Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday (8521 Views)

Nigeria Vs Congo : AFCON 2015 Qualifiers (2 - 3) On Saturday September 6, 2014 / Suicide bombers Die In Failed Plot At Super Eagles Match In Ethiopia / Nosa Igiebor Injured After Attack On Eagles In Ethiopia. Eagles Set New Record. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by arthgideon: 11:12am On Oct 11, 2013
Super Eagles are scheduled to arrive in Addis Ababa on Saturday morning ahead of their first leg 2014 World Cup qualifying playoff against the Walya Antelopes of Ethiopia on Sunday.

In a statement on Thursday, the Nigeria Football Federation General Secretary Musa Amadu said the chattered flight conveying the delegation would leave the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, at 1.40am on Saturday and touch down at the Addis Ababa Airport at 8am, Ethiopian time.

Amadu said 263 persons, including 23 players, coaches, NFF and National Sports Commission officials as well as members of the National Assembly and Nigeria Football Supporters’ Club members would board the plane.

He said the federation’s two officials, who arrived in Addis Ababa on Tuesday, had been working with the Nigerian Embassy in Ethiopia to make l arrangements for the delegation.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/10/11/super-eagles-263-man-delegation-to-land-in-addis-ababa-on-saturday/

Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by DrKlever(m): 11:24am On Oct 11, 2013
Good! Hope another plane crash will not happen?
Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by dominique(f): 1:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
Na to misappropriate funds na im dey sabi. More than half of those delegates have no business being there.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by 3ace(m): 1:45pm On Oct 11, 2013
Highest number of delegates so far.
Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by arewatech(m): 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
How come I'm not invited undecided
Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by joshuaidibia(m): 1:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
Ok. Dnt knw wat 2 say yet. Make sunday reach!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by omojaytee(m): 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
Mak dem sha no fly ontop associated airline!
Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by Slizbeat(m): 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
We dey watch.
Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by 3ace(m): 1:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
dominique: Na to misappropriate funds na im dey sabi. More than half of those delegates have no business being there.
I think they are to cheer the super eagles to victory.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by nen4: 1:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
journey mercy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by ITbomb(m): 1:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
Two hundred and wetin?
That is a battalion
But the question is 'Are we watching the match live?'
Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by Slizbeat(m): 1:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
DrKlever: Good! Hope another plane crash will not happen?

No, it won't as long as you don't think of it. Learn to be Positive.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by sCun: 1:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
3ace: Highest number of delegates so far.
Many of them are fans, not just officials

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by bknight: 1:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
263 delegates? Ethiopia na construction site? shocked angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by stantob(m): 1:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
Victory nothing short.
Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by 3ace(m): 1:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
arewatech: How come I'm not invited undecided
When I believe some National Assembly members would have stylishly dodged the IV for fear of crash, u dey vex say dem no invite u. Fear from recent crashes no catch u ni?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by Slizbeat(m): 1:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
dominique: Na to misappropriate funds na im dey sabi. More than half of those delegates have no business being there.

Wetin National Assembly dey go find?? Na those pple go raise the budget, even if na only 5 pple. Dey shud av reduced d number to 120 or 150.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by 3ace(m): 1:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
Scun: Many of them are fans, not just officials
I know. The FG deliberately sponsored this trip because the match is crucial to our qualification. Hence, my response to dominique above.
Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by 3ace(m): 1:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
Dem want make Ethiopians fear na, make dem know say Nigeria mean business. For airport like dis ehn, dem go just count dey go like say the delegates no go finish from the plane as dem dey come down.
Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by arewatech(m): 1:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
3ace: When I believe some National Assembly members would have stylishly dodged the IV for fear of crash, u dey vex say dem no invite. Fear from recent crashes no catch u ni?

Na style I take book space grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by stantob(m): 1:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
Are you a prophet of doom?
Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by searay(m): 1:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
I see the Eagles loosing. Mark my words

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by 3ace(m): 1:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
arewatech:

Na style I take book space grin
I thought as much. Booking of space is now brining out new creativity. Una no use dot again because of e-attack wey go follow.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by didisky(m): 1:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
Money they should use for better things
Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by nerodenero: 1:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
At times, supporters' chanting and singing can have a great effect on the game's outcome. The large entourage is to an extent commendable. I don't blame your mindset, that is what our leaders have reduced us to.
Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by 3ace(m): 2:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
searay: I see the Eagles loosing. Mark my words
Who be dis? Ofe fori ko ina, abi? Like one fan tweeted, "Ethiopians know their pitch like the back of their palms, we know how to beat them like the back of our palms. Source-Channels sports tonight.
Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by Deyo2013(f): 2:02pm On Oct 11, 2013

lipsrsealed

What kind of devilish mind do you have? Prophet of doom!
Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
WTF 263? Beht whyyy?

That is how one of this NFA officials will tell his family they are going on vacation and carry 12 of his family members with him to Ethiopia.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by nerodenero: 2:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
3ace: When I believe some National Assembly members would have stylishly dodged the IV for fear of crash, u dey vex say dem no invite. Fear from recent crashes no catch u ni?
Local aircraft is been plagued with crashes. Thank God it is an international flight, otherwise, If na within Nigeria, I go just advise make Eagles follow our pot-holes infested highways.
Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by julioralph(m): 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
na which kain yeye Doctor u be?
God will certainly disappoint u!!!
Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
Amadu said 263 persons, including 23 players, coaches, NFF and National Sports Commission officials as well as members of the National Assembly and Nigeria Football Supporters’ Club members would board the plane.

Hence the figure.
Re: Nigeria's 263-man Delegation To Land In Ethiopia On Saturday by stephenobuks(m): 2:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
Half of that delegation aren't amembers of the supporter's club!!! Am sure of that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oduamadi Donates Food Items And Toiletries To The Motherless In Lagos / Enugu Rangers Sign Merchandising Contract With D&M On Lotto Sportswear / A Lucky Bet9ja Customer Wins Over 40million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.