Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED - Religion (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED (78029 Views)

Discussion / Tithe And The True Storehouse - Malachi 3:10 / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by chysam: 4:31pm On Nov 23, 2014
MarkMiwerds:
It is futile to argue with one who desires to walk in the desert of Sin as the Israelites did. Remember how they complained and were bitter even though God continued to bless them with food and water?

The fact is, those who are Christ's have been brought out of the valley of dry bones. They are now in the land of the living. The Law brought condemnation and death. Christ brought life and liberty.

Sadly, many would rather remain in bondage, looking unto the Law which brings death and condemnation instead of looking to the One who brings life and liberty.
Na wao for these pro-tithers. So late Abraham "is" also the Father of Jesus Christ biologically through Mary?. Some where in the book of Hebrew Paul said that whoever is still practising the religious activities and rituals of the law including tithing is worshipping something else and not Jesus Christ. Please any pro-tither who have not seen this Paul's instruction in the bible may ask me so I can educate him better.Surprisingly against Paul's advise,ignorant Christians uphold the judaism law of tithing beleiving they are serving Christ. No wonder one of the greatest minds ever to live on earth,Albert Einsten once said,"Two things are infinite in this world,(1) human stupidity and (2) the Universe.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by brocab: 1:10pm On Feb 09, 2015
Firstly I have never quoted Jesus asked the Pharisees to tithe.[quote author=chysam post=27343458][/quote]
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by brocab: 1:11pm On Feb 09, 2015
[quote author=chysam post=27343458][/qu
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by brocab: 1:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
Talk about twisting ones words.
You have twisted some of my words here I never mention Jesus asked the Pharisees to tithe.

Even in Matthew 23:23 You pay tithes of mint and anise and cumin, and in that scripture don't talk about money, Mint, anise and cumin were herbs in those days.

Wow" you will run me out of business, on my anti tithing quotes.

What a joke.
chysam:

Bros your write up is lenghty but I tried to see exactly how tithing in 21century has corrolation with judaism practices. You mentioned christ asking the Pharisees to tithe. Could you please tell us to which religion they belonged. Again bros,while christ was talking to the Pharisees,where were his followers at that same moment?.When he turned back to his followers,did he ask them just like the pharisees to tithe?. Please give us reason for any answer you may have. I think the best way to understand this tithe issue clearly is to find out if christianity and judaism existed side by side.To my mind,they did.Do you believe this sir?.I want to assume you do just like me. Now help us answer this question too." Since Judaism and Chrisianity existed simultaenously.where was tithing taking place and where was it not taking place and why?". If you have a counter opinion about the existence of these two groups at the same time,please let us know. However if you agree,then bros we will now look into the reasons why on one side some people were tithing and receiving it,while just nearby a different group disobeyed. It is only from this point of view that people can reason with each other clearly.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by brocab: 9:08pm On Feb 15, 2016
Quote> Jesus commandments/instructions comes from the Holy Spirit in the hearts of the believers and as far as I am concerned {You are concerned} tithing is one of those instructions.
Does this mean you tithe, like the rest who tithe, are you tithing monies, or are you tithing the way God had commanded His chosen people to tithe, back then?
I am glad it's only your concern, not the scriptures.
So when Jesus said He has given us authority to thread upon snakes and scorpoins. Did He mean literal snakes and scorpoins? No.

Because medicine can cure a few diseases does not mean sickness is no of the devil.

Just like there a real kings and princes in the physical world so also there are demonic princes and kings in the spiritual world.

Just like there are real serpents in the physical world so also there are demonic serpents in the spiritual world.

Just as there are real insects in the physical so also there are demonic insects in the spiritual. Unless God opens your eyes you will never know these things exist

Beelzebub is called Lord of the flies. And we all know flies are insects.There are demonic pests and diseases in the spiritual world.let no one fool you.

Because we are under a new covenant does not mean we shouldn't obey the instruction of the Holy Spirit which are laws written in the hearts of believers.

Even blessings can become a curse if you do not operate the covenant estblished in Christ Jesus from Abraham by Faith.

Most christians are oppressed by the devil because the follow the ways of the world and do not understand the ways of the Spirit.

If you follow the ways of nimrod as a christian then you become a slave to babylon but if you follow the ways of the Spirit then you becoe a slave to righteousness by Faith.

Jesus says if we love Him we shuld keep HIs commandments.The commandments here are not the 10 commandments but His teachings and sayings.The Holy Spirit is the teacher and the Helper.Jesus commandments/instructions comes from the Holy Spirit in the hearts of believers and as far as i am concerned tithing is one of those instruction.

He that despise instructions will definitely embrace affliction.There is no two ways about it for the scriptures cannot be broken.

Don't be deceived the devil also gives wealth but there is a wealth God can give that can outlast the wealth of this world and comes with peace and rest if only christians will only heed the instructions from the Holy Spirit.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by feeltee: 10:58am On Feb 17, 2016
Are you a God fearing keyboardist with excellent skills? Do you have the qualities a true praise/worshiper must possess? If yes, there shall be auditioning on February 25, 2016 at 75, Aina street, off Grammar School, Ojodu. Lagos.

Call or whatsapp Tayo on 08020752514 for more information.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Amyleb(f): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2016
Sir quote author=Goshen360 post=18707028]GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
11 Then, for your sake, I will stop insects from eating your crops. They will not destroy the produce of your land. The vines in your fields will not lose their unripened grapes,” says the Lord of Armies.

Good News Translation (GNT)
11 I will not let insects destroy your crops, and your grapevines will be loaded with grapes.

5. From this translations, devourer still = crops eating insects, not sickness, not demons, not poverty, not devil but insects that eats crops.

Are you still there? If you're there shout hallelujah!!! cheesy I will put everything together in the end o. Just follow the context and the exposition. cheesy[/quote] sir,let us be mindful of the way we interpret the word of God, I can see the way you emphasized on the "devourer"thing, why did you neglect the "bring in your tithe part". Remember that there's a standing curse in the bible for anyone who mislead the children of God. God loves you dear
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 12:21am On Feb 18, 2016
Amyleb:
Sir quote author=Goshen360 post=18707028]GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
11 Then, for your sake, I will stop insects from eating your crops. They will not destroy the produce of your land. The vines in your fields will not lose their unripened grapes,” says the Lord of Armies.

Good News Translation (GNT)
11 I will not let insects destroy your crops, and your grapevines will be loaded with grapes.

5. From this translations, devourer still = crops eating insects, not sickness, not demons, not poverty, not devil but insects that eats crops.

Are you still there? If you're there shout hallelujah!!! cheesy I will put everything together in the end o. Just follow the context and the exposition. cheesy sir,let us be mindful of the way we interpret the word of God, I can see the way you emphasized on the "devourer"thing, why did you neglect the "bring in your tithe part". Remember that there's a standing curse in the bible for anyone who mislead the children of God. God loves you dear

I do not misinterpret the word, the devourer is relatively connected to bring in your tithes. Study to show yourself approved unto God. The new testament never mentioned tithes to believers except giving from your heart.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Joshthefirst(m): 1:07am On Feb 18, 2016
Goshen360:

I do not misinterpret the word, the devourer is relatively connected to bring in your tithes. Study to show yourself approved unto God. The new testament never mentioned tithes to believers except giving from your heart.
Tithing was before the Law. It's a principle. Like sowing and reaping. God's got your back financially when you tithe. You stop moving around D in circles and you start moving upwards, and forwards
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 3:18am On Feb 18, 2016
Joshthefirst:
Tithing was before the Law. It's a principle. Like sowing and reaping. God's got your back financially when you tithe. You stop moving around D in circles and you start moving upwards, and forwards

The tithing that was before the law was an example of free will giving before the law was not in effect then. Also, every giving is always a % of one's income, be it 10% or 2% etc. The new testament never mentioned tithes to believers after the cross

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Joshthefirst(m): 7:03am On Feb 18, 2016
Goshen360:

The tithing that was before the law was an example of free will giving before the law was not in effect then. Also, every giving is always a % of one's income, be it 10% or 2% etc. The new testament never mentioned tithes to believers after the cross
No. That tithing was not an example of a freewill offering. It was specifically called a tithe by Paul in Hebrews.

Here it is.

Hebrews 7:6
But he whose descent is not counted from them received titheS of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

Note it was tithes, not even a tithe. Abraham may have given a tithe on more than one occasion.

And as for tithing never mentioned to believers in the new testament, read further down in the same passage to verse 8:

Hebrews 7:8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

If he lives, who received tithes from Abraham, what stops him from receiving tithes from us? The Seed of Abraham, Children of the most high God. What stops us from giving our tithes and receiving his blessings also?

See?

It happened before the old covenant, so it wasn't done away with the old covenant. It is an eternal principle in God's kingdom.

Try it and see God's blessings even more in your life brother.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Meel: 10:05am On Feb 18, 2016
To all tithers, pls if i want to start paying tithes, how do i pay it?
Is it according to the ways of the Jews? Or is dere any way the bible tells us to pay tithe
According to Mal 3:10 am suppose to bring all tithes to the house of the lord, i.e first portion of grains num 15:18-21., first fruit,first animal,
can i fulfill all laws in regard to tithe?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Meel: 10:08am On Feb 18, 2016
Is it according to the ways of the Jews? Or is dere any way the bible tells us to pay tithe
According to Mal 3:10 am suppose to bring all tithes to the house of the lord, i.e first portion of grains num 15:18-21., first fruit,first animal,
And also is a blessed because he pay tithe or God in his infinite mercy just blessed me cause am d person is his son?
Cc Joshthefirst, amyleb ....
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Joshthefirst(m): 10:21am On Feb 18, 2016
Meel:
And also is a blessed because he pay tithe or God in his infinite mercy just blessed me cause am d person is his son?
Cc Joshthefirst, amyleb ....
You're blessed in Christ of course. But there's also a blessing that comes with tithing. Start tithing today, and you'll see the additional blessing in your life.

And you tithe of your income. Of what you receive. Whether it's corn or a goat or money, just tithe, and you'll see the blessing in that regard.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Meel: 10:46am On Feb 18, 2016
Joshthefirst:
You're blessed in Christ of course. But there's also a blessing that comes with tithing. Start tithing today, and you'll see the additional blessing in your life.

And you tithe of your income. Of what you receive. Whether it's corn or a goat or money, just tithe, and you'll see the blessing in that regard.
sir i have practiced these and its workinng for me i.e giving. There is always a reward for giving. There is more blessing in giving than receviing.

You havent answered my question? How to i pay tithe is it according to ways of Jews or how.

I attended a church, and the pastor was explaining on how to tithe, he said we have tithe and tithe offering. Tithe offering is 5% of our tithe. The two must be intact.

So my question is how do i pay my tithe?
Is it from my, salary income, as a farmer do i pay tithe from my farm proceeds( am also a substitute farmer). From my little poultry dat i don't sell do i pay tithe there also.
Thanks
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Joshthefirst(m): 11:03am On Feb 18, 2016
Meel:
sir i have practiced these and its workinng for me i.e giving. There is always a reward for giving. There is more blessing in giving than receviing.

You havent answered my question? How to i pay tithe is it according to ways of Jews or how.

I attended a church, and the pastor was explaining on how to tithe, he said we have tithe and tithe offering. Tithe offering is 5% of our tithe. The two must be intact.

So my question is how do i pay my tithe?
Is it from my, salary income, as a farmer do i pay tithe from my farm proceeds( am also a substitute farmer). From my little poultry dat i don't sell do i pay tithe there also.
Thanks

Genesis 14:20 Blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand.” Abram gave him a tenth of all.

All in that passage signifying all that Abraham had acquired from the war. His income.

Give a tithe of all income you receive.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 1:08pm On Feb 20, 2016
Joshthefirst:

Genesis 14:20 Blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand.” Abram gave him a tenth of all.

All in that passage signifying all that Abraham had acquired from the war. His income.

Give a tithe of all income you receive.

Tithe payment in Christianity is the biggest scam in humanity, stop propagating fraud!

There is no single verse in the bible where Christians are commanded to pay tithe to God, Jesus Christ, pastor or church.

We are Christians not Abrahamians, Jesus did not give nor received tithes.
He started a new priesthood to replace the tithes supported useless Levitical priesthood.
We are members of Jesus priesthood, a priesthood without tithing, we can't pay Levitical tithe.
Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 5:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
Joshthefirst:
No. That tithing was not an example of a freewill offering. It was specifically called a tithe by Paul in Hebrews.

Here it is.

But he whose descent is not counted from them received titheS of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

Note it was tithes, not even a tithe. Abraham may have given a tithe on more than one occasion.

And as for tithing never mentioned to believers in the new testament, read further down in the same passage to verse 8:

Hebrews 7:8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

If he lives, who received tithes from Abraham, what stops him from receiving tithes from us? The Seed of Abraham, Children of the most high God. What stops us from giving our tithes and receiving his blessings also?

See?

It happened before the old covenant, so it wasn't done away with the old covenant. It is an eternal principle in God's kingdom.

Discussion for another day and time. However, I have tested the grace of God more than rules, regulations and laws, I'm blessed beyond measure without paying any tithes nor attributing my blessing to tithes.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 8:13pm On Feb 20, 2016
Goshen360:

Discussion for another day and time. However, I have tested the grace of God more than rules, regulations and laws, I'm blessed beyond measure without paying any tithes nor attributing my blessing to tithes.

The Bible says God satisfies His people with long life, and nothing shall by any means hurt His disciples,and that Jesus came so that His children have abundantl life. Are there non Christians with long and relatively comfortable lives? What does this say about God?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by brocab: 10:07pm On Feb 20, 2016
Hebrews 7:8 "And here men that DIE receive tithes, but there He receives them, of whom it is a witness that He lived.
It seems you haven't got the full understanding what this scripture is telling you, dead men receive tithes, but we are alive in Christ, we are His witnesses to prove He lived..Christ had already paid the price in full.
But if you aren't a born again Christian, then you need to pay your tithes because you are dead.
Joshthefirst:

Here it is.

See?

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Joshthefirst(m): 10:56am On Feb 21, 2016
christemmbassey:

Tithe payment in Christianity is the biggest scam in humanity, stop propagating fraud!

There is no single verse in the bible where Christians are commanded to pay tithe to God, Jesus Christ, pastor or church.

We are Christians not Abrahamians, Jesus did not give nor received tithes.
He started a new priesthood to replace the tithes supported useless Levitical priesthood.
We are members of Jesus priesthood, a priesthood without tithing, we can't pay Levitical tithe.
Remain blessed.
Jesus was called into priesthood after the order of Melchizedek. Melchizedek received tithes, Jesus receives tithes.

As Christians we are the seed of Abraham.

Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Pay your tithes, and see God's multiplied blessings in your life.

[b]
Hebrews 7
1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;

2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;

3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually. note

4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.
6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,

16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedecsmiley[/b]

Note the scriptures I've posted and refute them if you can. Don't just tell me what you think.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Joshthefirst(m): 10:59am On Feb 21, 2016
Goshen360:

Pay your tithes, and you'll notice the blessings of God even more.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Joshthefirst(m): 11:04am On Feb 21, 2016
brocab:
Hebrews 7:8 "And here men that DIE receive tithes, but there He receives them, of whom it is a witness that He lived.
It seems you haven't got the full understanding what this scripture is telling you, dead men receive tithes, but we are alive in Christ, we are His witnesses to prove He lived..Christ had already paid the price in full.
But if you aren't a born again Christian, then you need to pay your tithes because you are dead.
You're quoting scripture out of context.

Read the scriptures before verse 8 to realize that Paul was talking about humans, Levite's, who received tithes in Israel. Levite's received tithes, and they were mortal men, but Melchizedek received tithes, of whom it is witnessed that he lives.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 5:39pm On Feb 21, 2016
Joshthefirst:
Pay your tithes, and you'll notice the blessings of God even more.

The blessings of God that I know of after the cross and by the Grace of God does not depend on tithe paying. I'm blessed because of the finished work of Christ. ....pay your tithes my foot... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Joshthefirst(m): 12:11am On Feb 22, 2016
Goshen360:

The blessings of God that I know of after the cross and by the Grace of God does not depend on tithe paying. I'm blessed because of the finished work of Christ. ....pay your tithes my foot... grin grin grin
And there is a blessing in tithe paying and seed sowing.

If you're not interested, fine, but don't slander the blessing of God and stop other brethren from tapping into it.

If you no wan chop tithe blessing allow other people chop am na. Nawa oo.

How can you refuse to enter the good door and still do your best to stop others from entering too? That's devilish.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 12:20am On Feb 22, 2016
Joshthefirst:
Jesus was called into priesthood after the order of Melchizedek. Melchizedek received tithes, Jesus receives tithes.

As Christians we are the seed of Abraham.

Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Pay your tithes, and see God's multiplied blessings in your life.

[b]
Hebrews 7
1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;

2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;

3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually. note

4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.
6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,

16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedecsmiley[/b]

Note the scriptures I've posted and refute them if you can. Don't just tell me what you think.
Story! story!!story!!! You are a BIG LIAR!
Tithe was meant for the levitical priests, Jesus could not receive tithe bc He was NOT A LEVITICAL PRIEST.

1. Did Israel pay tithe for 400 years in Egypt?
2. During 40 years in the wilderness, did they pay tithe?
3. Abraham gave a tenth of the war spoils on the road, how does this translate to my monthly salaries?
4. Do they pay tithes today in Israel?
5. Where can we see 'A LEVITE' in Nigeria to give our tithes to ?
6. Why did God command Israel to give tithes ti the Levite instead of allowing them to follow Abraham one - orr gesture to Melchizedeck?
7. During Jacobs sojourn in Laban, his uncle 's house, did he pay tithes and to whom?
8. Did Peter, John, Paul and other apostles receive tithes?
9. When did God change His tithes from herbs and herds to wages and salaries?
10, When did God start collecting tithes from widows, orphans strangers and the poor? not to talk of prostitutes, thieves, ritualists, spiritists, gay/lesbians, satanists, fraudsters etc?

I don't have to pay tithe to receive anything from my father, God. bc, Christ paid all.
Today I enjoy everything by the Grace of my Lord, Jesus.
As a father, I pay my children's fees and other provisions from God's blessings, they do not need to pay anything to me to make me carry out my responsibilities towards them.
Its a pity, ur god needs naira b4 he can bless you.
I Am sure, we are not worshipping the same God, bc mine doesn't need bribe to bless me.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 12:28am On Feb 22, 2016
Joshthefirst:
And there is a blessing in tithe paying and seed sowing.

If you're not interested, fine, but don't slander the blessing of God and stop other brethren from tapping into it.

If you no wan chop tithe blessing allow other people chop am na. Nawa oo.

How can you refuse to enter the good door and still do your best to stop others from entering too? That's devilish.
The fraudulent tithe and sowing of seeds turn God to a trader, stop this, God is not a trader, He doesn't sell blessings. GOD DOES NOT NEED MONEY! What is so difficult to understand here?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Joshthefirst(m): 12:41am On Feb 22, 2016
christemmbassey:
Story! story!!story!!! You are a BIG LIAR!
Tithe was meant for the levitical priests, Jesus could not receive tithe bc He was NOT A LEVITICAL PRIEST.

1. Did Israel pay tithe for 400 years in Egypt?
2. During 40 years in the wilderness, did they pay tithe?
3. Abraham gave a tenth of the war spoils on the road, how does this translate to my monthly salaries?
4. Do they pay tithes today in Israel?
5. Where can we see 'A LEVITE' in Nigeria to give our tithes to ?
6. Why did God command Israel to give tithes ti the Levite instead of allowing them to follow Abraham one - orr gesture to Melchizedeck?
7. During Jacobs sojourn in Laban, his uncle 's house, did he pay tithes and to whom?
8. Did Peter, John, Paul and other apostles receive tithes?
9. When did God change His tithes from herbs and herds to wages and salaries?
10, When did God start collecting tithes from widows, orphans strangers and the poor? not to talk of prostitutes, thieves, ritualists, spiritists, gay/lesbians, satanists, fraudsters etc?

I don't have to pay tithe to receive anything from my father, God. bc, Christ paid all.
Today I enjoy everything by the Grace of my Lord, Jesus.
As a father, I pay my children's fees and other provisions from God's blessings, they do not need to pay anything to me to make me carry out my responsibilities towards them.
Its a pity, ur god needs naira b4 he can bless you.
I Am sure, we are not worshipping the same God, bc mine doesn't need bribe to bless me.

Notice you didn't address my points with scripture of your own, but simply ranted nonsense and called me a liar.

I'll only say three things and give you some advice after that until you can come up with formal scriptural defense against me:

With regards to number 10;

1. God collected more than tithe from the poor widow in the new testament. He collected everything she had.

[b]Mark 12
42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. note

43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.
^^^^^
Scripture didn't say Jesus told the woman to return it, scripture gives the notion that he praised the woman's sacrificial giving.

2. Elijah demanded for more than 10% from the widow of zarephath. He took the last meal of herself and her son.

[b]
1 Kings 17
12 And she said, As the LORD thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die.

13 And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son.

Note that these are cases of poor widows. But they didn't find the call to give their all an insult to or from God. They were willing and they were blessed.

My advice to you is to give your tithes and stop withholding blessings from yourself and your family. Your words show me you're a man who doesn't know how to apply the principle of giving in his life.

Edited
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Joshthefirst(m): 12:44am On Feb 22, 2016
christemmbassey:
The fraudulent tithe and sowing of seeds turn God to a trader, stop this, God is not a trader, He doesn't sell blessings. GOD DOES NOT NEED MONEY! What is so difficult to understand here?
Stop talking like an ignorant man. There is a reason God even asked the Israelites to pay tithes. Did he want to invest their tithes in making other universes then? Go read it up please. Mtchew
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by brocab: 1:30am On Feb 22, 2016
You have used the scripture Mark 12:42-43 "Which one of the two Jesus had said, will be remembered, of coarse the Lady who paid all what she had, the two mites.
This is given, not tithing, tithing was the law giving to farmers who obeyed God's law, filling the lands, shocks crops, and merchandise with rain and nourishments given them a yearly intake of a 23% of their best first fruit products yearly to the Levites as God had commanded them to do, some of the tithes were 3 years apart.
Then of course the Levites would give 10% of their tithe of food products to Aaron the high priest.
Tithing had nothing to do with money back then, nor does it have anything to with money today.
So you using this scripture as a good example you are walking up the wrong path. Tithing these days is not scriptural, and if you were tithing the way God had made tithing to be, which you aren't, then you are well and truly out of date.
2 John 1:10 "If anyone comes to your house and brings another doctrine, don't let him in.
Joshthefirst:
Notice you didn't address my points with scripture of your own, but simply ranted nonsense and called me a liar.

I'll only say three things and give you some advice after that until you can come up with formal scriptural defense against me:

1. God collected more than tithe from the poor widow in the new testament. He collected everything she had.

[b]Mark 12
42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. note

43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.
^^^^^
Scripture didn't say Jesus told the woman to return it, scripture gives the notion that he praised the woman's sacrificial giving.

2. Elijah demanded for more than 10% from the widow of zarephath. He took the last meal of herself and her son.

[b]
1 Kings 17
12 And she said, As the LORD thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die.

13 And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son.

Note that these are cases of poor widows. But they didn't find the call to give their all an insult to or from God. They were willing and they were blessed.

My advice to you is to give your tithes and stop withholding blessings from yourself and your family. Your words show me you're a man who doesn't know how to apply the principle of giving in his life.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by surveymarket: 2:57am On Feb 22, 2016
No argument, you got it right but you missed one thing, that is whether insects or whatever that can harm your productivity in whatever form is not of God. Tithe payment actually is not by force in after the death of Christ. Is only giving that is good and that I think all Christians should be involved in..so what I my saying? I am not saying people should not pay tithe, but it should be seeing as a form of giving that will surely bring an 100fold harvest.
Tithing is not mandatory most Pastors use it to enrich themselves nothing more. But if anyone claimed that is mandatory ask him that what about other sacrifices that God Himself instructed the Children of Israel to observe.. You cannot leave the rest then just pick only one "Tithing" that will make you rich "Love of money(Spirit of mammon)" not Love of God
Tithing is good continue do not stop but should be seeing as Giving not mandatory
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Ken4Christ: 2:59am On Feb 22, 2016
The principle of tithing is commonsense. No one should discourage it. We should even give more as New Testament saints that has the grace of God working in our lives. The reason our Lord Jesus did not emphasize tithing in the New Testament is because; it does not measure up with his revelation of giving he taught. Tithe is 10% by definition but Jesus wants you to even give much more than that. In other words, our Lord Jesus could not have discouraged tithing; rather he demands a much bigger sacrifice from the New Testament saints. So, if the Old Testament saints could give 10% of their increase whether in goods or monetary value, the New Testament saints should give much more. We should be giving 20%, 50% and even 90% of your income according to the measure of grace upon your life. I have given up to 50% of my income on few occasions. I do not limit myself to 10%. You can never outgive God.

Let me buttress my points that the New Testament revelation on giving demands more sacrifice from us. Jesus said in Luke 12:33, “Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth”[/i]. This is a much greater demand than tithing. Jesus says, we should sell what we have and give to the poor. That includes your LCD, your Car and even your House. How many of us can easily do that? To prove to us that he was not joking with words, he gave this same instruction to a young rich ruler. Hear the conversation;

“And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God. Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother. And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth. Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me. And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions. (Mark 10:17-22)[i]
. You never really lose when you give this way. Rather, it opens more door of favour as Jesus later explained to his disciples after the rich man walked away; “ And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.” (Mark 10:29-30)
Well you may want to argue that the emphasis of Jesus here is to help the poor. If Jesus wants us to give this much to help the poor, do you think he will demand less from us in supporting ministers and ministry work? Jesus is the head of the universal church and he is also concerned about his churches. At the time Jesus walked on earth, the church ministry has not started; otherwise, he would have given a similar instruction. Apostle Paul taught so much about giving even though he did not emphasize tithing. But the manner and way he admonished us to give makes tithing the least standard expected of us. Anything less than tithe amounts to giving sparingly. “…He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.” (2 Corinthians 9:6-7)

However, a few of his teachings about how ministers should be treated reveals he wants those who receive spiritual instruction to minister to the needs of those who brings the gospel to them. Hence, he told his disciples that as they go out to minister, they should not take spare clothes or even carry pocket money. He concluded by saying that a labourer is worthy of his wages - Matt 10:1-10.
We should not also forget about his encounter with the woman that poured alabaster oil on the head of Jesus. According to the scripture, it was a very costly perfume that even Judas who betrayed him suggested that the perfume should be sold and the money given to the poor. What was Jesus response; “ When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me. For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always. For in that she hath poured this ointment on my body, she did it for my burial. Verily I say unto you, wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.” (Matt. 26:10-13)

This confirms my initial assertion that our Lord Jesus will not be more concerned about the poor than his servants who preach the gospel. If he demands that we should liquidate our goods and give to the poor, he would also have said we should give good support to his servants who preach the gospel. And he actually says so though the letters Paul wrote to the churches.

Well, I know one of the reasons quite a few people are against tithing is because of the affluent life some servants of God live. So, why should the church give to a man who is already very rich and most members of the church are languishing in abject poverty? The hard truth you may not believe is this; the tithe you give to servants of God or to ministries is not what makes them rich. What makes any man of God rich is what he does with the money or income that comes to him. No matter how much tithe the members give, if the Pastor himself is not a giver, he will not be rich. So, the tithe you give makes you rich and not the servant of God. Of course, the tithes will be a blessing to the Pastor or ministry at that time, but if the Pastor does not release part of that money either as tithe or seed offering to other ministry or ministers as he is led by the Spirit of God, he will not enjoy durable riches. If you go through records of most of the wealthy ministers in this country, you will find out that they themselves are bountiful givers. That is how it works. When you give, you will receive much more in return.

So, if you discourage people not to pay their tithe, you are programming their life for poverty. Instead, believers should be encouraged to give much more than 10% of their increase.

Concerning Malachi 3:10-11; yes the devourer the verse talks about are pest that could destroy the fruit of the ground. This is commonsense application to the days we are living in. To devour simply means to consume something rapidly. If the Jews did not pay their tithe, the fruit of the ground could be consumed away speedily by pests. To everything that happens in the physical, there is a spiritual undertone. When you also refuse to pay tithe of your increase, things will happen in such a manner that you find it difficult to explain how your money was expended. It can happen in many ways. Sudden illnesses could attack you or your kids that will make you spend money in the hospital you never budgeted for. Your car can just have an accident that will make you incur cost you did not budget for. So, please, do not say ministers are using the scripture wrongly. It is implied. If you don’t believe in tithing, keep your money but don’t discourage those who do. Otherwise, you might put yourself in danger of eternal damnation by turning people away from the truth.

Yes, the Law of Moses has been abolished but the moral value it teaches is still upheld. The Law of Moses commanded the Jews to love; the New Testament teaches the same. The Law of Moses condemns the act of adultery, so also is the New Testament. The only thing the New Testament saints are not supposed to be subjected to are dos and don’ts of the law that has to do with carnal ordinances. Hence Paul said, “Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (Touch not; taste not; handle not; Which all are to perish with the usingwink after the commandments and doctrines of men? Which things have indeed a show of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.“ (Colossians 2:20-23)

The grace that came with the gospel of our Lord Jesus did not water down God’s demand of rightousness. Rather, it deepens it in all dimensions. That was why Jesus says, anyone who looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery. But under the Old Testament, you have to be caught in the act before it can be counted as a sin against you.

If you already paying tithe, please continue or even increase the percentage of what you give. The spiritual blessings you receive are much more than the money you give. If you end up in hell, there is no amount of money you can use to bribe Satan to release you. God himself is a giver and we have been called to live a life of giving. Even if you don’t want to call it tithe, give something that is even bigger than tithe from your income or increase. It should not be less.

If you still insist it is old testament instruction, then practice the one Jesus gave in the New Testament; “ Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also” (Luke 12:33-24). After all, the early church practiced it. “And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.” Acts 2:55-45.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Reacts To Sex Scandal: "I'm Tough, Can't Bring Me Down" / Isaac, Bishop Oyedepo's Son, Resigns From Living Faith Church / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.