Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Scam Alert!! World Foundation For Human Right - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scam Alert!! World Foundation For Human Right (2142 Views)

Biafra: Human Right Coalition Warns Military Chiefs / Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo / Osinbajo Meets Chalker Foundation For Africa Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Alert!! World Foundation For Human Right by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 10, 2013
I am not sure where to post this!

I got an email this afternoon inviting me for a conference in the USA, at first I thought it was from one of those academic sites I registered with for stat/general academic conferences.

After going through the mail, I click on a link in the mail and it took me a University site in the USA, which kind of douse my suspicion. I then responded to the email asking for more information.

Behold I got the response below which actually prompted me to take a second look at the the organization's site. I tried cross checking the site in ww.Whois.net but found no matching sites. I then googled the name of the organization but got World Foundation for Human Right Organization and to my greatest surprise the pictures on WFHRO site(http://wfhrorg.webs.com/) was what I found on the site ( the conference organizer ) but of poor quality.

I am just trying to inform everyone out there to be on the alert.

??

DEAR PARTICIPANT,

You are welcome to participate in this International conference, which will be held (November 19th-22nd 2013), Austin Texas City U.S.A, and from (November 26th-30th 2013) Dakar Senegal, West Africa.

You may take the opportunity to participate in this International conference; the theme of the forth coming International Conferences is to equip participants with the strategies and policies to fight against Global Crisis and Social Welfare. These events are being Organized and sponsored by the World Foundation for Human Rights Organization (W.F.H.R.O) in collaboration with other benevolent organizations in the United States of America.

The Interested participant for the forth coming International Conference is to send the following information’s ASAP and the scan copy of international passport via email: (infodesk.secretary@aim.com)

• Names Exactly as in passport:
• Passport Number:
• Date of Birth:
• Place of Birth:
• Country of Residence:
• Country Dialing Code:
• Marital Status :
• Phone Contact :
• Postal Address :
• Scan Copy of International Passport:

Any group representing a country or organization should not be less than two (2) or more than seven (7) persons to participate together as a group to represent their Country or organization in the forth coming events. None of them should be less than eighteen (18) years of age and delegates must participate in both countries events and there are translators at the conference venue to translate for those who don’t spanks English.

Note and Very Important, It is not necessary that one must belong to an organization to be eligible to attend this events, the interested participants can also participate as an individual if he or she is not capable to form a group to represent a country or organization, all registered delegate are to attend the both conference for they are of two different topics which is GLOBAL CRISIS AND SOCIAL WELFARE.

Note again that, delegates will only be responsible for their own hotel booking in Dakar Senegal Africa where the second phase of the event will be held, which is to prove that delegates will attend the both phases of the conference. Delegate that have a valid visa to the United State, still need to be registered for the conference purpose, all registered participants are entitled to air roundtrip tickets for both countries of the events, meals and accommodation which will be provided during participants stay in the U.S.A.

HOTEL ACCOMMODATION INFORMATION:

Participants are advice to contact the hotel management to make their hotel booking, because immediately after participant’s registration for the conference meetings, the hotel booking confirmation receipt will be needed to confirm that participants have secure their accommodation in Dakar Senegal before we send confirmation of documents for participation.

HOTEL ACCOMMODATION:

Ahmedu Hassan Hotel
E-mail: hotelbooking.office@googlemail.com
Tel: +221-774618772

For any further information regarding the conference meetings, do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours Sincerely,
Prof. Nicolas Diego
Tel: +1 (512) 4288737
Email: infodesk.secretary@aim.com,
(Conference Secretariat)
World Foundation for Human Rights Organization
Texas City U.S.A

NB: Please anyone out there with time could also cross check to be sure I am not just crying wolf where there is none. Thanks.
Re: Scam Alert!! World Foundation For Human Right by mirabilisjalapa: 6:23am On Oct 12, 2013
This is scam of the highest order. You could notice from the incoherent grammar as been paraded in their E-mail. Reasons:

There is nothing like - Ahmedu Hassan Hotel in Senegal-Scam
You are attending a World Conference in the US but you would first book for hotel in Senegal-Scam
They have duped one Jessica Dickson before
Senegalese dialing code is used by fraudsters to dupe unsuspecting victims.

Google this all up. You would know more. I got the mail too but as a topmost scientific researcher I have researched a lot on this and I discovered it's a scam afterall. Help yourself to help others. Ire ni o!
Re: Scam Alert!! World Foundation For Human Right by geminickss: 10:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
its a pure scam, the grammatical errors were just too much..........thanks for d info,,,i also got the msg.....
Re: Scam Alert!! World Foundation For Human Right by mamboviewpoint: 11:11am On Nov 05, 2015
We got a similar mail:

Dear Sir/Madam

Warm greetings from International Social Human Rights Foundation! We are organizing one week conference meeting on "Sustainable Corruption Prevention & Environment Protection” from February 22nd to 27th, 2016 @ Ontario Convention Center - Ontario City, California USA. We take the pleasure of inviting you to attend the conference meeting. The conference meeting will contain various talks and mini workshops related to the issues of Challenges to Corruption & Environment Protection in our society.

The sponsors of the event will cover the cost of your round-trip air tickets from your country to the United States and back to your country for the one week conference meeting and we shall provide assistance for your visa arrangement with the U.S Embassy in your country, and your ground transportation from the airport to the conference venue. The hotel accommodation booking costs will be your own responsibility. Please contact the conference secretariat office for more information and registration for participation:[ishrf.infooffice@aim.com],

Looking forward to your honorable presence,

Thanks and Regards
Dr. Susan Jackson
Program Assistant

(1) (Reply)

Imo APC Disowns Okorocha / Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter / Jonathan's Support For TB Joshua Could Widen Diplomatic Rift With SA-Reuters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.