogetenemy: 7:06am On Oct 10, 2013
Correct, GEJ take note. We are looking forward to Chad and Niger. Let us wrap dis thing up. kiss
Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by AustineE1: 7:09am On Oct 10, 2013
....it is called 'false flag' in intelligence parlance,since cameroun has become the new heaven of boko-haram group and after much diplomatic moves by Nigerian government to make camerounian authorities see reason why these inglorious bastards shld be flushed,seemed to have failed.The intelligence community choose option 'B',disguise and hit the gendarmes in a boko-haram fashion and all hell will be let loose...My gratitude goes to the Nigerian intelligence community and the reactionary cameronian gendarmes!!!

24 Likes

Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 10, 2013
It would be a shame of multinational dimension and a dent on Nigeria Army image if any of these border countries were to eventually be the one to killed/capture shekau and open display him for all to see. Nigeria Army should please sit-up and step-up there approach of tackling terrorist.

1 Like

Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:13am On Oct 10, 2013
Anyone talkin abt 'nigeria soldiers shld learn for camerounian soldiers' is a fool.

So, because dem boko boys no dey at alert and dem catch them woth first attack now dem be baba?

Let's see wot happens after this?

If boko haram start to they kill as they did in Naija, dem population go don reduce to just 54 people grin

i sweritt!!

6 Likes

Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by Madawaki01(m): 7:27am On Oct 10, 2013
If cameroon had been doing this b4,bh wud hav been gone,weneva the Nigeria army launch a big offensive against them,they retreat to cameroon,so if cameroon cn also step up against dem,and niger and chad followed suit,i believe boko haram wil b totally xterminated within a little time....

7 Likes

Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by Madawaki01(m): 7:28am On Oct 10, 2013
shollaire: It would be a shame of multinational dimension and a dent on Nigeria Army image if any of these border countries were to eventually be the one to killed/capture shekau and open display him for all to see. Nigeria Army should please sit-up and step-up there approach of tackling terrorist.
shekau is dead already,dead and buried.
Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by badmeat(m): 7:30am On Oct 10, 2013
Ok na!we r watching
Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 10, 2013
shocked I hope this won't turn against them, cos I sensed that those demon might go back on a revenge mission. Technically though.

1 Like

Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by Omexonomy: 8:06am On Oct 10, 2013
anochuks08: I still don't believe the news. Media propaganda
next time ask for pisure for you to believe most of the soldiers are having camera phone. Or better still you can go and snap them and put in nairaland.

1 Like

Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by anochuks08(m): 9:25am On Oct 10, 2013
Omexonomy: next time ask for pisure for you to believe most of the soldiers are having camera phone. Or better still you can go and snap them and put in nairaland.
abeg, snap the pictures send give me na
Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by taharqa: 9:35am On Oct 10, 2013
Madawaki01: If cameroon had been doing this b4,bh wud hav been gone,weneva the Nigeria army launch a big offensive against them,they retreat to cameroon,so if cameroon cn also step up against dem,and niger and chad followed suit,i believe boko haram wil b totally xterminated within a little time....
Simplicita!!!
Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by dridowu: 9:59am On Oct 10, 2013
Boko haram neva die finish ? I tire 4 d boko boiz
Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by LilBRightTMc(m): 10:18am On Oct 10, 2013
These means that the Cameronian army are stronger than their Gaint of Africa neighbour (Nigeria)
Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by Lionbite(m): 10:26am On Oct 10, 2013
180 at a time? Oh Boi all these cameroun soldier be bad boys o
Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 10, 2013
a
Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by Brymo: 10:31am On Oct 10, 2013
Amen!
Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by hybeekay9: 10:32am On Oct 10, 2013
Rip
Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by tammmy(m): 10:32am On Oct 10, 2013
ride on cameroon
Re: 180 Boko-haram Insurgents Killed By Camerounian Soldiers by oxygen47: 10:32am On Oct 10, 2013
Blast their heads off
Boom Boom Boom!!!

But wait o
I hope innocent Nigerians are not part of the casualties

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Valedictory Session Of The 7th Senate (pictures) / Kayode Ogundamisi: Why Dino Melaye Must Come Out & 'Shame' The Police / Man Attacked, Injured By Thugs In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.