Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers (35760 Views)

Boko Haram Insurgents Killed In Okene By Nigerian Troops (Graphic pics) / President Jonathan Rocks Military Uniform During Visits To troops In Mubi (pic) / Military Recaptures Abadam & Kills Dozens Of Insurgents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by hayzed2: 2:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
Over 60 people reportedly died over the weekend as Nigerian security forces battled to recapture Mubi, Adamawa state, from the dreaded Boko Haram sect.

Elite anti-riot mobile policemen were said to have joined the counter-offensive operations to flush out the insurgents who took over Mubi town about two weeks ago, National Mirror reports.

According to Mallam Bello Idi, a resident who fled Mubi as a result of the counter-offensive operations, scores of insurgents have been killed, while several others have surrendered.

“I saw as much as over sixty bodies on my way out of the town. What I witnessed was horrific; anybody still left in Mubi is in serious danger. Many of the insurgents themselves have been forced to retreat into the town from the outskirts as the military advance into the town,” Bello said.

He explained that several residents who still remained in town were prevented from leaving by the insurgents who had plans of using them as shield against the security agent’s heavy bombardment.

He added that several people have already been caught in the line of fire.

According to report, some of the fleeing insurgents attacked some villagers in Makira, on the outskirts of Mubi, killing two and setting ablaze the local church.

However, the villagers were said to have overpowered the insurgents, killing three.

The insurgents were also repelled by a combined team of mobile policemen and a detachment of soldiers stationed in Hong who responded quickly.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian military allegedly arrested a top military officer in Yola over his links with Boko Haram.

He is believed to be funding the insurgents as several billions of bank transactions to the sect was linked to him.

He is alleged to also be providing the sect with vital information about movement of arms and other tactical moves.

Source: NationalMirror

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by Leopantro: 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2014
Tales by moonlight

It's so bad that i don't believe a word from the military.

" leader of boko harem killed"

"All kidnap girls have been recovered"

" All kidnapped will be girls released soon"

"We have got them on the run"

Considering that most Nigerians are gullible, they keep telling lies and we swallow it all.

So fast to tell us that they have them on the run. Not so fast to tell us that a special helicopter had to move the family of the Chief of Defence Staff, Alex Badeh out of the town, abandoning the other residents of the town.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by lanxlot(m): 2:48pm On Nov 10, 2014
how long will this continue? I say all the villagers should be evacuated, and Attack these guys from the air. Well sef, any resident found within the village is not afraid of death. lanxlot 2014, page 1.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by zubby29(m): 3:01pm On Nov 10, 2014
i jst hope dis is real.God bless our military.i tink recruitment should b based on merit not on connection

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 10, 2014
I hope that the Army succeeds against Boko this time....and eventually drives them out of Mubi, and eventually on to Gwoza.

1 Like

Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by lanxlot(m): 3:11pm On Nov 10, 2014
zubby29:
i jst hope dis is real.God bless our military.i tink recruitment should b based on merit not on connection
I wan recruit u On connection nw, off to mubi
Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by Horus(m): 3:16pm On Nov 10, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuE6qNkSkc4

[size=15pt]Boko Haram Releases New Video On Captured Towns,
Shekau Seen Preaching To Locals[/size]

A new Boko Haram video obtained by AFP on Sunday shows militants on an armoured vehicle parading down a road in an unidentified town they apparently control and the group's leader Abubakar Shekau preaching to locals. In the 44-minute video, residents are also shown cheering the terrorists. In addition, Shekau is heard reiterating that there are no ongoing ceasefire talks with the government, and threatening to kill the man purported to be Boko Haram’s negotiator. He also expresses support for ISIS and other so-called caliphates, similar to the one he claims to have established in Nigeria. “To everyone living in Islamic Caliphate, we convey our greetings,” he said, specifically giving a shout out to “brethren” in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Azerbaijan, Shishan/Chechnya, Yemen, Somalia and “the Caliphate in Iraq and Syria.”

1 Like

Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by seankafor(m): 3:17pm On Nov 10, 2014
thank god am not from north neither am i living there

4 Likes

Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by gistmelove(m): 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2014
hmmm
Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by AJOT99(m): 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2014
Hmmm.....thick!
Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by VanTee20(m): 3:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
We don't want only scores of insurgents to be killed.

We want insurgency to stop.

Nigerian army should do the real thing and stop telling us lies.

2 Likes

Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
Army propaganda tongue

All lies tongue

5 Likes

Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by LMAyedun(m): 3:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
Okay
Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by blemon44(m): 3:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
Jonathan at work
God bless you sir
You will live to see the end of your tenure come 2019

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
[deleted]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
Nonsense. I want to see "Military recaptures Mubi" until then,if you like kill centuries of insurgents. sad

4 Likes

Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by Hemanwel(m): 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
God bless the Nigerian Army!

3 Likes

Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by tbaba1234: 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
Has Mubi been recaptured?? The article does not answer... It seems not

There is little importance to the story...

1 Like

Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by Ezedon(m): 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
These insurgents never want to surrender
Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by englishmart(m): 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
scores are killed on daily basis. Yet they don't get wiped out....

How many are they?

2 Likes

Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
Looooooool...who is lying to us, GEJ OR SHEKAU....

7 Likes

Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by LMAyedun(m): 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
They shuld pls sharap with the same fake news...
I wish the military all the best anyway.
Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by Oziddy: 3:32pm On Nov 10, 2014
They will keep dying till dey are all wiped away.
Re: Scores Of Insurgents Killed In Mubi By Soldiers by retepmurt(m): 3:32pm On Nov 10, 2014
the same story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku’s Wife Takes Campaign To Onitsha, Reveals Why Igbo Should Vote Her Husband / Photos: Boko Haram Video Shows Two Men Accused Of Spying Being Beheaded / Amira Junaid, President Buhari's Granddaughter (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.