Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Comparing Jesus And Muhammed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comparing Jesus And Muhammed (1819 Views)

Help!!! I Am A Muslim. There Is No God But Allah And Muhammed Is His Messenger. / Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? / Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by realtem(m): 9:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
i want to refute all these nonsense, such as the claim that Muhammad and Jesus preached a morally equivalent message or that all religion is the same.

"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them." "Allah" (Qur'an 8:12)

"Fight everyone in the way of Allah and kill those who disbelieve in Allah." Muhammad (Ibn Ishaq 992)

"Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." Jesus (Matthew 5:14)

Even though many Muslims regard
terrorists who kill in the name of Allah
as criminals, they cannot deny that
Muhammad also killed in the name of
Allah. What example of Jesus do Christians emulate which has them
confused them with terrorists and
criminals?

Difference between Muhammed and Jesus:

Muhammad... Said Allah hates those who don't accept Islam. (Qur'an 30:45, 3:32, 22:38) Jesus..... Said God loves everyone. (John 3:16)

Muhammad said "I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah" (Muslim 1:33)
Jesus said "He who lives by the sword will die by the sword." (Matthew 26:52)

Muhammad Stoned women for adultery. (Muslim 4206)
Jesus said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." (John 8:7)

Muhammad Owned and traded slaves. (Sahih Muslim 3901)
Jesus Neither owned nor traded slaves.

Quran said "If then anyone transgresses the prohibition against you, Transgress ye likewise against him" (Qur'an 2:194)
Jesus said "If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Matthew 5:39)

Muhammad said Jihad in the way of Allah elevates one's position in Paradise by a hundred fold. (Muslim 4645)
Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God" (Matthew 5:9)

Quran said "O you who believe! Fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness." (Qur'an 9:123)
Jesus said "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth." (Matthew 5:5)

Quran said "And fight them until there is no more persecution and religion is only for Allah" (Qur'an 8:39)
Jesus said "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" (Matthew 5:44)

Muhammad Demanded the protection of armed bodyguards, even in a house of worship (Qur'an 4:102)
Jesus Chastised anyone attempting to defend him with force. (John 18:10-12)

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN EARLY MUSLIMS AND EARLY CHRISTAINS:::

Muhammad's Companions...Lived as warriors.
Jesus' disciples....Lived like harmless hippies.

Muhammad's companions Slew and persecuted religious minorities.
Jesus' disciples Were slain and persecuted as a religious minority.

Muhammad's companions Emphasis on Jihad (the way of Muhammad) "He who fights that Allah's word should be superior fights in Allah's cause" (Bukhari 53:355)
Jesus' disciples Emphasis on Evangelism (the way of Jesus) "Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature" (Matthew 15:16)

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN ISLAMIC TEACHING AND CHRISTIANITY:::

islam: must know Arabic in order to "fully understand" the Qur'an (according to Muslim apologists)
christianity: Universal. Can be translated into other languages without excessive commentary.

Islam: Kill, convert or subjugate Christians and Jews. (Qur'an 9:29)
christianity: Share one's faith with gentleness and respect. (1 Peter 3:15)

islam: Killing Apostates "They but wish that ye should reject
Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them" (Qur'an 4:89, also Bukhari 52:260, 83:37...)
christianity: Letting God Judge Apostates "For we know Him that has said, 'Vengeance belongs unto me, I will recompense,' says the Lord. And again, 'The Lord shall judge his people'" (Hebrews 10:25-30)

islam: The Qur'an explicitly instructs men to beat disobedient wives. (Qur'an 4:34, Sahih Muslim 2127)
christianity: "Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them." (No permission to beat women) (Colossians 3:19)

islam: Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those who are with him are ruthless to the unbelievers" (Qur'an 48:29)
christianity: "Do good to them that hate you" (Luke 6:27)
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by F00028: 9:38pm On Oct 10, 2013
undecided typical christian evangelism

Jesus:
-those who follow him must HATE their
fathers, HATE their mothers, HATE their wives
and HATE their children! -Luke 14:26

- did not come to bring peace on earth but
rather came to bring FIRE and DIVISION
-Luke 12:51
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by KingsJohnson(m): 9:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
So whatz your conclusion?
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by F00028: 9:48pm On Oct 10, 2013
christianity:
death to followers of other religions -
(Exodus 22:20)

just one person worships another god? –
death TO ENTIRE TOWN (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)

don't listen to priests? – death
(Deuteronomy 17:12)

gay? – death (Leviticus 20:13)

do a little astrology? – death (Leviticus
20:27)

fool around? – death (Leviticus 20:10)

priest’s daughter fool around? – death
(Leviticus 21:9)

KILL nonbelievers - : (2 Chronicles
15:12-13)

fake pastors? – death (Zechariah 13:3 )

not a virgin on your wedding night? –
death (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

blasphemy? – death (Leviticus 24:10-16)

disrespectful children – death (2 Kings
2:23-24)

and many, many, many more…

oh yeah, and Jesus says: "Think not that I
am come to destroy the law, or the
prophets: I am not come to destroy, but
to FULFILL" .
(Mathew 5:17)
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by F00028: 9:51pm On Oct 10, 2013
the bible:

-600 passages of explicit violence in the
Bible,

-1000 verses where God's own violent
actions of punishment are described,

-100 passages where God expressly
commands others to kill people, and

-several stories where the biblical God kills
or tries to kill for no apparent reason.

source: "The Powers That Be: Theology for a New Millennium," Galilee Doubleday, (1998),
Pages 84 & 85.
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 10, 2013
F00028: undecided typical christian evangelism

Jesus:

if u did not understand what He mean with this word u should go and sleep...He did not mean what u mean to hate ur family just like that...He even mention that u too should hate ur self...unless u can't be His disciple... u have to forsake things of this world..things of the flesh; live of money; anything that won't allow u to serve Him even ur family u should hate them....
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by wasak(m): 9:54pm On Oct 10, 2013
@ poster u should have conducted a wider research. probably ur ignorance won't have been so manifest as it is now!!!
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by realtem(m): 9:56pm On Oct 10, 2013
Kings Johnson: So whatz your conclusion?
i want to refute all these nonsense,
such as the claim that Muhammad
and Jesus preached a morally
equivalent message or that all
religion is the same.

You need not to be fooled anymore by the islamic kinda motto(religion of peace )
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by Haywhymido(m): 9:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
Do u knw d greatest n best of mankind to ever live on earth? Google can help u with dat. Even sum xtian testify to it. When dey read dat man's autobiography n biography.U wil b able to knw hw good he is,wen u get rid of dose ur rung notion abt him.
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by realtem(m): 10:01pm On Oct 10, 2013
F00028: christianity:

to FULFILL" .
lack of knowledge destroys.
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by F00028: 10:03pm On Oct 10, 2013
realtem: lack of knowledge destroys.
as it is doing to you...
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by realtem(m): 10:09pm On Oct 10, 2013
F00028: undecided typical christian evangelism

Jesus:

Trust me, jesus knows everything. A christian will always try to obey God no matter what(though not arrogantly) and the world who doesn't know God don't give a damn. The division will be caused due to the difference in their lifestyle . And even the bible said: can two walk together except they be agreed. Not that the christian or Jesus willingly wants to create division
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by realtem(m): 10:15pm On Oct 10, 2013

to FULFILL" .
And now do you see any of those happening. The old testament is kinda like a mirror of things that will happen in the new testament but in a different way and that is the main reason that even when jesus came, the jews found it hard to understand that the scripture has prophesied jesus' coming . And yes he truly came to fulfill the prophets

1 Like

Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by Samboot(m): 10:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
@realtem, I tink we really have to see so I can learn more from U.. U've jux enlighten me on tinx that I was ignorant of.. I had never believe that Islam is a religion of peace and never will I believe it..
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by Samboot(m): 10:18pm On Oct 10, 2013
My saviour, Jesus and the so-called Mohammed are not the same and they can never be d same!!
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by Samboot(m): 10:20pm On Oct 10, 2013
Jesus is a fan of PEACE while mohammed expressly commands and supports terrorism.. So how come they're the same??
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by realtem(m): 10:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
Samboot: Jesus is a fan of PEACE while mohammed expressly commands and supports terrorism.. So how come they're the same??
don't mind them. Their lifestyle really shows the difference: muhammad was a warrior that fought wars and captured slaves(don't tell me someone that fought wars didn't kill anybody during the war) while Jesus was a carpenter who walked the streets of nazareth, judea, galilee and others with his disciples whom had no record of killing anyone
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by Samboot(m): 10:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
realtem: don't mind them. Their lifestyle really shows the difference: muhammad was a warrior that fought wars and captured slaves(don't tell me someone that fought wars didn't kill anybody during the war) while Jesus was a carpenter who walked the streets of nazareth, judea, galilee and others with his disciples whom had no record of killing anyone
abi. Will U be coming for the monthly program?? If yes, I would like us to see..
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by realtem(m): 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
Samboot: abi. Will U be coming for the monthly program?? If yes, I would like us to see..
messaged you on whatsapp
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by Kendzyma(m): 7:07am On Oct 11, 2013
I wonda y dy kip blamin boko haram's act dat it iz "unislamic"..smh...no wonda d quran iz nt easily acesabl by ani1,dats y d imams twist everytin..muslims or even imams find it easy to quot d bible cours d bible az ntg to hide unlik d quran inwich u adly or no pastor or christian az eva quotd it b4...u wil also observ dat does arab countries ar mr obsesd wit jihad and war,y?? Becaus dy undastood d quran and putin it into actn,bt d 1nc dey translatd in eng az bin editd and d truth az bin rmvd frm it,dats y dey tink dy ar on d rit part.
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by Emusan(m): 7:30am On Oct 11, 2013

just one person worships another god?–

to FULFILL" .

SMH.....If Muhammad claims that the God who sent Abraham, Moses, Jesus and others Prophets is the one who sent him......don't you know you don't have right to speak against YHWH....about anything in the Bible?

I wonder why it is difficult for you people to say Christian & Muslim are serving the same God yet you people will continue to accused God's action in the Bible when it was confirmed in your book that what happened to past generations is from God.

@Op...you really tried but not by doing this that will make them to believe in Jesus as the savoir of the world rather by continue to put light on reason why Jesus came to this world because their book comfirms everything about Jesus......let them realise that.

Shalom!
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by Samboot(m): 7:50am On Oct 11, 2013
Emusan:

SMH.....If Muhammad claims that the God who sent Abraham, Moses, Jesus and others Prophets is the one who sent him......don't you know you don't have right to speak against YHWH....about anything in the Bible?

I wonder why it is difficult for you people to say Christian & Muslim are serving the same God yet you people will continue to accused God's action in the Bible when it was confirmed in your book that what happened to past generations is from God.

@Op...you really tried but not by doing this that will make them to believe in Jesus as the savoir of the world rather by continue to put light on reason why Jesus came to this world because their book comfirms everything about Jesus......let them realise that.

Shalom!
itx not that we didn't want them to be converted as well.. @OP, pls pardon me for say'n dis '' the OP himself was once a muslim before he become converted'.. It will be my joy if the whole world, muslims inclusive will see that there has bin an enimity betwn God and Man since wen Adam and Eve dis-obeyed him, but Jesus came to dis world to fill that gap that was created so we could have direct acces to God... There is dis funny saying that the comforter that was promised in the bible was mohammed, it makes me sad wen I hear pple say'n dis cos they've blindfolded by their religion so deeply.. This world would have been a better place without the religion ISLAM, but since they're here already may God open their inner eyes to know the truth.. Jesus only is the way, accept him into ur life and claiming U're worshing God in a wrong way!! Shalom#

1 Like

Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by Samboot(m): 7:55am On Oct 11, 2013
there's another thing common to the muslims, I don't know whether anyone else has noticed that, if U avn't, then start to take note frm today.. Wen U pple are talk'n abt trinnity the question they always ask is, ''TELL US WHERE JESUS SAID IN THE BIBLE THAT I AM GOD, WORSHIP ME'' have U noticed that too.. Wen I ask a muslim child in my area he told me that it was there alphas that taught them that weneva christains are talking abt trinity tthey should always ask us that question.. Can U all see that these pple are where am going, u muslim are jux being mis-guilded, have a turn arround and embrace christ!! Shalom#
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by Emusan(m): 8:16am On Oct 11, 2013
Samboot: there's another thing common to the muslims, I don't know whether anyone else has noticed that, if U avn't, then start to take note frm today.. Wen U pple are talk'n abt trinnity the question they always ask is, ''TELL US WHERE JESUS SAID IN THE BIBLE THAT I AM GOD, WORSHIP ME'' have U noticed that too.. Wen I ask a muslim child in my area he told me that it was there alphas that taught them that weneva christains are talking abt trinity tthey should always ask us that question.. Can U all see that these pple are where am going, u muslim are jux being mis-guilded, have a turn arround and embrace christ!! Shalom#

On the point of Trinity it's a great mistake on Muhammad's part to say Christian worshipend three God. I read Qur'an and I saw it there. He even went further to say they worship Mary as God. Where he finally killed his message is when he said Jesus didn't die.

Anyway let's continue to pray for them rather than this comparison.

Shalom!
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by F00028: 10:09am On Oct 11, 2013
Samboot: there's another thing common to the muslims, I don't know whether anyone else has noticed that, if U avn't, then start to take note frm today.. Wen U pple are talk'n abt trinnity the question they always ask is, ''TELL US WHERE JESUS SAID IN THE BIBLE THAT I AM GOD, WORSHIP ME'' have U noticed that too..

that should be your concern as well.
something as fundamental to your faith as the the "trinity", and Jesus Christ never taught it?! shocked
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by italo: 10:20am On Oct 11, 2013
Please, stop comparing Jesus with Mohammed.

One claimed to be God; the other claimed to be God's messenger.

Stop comparing God with man.
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by F00028: 11:35am On Oct 11, 2013
italo: Please, stop comparing Jesus with Mohammed.

One claimed to be God...

where did Jesus Christ, the son of Mary ever claim to be God? undecided
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by F00028: 11:43am On Oct 11, 2013
@realtem
and biblical Jesus' second coming is going to be bloodier and far more destructive.

Jesus will “judge and wage war” (Rev. 19:11), his robe will be “dipped in blood” (19:13), and he will be accompanied by “armies” (19:14) with which he will “strike down the nations” (19:15), including “the Gentiles” in, general and “the nations that were opposed to him” in specific. This will result in the “utter destruction of all his enemies”. Furthermore: “in his second coming[,] he will complete their,destruction, when he shall put down all opposing rule, principality, and power.”

Once he conquers the infidels, Jesus “will rule
them with an iron rod” (19:15).
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by SalC: 12:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
There should be no reason to compare them in the first instance.
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by italo: 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
F00028:

where did Jesus Christ, the son of Mary ever claim to be God? undecided

Many places!

But when I show you, you will come up with the old lame excuse: "the Bible Mohammed told us to believe in has been corrupted."

When asked to produce the unadulterated one that Mohammed had in his bedroom, you wont be able to.

Why then do you ask me to show you where Jesus claimed to be God when you have made up your mind that you will reject it by any trick possible.
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by F00028: 1:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
italo:

Many places!

But when I show you, you will come up with the old lame excuse: "the Bible Mohammed told us to believe in has been corrupted."

When asked to produce the unadulterated one that Mohammed had in his bedroom, you wont be able to.

Why then do you ask me to show you where Jesus claimed to be God when you have made up your mind that you will reject it by any trick possible.

now who's making excuses? wink
if you dont have it just be honest and say so.

and as for your original bible, the prophet Isaiah says the scriptures have long been corrupted so ask him where it is.
Re: Comparing Jesus And Muhammed by ckkris: 1:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
This thread is a waste of precious time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam / Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos / I Am Frustrated With This Life!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.