Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? (6897 Views)

Evidence That Allah Is Satan: From The Words Of Muhammad / Is Satan Really Black? / Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by ajia23(m): 8:16am On Jun 09, 2006
In the Quran, Satan is accused of arrogance. That seems to be his main crime.
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by mrmayor(m): 8:27am On Jun 09, 2006
Another side of the Satan story,

http://www.skepdic.com/satan.html

Enjoy
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Reverend(m): 8:27am On Jun 09, 2006
ajia23:

In the Quran, Satan is accused of arrogance. That seems to be his main crime.

It says in the Bible that those of us without sin should cast the first stone. I don't think there is anybody that can throw that stone at Satan. Not even God!

As for the Quran, Mohamed was an alcoholic womanizer living in a cave. He had nine wives, the youngest being six years old when he married her and nine when he had sex with her. I find it really funny that such a guy could call Satan arrogant grin grin grin

But nobody said that this is a fair World that we live in. It seems that rules and regulations on what we should and what we should not do are only valid for certain people lipsrsealed
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Reverend(m): 8:30am On Jun 09, 2006
mrmayor:

Another side of the Satan story,

http://www.skepdic.com/satan.html

Enjoy

Good article to read!
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by mamaput(f): 8:43am On Jun 09, 2006
What i know about Satan is that Lucifer was an Angle of God and God loved him above all angles but then there was a war because he turned against god. He lost and was banned.
Its all about a fight for souls i hear.
We all know the book of job for example.
Thinking of it is he that bad or is it all about being faithful to god.
Then God said there shall be no other god but him and only him shall we worship,
I believe in God , i believe that there is a Satan, and i believe in evil spirits.
But is it satan that tells people to do bad or do we put the blame on him?
maybe we make him happy when we do bad because then he gets our soul.
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Obelomo: 8:52am On Jun 09, 2006
Reverend na wa for u! You are a reverend of Satan and u need serious deliverance.
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by mrmayor(m): 9:13am On Jun 09, 2006
People,
For generations we have believed what all religious books have told us without question.
In the beginning God being all KNOWING why did he create Satan if he knew that Satan would rebel against him?or maybe he didn't know!
Why punish Adam and eve for disobedience since he knew they would be tempted by Satan and they would fall?
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by DaHitler(m): 9:15am On Jun 09, 2006
mrmayor, it seems to me that God (if such a creature exists), as defined by Christianity and Islam, is just looking for excuses to punish us.

And now that you mention Adam and Eve, a religious scholar once told me that the reason why women get periods is a form of punishment for tempting Adam to eat the forbidden fruit. With that in mind, how does this explain why female dogs (and many other animals, I am sure) have periods as-well? Something is not adding up here.
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by moladun(f): 9:20am On Jun 09, 2006
afeni, u dont believes theres are god or wats, for me i think satan is bad man o, all the bad things that are happens in this world, it are the works of that satans oo
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by DaHitler(m): 9:26am On Jun 09, 2006
moladun, I don't believe there is sufficient evidence to come up with a definite conclusion on whether or not God exists. And just in case you are going to use the "If something exists, someone had to have made it" argument, I will counter that with "in that case, someone had to had made that which made this world, and before that, someone had to had made the one that made the one that made this world". So, as you can see, we will basically end up going to infinity trying to find out who the original creator is.
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by moladun(f): 9:31am On Jun 09, 2006
yes, thats true, i always argued with people but they dont always answer me, do u goes to church
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Rhodalyn(f): 9:32am On Jun 09, 2006
I do not go to church but i believe in God undecided
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by DaHitler(m): 9:34am On Jun 09, 2006
No, I don't go to church.
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by moladun(f): 9:45am On Jun 09, 2006
fery good, but hopes u prays everydays,
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by DaHitler(m): 9:46am On Jun 09, 2006
Pray to what? And what for?
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by moladun(f): 9:49am On Jun 09, 2006
are u an, wat they call that kini o, hmm and one oyibo tell me o, i ave forget it, ok.i remeberd now./, aethist
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by DaHitler(m): 9:50am On Jun 09, 2006
No, I am not an atheist. I am an agnostic.

Atheist don't believe in God. I, on the other hand, am not sure if there is a God or not.
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Rhodalyn(f): 9:51am On Jun 09, 2006
Same here lipsrsealed
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Reverend(m): 11:17am On Jun 09, 2006
Most of the people that say they believe in God seem to do so out of the fear of the consequences they will suffer if they are seen to question his existence! (They are not sure whether he exists, but prefer to stay on the right side of him just in case (he appears one day). In gambling that is called hedging your bets)

In the back of many people minds is the question does God exist?', but they feel that if they ask the question or openly discuss it, they might just find themselves turned back at the pearly gates and get themselves sent to hell (if it exists)

The sad fact is that we are not living our lives based on our convictions or love for your God, but out of fear of what may happen to us if the invisible man story is proven to be true! It is a kind of mental enslavement in reality which leads to problems sad

Satan is an interesting character in the mythological book of tales and fables we call the Bible. I am sure that he was invented as a scapegoat to place the blame on for the evil doings of man, and is an extremely easy person to blame when the God camp supporters made or make a mistake!

i.e. "Look all of our crops have died and we are going to starve", "Why did God not bring us good weather?" , " He did bring us good weather, but the Devil made it rain"

It is interesting that we are told that God loves us, but if we sin then he will send us down to burn in hell!
But God is ever forgiving! he will forgive you your sins, so why should we be afraid of going to hell when we die? Surely if he loves us as much as we are told, he would never send us to such a bad place (if it exists)

We will all go to heaven (if it exists) and if you are a Muslim with a very active imagination, you are also going to get quite a few erotic virgins when your time is nigh! wink

It is all very confusing undecided
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:18am On Jun 09, 2006
Most of the people that say they believe in God seem to do so out of the fear of the consequences they will suffer if they are seen to question his existence
U're right bout that Rev
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by jaybaby(f): 11:36am On Jun 09, 2006
@ reverend, exu and afeni- all i can say is- THIS IS RAPTURE- & THIS ARE THE DECENDANTS OF SATAN!
XTIANS KIP OFF!
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Reverend(m): 11:39am On Jun 09, 2006
jaybaby:

@ reverend, exu and afeni- all i can say is- THIS IS RAPTURE- & THIS ARE THE DECENDANTS OF SATAN!
XTIANS KIP OFF!

This just goes to prove my point that Satan is being blamed again.

@Jaybaby

If we are descendent's of Satan (if he is real) that would also make you the very same!

I have noticed that you spell Satan correctly whereby you have used 'Xtians' to shorten the word Christians. Does that mean that you have more respect for Satan than Christians?

Now that is a worrying sign!

Hope you sleep well tonight shocked
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by exu(m): 12:38pm On Jun 09, 2006
Whilst holidaying in the States an old man once told me: "The white man is the devil".

As a satanic being myself I do believe it necessary to promote oyinbo language (good English).

As a result I will take the time out to correct your needless errors.
So:
THIS IS RAPTURE- & THIS ARE THE DECENDANTS OF SATAN!

The above should read:

This is the rapture. These are the descendants of Satan!

See how much better that is?

Have a nice day.

Satan be with you.
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by ajia23(m): 12:51pm On Jun 09, 2006
Mrmayor

People,
For generations we have believed what all religious books have told us without question.
In the beginning God being all KNOWING why did he create Satan if he knew that Satan would rebel against him?or maybe he didn't know!
Why punish Adam and eve for disobedience since he knew they would be tempted by Satan and they would fall?

Well the answer to that is very simple from the Islamic point of view. God was going to create man, and He told the angels, I will create a vicegerent on earth. He then creates him and puts him in Heaven. He allowed the devil to mislead man so that His original design that man lived on earth is achieved. However, He needed to show man that he actually has a free will to choose whether Heaven is worth it, or he'd rather go to hell, that's why He didn't just make him and put man on earth. It is the same rule that applies on earth, you can choose to be either evil or good depending on what principally defines you as a person whether it's your environment or subjectiive experiences.

As for Satan, in the Quran, the reason he was ordered to earth is because he refused to bow down to Adam (ASW) not because he led some hosts to fight with God as in the account of the bible.
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Reverend(m): 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2006
@ Ajia23

It seems everybody has a different argument or theory of why Satan was banished to Earth. But nobody can really explain what he did that was so bad!
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by ajia23(m): 2:35pm On Jun 09, 2006
I said it before - disobedience of God's command to bow to Adam, borne out of arrogance that he (satan) was superior to Adam who was created from clay.
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by mrmayor(m): 3:06pm On Jun 09, 2006
ajia23:

Mrmayor

Well the answer to that is very simple from the Islamic point of view. God was going to create man, and He told the angels, I will create a vicegerent on earth. He then creates him and puts him in Heaven. He allowed the devil to mislead man so that His original design that man lived on earth is achieved. However, He needed to show man that he actually has a free will to choose whether Heaven is worth it, or he'd rather go to hell, that's why He didn't just make him and put man on earth. It is the same rule that applies on earth, you can choose to be either evil or good depending on what principally defines you as a person whether it's your environment or subjectiive experiences.

As for Satan, in the Quran, the reason he was ordered to earth is because he refused to bow down to Adam (ASW) not because he led some hosts to fight with God as in the account of the bible.
@ajia23

I'm still waiting for my answer
Why did God create Satan if he knew that this Satan would rebel,it makes no difference if its bowing to God himself or Adam?
I can't blame my laptop about grammatical ERRORS I post on the net  if its the product of my intellect and it appears as intended( WYSIWYG) this means am in control but if it appears as NOT intended or planned then it means that I'm all knowing
God being all knowing allowed HITLER,STALIN,LENIN,IDI AMIN,SANI ABACHA allowed these people to conceived? WHY
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by jaybaby(f): 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2006
Exu- i believe anyway it's been written u got ma message! May the Lord Jesus Christ Forgive u

Rev- i’m so very sure that u & the rest of ur CREW needs Surgical peration angry angry angry
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by jaybaby(f): 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2006
u guyz need a Brain surgeon 'Rev-Afeni-Exu sad sad sad sad
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by mrmayor(m): 5:23pm On Jun 09, 2006
jaybaby:

u guys need a Brain surgeon 'Rev-Afeni-Exu sad sad sad sad

@jaybaby,
please use the SPELL CHECKER when posting,its there for a reason

Cheers
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Reverend(m): 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2006
@ Jaybaby

Maybe you are blaming Satan for making you illiterate and unable to spell even the simplest of words?

If you are posting here to funnel abuse at certain contributors of this thread then I would suggest you stop.

If you have something constructive to say then you are welcome!
Re: Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? by Efani(m): 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2006
is anyone else as creeped out about this as i am
cuz this is pretty crazy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheists: What Are Your Views On Miracles? / Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? / Read This & Claim Atheism!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.